PDA

View Full Version : Columbus at Bellville

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
How do you think our Brahmas will do against Columbus? I don't think we should take them lightly. They surely have something to prove don't they?

trg
10-19-2009, 12:44 PM
As always I am rooting for the Brahmas. I believe in this team. I think they can do it this Friday night!!!

Go BULLS!!!!

StangEm
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Hard to say this week. Wiebold may be out with staph in his knee and Knoll may be out after a sever concussion. If the right adjustments are made then I think the Bulls will pull it out but if more poor decisions are made.....

Booter11
10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Columbus gets their first win of district against the Brahmas this week in a very close game... Will be a very low scoring game but i am taking the Cards 20-14

teetle
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Bellville needs to wins this one. If not theys stay home for sure. I believes that they will come through. The bulls have been there before. Theys knows what to do. Huey he know what to do but he gone. Good luck.:D :eek: :weeping:

rancher
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Bulls will pull it out but if more poor decisions are made.....

Why should things change? They have been making these decisions all year. They are living proof of the defination of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. :clap:

BrahmaMom
10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Get well wishes to Knoll and Weibs. The Brahmas gotta get their groove on. We can do it, no doubt. C'mon Bulls, take care of the Cards Friday night!

sTx
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Lets go CARDS!!!!!!!!! i think they can pull it out by 6

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Bulls roll.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Columbus in a close one

BrahmaMom
10-20-2009, 07:21 AM
C'mon Brahma fans, lets be loud here and in the stands! Our Brahmas can do it! I believe! GO BULLS!!

BrahmaMom
10-20-2009, 07:22 AM
See guys, I won't roll over and play dead, I am just no longer rabid! Love ya, Big Red!

StangEm
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I say.....

Bulls 21
Cards 14

Come on Bellville O-Line!! Youth is not an excuse!!

Bull's-eye
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Bulls will pull it out but if more poor decisions are made....._________________

Why should things change? They have been making these decisions all year. They are living proof of the defination of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. :clap:

After hearing all the talk about using the TE, I was curious to see if the Brahmas would use more of the short passing game. Bellville went to a very tight running formation, have 3 RB's in the backfield on a majority of their running plays. Giddings put basically 8-9 players in the box and basically killed every sweep or runs to the outside. Too many plays where the Buffs just came through and stopped Bellville for negative yards, especially on second & short. I thought the Bellville offense was setting up the drawn in Buff defense for a quick slant or something over the middle to the TE, but they never did any of this. Too many times the Bellville offense struggled to get the play off, I'm not sure if they even beat the clock on their TD. I would like to see us getting to the line with extra time to audible or put a man in motion. It was easy to see from the stands that our formations were not going to work against the opposing defensive formations. Most of our sets allowed every man of the Buffs defensive to be involved in every play. Split a few players out wide or take the defender to the other side with motion. Quick play-action can slow the rush and hold the linebackers.

StangEm
10-20-2009, 12:40 PM
How many times did they run the Trap last week? 10? 12?

Pudlugger
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
This will be a watershed game for Bellville. They win by 2 or 3 tds.

beastyboyz
10-20-2009, 05:30 PM
This will have to be a perfectly played/called game for bellville with 2 or 3 of their defensive starters out...#18knoll #9polk and #68wiebold...

But I will say they can do it. And if offense gets rollin could possibly be a scare for sealy next week.

Good luck to all teams in D25!

zebrablue2
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
good luck brahmas. lets get on a roll these last 3 games, and make a race of it.. could be a lot of 3-2 records... never know.

BrahmaMom
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I think you could be right, zebrablue. Bellville has always shown up to play at the Pasture. Friday could be the night they click. Let's go, Brahmas!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-20-2009, 07:13 PM
both teams have their backs up against the wall... these kids are gona play so hard in this game... should be a great game!!

bvillebrahma010
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
agreed ^^^^^

Antec
10-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Game will be broadcast on Radio Station KULM FM 98.3 in Columbus-Not sure if its on a webcast

BrahmaMom
10-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Let's get fired up!!

Booter11
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
C'mon Cards, prove to everyone that yall can compete in this district... WE GOT YOUR BACK!

tiger eye
10-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Too many quality kids for either to fold.

Time for both to be heard from or get out the
round balls.

Both have great Volleyball programs, where will that
game be played ?

Hope for a speedy recovery to those injured !!!!

Booter11
10-21-2009, 01:41 PM
the vball game will be played in bellville... columbus will win that game, they has 2 losses this year and are ranked 4th in the state

beastyboyz
10-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Wht will bellville have to do to win this game and keep their playoff hopes alive??

Also what will columbus have to do to win this game and keep their playoff hopes alive??

Just wondering what yall think.

BrahmaMom
10-22-2009, 07:38 AM
The Brahmas need to win, big would be better cuz of the point thing. One game at a time, the plan used to work well for the Bulls. Tomorrow night, get ready for some football!! GO BRAHMAS!!

Booter11
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
The Cards need to limit the mental mistakes... Some of those mistakes cost them from making their game against smithville alot closer than it was... The defense needs to play the game of a lifetime and the speedy offense needs to hold onto the ball and wear down the bellville defense... They will need 110% effort for 4 qtrs to win this game

Bone Pile
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
GBR

11as1
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
this game will be the deciding factor for both of these teams and this will certainly make for an exciting friday night. this will be a hard fought game just as it was last year when the bulls walked off with a tight victory. i can see the same thing happening this year. however, this game has all the makings to be a slober knocker. collier decided he was finally going to get to call his plays the way he wants after taking so much heat from the bellville fans, however with this being done he lost his man upstairs (the pressbox) in coach cerny. this should make it a little more exciting and maybe even give the bellville fans somethin to cheer about in this let down year. IMO collier strikes up the band with a win 21-17 bulls.

goodluck to both teams and play injury and mistake free football

teetle
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Bulls be gonna take it to wthe Cardinals. I believes its pluck the Cardinals. Cardinals can'ts make it through the pasture of pain without stepping in a little do do. Bulls roll. Good Luck to all:D :eek: :bigcry:

TRENCHES06
10-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't count out Bellville just yet....they are LOADED with talent

duckhunter
10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
somebody call the fire dept....sounds like the bridges are burning down in bellville

trg
10-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I am not going to comment on all the speculating and gossiping going on. Let's go Bellville!!! Come out and support the Brahmas on Friday night. These boys and coaches put their all into the game and deserve our support. I believe in this team. Go BULLS!!!!!

MJMbrahmas10
10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
The bulls have been runnin a goalin formation Karley why do u think they wil run the spread?

11as1
10-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
The bulls have been runnin a goalin formation Karley why do u think they wil run the spread?

a little birdie told me that collier is gonna run the O he wants which means he will more likely run the spread

Mojado
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Bellville has its problems, but make no mistake about it... Bulls roll the birds... May be the only win in district, but it will happen.

Sad days because Bellville is loaded with talent and size.

I heard rumors that DC from LG is bein courted already for the head job???

Zack is a good coach... Good luck Bulls fans!!!

beastyboyz
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Yea I think the brahmas will roll pretty big, I don't think the cards d is that good, and I don't see the cards offense scoring many points, if they score at all on the bellville d. Even though they have 3 starters out.

Good luck to both teams...gonna be a chilli night. Bring out the hot chocolate!

BrahmaMom
10-23-2009, 07:29 AM
As much as I want to see us in the play offs, young men and hard work does not a play off berth earn. It takes wins and teamwork, passion and heart, team and self-discipline. This isn't Little League where everyone who shows up for practice gets to play because that is fair. We want to win, absolutely. But it takes more than showing up for practice. We are in a tough district. I hope all the chatter is forgotten for tonight and we play as one team and WIN, BIG would be even better! Love ya, Brahmas! Crush the Cards!

hookandladder
10-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
As much as I want to see us in the play offs, young men and hard work does not a play off berth earn. It takes wins and teamwork, passion and heart, team and self-discipline. This isn't Little League where everyone who shows up for practice gets to play because that is fair. We want to win, absolutely. But it takes more than showing up for practice. We are in a tough district. I hope all the chatter is forgotten for tonight and we play as one team and WIN, BIG would be even better! Love ya, Brahmas! Crush the Cards!

WOW,you hit the nail on the head about Little League play, which that was the case in LG. Makes it hard to watch games where every player get's to play and sometimes even makes you lose the game. Hard to watch when your first string defense is on the sideline watching the other team score the winning TD on your 2nd,3rd and 4th team players,it like winning means nothing.

This is at the sub-varsity levels.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Hook, for the most part I agree football is and always should be a meriticracy. However, the subvarsity system serves a higher purpose in the program than just winning. It exists to develop athletes into good varsity players. Many fine varsity players were bench warmers in 7th and 8th grade. Remember some kids develop physically latter than others. In my day there was this kid in 7th grade who was bigger and stronger than all the other boys. He even had to shave! Everyone thought he would be a great football player in high school. By my junior year I was taller and stronger than him.

Back on topic. The Bellville folks have been pretty much torn up after their team lost two consecutive games in district. Well stuff happens. Get over it and stop bashing the program. The team will get their game together. Have faith and be supportive of the new coach. Don't undermine the kids with all this criticism. All schools have up and down years. Look at Libery Hill and how they are dealing with adversity. Be supportive like BrahmaMom. It will work out. Really.:)

BrahmaMom
10-23-2009, 10:09 AM
There isn't a team in our district that sucks. All the programs have tradition and have good teams this year. Look at the state rankings--wow, it is impressive. Best of luck to all, especially for injury-free games, those just take the fun out of football. GO BIG RED!

buff4ever
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Isn't there a game to be played tonite, I didn't get on here to read about this crap.

HERE,

Foster is probably a great HC, he seems to really have the defense playing well. About the play calling, I am sure that the OC is calling the plays, whether he takes recommendations from the eye in the sky or not is between the coaches; and Foster can and will deal with that I am sure. If you aren't happy with the OC, give it time, from the outside as late as chancellor left, Foster's hands were tied. If his OC doesn't get it done this year, and Foster feels the talent is there, then I am sure he will do something about it when the time is right.

Talk about the game, do the rules even allow this type of thread to go on?

Bone Pile
10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Buffy you are in rare form!! Nobody makes since to you today. Loosen up the suit,it is cutiing off the circulation.
Just joshing. have a good day. BP

rancher
10-23-2009, 07:58 PM
End of 1st Quarter

Columbus 3
Bellville 0

rancher
10-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Half
Columbus 3
Bellville 7

Brahma84
10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Bellville was up big late 34-3. Left before the end.

Brahma84
10-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Columbus 3 0 0 0 3
Bellville 0 7 21 6 34

Scoring summary
CLB -- Jacob Christen 33-yard field goal, 09:12, 1st.
BLV -- Jeremy Jackson 1-yard run, 00:16, 2nd.
BLV -- Darryl Jackson 2-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 06:01, 3rd.
BLV -- Andrew Brinson 14-yard pass from Kyle Mueller (Tucker Hardie kick), 02:08, 3rd.
BLV -- Wayne Houston 20-yard pass from Kyle Mueller (Tucker Hardie kick), 01:08, 3rd.
BLV -- Kyle Mueller 42-yard run (kick failed), 11:50, 4th.

Team Stats
-------Columbus Bellville
Total yards 65 386
First downs 4 19
Rushes/Yds 27/33 35/175
Average rush 1.22 5
Comp/Atts 8/21/3 19/28/1
Pass yards 32 211
Comp pct 38.1 67.86
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/2
Penalties-yards 5-30 7-56

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Congrats to Bellville. Now if you win out it could be interesting. The Leps will certainly try to give yall as much help as possible by beating Sealy in game 10. Good luck the rest of the way and take this win to the bank.:)

sTx
10-23-2009, 11:55 PM
:rolleyes: sorry pud but i dont see LG beating sealy yall have one hell of a team...but so do we but we will just have to wait one more week to see:) good luck this upcoming week

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
LG beats Sealy. Get you eye exam here free.:D

Bull's-eye
10-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Not sure what happened in this game, Bellville's offense was on life support until about 2 minutes remaining in the first half. Did they find someone new to call the plays? Bellville started running the spread, throwing high percentage passes to a number of receivers, including the TE. This opened up the running game and was easily their best offensive showing of the season. Bellville scored 34 unanswered points in little over a quarter to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. The defense dominated the whole game, and it was finally nice to have this kind of performance from the offense. Hats off to the new play calling, it was liked someone flipped a switch. My only question, why did they wait until the 8th game of the season?

beastyboyz
10-24-2009, 01:35 AM
It was nice to see the brahmas show respect for columbus' school song after they showed respect for theirs...both teams showed great class.

rancher
10-24-2009, 06:00 AM
I have to agree with Bull's-eye, I was keeping my own stats and until Bellville got the football before half, THEY HAD ONLY ONE FIRST DOWN AND HAD NOT BEEN PAST MID-FIELD. I must also say, why did the coaching staff wait till game 8 to put this offense in motion. However, the defense was responsible for a lot of great field position for the offense.

beastyboyz
10-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Hmmmm, maybe columbus just woke up a sleeping giant(bellville offense) now we all know wht could happen if the brahma Offense played like that every game...

Bull's-eye
10-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I have to agree with Bull's-eye, I was keeping my own stats and until Bellville got the football before half, THEY HAD ONLY ONE FIRST DOWN AND HAD NOT BEEN PAST MID-FIELD. I must also say, why did the coaching staff wait till game 8 to put this offense in motion. However, the defense was responsible for a lot of great field position for the offense.

I too was keeping mental stats and the offense was looking worse than last week's poor showing. Credit some deep kickoffs by the Bellville kicker that really put Columbus deep in their own territory. I noticed he only takes a 3 step approach, would think a few more steps could add some distance to his kicks. This new offense was fun to watch, but would of liked to of seen it against Giddings. Last week's game plan with the very tight running formation (using 3 backs) failed miserably. I don't think Columbus was prepared to defend the spread, but I'm sure Sealy will be ready. Bellville will have to pick up the blitz and also have some hot routes to beat the pressure. I'm also disappointed that it took until game 8 (might be too late), but at least they are finally getting it right.

BrahmaMom
10-24-2009, 02:48 PM
We all saw the Brahma offense of old. It did wonders for the team and fans and changed the stats and possibly the outcome of the game, possibly. Congrats to our Bulls--job well done. I have my own personal opinion of what happened, but it is a guess and will keep it to myself. Whatever changed, it was certainly for the better. Too bad it didn't happen two games ago...

teetle
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Pud Bellville not going to beat Sealy and La Grange not beating Sealy. Ya'lls needs to wake up. It;s alls a dream. I can't believe that ya'lls so buddy buddy. Why yous hates Sealy so much. Sorry that wes good after not being so good. :D :D :D