PDA

View Full Version : District 17-Will Gilmer be Div 1?

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 11:21 AM
With Gilmer being the second largest enrollment and Chappel Hill being the largest, can Chapel Hill find the magic and make the playoffs? It seems they have had a rough time this year and I am wondering if they can put together enough wins to make the playoffs. If not, Gilmer in Division 1 will be very interesting. I think that such a scenerio might bring about another Gilmer vs Jasper matchup, or Gilmer vs Navasota, or even a possible Gimer vs Abilene Wylie championship game. The possibilities are interesting. Chappel Hill in Division 1 would make the Region 3 Division 1 playoffs with some interesting possibilities too.

lulu
10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
With Gilmer being the second largest enrollment and Chappel Hill being the largest, can Chapel Hill find the magic and make the playoffs? It seems they have had a rough time this year and I am wondering if they can put together enough wins to make the playoffs. If not, Gilmer in Division 1 will be very interesting. I think that such a scenerio might bring about another Gilmer vs Jasper matchup, or Gilmer vs Navasota, or even a possible Gimer vs Abilene Wylie championship game. The possibilities are interesting. Chappel Hill in Division 1 would make the Region 3 Division 1 playoffs with some interesting possibilities too.

Do not count CH out. We beat them by 1 but they are by far the most aggresive and hungry team we have played this year. Even though Gladewater out scored us last Friday they IMO are not nearly as "tough" as CH. Gladewater has 2 really fast brothers but with out them,,,,,,there nothing. They, the team, is not aggressive and don't play tough. A really good D line can shut that down quickly. I wish they had been more aggressive because our boys seem to respond to that in a positive way. As you know we are not consistent and we have some injuries. We have a great quarterback and some good receivers but not much O line. They do step up more if the opposing defense comes on harder.

It's gonna be a toss up. Tatum believes they will be in the hunt and think they will beat us hands down but that remains to be seen. Could very well happen. Bero pulled out a whole different bunch of plays than what we used at CH....We'll see which team show up.

As far as play offs the only concern there is which way Gilmer goes,,,,,,as you said.

We play Gilmer this week. I wish we could give them the challenge they need for going into the play offs. They have not had the opponents they need to get better.

waterboy
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Dang, Lulu! I thought you wasn't the conceding type! Spring Hill will put a whooping on the Buckeyes,..........right?:D What do you think will happen Friday night in Longview?:thinking:

As far as the competition level, there hasn't been much in district thus far, and it turned out there wasn't much in non-district, either. It'll be hard to tell where the Buckeyes stand against tough competition until the playoffs begin, but I'm thinking the Buckeyes will be fine,........:clap:

lostaussie
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Just check Chapel Hill/ Tatum score friday night. If Tatum wins, I don't know who will get in but it won't be Chapel Hill. If Chapel Hill wins they still have a chance but they will still be 1-2 in district..........but that is better than 0-3:D

lulu
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Dang, Lulu! I thought you wasn't the conceding type! Spring Hill will put a whooping on the Buckeyes,..........right?:D What do you think will happen Friday night in Longview?:thinking:

As far as the competition level, there hasn't been much in district thus far, and it turned out there wasn't much in non-district, either. It'll be hard to tell where the Buckeyes stand against tough competition until the playoffs begin, but I'm thinking the Buckeyes will be fine,........:clap:

Are you joshing me or what? I didn't think I insuated any idea of giving ya'll a whooping. Although I would love to see the Panthers yank that chain a little bit. I was just saying that CH is a more aggressive tean than any others we've played. i noticed our guys responded to that.

What do I think is going to happen in Longview Friday night? Well we're gonna work real hard on kicking some Buckeye Booty.
But we're are also going to have our usual tailgate cook out and enjoy the game that takes place afterwards. Probably not as much as you guys but we're not used to winning all the time (case you did'nt notice) so it will be alright. No matter the chances we will be there yelling our heads off until we win,,,lose or just plain wear ourselves out. The fan presence will be there and loud if it holds true to form. Hopefully the fans haven't given up.

As far as the competition..........I don't think al lot of the other playoff hopefuls have had REally REally tough districts have they? I don't keep up with that since we don't have to worry too much about it.

PS:
Tell your guys to take it easy on "my boy".

lulu
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
They don't let the fans go to the opposing side but if you like I would meet you and Aussie and all the other Gilmer folks on here
at the fence that divides the two during halftime. Just a suggestion,,,no feelings hurt if you don't want to make the hike.

lostaussie
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
sorry I would luv to be there.............but I'm going deer hunting:D

sTx
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
If Sealy keeps winnin when might they play Gilmer???

waterboy
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Are you joshing me or what? I didn't think I insuated any idea of giving ya'll a whooping. Although I would love to see the Panthers yank that chain a little bit. I was just saying that CH is a more aggressive tean than any others we've played. i noticed our guys responded to that.

What do I think is going to happen in Longview Friday night? Well we're gonna work real hard on kicking some Buckeye Booty.
But we're are also going to have our usual tailgate cook out and enjoy the game that takes place afterwards. Probably not as much as you guys but we're not used to winning all the time (case you did'nt notice) so it will be alright. No matter the chances we will be there yelling our heads off until we win,,,lose or just plain wear ourselves out. The fan presence will be there and loud if it holds true to form. Hopefully the fans haven't given up.

As far as the competition..........I don't think al lot of the other playoff hopefuls have had REally REally tough districts have they? I don't keep up with that since we don't have to worry too much about it.

PS:
Tell your guys to take it easy on "my boy".
Yes, Lulu! I was yanking your chain..........but then you want to go and get all serious with me and stuff. :( I guess I'll just take my toys and go home now.:( :D I know you have faith, and it's daunting to have to face a team like the Buckeyes when they've been rolling everybody like they have, but I'd like to see the Panthers put a little pressure on our boys so they can stay grounded......just as I know you would. So much for the "smack talk"!

By the way, I would like to meet you, but I may not be able to go to the game. My daughter's band will be marching, and I haven't seen her perform yet. Then again, I may be there........it's still up in the air. I know most of the fellers that post on here will be there, except for lostaussie, of course.......he'd rather be sitting in the woods alone doing 12-ounce curls and chasing ghosts!:D Yep, he has his priorities straight!:D

waterboy
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sTx
If Sealy keeps winnin when might they play Gilmer???
It all depends on Chapel Hill whether we go D1 or D2. If CH gets in, Gilmer goes D2. If they don't, Gilmer goes D1. It's about as clear as mud at this point.:D Would Sealy be D1 or D2? If we do go in the same division, Gilmer would have to keep winning, too.....;)

WOS87
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
It all depends on Chapel Hill whether we go D1 or D2. If CH gets in, Gilmer goes D2. If they don't, Gilmer goes D1. It's about as clear as mud at this point.:D Would Sealy be D1 or D2? If we do go in the same division, Gilmer would have to keep winning, too.....;)

Sealy is guaranteed to be D1 since they have the largest enrollment in their district. They couldn't meet Gilmer until the Semifinals since Sealy is Region IV and Gilmer is Region III.

waterboy
10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Sealy is guaranteed to be D1 since they have the largest enrollment in their district. They couldn't meet Gilmer until the Semifinals since Sealy is Region IV and Gilmer is Region III.
I could live with that! That would mean we would be in the semifinals....... Just one game away!

lulu
10-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Yes, Lulu! I was yanking your chain..........but then you want to go and get all serious with me and stuff. :( I guess I'll just take my toys and go home now.:( :D I know you have faith, and it's daunting to have to face a team like the Buckeyes when they've been rolling everybody like they have, but I'd like to see the Panthers put a little pressure on our boys so they can stay grounded......just as I know you would. So much for the "smack talk"!

By the way, I would like to meet you, but I may not be able to go to the game. My daughter's band will be marching, and I haven't seen her perform yet. Then again, I may be there........it's still up in the air. I know most of the fellers that post on here will be there, except for lostaussie, of course.......he'd rather be sitting in the woods alone doing 12-ounce curls and chasing ghosts!:D Yep, he has his priorities straight!:D

I know you will not miss this game. I won't make you do the meet and greet though:D But we are gonna beat up on ya'll worse if you don't come,,,,,,,oh,,,,maybe you just need to go to UH.:devil:

poisoned10
10-20-2009, 09:36 AM
District 17-AAA is pretty crazy right now.

Chapel Hill's playoff chances are still VERY possible. They have Tatum and Gladewater at home, both of which have been very inconsistent at best and Bullard, who I don't expect to come close to winning a district game.

If I'm understanding correctly, Chapel Hill still controls their own destiny. If they win out, they're in the playoffs.

Assuming that Gilmer wins out and Bullard losses out, which is what I expect, Chapel Hill MUST win out to make the playoffs.

Current District Standings:

Gilmer (2-0)
Tatum (2-0)
Gladewater (1-1)
Spring Hill (1-1)
Chapel Hill (0-2)
Bullard (0-2)

Teams Remaining Schedule:

Bullard Panthers
vs. Gilmer (L, 0-71)
@ Tatum (L, 14-42)
vs. Gladewater
vs. Chapel Hill
@ Spring Hill

Chapel Hill Bulldogs
vs. Spring Hill (L, 28-29)
@ Gilmer (L, 7-45)
vs. Tatum
@ Bullard
vs. Gladewater

Gilmer Buckeyes
@ Bullard (W, 71-0)
vs. Chapel Hill (W, 45-7)
@ Spring Hill
@ Gladewater
vs. Tatum

Gladewater Bears
@ Tatum (L, 28-29)
vs. Spring Hill (W, 40-28)
@ Bullard
vs. Gilmer
@ Chapel Hill

Spring Hill Panthers
@ Chapel Hill (W, 29-28)
@ Gladewater (L, 28-40)
vs. Gilmer
@ Tatum
vs. Bullard

Tatum Eagles
vs. Gladewater (W, 29-28)
vs. Bullard (W, 42-14)
@ Chapel Hill
vs. Spring Hill
@ Gilmer

lulu
10-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
District 17-AAA is pretty crazy right now.

Chapel Hill's playoff chances are still VERY possible. They have Tatum and Gladewater at home, both of which have been very inconsistent at best and Bullard, who I don't expect to come close to winning a district game.

If I'm understanding correctly, Chapel Hill still controls their own destiny. If they win out, they're in the playoffs.

Assuming that Gilmer wins out and Bullard losses out, which is what I expect, Chapel Hill MUST win out to make the playoffs.

Current District Standings:

Gilmer (2-0)
Tatum (2-0)
Gladewater (1-1)
Spring Hill (1-1)
Chapel Hill (0-2)
Bullard (0-2)

Teams Remaining Schedule:

Bullard Panthers
vs. Gilmer (L, 0-71)
@ Tatum (L, 14-42)
vs. Gladewater
vs. Chapel Hill
@ Spring Hill

Chapel Hill Bulldogs
vs. Spring Hill (L, 28-29)
@ Gilmer (L, 7-45)
vs. Tatum
@ Bullard
vs. Gladewater

Gilmer Buckeyes
@ Bullard (W, 71-0)
vs. Chapel Hill (W, 45-7)
@ Spring Hill
@ Gladewater
vs. Tatum

Gladewater Bears
@ Tatum (L, 28-29)
vs. Spring Hill (W, 40-28)
@ Bullard
vs. Gilmer
@ Chapel Hill

Spring Hill Panthers
@ Chapel Hill (W, 29-28)
@ Gladewater (L, 28-40)
vs. Gilmer
@ Tatum
vs. Bullard

Tatum Eagles
vs. Gladewater (W, 29-28)
vs. Bullard (W, 42-14)
@ Chapel Hill
vs. Spring Hill
@ Gilmer

P....are you coming to my house(SH) for the blow out? Won't ask you to meet.....it's ok....you can come anyway.:D

poisoned10
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
P....are you coming to my house(SH) for the blow out? Won't ask you to meet.....it's ok....you can come anyway.:D

Of course! We don't miss any Gilmer games.

BuckeyeNut
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Well i really don't see CH winning out. They have to win 3 games in a row. They don't have the sand for that. This week in SH will be nice. The best game this week will the the 7th grade. Last year in the peewee superbowl SH beat the us. My son and that whole team are 7th grade now and are looking for payback.

lulu
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Well i really don't see CH winning out. They have to win 3 games in a row. They don't have the sand for that. This week in SH will be nice. The best game this week will the the 7th grade. Last year in the peewee superbowl SH beat the us. My son and that whole team are 7th grade now and are looking for payback.

Does 7th play here? The stadium is just across the highway from my house. I may have to come watch.

waterboy
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I know you will not miss this game. I won't make you do the meet and greet though:D But we are gonna beat up on ya'll worse if you don't come,,,,,,,oh,,,,maybe you just need to go to UH.:devil:
Come on now! IF I make it to the Buckeye game, my youngest daughter (9) will be my companion as usual. I'll bring her down there at halftime so we can meet you......like I said, though, I'm still not sure I'll be there. I'll let you know by Friday at lunch. How's that?:D

BuckeyeNut
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Does 7th play here? The stadium is just across the highway from my house. I may have to come watch.

yup on Thursday about 5 i think

lulu
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Come on now! IF I make it to the Buckeye game, my youngest daughter (9) will be my companion as usual. I'll bring her down there at halftime so we can meet you......like I said, though, I'm still not sure I'll be there. I'll let you know by Friday at lunch. How's that?:D

That's more like it. Ya didn't want us to put a big ole whoppin on ya'll huh?

Seriously, would love to see you but if it's not something you can or want to do It will not nurt my feelings.
I don't really enjoy the bands by now because they are marching the same routine every week. Getting ready for contest.

waterboy
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
That's more like it. Ya didn't want us to put a big ole whoppin on ya'll huh?

Seriously, would love to see you but if it's not something you can or want to do It will not nurt my feelings.
I don't really enjoy the bands by now because they are marching the same routine every week. Getting ready for contest.
Hey, Lulu! Ima gonna be at the game tonight! My daughter's band will likely not march tonight due to field conditions, so Ima gonna be able to catch some 3A football! Yippee!

I had to dig this thread up from page 6 so I could let you know....:clap: I told you I'd let ya know. See......I'm not that bad a feller!:D

WOS1
10-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Just check Chapel Hill/ Tatum score friday night. If Tatum wins, I don't know who will get in but it won't be Chapel Hill. If Chapel Hill wins they still have a chance but they will still be 1-2 in district..........but that is better than 0-3:D

The way I am looking at this, CH could lose to Tatum and still make the playoffs. They will not control their own destiny, but it's still possible as long as Tatum wins all games but Gilmer. And CH beats Gladewater and Bullard, that would make a 3 way tie for 3rd place then it would go to whatever tie breaker system your district has.