PDA

View Full Version : There is hope for the Cowboys to make the playoffs:The NFC East Sucks

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 09:37 AM
The NFC East is a combined 13-9 which looks decent on paper considering you have the redskins in the division, but look at the competetion and you will see what i mean

The Giants who lead the division have one win against an opponent with a winning record, conference foe Dallas who sits at 3-2, the rest of their wins have come against 2-4 washington, 2-4 Oakland, 1-5 Kansas City, and 0-6 Tampa Bay. Their loss is toa legitimate team, but they got beat down by the Saints whose record is 6-0

Tied for 2nd in the league is the Eagles at 3-2, whose victories have come agains 0-6 Tampa, 2-3 Carolina, and 1-5 Kansas City. The Eagles loses have come against the 6-0 Saints, and the 2-4 Raiders

Also tied for 2nd is Dallas whose wins come against 0-6 Tampa, 1-5 Kansas City and 2-3 Carolina. While their losses have come against teams with winning record the Giants at 5-1 and the Broncos who as of right now are 5-0.

Finally in the cellar is Washington whose 2 wins have come against 0-6 Tampa, and 0-6 St Louis. While their losses have come against the 5-1 Giants, 1-5 Detroit, 2-3 Carolina and 1-5 Kansas City.

Against teams with winning records the NFC East is 0-5
While againt losing team their record is 13-4.

Against losers the NFC East is awesome...well except for Washington, they suck.
But when it comes down to teams who are contenders the NFC East is horrendous. That being said the division is going to come down to who can beat who with in the division. NY who was being touted as one of the best teams in the NFl up until yesterday really isnt head and shoulders above the 'Boys, as we saw in the 33-31 victory. The NFC East is wide open in my opinion, well except for Washington they blow, but after looking at the records of who has beat who dont think its such a longshot that the Cowboys could win the division

Diocletian
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Well after reading that....

Tampa sucks

Saints are too good for the East

Dallas is only better than the Eagles and Redskins because they haven't lost to a crappy team yet....

I think the Giants will win the division, and no wild card selections will be made from the East.

I haven't lost hope yet though. After a walk off touchdown win in KC I'm hoping the Boys' can find some way to rally up and redefine themselves as the #3,#4 team in the NFC like we all thought they were at the start of this crazy season.

XtremeCouture
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Whose we? The talk at the beginning of the year was dallas would be an 8 or 9 win team

Leopards,class of 75
10-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The NFC East is a combined 13-9 which looks decent on paper considering you have the redskins in the division, but look at the competetion and you will see what i mean

The Giants who lead the division have one win against an opponent with a winning record, conference foe Dallas who sits at 3-2, the rest of their wins have come against 2-4 washington, 2-4 Oakland, 1-5 Kansas City, and 0-6 Tampa Bay. Their loss is toa legitimate team, but they got beat down by the Saints whose record is 6-0

Tied for 2nd in the league is the Eagles at 3-2, whose victories have come agains 0-6 Tampa, 2-3 Carolina, and 1-5 Kansas City. The Eagles loses have come against the 6-0 Saints, and the 2-4 Raiders

Also tied for 2nd is Dallas whose wins come against 0-6 Tampa, 1-5 Kansas City and 2-3 Carolina. While their losses have come against teams with winning record the Giants at 5-1 and the Broncos who as of right now are 5-0.

Finally in the cellar is Washington whose 2 wins have come against 0-6 Tampa, and 0-6 St Louis. While their losses have come against the 5-1 Giants, 1-5 Detroit, 2-3 Carolina and 1-5 Kansas City.

But when it comes down to teams who are contenders the NFC East is horrendous. That being said the division is going to come down to who can beat who with in the division. NY who was being touted as one of the best teams in the NFl up until yesterday really isnt head and shoulders above the 'Boys, as we saw in the 33-31 victory. The NFC East is wide open in my opinion, well except for Washington they blow, but after looking at the records of who has beat who dont think its such a longshot that the Cowboys could win the division You have many great points. There are still 11 games left in this 2009 season. The only 2 losses of the season were to good teams.( Giants and Broncos) They were both really close games and the Cowboys could easly be 5-0. I still think the Cowboys can win this division, only time will tell! Thanks again for your post!!!!

skins4life
10-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

But when it comes down to teams who are contenders the NFC East is horrendous. That being said the division is going to come down to who can beat who with in the division. NY who was being touted as one of the best teams in the NFl up until yesterday really isnt head and shoulders above the 'Boys, as we saw in the 33-31 victory. The NFC East is wide open in my opinion, well except for Washington they blow, but after looking at the records of who has beat who dont think its such a longshot that the Cowboys could win the division

You are right about one thing for sure, the REDSKINS SUCK and I've been a 'Skins fan for 30 years. I do have one consolation tho. They won't go 1-15 this year. ;)

coach
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
You are right about one thing for sure, the REDSKINS SUCK and I've been a 'Skins fan for 30 years. I do have one consolation tho. They won't go 1-15 this year. ;)

but they might go 2-14

skins4life
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
but they might go 2-14

That could happen for true but that is better than 1-15!!!