PDA

View Full Version : I bet Jeff Fisher......

blowfish
10-18-2009, 07:13 PM
....wishes he would have worried more about his defense and offense than he did Jerry Jones' new scoreboard! :D

IrishTex
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
And I bet he is looking in the want ads for a new job before he gets fired..

:D

lostaussie
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
i quit watching at the half...............did V Young ever get in the game?

ivchris
10-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i quit watching at the half...............did V Young ever get in the game?

Only after it was over. He was 0 for 2 with 1 int...2 rushes for -1 yard.

catgut
10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
I wish he'd get fired and then hired by the Cowboys.

IrishTex
10-19-2009, 06:37 AM
It's really amazing to me how they basically have the same team as last year, and yet their record is so much worse than last year.

Sounds like some attitude problems in the locker room is all I can figure.

:confused:

blowfish
10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by catgut
I wish he'd get fired and then hired by the Cowboys.

Fisher wouold never be hired by Jones. And what kind of logic makes you want a coach that is 0-6? Thats is just plain crazy!

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It's really amazing to me how they basically have the same team as last year, and yet their record is so much worse than last year.

Sounds like some attitude problems in the locker room is all I can figure.

:confused:

they are not the same team..their best d player is in Washington and injuries have KILLED their secondary

Footballhudini
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I think the main thing is their d-coordinator leaving. That guy was a mad genius.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Fisher wouold never be hired by Jones. And what kind of logic makes you want a coach that is 0-6? Thats is just plain crazy!

You are telling me one bad season would steer you away from a awesome coach! Man thats crazy to me! You are right about one thing jones prolly wouldnt hire him anyways!

kaorder1999
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
i feel bad for him

catgut
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
You are telling me one bad season would steer you away from a awesome coach! Man thats crazy to me! You are right about one thing jones prolly wouldnt hire him anyways!

I agree Jones wouldn't hire him because he doesn't want a real football coach. He wants someone he can control the moves.

As for Fisher being 0-6, check out overall record compared to Phillips.

Macarthur
10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by blowfish

This is just another example of how folks that hate JJ or the Cowboys simply refuse to use their brain.

Actually, if you knew anything about what you were talking you would know that JJ and Jeff Fisher are actually good friends. They were on the competition committee for several years and both have much respect for each other.

JJ would hire Fisher in a heartbeat if Tenn let him go, which I don't think they will.

But let's not let that stop us from making wild irrational comments.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I'd take Fisher over pretty much any other coach in the league, save for a few who are already retired (Dungy, Cowher, Shanahan). And even then, I still might take Fisher over them. Simply a great coach IMO.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree Jones wouldn't hire him because he doesn't want a real football coach. He wants someone he can control the moves.

yea cause Jones has never hired a Parcells type of coach..oh wait he did

Gobbla2001
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Don't think Jeff Fisher is the problem in Tennessee... Collins isn't doing well overall this year... and when he did yesterday the receivers couldn't catch the ball...

I knew losing Haynesworth in the middle would hurt the Titans, but not this much, it looks like that one guy had a large positive impact...

Ex-Tiger2005
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea cause Jones has never hired a Parcells type of coach..oh wait he did

And look how that turned out! It will never happen again, the coach he chooses will be someone he can somewhat control or persuade! thats why we will not be elite until he stays in that box and minds HIS business.

Pendragon13
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I wish he'd get fired and then hired by the Cowboys. It'll never happen..Jerry has already had two coaches who actually wanted to run the team (JJ, Parcells) and he doesn't want another.

Macarthur
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
And look how that turned out! It will never happen again, the coach he chooses will be someone he can somewhat control or persuade! thats why we will not be elite until he stays in that box and minds HIS business.

How it turned out? Parcells' did not win a playoff game, but you can't deny that he turned the franchise around. They haven't had a losing season since he got there.

Again, don't let the facts get in the way of your biases.

Sure, he did it once and didn't win a SB so he's obviously not going to do it again!!!

:rolleyes:

blowfish
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
This is just another example of how folks that hate JJ or the Cowboys simply refuse to use their brain.

Actually, if you knew anything about what you were talking you would know that JJ and Jeff Fisher are actually good friends. They were on the competition committee for several years and both have much respect for each other.

JJ would hire Fisher in a heartbeat if Tenn let him go, which I don't think they will.

But let's not let that stop us from making wild irrational comments.

The great thing is you can come on here and pretend to be "in the know". Funny how others that do this for a living have asid the same thing on national TV. Oh well they were probably irrational as well. Glad you could be a mentor to me.

Now could you come over and make sure I cut the grass the right way and put dishes in the dishwasher correctly MR. all knowing.

Macarthur
10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
That doesn't make them all knowing. I'm certainly not in the know, but I do read tons of stuff. Frankly, it's not some huge secret that JJ and Fisher are friends.

It's also no big secret that Bud Adams and Fisher aren't best buds. There's a post this morning on profootballtalk.com that Bud is already starting to throw Fisher under the bus.

As for the JJ stuff, I still don't understand why people keep saying that JJ won't hire a strong HC. HE DID! He hired Parcells and completely took a back seat to Big Bill for 3 years. If JJ thought Fisher, Holmgren, Shanny, you name it, would bring a SB, he would hire him in a second.

Look, there's lots of stuff about JJ that I don't like, and I agree he has an ego. But guess what, so does everyone on that level! You don't get to the highest levels of anything and not have some ego. The difference is that JJ puts his money where his mouth is...He may not always make the right decisions, but every decision he makes is with the sole intension of winning because he knows the best way for the Cowboys to make money is to WIN! I just get tired of all the Jerry bashing. You can certainly question some of his football moves, but questioning his motiviations is just silly.

29-3aFAN
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I think it's the love affair he is having with Kerry Collins.

blowfish
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Just my $.02 but if I had to bet I would bet on Shanahan or Gruden. Right now I would give the edge to Gruden. Bad thing about him is that he seems to love Romo as much as everyone else that is still under his spell. I could be wrong though, maybe that is what Romo needs is someone to get in the middle of his arse.

Trashman
10-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't know anything about Jeff fisher except that he is the longest tendered active coach in the NFL. With that being said.........does he have any SB titles or conference championships?:thinking:

Astrosdawg07
10-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I don't know anything about Jeff fisher except that he is the longest tendered active coach in the NFL. With that being said.........does he have any SB titles or conference championships?:thinking:

He does have a conference championship!

catgut
10-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
It'll never happen..Jerry has already had two coaches who actually wanted to run the team (JJ, Parcells) and he doesn't want another.
IMO Jones hired Parcells because he wanted to get the Dallas fans fired up about the team before voting for his stadium. Once he had the stadium wrapped up, you don't see Parcells there anymore.

bleacherbum
10-20-2009, 08:40 AM
IF the Titans let Fisher go, he will have a job in a matter of days. Unless he chooses to take a year or two off like Shanahan, Gruden, Cowher, etc... as someone said earlier, the longest tenured coach in the league and one of the best coaches around IMO.

SintonPirateFan
10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure JJ took a backseat to Parcells... remember "The Player"??? no way would Parcells have kept that sideshow around for so long if he were in the driver's seat.

For the Cowboys to be a serious contender again, JJ is going to have to realize that he is no GM. I don't see that happening any time soon though.

Sittin & Fishin
10-22-2009, 12:30 AM
It's always amazing to me how a good coach can have a year or two that are total disasters like the season the Titans are going through. Injuries, free agency, aging QB, and dumb luck can devestate teams so quickly. Vince Young is certainly not the answer in Tennessee.

I bet Fisher does end up in Dallas next year, and I will be glad. I think Jerry hates losing just about as much as he hates not being the one in the spotlight all the time. He just can't stand not being in the spotlight for very long, or until he forgets how much losing stinks after some winning seasons. (Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcels)

Isn't it amazing how long it has been since Dallas did anything in the playoffs.

Footballhudini
10-22-2009, 01:57 AM
I am a titans fan, or so I thought. I like the titans, but jeff fisher is the main reason. If jeff moves, I move my fanbase. If adams wouldve forked over some money instead of counting pennies in years passed fisher would have 3 rings.

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That doesn't make them all knowing. I'm certainly not in the know, but I do read tons of stuff. Frankly, it's not some huge secret that JJ and Fisher are friends.

It's also no big secret that Bud Adams and Fisher aren't best buds. There's a post this morning on profootballtalk.com that Bud is already starting to throw Fisher under the bus.

As for the JJ stuff, I still don't understand why people keep saying that JJ won't hire a strong HC. HE DID! He hired Parcells and completely took a back seat to Big Bill for 3 years. If JJ thought Fisher, Holmgren, Shanny, you name it, would bring a SB, he would hire him in a second.

Look, there's lots of stuff about JJ that I don't like, and I agree he has an ego. But guess what, so does everyone on that level! You don't get to the highest levels of anything and not have some ego. The difference is that JJ puts his money where his mouth is...He may not always make the right decisions, but every decision he makes is with the sole intension of winning because he knows the best way for the Cowboys to make money is to WIN! I just get tired of all the Jerry bashing. You can certainly question some of his football moves, but questioning his motiviations is just silly.

Dont you Cowboys fans deserve an owner who will jsut throw his money at the problem and leave the football decisions to football people?