PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
This is a must-win game for the Panthers or we may end up hoping somebody beats somebody else the last two weeks to earn a playoff spot.

Dawg Dad - this is your week to "shine" on here. :doh:

Bullaholic
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This is a must-win game for the Panthers or we may end up hoping somebody beats somebody else the last two weeks to earn a playoff spot.

Dawg Dad - this is your week to "shine" on here. :doh:

I'm pulling for you guys LHPM---we want some 'revenge'...:D The crazy part is, Bridgeport is having a very similar season to LH record-wise---although we should be able to win our district.

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm pulling for Liberty Hill to make the playoffs! It is crazy to think LH won't make it.

44INAROW
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I too am hoping the Panthers pull off the win this week. Good Luck Panthers ;)

pirate4state
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I too am hoping the Panthers pull off the win this week. Good Luck Panthers ;) +1

wimbo_pro
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
I hope I can make this game, but its doubtful. I gotta fly out to San Diego very early Sat. morning.

Wimberley "should" win this game, based on this years performance of both teams. But usually, previous performance during the year dosent have much to do with this rivalry (except for last year...yikes).

With that said, I really have no idea on the outcome of this game. Obviously I hope we win, but a cornered Panther is a dangerous thing.

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
As much as I like Wimberley I want a win for LH. Those good folks I have met there have generally humble attitudes and I myself root for those who are good people, too.
No slight to Wimberley at all. Good town, people and team there too, but I have always rooted for LH and attended more than one playoff game for them.

GO PANTHERS!!!
:clap: :) :clap:

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Shoot! I've met and made friends with almost all the teams in the playoffs from this district.:)

Where is Chris Hart?:(

ziggy29
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I think LH will throw everything they have at this one, knowing that their playoff chances are all but wiped out with a loss here. That makes them very dangerous here; the "cornered Panther" comment seems to capture that well.

That plus being at home gives them a decent shot at the upset. But if Wimberley plays the way we know they can, I think the Texans will be too much. The best hope for the Hill might be for Wimberley to come out starting a little flat.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I can't believe people are feeling sorry for LH. They diddn't feel any simpathy when beating teams by 40,50, or even 70 pts. I know a few people from LH myself and they are good folks but they just dont have the talent this year, big deal.

ziggy29
10-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
I can't believe people are feeling sorry for LH. They diddn't feel any simpathy when beating teams by 40,50, or even 70 pts. I know a few people from LH myself and they are good folks but they just dont have the talent this year, big deal.
I think several teams in 8-3A could attest to the fact that on occasion it's hard NOT to score 60 or 70 points, even if you're taking your foot off of the gas and even if you empty your bench for the entire second half.

Corn Cob
10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
I think Wimberley wins this one and it won't even be close.

wimbo_pro
10-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
I think Wimberley wins this one and it won't even be close.

We can only hope!!!!! a good, solid whoopin' would please me to no end!

Dawg Dad
10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow, this thread is really low compared to years past...where are the fans from either school? Seems most people posting on here are fans from other schools. Oh well, the real game of the week for district 8 will be in Llano. Has this Wim.-lh game lost a lot of its importance? lh has had wimb.'s number the past few years, do you think they can take this one? Go Jackets.

Coach BS
10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I agree there used to be tons of LH posters, guess they don't have much to say. Wimberly wins!

LH_Tuff
10-21-2009, 10:14 AM
I think we are still here and just waiting for Wimbo to say LH sucks. :D

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Wimberley is overrated.

:devil:

TexDad
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Wimberley began the season overrated but at 74 in the Massey ratings can't really say that now.

dawg4life
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM
im going for wimberley just because it makes bandera look better

LH_Tuff
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by TexDad
Wimberley began the season overrated but at 74 in the Massey ratings can't really say that now.

LH is at 85. This may be a close game. More likely, they will swap positions after this week. :devil:

Footballhudini
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm going with a 7-7 tie

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
I'm going with a 7-7 tie

good call

TexanAlum_06
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I dont really know what to think of this game..... Mainly due to the fact that we never know which wimberley team is gonna get off the bus week to week. If we turn in a sloppy performance like we did against dripping and bandera then we will get beat. But if we come out fired up and play some inspired football like we did against Burnet then we should come away with a win. Who knows?

Our defense has to be able to get off the field on 3rd down and offensively we can't have multiple 3 and outs in a row. I feel confident about our defense but if they are on the field the majority of the game then we will get worn out. I think this will be a low scoring game.

TexanAlum_06
10-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Also coming off the bye week means theres a good chance we might come out a little flat. If LH jumps on us early by a couple of scores we might not be able to recover. This should be a quick game because we are running the ball a lot this year.

lange4
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I feel Wimberley is going to win by 21. Week after week LH disapoints in what I expect from them. Be it lack of talent, although they are a feader program off of a metro-plex.

SintonFan
10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS

I know I'm not feeling sorry for them. I myself mentioned, "I always root for them" so why would that be different now?:confused:

lange4
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
When did LH and Wim fall out of the good graces of the AAS. They allways are in the weekly pickem but are absent this week.

Daddy D 11
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Also coming off the bye week means theres a good chance we might come out a little flat. If LH jumps on us early by a couple of scores we might not be able to recover. This should be a quick game because we are running the ball a lot this year.

LH won't jump on you by a couple scores. Wimberley has always had a great game plan for our offense and this year won't be any different. Wimberley rolls, big.

NastySlot
10-22-2009, 01:54 PM
this one could be closer then most think......I will put it this way seen both play a few times...and one isn't as good as everyone thinks...and the other isn't as bad...........the best two i've seen play are burnet and llano.....saw that wim/burnet game and burnet hasn't been that been that bad since that game..

sloppy play has been the only consistant thing in this district.....turnovers.

NastySlot
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont really know what to think of this game..... Mainly due to the fact that we never know which wimberley team is gonna get off the bus week to week. If we turn in a sloppy performance like we did against dripping and bandera then we will get beat. But if we come out fired up and play some inspired football like we did against Burnet then we should come away with a win. Who knows?

Our defense has to be able to get off the field on 3rd down and offensively we can't have multiple 3 and outs in a row. I feel confident about our defense but if they are on the field the majority of the game then we will get worn out. I think this will be a low scoring game.

you might be able to answer this question...what the heck has happen to drip...since they beat you all....they can't beat anyone.

Red&White_9x5
10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you might be able to answer this question...what the heck has happen to drip...since they beat you all....they can't beat anyone.

I think Drip lost their stud qb for the year a few weeks ago. Not sure exactly what type of injury it was

Footballhudini
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
**remembers the LH/Wimberley glory days**

garciap77
10-22-2009, 07:22 PM
LH by 1 TD!

TexanAlum_06
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Thats a really good question and I have been wondering the same thing. They must have had some devastating injuries or something. If that is true that their starting QB went down with an injury then that makes sense. Because he was their best player hands down.

TexanAlum_06
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH won't jump on you by a couple scores. Wimberley has always had a great game plan for our offense and this year won't be any different. Wimberley rolls, big.

That may be true. But we can turn in some pretty UGLY performances from time to time and if we have one tonight then we will be in trouble. Emotions and intensity levels should/will be at all time highs tonight.

Rule #76
10-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Thats a really good question and I have been wondering the same thing. They must have had some devastating injuries or something. If that is true that their starting QB went down with an injury then that makes sense. Because he was their best player hands down.

Drip lost both of their QBs. Moore to knee surgery and Tuck to shoulder surgery. Without the two headed monster that they had last year running the offense they don't have much left. Both fantastic kids. Hated to see it happen to them.

Rule #76
10-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Wimberley wins big in this one. LH just doesn't have it this year.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
Wimberley wins big in this one. LH just doesn't have it this year.

Ummmm....wrong.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Wimberley rolls, big.
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Daddy D 11
10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I never said that:D You re-worded my words!

ziggy29
10-24-2009, 10:51 AM
This year's district play has really been an "expect the unexpected". This puts LH squarely in the playoff race again -- they may need some help, but it seems like another wacky three-way tie for the last playoff spots isn't out of the question...

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
I will put it this way seen both play a few times...and one isn't as good as everyone thinks...and the other isn't as bad
:inlove: :kiss: You're a smart guy. :)

I knew the Panthers had "it" in them and I think they learned that they do. :cheerl: :cheerl: Great job, guys.

Go Jackets! :D