PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia @ Brookshire Royal

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
week three in district 26 things are starting to unravel can the team that lost to sweeny by 6 win agianst a good looking Brookshire Royal falcons squad. Give me your inputs (dont forget the poll)

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
The Falcons will win this one. They have the athletes and the speed. This is not WC's year it seems.

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Falcons will win this one. They have the athletes and the speed. This is not WC's year it seems.

True but they did play sweeny and almost played spoiler

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
West Columbia will be a tough game for Brookshire. But did W.C. use up too much energy against Sweeny last week. Should be a good game. Will be listening for score updates for this one.

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
West Columbia will be a tough game for Brookshire. But did W.C. use up too much energy against Sweeny last week. Should be a good game. Will be listening for score updates for this one.

Shsbulldog if u want pm me your cell and I will text u the score at halftime and at the end which are the only times I check my phone lol

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Brookshire Royal's band could whip WC's.
:nerd:

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:nerd:

Lol :D

Move The Chains
10-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:nerd: hehe. :clap:

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
hehe. :clap:

MTC how are you feeling about BR this game

Move The Chains
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
MTC how are you feeling about BR this game I'm feeling like it depends on which Columbia team shows up.

The one that played Sweeny: West Columbia wins.

The one that played Needville: BR wins.

Necked
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Dont know if Columbia can win this one or not, But I'm pretty sure that they absolutely have to win it if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive. No margin for error left at this point, barring a complete colapse of one of the other leading teams...

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm feeling like it depends on which Columbia team shows up.

The one that played Sweeny: West Columbia wins.

The one that played Needville: BR wins.

Well idk if im totally with you on that they played against sweeny when they had one day of practice to no what they were going aganist they didn't practice monday or tuesday because of the field conditions so that could have had a huge effect on the game

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Well idk if im totally with you on that they played against sweeny when they had one day of practice to no what they were going aganist they didn't practice monday or tuesday because of the field conditions so that could have had a huge effect on the game

Are you talking about W.C.?

Move The Chains
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Well idk if im totally with you on that they played against sweeny when they had one day of practice to no what they were going aganist they didn't practice monday or tuesday because of the field conditions so that could have had a huge effect on the game The practice didn't matter. What I saw from the team itself, the attitide, belief, and fight they had against Sweeny is what I'm basing my opinion on.

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Are you talking about W.C.?

Im saying that wc played with sweeny because sweeny only 1 maybe 2 days to practice and learn wc

mac77
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Im saying that wc played with sweeny because sweeny only 1 maybe 2 days to practice and learn wc

What was there to learn? Columbia has been running the same program for 12 years. They knew what Columbia was going to throw at them. Columbia knew what Sweeny was going to throw at them.
Sweeny had a bad night on offense and needed their defense to step and they did.

If Royal doesn't play well or Columbia manages to pull out a win, what will the excuse be for Royal?

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mac77
What was there to learn? Columbia has been running the same program for 12 years. They knew what Columbia was going to throw at them. Columbia knew what Sweeny was going to throw at them.
Sweeny had a bad night on offense and needed their defense to step and they did.

If Royal doesn't play well or Columbia manages to pull out a win, what will the excuse be for Royal?

Don't need an excuse whoever plays the better ball will come away with the W

BRfalconfan
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by mac77

And not changing a program doesn't mean squat because you get more guys every year and the offense change defense formations can change and isn't the saying practice makes perfect

Move The Chains
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
And not changing a program doesn't mean squat because you get more guys every year and the offense change defense formations can change and isn't the saying practice makes perfect Doesn't matter. Sweeny started well..... Columbia fought back. That's all I needed to see.

The lack of practice had nothing to do with the game. The momentum change is what kept this game close.

SweenyBulldog
10-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I think WC will take this one if they can shut down Sweeny's Offense with a good running back and I believe BR has a good running back I think WC will take the W.....MTC what happend to #17 and will he play this week you think?

Crasher
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
did 17 get hurt? i believe he is a linebacker right? i could be wrong..

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
did 17 get hurt? i believe he is a linebacker right? i could be wrong.. Yeah, he got hurt. He plays RB too. He came in when Flannel went to the locker room for a bit. IDK what happened or if he will play this week. He had been nursing a beat up knee. Hopefully he can go this week.

SweenyBulldog
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
did 17 get hurt? i believe he is a linebacker right? i could be wrong.. Yeah I'm pretty sure he is line backer for WC and I just know he got hurt or something during the game but idk what type of injury it was...

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SweenyBulldog
Yeah I'm pretty sure he is line backer for WC and I just know he got hurt or something during the game but idk what type of injury it was...

I hope he isn't hurt to bad and wc can have him back soon

baseballcoach13
10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
I heard from a very credible source that #17 was in a wheel chair and was using crutches to push himself around the practice field yesterday. Amazing thing was he still managed three tackles.

Crasher
10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
well.... we certainly hope no one is hurt. Its better when teams can face each other healthy. i dont think we should joke about a kid in a wheelchair though.

thats bad karma

baseballcoach13
10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
I dont believe in karma but out of respect for those who do I will not joke about wheelchairs ever again.

Crasher
10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
or other peoples mommas

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 09:28 AM
or other peoples mommas your momma!

baseballcoach13
10-20-2009, 09:29 AM
So I guess other people's mommas in wheelchairs is a for sure no-no?

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Well from the looks of it I really think brookshire will win because they are the better team with better athletics the score will be 21 7

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Well from the looks of it I really think brookshire will win because they are the better team with better athletics the score will be 21 7 Doubtful.

Higher than that. I say 28-21 Columbia.

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Doubtful.

Higher than that. I say 28-21 Columbia.

Columbia just hasn't proven anything sweeny is good but they aren't good enough to be a top 20 team and royal has played 3 this year I royal plus royal also knows what happens if they win which is play offs and they want that more then any team in the district I believe

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Columbia just hasn't proven anything sweeny is good but they aren't good enough to be a top 20 team and royal has played 3 this year I royal plus royal also knows what happens if they win which is play offs and they want that more then any team in the district I believe Columbia hasn't proved anything? LOL

What has Brookshire proved? That they can lose to top teams? Congrats. :clap: :rolleyes:

And yeah, Brookshire is the only team that wants to go to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Columbia hasn't proved anything? LOL

What has Brookshire proved? That they can lose to top teams? Congrats. :clap: :rolleyes:

And yeah, Brookshire is the only team that wants to go to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

They proved they can play with the best win or lose

They haven't been to play offs since they moved up to 3a im just being realistic

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
They proved they can play with the best win or lose

They haven't been to play offs since they moved up to 3a im just being realistic They proved they can give up 45 points in one half. They proved they can lose by 40 to WO-S and they proved that they can go to OT with a VERY, at the time, overrated Bellville team.

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
They proved they can give up 45 points in one half. They proved they can lose by 40 to WO-S and they proved that they can go to OT with a VERY, at the time, overrated Bellville team.

West orange was the wrost week with everyone sick, sealy is just a great team, and bellville is still a top 20 team overrated or not

Gonzo
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Still looking for a SuperFalcon or Falcoln Jones sighting........

BR 42 WC 24

SweenyBulldog
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
17-14 WC wins this one

Crasher
10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
yeah, they rushed for 420 yards against sealy. scored 37 in one half. Giddings could only muster 18 against the tigers. played bellville to OT AT Bellville, which is always tough. They have teh #1 offense in the district. Have scored over 80 points in two district games. 32 at wharton. needville only managed 20 on them You are right. Royal has proven nothing but that they are losers. We'll see friday. i'm off the board until then. WC has the LAST place defense. I am tired of hearing Move The Chains Move His Mouth. Friday night... Game over.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
yeah, they rushed for 420 yards against sealy. scored 37 in one half. Giddings could only muster 18 against the tigers. played bellville to OT AT Bellville, which is always tough. They have teh #1 offense in the district. Have scored over 80 points in two district games. 32 at wharton. needville only managed 20 on them You are right. Royal has proven nothing but that they are losers. We'll see friday. i'm off the board until then. WC has the LAST place defense. I am tired of hearing Move The Chains Move His Mouth. Friday night... Game over. We'll see.

Held Sweeny to 0 points in the second half.... and West Columbia played a pretty salty pre-district. No wonder they don't have pretty stats. :rolleyes:

STAggie
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
We'll see.

Held Sweeny to 0 points in the second half.... and West Columbia played a pretty salty pre-district. No wonder they don't have pretty stats. :rolleyes:

LOL. It's funny you think WC's predistrict was harder than Royals. Everytime you log on you prove you know nothing about football. Royal rolls.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
LOL. It's funny you think WC's predistrict was harder than Royals. Everytime you log on you prove you know nothing about football. Royal rolls. LOL. Do you even know who all we played?

Let's see 4A Brazosport, 4A Manvel, 4A El Campo, 4A Kashmere, and St. Pius.

Yeah, Sealy played St. Pius.

and Kashmere isn't wonderful, but those other 3 are legit and as good as Sealy, WO-S, or Bellville, matter of fact, prolly better than all 3. Yeah, we lost them just like Brookshire lost their's.

Noone is saying Brookshire played a weak pre-district. I'm just saying there's a reason we don't have really pretty stats. I'm not going to pick Brookshire. I'm FROM WC after all.

I chose WC because of how they played against Sweeny, not because of some stats they ran up on a 2A.

Again, depends on which Wc team that shows up. But we'll see.

STAggie
10-20-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL. Do you even know who all we played?

Let's see 4A Brazosport, 4A Manvel, 4A El Campo, 4A Kashmere, and St. Pius.

Yeah, Sealy played St. Pius.

and Kashmere isn't wonderful, but those other 3 are legit and as good as Sealy, WO-S, or Bellville.

Noone is saying Brookshire played a weak pre-district. I'm just saying there's a reason we don't have really pretty stats. I'm not going to pick Brookshire. I'm FROM WC after all.

I chose WC because of how they played against Sweeny, not because of some stats they ran up on a 2A.

LOL. Royal played one 2a and then put up those pretty stats on a top 20 team and a top 10 team (Bellville and Sealy) but you are right, semi decent 4a's are better oppenents. Sorry for doubting you.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
LOL. Royal played one 2a and then put up those pretty stats on a top 20 team and a top 10 team (Bellville and Sealy) but you are right, semi decent 4a's are better oppenents. Sorry for doubting you. Brazosport, and El Campo would both roll Sealy. Manvel probably be a dog fight.

STAggie
10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Brazosport, and El Campo would both roll Sealy. Manvel probably be a dog fight.

Once again your football knowledge is astounding.

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Well we will see friday falcon field at 730

Dogs_21
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Brazosport, Manvel and El Campo are good teams.. I don't think anybody in D26 can beat El Campo or D25..that's just my thought but who knows

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Brazosport, Manvel and El Campo are good teams.. I don't think anybody in D26 can beat El Campo or D25..that's just my thought but who knows Apparently we're both idiots then. Because ST Aggie knows ALL.

Dogs_21
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Manvel only lost to power house #5 Anglenton in class 4A by 1 point so get real people... Go check out football everywhere just not your home towns and you would see differnt things.. None of these teams can play with Anglenton

2 krunk
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
If columbia can keep the turnovers down, they have a good chance. My opinion is that columbia's defense is good enough to hold brookshire's offense in check. if they find ways for the QB to do his thing, they can be a problem on offense also. they had sweeny beat and just didn't know it. i have to go with the necks on this one.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Manvel only lost to power house #5 in class 4A by 1 point so get real people... Go check out football everywhere just not your home towns and you would see differnt things.. None of these teams can play with Anglenton Kinda lost about your point? The point being that Manvel is pretty darn good, just like I said?

The point being that El Campo would murder all of D 25, yes even Sealy.

The fact that Brazosport would most likely handily beat Sealy too?

Surely you are not saying any of those things, like that idiot MTC. Because after all, Sealy is so great that no one could beat them. And West Columbia is gonna to get rolled because the almighty Sealy team gave up a couple hundred yards to Brookshire!

Obviously I'm not saying we're going to kill Brookshire, but I'm going to pull for my team. The stats mean nothing. Both teams needs a W pretty badly if they want to make the playoffs.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
If columbia can keep the turnovers down, they have a good chance. My opinion is that columbia's defense is good enough to hold brookshire's offense in check. if they find ways for the QB to do his thing, they can be a problem on offense also. they had sweeny beat and just didn't know it. i have to go with the necks on this one. My thoughts EXACTLY.

It'll be a good game for sure. Brookshire is going to let their players go to work, and they'll make some nice plays.... but I think the Necks put it together a bit last week and hopefully they can build on that.

Dogs_21
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Kinda lost about your point? The point being that Manvel is pretty darn good, just like I said?

Surely you are not saying any of those things, like that idiot MTC. Because after all, Sealy is so great that no one could beat them. And West Columbia is gonna to get rolled because the almighty Sealy team gave up a couple hundred yards to Brookshire!

Obviously I'm not saying we're going to kill Brookshire, but I'm going to pull for my team. The stats mean nothing. Both teams needs a W pretty badly if they want to make the playoffs.

My Point is that West Columbia has played some tough teams.. and those tough teams have played tough teams

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
My Point is that West Columbia has played some tough teams.. and those tough teams have played tough teams Surely not! :eek:

StAggie doesn't think so! :rolleyes:

SweenyBulldog
10-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Surely not! :eek:

StAggie doesn't think so! :rolleyes: Lol gotta love sarcasm....The reason I'm picking WC to win is because the defense basically shutdown Sweeny's run and if BR has a similar RB like Sweeny's I do believe WC can pull off the W they have the potental...plus their hungry for a win especially after the loss to Sweeny and quite honestly BR very well could enter this game with a big head...JMHO

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by SweenyBulldog
Lol gotta love sarcasm....The reason I'm picking WC to win is because the defense basically shutdown Sweeny's run and if BR has a similar RB like Sweeny's I do believe WC can pull off the W they have the potental...plus their hungry for a win especially after the loss to Sweeny and quite honestly BR very well could enter this game with a big head...JMHO :inlove:

carter08
10-20-2009, 05:02 PM
angleton will win state.
maybe.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by carter08
angleton will win state.
maybe. Angleton is legit. But why are we talking about them?

carter08
10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Angleton is legit. But why are we talking about them?

why wouldn't we?

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
why wouldn't we? because it's a west Columbia/Brookshire thread? Although, me and you do tend to kind of do what we please.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
brookshire is better than wc... brookshire rolls

carter08
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM
did i make a prediction yet?

WC 35
BR 17

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
did i make a prediction yet?

WC 35
BR 17 :) :clap:

zebrablue2
10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
brookshire is better than wc... brookshire rolls

the falcons are better, but will this be one of their off weeks??? brookshire by 6!!

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
the falcons are better More talented? Yes.

Better? Not so fast.

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 08:50 PM
the falcons are better, but will this be one of their off weeks??? brookshire by 6!!

Idk I went to see the middle school games and I kept peaking over at the varistys practice and I will tell u this they were hitting was loud and they were flying around

zebrablue2
10-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Idk I went to see the middle school games and I kept peaking over at the varistys practice and I will tell u this they were hitting was loud and they were flying around

hope they don't take each other out before friday night:D

BRfalconfan
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
hope they don't take each other out before friday night:D

Lol me too they really look like they have came together

STAggie
10-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Kinda lost about your point? The point being that Manvel is pretty darn good, just like I said?

My post had nothing to do with Sealy. Actually it was to your comment that Brookshire has put up "pretty" stats on an easy schedule of 2a's.

carter08
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM
go necks.

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
go necks. ^

Falcoln Jones
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Gonzo Falcoln Jones is here

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Falcoln Jones
Gonzo Falcoln Jones is here

congrats...

brookshire will win in a close game, i think their team speed will be showcased in this game