PDA

View Full Version : District 16 week 8 Preview

LE Dad
10-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Week 8 will put everyone over the hump. There are some huge games on tap. 2 teams could potentially be eliminated from playoff contention, while 1 can all but seal a playoff berth with 2 weeks remaining.

1. Liberty Eylau (2-0) @ Pittsburg (2-0)- The winner will at least share the district title and ensure a berth in playoffs. The loser just needs to keep playing and they are in. Pitt has a balanced attack with a 1000 Yd rusher and a capable QB/ receiver tandem. The Pitt defense likes to stack up against the run and make you pass. They have good team speed and are well coached. LE has amassed 1900 Yds on the ground and has shown the ability to pass as necessary (3-3 with 2TDs in wk7 ). This game should be fun to watch. It was a close game last year with LE failing on a potential game winning 2 point conversion. This year I think LE will leave with a 7 point victory.

2. New Boston (1-1) @ Atlanta(0-2) - This game is a must win for both teams. NB still has LE and PG; Atlanta still has LE. The loser is all but done. I think NB has shown more consistency and is the better coached team. Atlanta has been up and down all year but I don't see them getting up from this. New Boston by 14.

3. Pleasant Grove (1-1) @ Mt Vernon (0-2) - PG wins easily. PG still has New Boston and Pitt to end the year so they better not relax too much.