PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to throw up

XtremeCouture
10-18-2009, 07:10 AM
So Florida beats Tennessee by ten and theN gets a few gift penalties from the refs to barely get past Arkansas by 3 points but praise be to our lord and savior Tim tebow. Texas plays in a rivalry game against an awesome defense and gives up -16 yards rushing and all everyone can talk about is McCoy.

Now some sportswriters have the audacity to say Texas may not even deserve to be ranked ahead of Iowa or Cincinnati. Wow. I'm sure Texas wishes they had as weak of a schedule as those two. But seriously. Iowa is better than Texas? How soon they forget their one point win over an fcs school.

XtremeCouture
10-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Ok now I am throwing up. I just found an article on yahoosports of mock bcs rankings. Alabama number one is fine. USC number two is just crazy. They are ahead of a bunch of unbeatens when their loss is to WASHINGTON and yesterday they barely beat notre dame and if anyone tries to argue that notre dame is a potential bcs contender then apply for a job at yahoo cuz I'm sure they would love to hire you. And then to top it off he has matt Barkley as #4 in the heisman race. It seems like anyone can post garbage like this nowadays.

Z-RO
10-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Everything I have read has showed

florida
Alabama
Texas
-big gap-
USC

Regardless if we win out we will be in...simple as that.

XtremeCouture
10-18-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm sure the real bcs rankings won't have USC at 2. I'm just sick of reading articles like this and listening to the analysts talk so much crap about Texas. It's always "they're only winning because of their defense". What happened to defense wins championships? And if you're seriously going to argue that Alabama has any offense, then please apply for a job at yahoo

Trashman
10-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree 100%. The thing that makes me sick when these same idiots use the term "Style Points". Time for a real playoff system! The BCS is pure BS.

LE Dad
10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I agree 100%. The thing that makes me sick when these same idiots use the term "Style Points". Time for a real playoff system! The BCS is pure BS. +1

STANG RED
10-18-2009, 09:27 AM
How dare yall come on here trying to discuss trivial matters like this. This of all weeks.:mad:

sinton66
10-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Considering their overall track record, I think I know what "BCS" actually stands for. BULL**** Contrived Selections:rolleyes:
Way past time for a playoff system.

Trashman
10-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
How dare yall come on here trying to discuss trivial matters like this. This of all weeks.:mad:

:spitlol:
I agree Schneider does suck!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2p9QMRZ1S4I/R1HdqaKjBaI/AAAAAAAAAII/5j56jLm2aOI/s400/Schneider.jpg

shamu85
10-18-2009, 02:42 PM
:spitlol:
I agree Schneider does suck!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2p9QMRZ1S4I/R1HdqaKjBaI/AAAAAAAAAII/5j56jLm2aOI/s400/Schneider.jpg

Now that is funny.

You have to admit, Iowa is playing very well right now. Texas, though has much more potential to play better than anyone else in the country. They are not playing anywhere their potential, but yet are still winning. They will be fine, even in the BCS.

Tech spanking Nebraska was nice yesterday as was OSU doing the same to Mizzou.

trojandad
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
its the "payback for spoiling espn's all time champion".....espn spent millions of dollars producing all of these programs before the USC - Texas championship game comparing that years USC team to the all time best college teams one by one and concluding this team to be the best ever....

they had also produced the framework to several after game programs getting intimate with the "newly crowned national champions" USC with exclusive at home interviews of coaches, babysitters, teachers, girlfriends, illegitimate children (scratch the last one), they were just gonna splice in game footage of the championship game once it was finished...... all of which got screwed up by two heisman winners not being able to beat one runner up.......

texas cost them so much in potential california audience, a big reason why they didn't run with the yahoo sports story about the ncaa investigating bush taking money even though they had the same info according to bush's fired representative, they didn't want to run that info until they had gotten the audience from the stories they produced early.....

to use an espn example, they went all in with two kings and vince had two aces, they're getting their pound of flesh in response......

PPHSfan
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
its the "payback for spoiling espn's all time champion".....espn spent millions of dollars producing all of these programs before the USC - Texas championship game comparing that years USC team to the all time best college teams one by one and concluding this team to be the best ever....

they had also produced the framework to several after game programs getting intimate with the "newly crowned national champions" USC with exclusive at home interviews of coaches, babysitters, teachers, girlfriends, illegitimate children (scratch the last one), they were just gonna splice in game footage of the championship game once it was finished...... all of which got screwed up by two heisman winners not being able to beat one runner up.......

texas cost them so much in potential california audience, a big reason why they didn't run with the yahoo sports story about the ncaa investigating bush taking money even though they had the same info according to bush's fired representative, they didn't want to run that info until they had gotten the audience from the stories they produced early.....

to use an espn example, they went all in with two kings and vince had two aces, they're getting their pound of flesh in response......

I watched that game too. I'm a huge Texas fan, but I didn't wear my burnt orange glasses when I sat in front of the Television. I remember Vince Young winning that game on a fantastic run at the very end. It was a great game. However Texas did not Beat the Hell out of an overrated prima donna. They escaped defeat in a well played game by TWO fantastic football teams.

trojandad
10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
back the truck up.....

never said or even inferred USC were overrated or prima donnas, even though it looks like USC will get to forfeit all their wins that bush played in and vince will get his heisman a few years late....

espn just holds so much sway with college media voters or else they don't get help and assistance from the media giant....i blame espn's influence....

one thing i do know, after the rockets 95 nba championship, sports illustrated did not originally print a championship issue as they had done for years before, causing all kinds of strife in houston, many cancelled subscriptions causing si to put out a rockets edition albeit late, but at the rockets rally after the championship in the astrodome giff neilsen tried to introduce a rep from si to explain why they didn't print an issue andd the 50,000 in there booed him off the stage, he couldn't be heard for one word even though they were turning up his mike so loud it was feedbacking.....the loudest cheer of the night happened when he was led off the podium without having spoken a word......didn't endear the n/e press to our world at all.....

but i wasn't downing the players or USC, sure would have like to have seen that game in austin, SC couldn't even win it as a home game, lol......

carter08
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Texas barely beat an OU team that was playing without its best player. It's a logical idea for some writers to think they aren't the third best team in college football. I watched that game and I tend to agree a little, UT offense struggled a lot.

jason
10-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Texas barely beat an OU team that was playing without its best player. It's a logical idea for some writers to think they aren't the third best team in college football. I watched that game and I tend to agree a little, UT offense struggled a lot.

i tend to agree with you that they didn't play great...

but in their defense, oklahoma's defense is pretty dang good...

ziggy29
10-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I agree 100%. The thing that makes me sick when these same idiots use the term "Style Points".
"Style points" = "justification for running up the score."

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Re: Texas Offense Struggling...

Yes... you have to give credit to the OU Defense. Pretty impressive.

Re: "...barely beat OU with Bradford out."

Yes, and the Horns top two RBs were out as well.

It all evens out. Close game between two teams that always play tough.

carter08
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Re: Texas Offense Struggling...

Yes... you have to give credit to the OU Defense. Pretty impressive.

Re: "...barely beat OU with Bradford out."

Yes, and the Horns top two RBs were out as well.

It all evens out. Close game between two teams that always play tough.

the thing is, if their offense was held down by OU, imagine what would happen against Florida or Alabama?

especially if Tebow is healthy for Florida or whoever the best offensive player the Tide has is playing his best ball.

the simple fact: if Texas had played the way they did against OU against Florida or Bama, they lose. they probably beat Iowa and Cincy, BUT i could justify having Cincy at three because they've looked good against every team they've played. Boise...ehh, they haven't played anyone.

Whatever.

Texas is the third best team in the country right now, but I can see a reasonable justification if you wanted to say the Top 5 were 1/2-Florida/Bama 3) Cincy 4/5) Iowa/Texas just because Texas hasn't looked as good as they should.

trojandad
10-19-2009, 05:50 PM
and florida or bama DID look good ? (and florida against an unranked team)

i agree with lou holtz (oh lord), there are 3 best teams but no clear cut #1.....its gonna end up being who's hot on those given nights, i like texas and mccoy's ability to adjust in the second half after slow starts to games all season, i think texas defense is strong enough to hold bama or florida's sputtering offenses for the first half until the offense adjusts in the second half.....you watch, in the next few games you're gonna see mccoy run much more than he has in the first games, his running won the sooner game......colts gonna say "to heck with heisman stats, i want the championship"....

XtremeCouture
10-19-2009, 06:11 PM
You almost had me until you implied Iowa has looked impressive this season. Go look back at the results of their games this year before u make that remark

espn1
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
It doesn't matter! Texas won't get jumped in the BCS Rankings. If they win the rest of their games they will play for the National Championship! It's that simple.

Red&White_9x5
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Texas could line up against Bama or Florida (with a 100% healthy Tebow) and shut down their offense. I agree that the Longhorns' offense has not looked good at times this season, but their defense has been good enough to shut down anyone in the country. Texas is a very good football team and it doesn't matter if they are ranked 1,2, or 3 because if they take care of business in their last 6 games they will play in Pasadena for a National Championship

Old Tiger
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Everyone wants to rag on the Texas offense and not even talk about the defense! With Muschamp coaching the defense and the way they are playing I think Texas can play and beat Florida/Bama right now! Florida's offense has struggled without Percy Harvin and Texas is #1 against the rush so I think they could neutralize the ground game of Bama.

The most interesting stat category that Texas leads down in is 3rd Down defense percentage. Teams are only converting 20% of 3rd downs against Texas.

shamu85
10-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
You almost had me until you implied Iowa has looked impressive this season. Go look back at the results of their games this year before u make that remark

Right now, Iowa is playing very welll. I admit I was not a believer after seeing them play Iowa State, but that was early in the season. Against PSU and Wisconsin, they looked very good.

Emerson1
10-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Imagine how good the Texas D could be they didn't have starters out for the season with injury and academic reasons.