PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale vs Caldwell

OldBison75
10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
A Caldwell win puts them undefeated in district and in the driver's seat. Rockdale needs to win this one to have a shot at the top seed in division 2. What do you think?

Superbacker 00'
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I think Rockdale's D comes up big against the run, and if the cant keep them honest with a passing game then they end up in a fist fight with a big man!

ROCKDALE WINS 28-27 :doh:

OldBison75
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
OKAY, I am gonna make some people mad, but this is my take on this game.

Caldwell has a strong running game and a defense that can outquick an offensive line. It seems that the Caldwell team can get really fired up and when they do they can take control. Against Navasota, they were fired up sky high and appeared to decide to use massive pressure to disrupt the Rattler offense. They appeared to rush at least six on every play and were very disciplined about maintaining rush lanes. In that game and that atmosphere, that strategy was a winner.

Rockdale came into Navasota with bragging rights to a very stingy defense. In Navasota they ran into a team that was out to prove that the game against Caldwell was not a true reflection of the ability of the Rattlers. Navasota unleashed the big offensive line and took control early. The Navasota defense was able to contain the Rockdale running game and when the Tiger were put in a position to have to pass to catch up, the Rattlers pinned back thier ears and were in the QB's face all night.

What I saw in these two games tells me that Caldwell will try and overpower the Tiger defense with the misdirection and power running game. Defensively, the Hornets will have to force Rockdale into a passing attack and then keep pressure on the QB to have a chance of stopping Rockdale. Rockdale has had problems scoring consistently all year and it is kind of baffling with the athletes they have on that side of the ball. Defensively, Rockdale plays the run pretty well until there are broken plays and the field gets spread. Rockdale has a couple of really ballhawking LB's that ran and rushed themselves out of alot of plays against the Rattlers.

Caldwell comes into the game with a weeks rest and the advantage of watching the Rockdale vs Navasota Game. This should be an advantage, but they may also relax a little after seeing the game. If Caldwell come in on a mission and plays with the fire they had against Navasota, they win. Rockdale will be fighting for playoff ranking and has the most to lose. It is put up or shut up this week for them. Rockdale's defense has to be wanting to prove that they are not as pourous as they looked against Navasota.

I think that the Hornets may be a little over confident this week and come out a little flat. If that is the case, Rockdale wins by a touchdown.

zebrablue2
10-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Hornets by 2 tds...

cntdwn
10-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Caldwell has a strong running game and a defense that can outquick an offensive line. It seems that the Caldwell team can get really fired up and when they do they can take control. Against Navasota, they were fired up sky high and appeared to decide to use massive pressure to disrupt the Rattler offense. They appeared to rush at least six on every play and were very disciplined about maintaining rush lanes. In that game and that atmosphere, that strategy was a winner.

Rockdale came into Navasota with bragging rights to a very stingy defense. In Navasota they ran into a team that was out to prove that the game against Caldwell was not a true reflection of the ability of the Rattlers. Navasota unleashed the big offensive line and took control early. The Navasota defense was able to contain the Rockdale running game and when the Tiger were put in a position to have to pass to catch up, the Rattlers pinned back thier ears and were in the QB's face all night.

What I saw in these two games tells me that Caldwell will try and overpower the Tiger defense with the misdirection and power running game. Defensively, the Hornets will have to force Rockdale into a passing attack and then keep pressure on the QB to have a chance of stopping Rockdale. Rockdale has had problems scoring consistently all year and it is kind of baffling with the athletes they have on that side of the ball. Defensively, Rockdale plays the run pretty well until there are broken plays and the field gets spread. Rockdale has a couple of really ballhawking LB's that ran and rushed themselves out of alot of plays against the Rattlers.

Caldwell comes into the game with a weeks rest and the advantage of watching the Rockdale vs Navasota Game. This should be an advantage, but they may also relax a little after seeing the game. If Caldwell come in on a mission and plays with the fire they had against Navasota, they win. Rockdale will be fighting for playoff ranking and has the most to lose. It is put up or shut up this week for them. Rockdale's defense has to be wanting to prove that they are not as pourous as they looked against Navasota.

I think that the Hornets may be a little over confident this week and come out a little flat. If that is the case, Rockdale wins by a touchdown.

I agree for the most part. Caldwell has a tendency to put games like this on auto pilot after pulling off an upset over a team that then beats an upcoming opponent. Not good. Not smart. And it's the EXACT reason pollsters are reluctant to take the Hornets seriously each year.

I hate to predict this, but I see Rockdale playing at 120 percent and Caldwell at 70 percent. You know the rest.

Old Tiger
10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I've been telling people since last week I think Rockdale matches up better against Caldwell than they do with Navasota. Good luck to both teams!

cntdwn
10-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I've been telling people since last week I think Rockdale matches up better against Caldwell than they do with Navasota. Good luck to both teams!

but what's your rationale? To say that you match up better with a team that shut out a team fair and square that then manhandled you tells me you still think Caldwell's win over Navasota was a fluke.

If Caldwell loses on Friday, it has itself to blame. It will all boil down to intensity. Caldwell is just a better team. Not to rag on Rockdale because it does have a sound team, but Caldwell's potential this year is better than I ever remember it. I mean ever. JMO

OldBison75
10-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Cntdwn, I agree with you, Caldwell has all the potiential in the world this year. I wonder about thier state of mind some weeks though. They started off the year with a lackluster first half against Bellville and then got it going and almost pulled off the win. They seem to really get fired up one week and dominate and follow that with a average performance. I really worry about the off week and the letdown of this weeks game not being about two unbeatens facing each other.

Caldwell will have to have the same intensity they had against Navasota to beat Rockdale. Don't let the score fool you in the Navasota - Rockdale game, Navasota was pumped up and on a mission after being outplayed in Caldwell the week before. Rockdale has a great defensive line that will give the running game of Caldwell a real challenge. If the Hornets can find a little success in passing, they should be able to keep the Rockdale front seven off balance all night.

Global Swarming
10-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Don't know what the other games in Region 3 are, but I think this should get consideration for the Region 3 game of the week. There is so much on the line for Rockdale although I think that if they lose then they still have to feel pretty good about their chances to get in. Having beaten Cameron they would have to lose at least 3 district games to not get into the playoffs. The Hornets are very comfortable right now and I hope that doesn't distract them. Coming off a bye week hasn't treated us too kindly in the past. But if we lose that won't be the reason or an excuse. I don't make predictions on games. But, I think there's no reason to think that this game won't come down to the wire. Win or lose each team should feel pretty comfortable with their chances of getting in.

cntdwn
10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Don't know what the other games in Region 3 are, but I think this should get consideration for the Region 3 game of the week. There is so much on the line for Rockdale although I think that if they lose then they still have to feel pretty good about their chances to get in. Having beaten Cameron they would have to lose at least 3 district games to not get into the playoffs. The Hornets are very comfortable right now and I hope that doesn't distract them. Coming off a bye week hasn't treated us too kindly in the past. But if we lose that won't be the reason or an excuse. I don't make predictions on games. But, I think there's no reason to think that this game won't come down to the wire. Win or lose each team should feel pretty comfortable with their chances of getting in.

BUt the real question should be "Does Caldwell really want to play a team like West Orange-Stark again so soon?"

If not, then they better win Friday. Caldwell has only missed three or more playoff rounds because of playing mammoths in Week 1 or 2. If they win Friday, this IS the year for history. THAT should be Coach Williams' battle cry this week. We'll see on Friday because I'll be shocked if Rockdale doesn't come out on fire and scores first.

Global Swarming
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm not too worried about West Orange Stark. They are beatable this year with two losses. I know that they are still WOS. But you can't play your game according to who you might have to play in the playoffs. Like some teams might tank a game because they are scared of the opponent that they would have to face in the playoffs if they win the game. You should always want to win every game. Worrying about who you might play in the playoffs doesn't mean anything if you don't make the playoffs. I know that Friday night will be a very physical game. Rockdale will come out with a confident attitude and play to their best ability. I just hope that we do the same. We'll find out this Friday night.

trojandad
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
if wos wins out and takes D2 winner spot from their district, wouldn't they play the D2 runner up spot from D24? if caldwell wins this game and the remainder, they would play D21R/D22W if i read the brackett right.....

Global Swarming
10-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Where can I find the brackets?

ProudHornetMom
10-18-2009, 04:02 PM
The Hornets aren't overconfident and know it will be tough game for Caldwell....and it will be a tough game for Rockdale as well. I can't imagine they're going to kick back and relax knowing we're coming to town. If posters want to think Rockdale will have an easy win against the Hornets...that's fine with us. All can think and wish what they may but I bet both teams and coaching staffs know what's at stake...bet they're clued in to all the what ifs.

venomous tat2
10-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Where can I find the brackets?

www.uil.utexas.edu

snake_attack
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
but what's your rationale? To say that you match up better with a team that shut out a team fair and square that then manhandled you tells me you still think Caldwell's win over Navasota was a fluke.

If Caldwell loses on Friday, it has itself to blame. It will all boil down to intensity. Caldwell is just a better team. Not to rag on Rockdale because it does have a sound team, but Caldwell's potential this year is better than I ever remember it. I mean ever. JMO

Sorry but im gonna be honest. Yes the game against navasota was a fluke and it was not fair and square. I know alot of people are gonna get mad and say the game is over and tell me to stop crying but i dont care. But yall came out with the win so it doesnt matter. I just wanted to give yall my opinion.

Rockdale 24 Caldwell 22

snake_attack
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
And yes yall are way under-rated.

UPanIN
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
If Caldwell stops the run and puts just a little pressure on the Rockdale QB on passing plays Caldwell wins going away.

Global Swarming
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by snake_attack
Sorry but im gonna be honest. Yes the game against navasota was a fluke and it was not fair and square. I know alot of people are gonna get mad and say the game is over and tell me to stop crying but i dont care. But yall came out with the win so it doesnt matter. I just wanted to give yall my opinion.

Rockdale 24 Caldwell 22

I would love to hear how that the game was a fluke and how we didn't beat you fair and square? But if you want some hard facts, we have beaten your team 3 out of the last four times that we played them. If anything y'all beating us last year on a missed 2 point conversion was a fluke. The game is almost 2 weeks removed. We have another tough game ahead this Friday.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by snake_attack

Rockdale 24 Caldwell 22

Navasota beats a team at home that just a lost a top two-way starter and all of a sudden they're claiming Caldwell is overrated again.

Dude, you didn't even score on us, OK?

We slipped and slided around the field just as much as you did and you had the Brazos Valley's top-rated offense?

yea, uh, okay.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 11:33 AM
This argument is getting old. Caldwell beat Navasota in a game that was played in equal conditions and if you want to be called the best, you win in all conditions. Do I think the game would be different this week on a dry field? If that is the question, YES, I believe that with the off week out of the way and the something to prove attitude I saw against Rockdale, Navasota would pull out a win, probably very close, but a win.

That week is over and the results are what we have to live with, so be it. But, it is a shared belief of many that this weeks game between Rockdale and Caldwell will be a very good game that matches a strong running game against a strong run defense. I picked Rockdale because I believe that they are embarassed by what happened in Navasota and will have something to prove. It just so happens that this week they get Caldwell and they seem to play the slot-t well and have proven they can slow that offense down.

Now, if you guys can't accept that we people in Navasota still believe we have the better team in the long run, too bad. Caldwell will make noise in the Division 2 playoffs and Navasota will be in Division 1 so this argument will not be settled this year.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Eight sacks could NOT be wrong.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
cntdwn, eight sacks happened and 8 inches of mud was a factor. Caldwell played the best game that night in those conditions. But just like you think I am wrong, I believe that if the same team that played Rockdale in Navasota was to play Caldwell on a dry field, Navasota would win. NOW, I'll say again, Caldwell won on that night and that is all that matters this year. Talk about Rockdale and Caldwell.

Old Tiger
10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
but what's your rationale? To say that you match up better with a team that shut out a team fair and square that then manhandled you tells me you still think Caldwell's win over Navasota was a fluke I never said the Navasota/Caldwell game was a fluke.

My rationale for that statement is that I think the Rockdale defense matches up better against Caldwell's offense more than it did against Navasota and the spread attack over there. If Rockdale score more than 14 points I think they end up winning the game this Friday.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 12:41 PM
.... and Caldwell would have lost to Shepherd had they not called back nine of their own touchdowns on their home field! Cheaters, I tell you... CHEATERS!

BTW, Shepherd is headed to the playoffs and they lost to Caldwell 69-22.

These flukes are getting out of hand, people!

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Remind me--WHO HAS SHEPHERD BEAT!!! Yeah , they might make the playoffs, but they are not in the greatest position to even be mentioned in this argument.

With your own logic, Caldwell lost to Bellville, Navasota beat Bellville, Navasota should have beat Caldwell. But things aren't always equal from Friday to Friday in the game of football.

SO don't bet on the logic that Caldwell beat Navasota, Navasota beat Rockdale, therefore Caldwell should beat Rockdale. It won't ever be that simple.

"Flukes" happen every week in high school football--who'd a thunk that West would beat LaVega and China Springs--NOT ME!!!

snake_attack
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Navasota beats a team at home that just a lost a top two-way starter and all of a sudden they're claiming Caldwell is overrated again.

We slipped and slided around the field just as much as you did and you had the Brazos Valley's top-rated offense?

yea, uh, okay.

I said that caldwell was under-rated the post after.
And no i didnt score on caldwell because i dont play.
But im over it now. Rockdale by 2 points.

Johnny Utah
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
It is all about matchups, etc...Rockdale was beaten on Fair weekend....always a tough weekend for the Tigers. Caldwell beat Navasota in a great game. Should be a heck of a game between the Hornets and Tigers. Look for the Tigers to rebound to secure seeding spot. Either way, hope it is a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM

yea, uh, okay.

Ok, this is getting a little old. Caldwell won, big deal. Let me feed you cookies now.

Last year, after Caldwell beat eYo, I wondered why Cameron fans were so angered. I see why. Give me Navasota vs Caldwell again. Lets say, on a dry field. And we will see what happens. After all, you guys only won 14-0. Not that impressive for the Brazos Valley's 2nd rated offense, NOW IS IT? And not to mention, that last touchdown came after Navasota fumbled deep in their own territory.

LOL, it was really funny seeing so many Caldwell fans at the game on Friday. That win really boosted you alls confidence, didn't it? And then, have the nerves to sit on Navasota's side. And from what I saw, it got a little heated between some Navasota and Caldwell fans. Not very smart to those Caldwell fans. Try using a little common sense next time. And, if the shoe doesnt fit, Im probably NOT talking to you.

Good Luck to both teams!

UPanIN
10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
:1offtopc: :hijacktd:
I'm a big fan of the Rattlers.

THEY GOT THEIR TAILS HANDED TO THEM IN CALDWELL. Has Caldwell's young men grown flippers and that's the reason they won? "NO" They played better and beat the Rattlers fair and square. And no one knows if the Rattlers can beat them on a dry field or not. One things for sure Caldwell can and did beat the Rattlers on a wet field.

back to this post.
Caldwell beats Rockdale and wins the dist. They win out and I'm sure they will have obtain one of the goals they set this year.

ProudHornetMom
10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
The field will be wet from the rain later this week..here we go again. ;)

Hornet Mom 2
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The field will be wet from the rain later this week..here we go again. ;)

But the game will be the Rockdale field, not Hornet field...at least they will have to swim and play in their own mudbowl - they can complain to high above about the field conditions, not that WE had anything to do with it!:doh:

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
ONLY TIME WILL TELL. IT ALWAYS DOES.

I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE, YOU HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT IF YOU THINK THAT THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS DIDN'T HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE GAME. GOOD OR BAD, IT HAD AN EFFECT.

BACK TO THE GAME, Good Luck Hornets and Tigers!

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
You people are just plain stupid.

How, pray tell, can one team be affected by rain or mud and the other not?

Caldwell kneeled on the final two plays deep in Navasota territory that could have at least made it 17-0.

I've lost a LOT of respect for Navasota now.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Last year, after Caldwell beat eYo, I wondered why Cameron fans were so angered. I see why. Give me Navasota vs Caldwell again. Lets say, on a dry field. And we will see what happens. After all, you guys only won 14-0. Not that impressive for the Brazos Valley's 2nd rated offense, NOW IS IT? And not to mention, that last touchdown came after Navasota fumbled deep in their own territory.

Then the same damn argument could be made by Caldwell about the dadblasted muddy field.We would have scored 100 had the field been dry!

:mad:

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Prove me wrong Hornets!

Rockdale takes this one.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Prove me wrong Hornets!

Rockdale takes this one.

well 21 disagree with you so far. How that's for stats?

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
well 21 disagree with you so far. How that's for stats?

Sir or mam, you don't even want to get started with going back and forth with me. I don't care who disagrees with me. Its call an opinion. I like Rockdale to win this game. Caldwell is good, but, I...notice I said I...not 21 others, think Rockdale will win.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Sir or mam, you don't even want to get started with going back and forth with me. I don't care who disagrees with me. Its call an opinion. I like Rockdale to win this game. Caldwell is good, but, I...notice I said I...not 21 others, think Rockdale will win.

More like you like Rockdale period.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM

No, you have it all wrong. You are pretty new to the board. I have always supported Caldwell. And, I continue to support Caldwell. I just like Rockdale in this matchup.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
No, you have it all wrong. You are pretty new to the board. I have always supported Caldwell. And, I continue to support Caldwell. I just like Rockdale in this matchup.

Well you sure didn't remain impressed by the shutout long, did you?

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Well you sure didn't remain impressed by the shutout long, did you?

Not at all.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Just for the record, Caldwell leads the Navasota series 6-2,but y'all are above average so it's not too bad.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I thought this was Caldwell/Rockdale thread? Getting very old with this

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Most are gonna pick Caldwell to win this game because they beat Navasota then Navasota whipped the Tigers. Rockdale was not ready for this game. The players , coaches, cheer leaders, band, etc. NO ONE was prepared for this beat down. But it's over IMO this loss will make Rockdale better in the long run. Rockdale/ Caldwell always tough game, The Tigers will be ready this week,( I hope) Rockdale can stop the slot they just have to score 2-3 tds and they will pull off the win.Tigers in a close one. 3-way tie for dist champ

Caldwell_Raider
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
wow this thread just makes me LOL all in all the Navasota game is over with!!!! Time for Rockdale, Caldwell better come out and play with the same intensity it played with against Navasota or the Hornets aren't going to like the end outcome...

I'm guessing its going to be a great game, as it usually is between the Tigers and Hornets. I'm guessing the score is going to be pretty close somewhere around 21-14 with Caldwell squeking it out at the end :cool:

Sting um' Hornets and GATA!

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 06:38 PM

What the living H E double LL does it matter who a person likes or thinks will win a game? I know plenty of people who don't like Navasota and want to see them fail. I don't know what all their reasons are for, but that is just how it is. Just like plenty of TAMU/UT fans want to see the others fail for nothing other than being the other school. You can't do anything about it, so move on.

Put yourself in our shoes. You open the season with a 47-0 killing of a 4A team that is now picked to win their district (same district as Kilgore, Nacogdoches, others). You beat two solid teams on the road while having only one home game enroute to a 5-0 record. One of those solid teams beats the team you are going on the road to face with your #5 AP ranking at the same stadium you are about to play in. You have already played one rainy, muddy game and won 27-0. All the cards appear to be stacked in your favor. Then the game starts, and you discover there are sandbags wearing Rattler uniforms where there were once senior offensive linemen. Your quarterback, who led the district in total offense and was considered one of the most dangerous athletes in 3A, was sacked 8 times, five by one first time starter. It doesn't make sense, does it? You are used to seeing a team play with a lot of fire and emotion come out flat and never inflate. You see a coach who always put a trick play or two in to keep the defense honest stay in the missionary position on offense. You hang your head and say that, dang, Caldwell must have been telling killer yo-mamma jokes before the snaps that made our guys cry. You are now wondering what becomes of your teams once promising season. The defense played extremely well, but somebody found an answer to stop our offense. What to do? As if Caldwell weren't bad enough, we are facing one of the top three defenses in the state next week! Game time comes, no more top ten ranking, at least for one team. Kickoff comes, and the domination returns. The great Tiger defense is humbled by the same quarterback that was sacked 8 times and had negative yards rushing only a week ago! The defense is just as great as they were against Caldwell! You beat the number 10 team in the state by 28 points!
Now if you are actually stepping in our shoes for this post and following along with me, look back at the Caldwell game. Was the play of Caldwell a fluke? Hell no, they executed, played hard, and were excited as hell on every single play. They did everything they were supposed to. Was the play of Navasota a fluke????????????????

From our shoes, yes, the play of Navasota was a fluke. That same offensive line that didn't show up in Caldwell was a force against Rockdale, and get this, they were missing their starting center halfway through the 1st quarter to an injury!!!

I don't think that any Rattler fans have discredited Caldwell for their performance. They have severely discredited the performance of the Rattlers, who were like night and day between the last two games.

If you in fact stepped into our shoes for this post, you will understand our point of view and quit attacking our opinions. The reason some people are picking Rockdale is because they have a defense more suited to play a trench heavy battle with Caldwell's offensive style. The Rattler team speed and spread attack was displayed and executed against the Tiger defense.

If Caldwell can beat Rockdale just like they beat Navasota, I will tell every oYe, Rattler Nation, and Tiger Paw on here to shut up for every post discrediting Caldwell from here on out.

There, I am done.

trojandad
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
can anyone tell me why both of these ranked teams played such a close game with madisonville? are they a sleeper?

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
What the living H E double LL does it matter who a person likes or thinks will win a game? I know plenty of people who don't like Navasota and want to see them fail. I don't know what all their reasons are for, but that is just how it is. Just like plenty of TAMU/UT fans want to see the others fail for nothing other than being the other school. You can't do anything about it, so move on.

Put yourself in our shoes. You open the season with a 47-0 killing of a 4A team that is now picked to win their district (same district as Kilgore, Nacogdoches, others). You beat two solid teams on the road while having only one home game enroute to a 5-0 record. One of those solid teams beats the team you are going on the road to face with your #5 AP ranking at the same stadium you are about to play in. You have already played one rainy, muddy game and won 27-0. All the cards appear to be stacked in your favor. Then the game starts, and you discover there are sandbags wearing Rattler uniforms where there were once senior offensive linemen. Your quarterback, who led the district in total offense and was considered one of the most dangerous athletes in 3A, was sacked 8 times, five by one first time starter. It doesn't make sense, does it? You are used to seeing a team play with a lot of fire and emotion come out flat and never inflate. You see a coach who always put a trick play or two in to keep the defense honest stay in the missionary position on offense. You hang your head and say that, dang, Caldwell must have been telling killer yo-mamma jokes before the snaps that made our guys cry. You are now wondering what becomes of your teams once promising season. The defense played extremely well, but somebody found an answer to stop our offense. What to do? As if Caldwell weren't bad enough, we are facing one of the top three defenses in the state next week! Game time comes, no more top ten ranking, at least for one team. Kickoff comes, and the domination returns. The great Tiger defense is humbled by the same quarterback that was sacked 8 times and had negative yards rushing only a week ago! The defense is just as great as they were against Caldwell! You beat the number 10 team in the state by 28 points!
Now if you are actually stepping in our shoes for this post and following along with me, look back at the Caldwell game. Was the play of Caldwell a fluke? Hell no, they executed, played hard, and were excited as hell on every single play. They did everything they were supposed to. Was the play of Navasota a fluke????????????????

From our shoes, yes, the play of Navasota was a fluke. That same offensive line that didn't show up in Caldwell was a force against Rockdale, and get this, they were missing their starting center halfway through the 1st quarter to an injury!!!

I don't think that any Rattler fans have discredited Caldwell for their performance. They have severely discredited the performance of the Rattlers, who were like night and day between the last two games.

If you in fact stepped into our shoes for this post, you will understand our point of view and quit attacking our opinions. The reason some people are picking Rockdale is because they have a defense more suited to play a trench heavy battle with Caldwell's offensive style. The Rattler team speed and spread attack was displayed and executed against the Tiger defense.

If Caldwell can beat Rockdale just like they beat Navasota, I will tell every oYe, Rattler Nation, and Tiger Paw on here to shut up for every post discrediting Caldwell from here on out.

There, I am done.

Hey, i feel your pain. That's why I'm telling you that I will be SHOCKED if Caldwell comes out playing with half the intensity it did vs. Navasota. I do believe, however, that Rockdale's schedule was a tad easier and the Navasota wake=up call will make them stronger.

UPanIN
10-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

There, I am done.

Nice

Superbacker 00'
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
You people are just plain stupid.

How, pray tell, can one team be affected by rain or mud and the other not?

Caldwell kneeled on the final two plays deep in Navasota territory that could have at least made it 17-0.

I've lost a LOT of respect for Navasota now.

Who cares who you repect?.. I can speak for all Rattler faithful in telling we dont. As for stupid, field conditions change game plans all the way up to the NFL thats why teams run more in bad conditions its called game planning. So with that said keep rambling on cause your opin. is what we crave for!!!!!!!!!!

PS love them Rattlers wooo!

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I hope Rockdale put their tarp on the field.:)

Global Swarming
10-22-2009, 08:12 AM
There's not a tarp to be found in the Rockdale Wal-Mart. Rumors that the football coach bought all of them to put on the field. Also heard that the army reserve was placing sand bags around the field yesterday evening lol. They can't blame Caldwell for the wet field this week. See it does rain in other places after all. I hope the muddy field doesn't affect the way we play. If we lose tomorrow night it will be because of the field and not because Rockdale was a better team. That excuse seems to work for other teams.:D

navscanmaster
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
There's not a tarp to be found in the Rockdale Wal-Mart. Rumors that the football coach bought all of them to put on the field. Also heard that the army reserve was placing sand bags around the field yesterday evening lol. They can't blame Caldwell for the wet field this week. See it does rain in other places after all. I hope the muddy field doesn't affect the way we play. If we lose tomorrow night it will be because of the field and not because Rockdale was a better team. That excuse seems to work for other teams.:D

Now you are learning, lol.

j/k :D

stenroh
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Me to...... I hear Rockdale started watering there field down yesterday for the game against the Hornets, at least this time they can't say Caldwell watered the field down, No excuses just play football. The field should look good after tonights Jr High games are finished. Hope they play 4 games on it tonight.
Originally posted by OldBison75

Global Swarming
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Lol, I'm a slow learner, but I'm catching on.

Dogman_1969
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by stenroh
Me to...... I hear Rockdale started watering there field down yesterday for the game against the Hornets, at least this time they can't say Caldwell watered the field down, No excuses just play football. The field should look good after tonights Jr High games are finished. Hope they play 4 games on it tonight.

Not happening. Cancelled all 4 games.....drying field with a hair dryer as we speak.............

Old Tiger
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
I hope Rockdale put their tarp on the field.:) Rockdale has one of the best fields around as far as rainy games go because it drains so well.

ProudHornetMom
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Rockdale has one of the best fields around as far as rainy games go because it drains so well.

Well that takes all the fun out of it. ;)

Global Swarming
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Well there goes our game plan. We don't stand a chance now.:rolleyes:

Global Swarming
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Rockdale has one of the best fields around as far as rainy games go because it drains so well.

Quick, someone go stop up the drainage system lol.

Old Tiger
10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Quick, someone go stop up the drainage system lol. :fnypost: :2thumbsup :spitlol:

buff4ever
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I expect a close game with caldwell coming out on top in this one. Fun game to watch though, is what I would expect

hornet07
10-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Caldwell is looking for revenge from last year and prove why they should be district champions; I think it will be a low scoring game. Caldwell wins because of ball control. Rockdale scores only on one big pass play to Sanders. Caldwell 21- Rockdale 7

Trapper
10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Caldwell by 10.
Good match up between two very good Ctex teams. Caldwell seem to always play the Rock well and always has a back that can go yard on you. Haven't seen either play this year, but thats my take from a Historic standpoint.

Dogman_1969
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hornet07
Caldwell is looking for revenge from last year and prove why they should be district champions; I think it will be a low scoring game. Caldwell wins because of ball control. Rockdale scores only on one big pass play to Sanders. Caldwell 21- Rockdale 7

Heard Tigers were going to run the Yale Single Wing with Golden Toe taking the snaps and running the offense....................

Subject to use the drop kick for 3 points from anywhere on the field...................

Rockdale by 5 drop kicks............

UPanIN
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
:1omg!: this post got back on track.

Caldwell will win this and district.:bigcry:

navscanmaster
10-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Heard Tigers were going to run the Yale Single Wing with Golden Toe taking the snaps and running the offense....................

Subject to use the drop kick for 3 points from anywhere on the field...................

Rockdale by 5 drop kicks............

Hilarious, and yes, I would actually love to see that happen!

HornetMom
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I just heard the Rockdale cancelled the games for tonight...to keep the field decent for tomorrow night.

Coach BS
10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
I just heard the Rockdale cancelled the games for tonight...to keep the field decent for tomorrow night. you are correct.

Coach BS
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by hornet07
Caldwell is looking for revenge from last year and prove why they should be district champions; I think it will be a low scoring game. Caldwell wins because of ball control. Rockdale scores only on one big pass play to Sanders. Caldwell 21- Rockdale 7 Sanders is the QB, oh waite maybe it's a trick play.

martwayne
10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
rockdale all over the little hornets

tigers 35
hornets 14

CenTexSports
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
How many people do you think will be at the game?

ProudHornetMom
10-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Caldwell will bring a crowd but not sure about Rockdale. It will be such a boring game for them, the fans may stay home. ;)

From the Rockdale Reporter this week: "Rockdale has butted heads with the archaic offense so many times, it draws yawns from Tiger coaches and players."

Night, night Tigers.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

navscanmaster
10-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Caldwell will bring a crowd but not sure about Rockdale. It will be such a boring game for them, the fans may stay home. ;)

From the Rockdale Reporter this week: "Rockdale has butted heads with the archaic offense so many times, it draws yawns from Tiger coaches and players."

Night, night Tigers.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Lol.

CHS_Grad '85
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
WOO HOO it's Friday... may not be there in person but I will be thinking about y'all...

GO HORNETS GO!!!

Coach BS
10-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Injury Report: Any in Caldwell? I heard a starter on defense got hurt in practice this week is that true?

Rockdale: plenty!wow. very banged up 4 defensive starters are out probably lost for the year, 1 on offense

HornetMom
10-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
rockdale all over the little hornets

tigers 35
hornets 14

You had the score right, just got the teams reversed.

What a great game for the Hotnets.