PDA

View Full Version : A&m @ Ksu

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 07:16 PM
BTHO KSU!

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Do you know that they are down 0-24 right now with 5:11 left in the 1st half. :(

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you know that they are down 0-24 right now with 5:11 left in the 1st half. :( :doh: :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't look now, but it's 0-38 at the half. :eek: :eek:

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't look now, but it's 0-38 at the half. :eek: :eek: Wth???? :( :doh:

coach
10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
cant wait to hear gary's excuse this week

marler1972
10-17-2009, 07:44 PM
the only thing he can say is that they really suck.

coach
10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
the only thing he can say is that they really suck.

but he wont

XtremeCouture
10-17-2009, 07:51 PM
i'll say it. they really suck

DDBooger
10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
it's 52-0 now... :( come on Aggies

coach
10-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
it's 52-0 now... :( come on Aggies

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 08:14 PM
:eek: Im not one for firing a coach mid season, or in his 2nd season for that matter. but this shouldnt happen to a Texas 5A team. This is unacceptable Coach Sherman. Im sorry but this SHOULD be your last game. And you just scored after I write this. still not ok

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
:eek: Im not one for firing a coach mid season, or in his 2nd season for that matter. but this shouldnt happen to a Texas 5A team. This is unacceptable Coach Sherman. Im sorry but this SHOULD be your last game. And you just scored after I write this. still not ok Sad day to be an Aggie. Never in my life would I have seen this coming.

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
This feels worse than Oklahoma in 2003. At least they were a great team. KSU is a horrible team and they are putting it to us harder

eagleqb_14
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
59-14 thats ridiculous:(

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
59-14 thats ridiculous:( :(

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Has this mess gone final yet?

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
nope. 11 mins left. The Kansas State back up is 5 for 6 with 45 yards.

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 08:57 PM
nope. 11 mins left. The Kansas State back up is 5 for 6 with 45 yards. Are you watching? I couldn't find it. :confused:

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
game trax on ESPN

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I am not even buying into the bad offensive line crap anymore. Jerrod throws 80 mph fastballs on every pass, and they either sail or are too hot to handle. He either needs to calm down or Ryan Tannehill needs a shot. All that ridiculous Heisman talk must have gotten to his head. I am still an Aggie fan to my dying day, but I am embarrassed by the way they are performing. Coach Sherman had better get his crap together, we don't need another three years of Franchione like mediocrity. Gary, we all love you to death on this forum, but if things don't start getting better, Aggie football might never recover.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Are you watching? I couldn't find it. :confused:

I have been watching it on FCS directv 617. You have to have their sports pack to get that channel.

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am not even buying into the bad offensive line crap anymore. Jerrod throws 80 mph fastballs on every pass, and they either sail or are too hot to handle. He either needs to calm down or Ryan Tannehill needs a shot. All that ridiculous Heisman talk must have gotten to his head. I am still an Aggie fan to my dying day, but I am embarrassed by the way they are performing. Coach Sherman had better get his crap together, we don't need another three years of Franchione like mediocrity. Gary, we all love you to death on this forum, but if things don't start getting better, Aggie football might never recover. Sadly, I agree.

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Ok. Possible Coaching replacements?

Kubiak
Tommy Tuberville
But I like the idea of RC coming back...but thats just me

skins4life
10-17-2009, 09:16 PM
62 -14 now

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
62 -14 now :(

Anybody else thinking that we just lost all our good recruits?

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 09:23 PM
62-14 final. couldnt punch it in against the k-state 3rd team at the end. Sherman Era over

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
62-14 final. couldnt punch it in against the k-state 3rd team at the end. Sherman Era over Our band didn't go. That HAS to be the reason why we got spanked. We didn't have the band to get our football players excited!

:rolleyes: :doh:

LOL. I'm just going to try and find something positive to take from this. Not sure what that might be yet.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 09:30 PM
62-14 final. couldnt punch it in against the k-state 3rd team at the end. Sherman Era over

Can't wait. Look at UT, Mack Brown is up there in age just like Sherman, but at least he has some fire to him. He doesn't just stand there looking confused with his arms crossed like a dousche when his team is stinking it up. Don't even get me started about DC. Head coach wouldn't even be an issue if we had a guy like Muschamp bring some fire to the sideline.

The good ole boy system of picking coaches at A&M is responsible for this walking catastrophe wearing maroon.

bwdaggie
10-17-2009, 09:32 PM
i agree with you MTC...its a sad day to be an aggie. :(

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Our band didn't go. That HAS to be the reason why we got spanked. We didn't have the band to get our football players excited!

LOL. I'm just going to try and find something positive to take from this. Not sure what that might be yet.

Positive thing: We now know, without a doubt, Sherman is unfit to coach Texas A&M

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
i agree with you MTC...its a sad day to be an aggie. :( *deep sigh*

Oh man. I want to wake up and act like this never happened.

Bullaholic
10-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Much as I would hate to see him go---aTm needs Gary Patterson of TCU. I think it would take a lot of $$$ and an almost impossible selling job. You Ag fans want fire, guts, and no-nonsense---there he is about 150mi up the road.

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
patterson sounds good. but right now, ANYTHING sounds good.

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
patterson sounds good. but right now, ANYTHING sounds good. LOL. Man. I'm sad. :(

Positive note: Our band is better than KSU's! hahahahahaha

skins4life
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Our band didn't go. That HAS to be the reason why we got spanked. We didn't have the band to get our football players excited!

Do you know why they didn't?

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by skins4life

Do you know why they didn't? Lol. Nope. I don't even know if they went or not.

jdawg2012
10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't even think A&M's defense made the trip. :(

piratebg
10-17-2009, 10:44 PM
They must have stayed in College Station with the band. Lord knows what they are up to right about now.

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 10:46 PM
This is just embarrasing. How in the world are you gonna get blown out of the place like that. Sherman is looking like an idiot and we arent doing anything right.

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
ya. i cant imagine whats going through that teams and coaches heads right now

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, that first "road" game didn't go so well. :doh:

ziggy29
10-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow, A&M is weak. It's going to be tough to come back, since the last few years have given UT a bigger in-state recruiting advantage than ever. I don't know that Sherman is specifically the problem, but he sure as heck is demonstrating that he isn't the answer.

ferilhog11
10-17-2009, 11:41 PM
As a devoted aggie fan and A&M Class of 2011! AAA Whoop! I must say I am embarased to be associated with this team and especially this coaching staff. I never thought we could fall so low. Oh well at least we have women's volleyball and soccer! LOL

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11
As a devoted aggie fan and A&M Class of 2011! AAA Whoop! I must say I am embarased to be associated with this team and especially this coaching staff. I never thought we could fall so low. Oh well at least we have women's volleyball and soccer! LOL 2013 is where its at!

dawg4life
10-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Ok. So Aggies support each other no matter what. Im not UN-supporting Sherman, I instead am going to support his firing :)

jdawg2012
10-17-2009, 11:55 PM
As a devoted aggie fan and A&M Class of 2011! AAA Whoop! I must say I am embarased to be associated with this team and especially this coaching staff. I never thought we could fall so low. Oh well at least we have women's volleyball and soccer! LOL

AND Men's Golf. They won the National Championship last year!!!

gold_33
10-18-2009, 12:25 AM
With A&M buying out Franchione's contract and giving Sherman something like a 7 year deal there is no way they can get rid of him. We are stuck with Sherman for a while because financially A&M cannot fire him.

Emerson1
10-18-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm waiting for bbde's speach about how proud he is of his brothers and that in his mind they are all winners because of how hard they have worked.

bandera7
10-18-2009, 02:07 AM
edited.....lhpm

Also, can we expect Shermans ONE recruiting class (remember he didnt have control over the class of 2012 until the very end) to represent him? The idiocy coming from multiple aggies (I myself am one, Im a sophomore here) is disgusting. Lets quit when it doesnt look so good. Way to use those aggie values.

Rabid Cougar
10-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
edited.....lhpm
Also, can we expect Shermans ONE recruiting class (remember he didnt have control over the class of 2012 until the very end) to represent him? The idiocy coming from multiple aggies (I myself am one, Im a sophomore here) is disgusting. Lets quit when it doesnt look so good. Way to use those aggie values.

Playing KSU is not like playing Florida, USC or Alabama.

How about we are tired of the excuses and want our team to perform. Aggie Values is to never accept defeat. When defeat is as common place as the sun rising in the east .... What do you do? Bend over and say "wait til next year" That was the way it was long years back or even 4 or 5 years ago.. I will not accept going back to those ways and neither should anybody else that considers themselves an Aggie. There has been plenty of coaches in NCAA that come in and make drastic changes in the direction of their new teams. This type of performance is totally unexcusable.

I could care less what BBDE has to say.

squid
10-18-2009, 06:41 AM
edited.....lhpm

^
|
magna cum laude fish camp graduate. :rolleyes:

1st and goal
10-18-2009, 08:31 AM
BBDE had a falling out with the board. Might still be benched. Might not want to come back. He is an articulate young man. I respect his opinions.

Aggies are very young at key positions. I think both lines are mostly young. You have to give a coach time (4 years) for things to gell. Time for the young recruits to get battle tested. The up and down roller coaster effect of having winning seasons and drawing the top recruit talent vs. having down years and maybe not getting as much top talent as you'd like.

Offensive line blocking, downfield blocking, and backfield blocking (RB hitting a blitzer) are a few areas we need to kick in gear.

PhiI C
10-18-2009, 08:45 AM
HEY! WHY ARE THE AGGIES COMPLAINING? THINGS TAKE TIME! AFTER ALL ROME WASN'T BUILD IN A DAY!

:mad:

AND BESIDES LAST YEAR YOU WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN MEN'S GOLF AND IN BOTH MEN AND WOMEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK AND FIELD AND RETAINED THE LONE STAR SHOWDOWN CUP! STOP COMPLAINING AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM! THIS IS WHEN THEY NEED YOU! SHAME!

zebrablue2
10-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
HEY! WHY ARE THE AGGIES COMPLAINING? THINGS TAKE TIME! AFTER ALL ROME WASN'T BUILD IN A DAY!

AND BESIDES LAST YEAR YOU WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN MEN'S GOLF AND IN BOTH MEN AND WOMEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK AND FIELD AND RETAINED THE LONE STAR SHOWDOWN CUP! STOP COMPLAINING AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM! THIS IS WHEN THEY NEED YOU! SHAME!

:clap:

dawg4life
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Am I saying fire the track and golf coach? no. One sports success doesnt transfer over to another.

And patrick, I want to defend sherman too. I defended him after arkansas and last year, but I KNOW you couldve coached a better game. There is supporting when it looks bad and then theres supporting when it is bad.

GreenMachine
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
As much as I didn't like the hiring of Sherman, you still have to give him time. He will have some good recruits coming in and he has to have a few years to get them through his system. I do however wish we had a coach with some fire. At the South Florida game the other night, Gruden was interviewed at halftime and said how he loved college football. That is the kind of coach I like and would like to see at A&M.

raider red 2000
10-18-2009, 04:07 PM
as a TECH fan....give Sherman time.

TECH can use the easy W's in the big 12 south.

as for hiring patterson from TCU...what happened last time the ags got a coach from Ft Worth????

he turned ATM into a soccer/golf/volleyball school :)

pirate4state
10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm waiting for bbde's speach about how proud he is of his brothers and that in his mind they are all winners because of how hard they have worked. What's a speach? Nothing wrong with him defending his teammates. Why don't you & your teammates go make another video. :)

fumanchu
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I would be happy w/ Patterson or Chris Peterson from Boise- Surely he wants to get out of the cold...

coach
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
tuberville...

Old Tiger
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
The Aggies are BACK!

BobcatBenny
10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Fickle Aggies.

Be positive. It can't get any worse. There is only up. :eek:

buff4life
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

volleyball???

WylieBulldog92
10-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't know why people are so upset with Sherman, we're already better than last year and we're younger than we were then.

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Seriously,
As much as some of you really like to hate the Aggies(not all of you).
It IS one loss, nothing more nothing less.
Texas A&M will be fine...
How can one loss make a season? It is not possible, unless you are immaturely impatient or don't root for the team to begin with.:nerd:

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 12:05 AM
no. one loss is arkansas. one loss is a loss to texas tceh or kansas or OSU. A loss to the worst team in the big 12 and in a humiliating fashion is unacceptable. And if that was the ONLY loss this year against a decent schedule, it would be disappointing but ok. But after last year and the realization that we havent improved much , its bad. The ONLY thing that would salvage this season is winning 4 out of the next 6 including UT.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Seriously,
As much as some of you really like to hate the Aggies(not all of you).
It IS one loss, nothing more nothing less.
Texas A&M will be fine...
How can one loss make a season? It is not possible, unless you are immaturely impatient or don't root for the team to begin with.:nerd: Dude. We lost 62-14 to KANSAS STATE!

That should be enough to define a season. :doh:

SintonFan
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
I thought yall didn't believe in drama...
seriously.
It IS a game. If A&M loses by the same next week then you have a case to start to justify crap talk but if the result is different then you just might prove yourself a headcase of drama this week.
Chill:nerd:

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 01:09 AM
If we lose by the same next week, it will be worse. If Texas lost to OU 62-14, longhorn fans would be calling for Mack Browns job. thats a fact. And Mack Brown didnt give up 30+ unanswered points to arkansas.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I thought yall didn't believe in drama...
seriously.
It IS a game. If A&M loses by the same next week then you have a case to start to justify crap talk but if the result is different then you just might prove yourself a headcase of drama this week.
Chill:nerd: I'm not calling for Sherman or jerrods head like some, but 62-14 to k state? Really?

eagles_victory
10-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I don't know why people are so upset with Sherman, we're already better than last year and we're younger than we were then. Just because you have a better record doesn't mean that much when the 3 wins are against such weak competiton 3-3 but 0-3 against teams with a pulse. As the favorite sports sayings go it is what it is and a 62-14 loss to Kansas State is an ugly loss any way you slice it. Should Shermans job be in question not this soon constant turnover is never good for a program, but his team layed a complete egg against a big 12 bottom feeder which does deserve some questioning about his ability to lead this team.

Phil C
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Am I saying fire the track and golf coach? no. One sports success doesnt transfer over to another.

And patrick, I want to defend sherman too. I defended him after arkansas and last year, but I KNOW you couldve coached a better game. There is supporting when it looks bad and then theres supporting when it is bad.

Do you know how many schools would love to have three national championships in one year. Patience is needed. One should be happy with 3 national championships and be patient with the football team.

SHAME! :mad:

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Do you know how many schools would love to have three national championships in one year. Patience is needed. One should be happy with 3 national championships and be patient with the football team.

SHAME! :mad:

I am happy with those sports, i however am not happy with the football team. Im not impatient with the football team...with that loss, im fed up:)

Is it so wrong that we wish to be national champions in every sport we can? and if we are determined that sherman cannot produce a team up to our standards, he should be fired

bandera7
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM
I am convinced he can. No program was ever built in one year. He is going to need three or four recruiting classes before we put the official measure on how well he did here at A&M. My biggest complaint here is finding a young fiery DC. We dont need Sherman to show every emotion in the world. He needs to be a recruiter and a manager of people. Not necessarily the fire and brimstone.

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Patrick, I think we have to cut our losses. The only way I would bring him back is if he went 4-2 and beat UT. I know iv said that, but I think thats whats needed. Wins vs Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State and Texas. That doesnt seem too much to ask I think.

And yes, I really do think A&M can beat Texas this year. Texas will run the table and A&M players would love to be the reason they dont play in the NC. Plus its at Kyle

BreckTxLonghorn
10-19-2009, 12:00 PM
If we lose by the same next week, it will be worse. If Texas lost to OU 62-14, longhorn fans would be calling for Mack Browns job. thats a fact. And Mack Brown didnt give up 30+ unanswered points to arkansas.

Texas did lose to OU by roughly that amount in the Mack Brown era. Twice.

2000 - 63-14
2003 - 65-13

Mack's job was never in question. Now, Greg Davis the OC, mind you, had a little heat coming from him (though I think it's safe to say he also was on the hot seat when the team was winning consistently, and still gets pointed to for lack of creativity in the offense). But Mack always stood firm and said if Davis goes he goes, and he was good for the program overall.

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
So youre saying after those loses, there was NO pressure on mack Brown?

SintonPirateFan
10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
there was pressure. but those were also 10-win seasons for the Horns those years, too. it would be one thing if the ags were winning their fair share of games, but they are quickly turning into the iowa state of the south.

all i can say is, ugly or not, my Horns beat OU... and after saturday night's game, i can't WAIT for thanksgiving night. :D

dawg4life
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

all i can say is, ugly or not, my Horns beat OU... and after saturday night's game, i can't WAIT for thanksgiving night. :D

Aggies win at Kyle and spoil UT's hopes of a NC appearance :D :D

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
On the day after Thanksgiving will this thread be resurrected if Texas wins 14 to 6?:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by coach
but he wont

When have I ever made an excuse? I don't think we suck. I think we didn't execute. I've said it numerous times that I'm proud of my team, win or lose. What has happened can't be undone or changed.

I would like this thread to be closed. I looked on the first page and all I read was that we sucked. I think it's disrespectful to me and my teammates and I would once again like to state that it is inconsistent with the rules of this board itself that threads like this are allowed to remain on the open forum.

I would like to thank everyone for staying classy. I didn't even go through all of the trouble of reading more than three posts in though.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
When have I ever made an excuse? I don't think we suck. I think we didn't execute. I've said it numerous times that I'm proud of my team, win or lose. What has happened can't be undone or changed.

I would like this thread to be closed. I looked on the first page and all I read was that we sucked. I think it's disrespectful to me and my teammates and I would once again like to state that it is inconsistent with the rules of this board itself that threads like this are allowed to remain on the open forum.

I would like to thank everyone for staying classy. I didn't even go through all of the trouble of reading more than three posts in though. DRE! Where art thou? The end is near!