PDA

View Full Version : Robstown @ Mathis

Lake Pirate
10-17-2009, 07:09 PM
This one isn't going to be a cake walk for anyone either. Gotta Love this District.

piratebg
10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna say its gonna come down to who can manage to hold on to their 4th quarter lead. :D

In all seriousness, I think Mathis wins at home in what will probably be another close game.

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Robstown is fast. If yall can keep the ball away from their offense and score on your possessions, I like your chances.

We rushed for 100 yards, I think, but we aren't a running team :D so I think yall will have more success. LOL

Good Luck! This is our district's GOTW.

sinton66
10-17-2009, 07:39 PM
This is just a feeling, so don't jump down my throat. I think Robstown takes this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Robstown is fast. If yall can keep the ball away from their offense and score on your possessions, I like your chances.

We rushed for 100 yards, I think, but we aren't a running team :D so I think yall will have more success. LOL

Good Luck! This is our district's GOTW. Robstown defense looked strong up the middle against the run as our running backs didnt have no success on the ground, most of the 100 yds rushing from the QB(78yds). Their defense didnt allow YAC. Mathis has more speed than Sinton in RB position so that could be a difference. My pick is Robstown

CueroGobblers
10-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Mathis will prevail but of the running game, alot of misdirections should keep Robstown defense guessing. :clap: :clap:

Frontline Force
10-18-2009, 07:07 AM
The winner of this game will be the team that shows up ready to play...too close to call..but gonna say mathis by +3

ol country boy
10-18-2009, 10:29 AM
I like the pickers in this one.

sinton66
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't mean this as a negative comment, but if Mathis gets a lead and gets overconfident like they did against Sinton, Robstown is definitely capable of doing the same thing to them. Mathis needs to strap those helmets on tight and be ready to play 'lights out" for all 4 quarters and save the "celebration" for the final whistle.

SintonFan
10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I think Mathis will win by the difference of the total amount of posters between the two towns.
30-27 Mathis sounds good

99IHSMustang
10-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't mean this as a negative comment, but if Mathis gets a lead and gets overconfident like they did against Sinton, Robstown is definitely capable of doing the same thing to them. Mathis needs to strap those helmets on tight and be ready to play 'lights out" for all 4 quarters and save the "celebration" for the final whistle.

Well said, Since Robstown is pretty balanced they can go to the run if the pass is not working and vice versa. I think it is goiing to be another close one, but not sure who is going to win.

CueroGobblers
10-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Hey Sinton66 your right, Mathis has to play mistake free and execute on every play. Try to cause some turnovers on defense and stop that big play.Save the celebration til the end. Mathis offense has to run that ball and I wish that they can add some play-action to there offense. If I was the coach I would come out with play-action because Robstown knows already that Mathis loves to run the ball. Hit them with a pass play and that will loosen up the defense a little bit then Mathis can get back to there running game. Mathis by 10!

sinton66
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, as for your prediction of Mathis by 10, I have to seriously doubt that. Considering the events of the last two weeks, if Robstown can hang 44 on Sinton, I don't see Mathis coming out with a +10 victory. They certainly could win, but it's not likely to be by that much.

CueroGobblers
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, as for your prediction of Mathis by 10, I have to seriously doubt that. Considering the events of the last two weeks, if Robstown can hang 44 on Sinton, I don't see Mathis coming out with a +10 victory. They certainly could win, but it's not likely to be by that much.

Yeah ur right! Mathis Vs.Ingleside went to OT, then Sinton comes back against Mathis and wins. Following week Sinton wins in OT by one point!! Is that crazy or what? So does that mean we're up for a comeback win? Its possible!!!:thinking:

sinton66
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Honestly, I'm picking Robstown by a few. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to be wrong, though.

FutureAD
10-20-2009, 01:43 AM
mathis's offense is pretty easy to predict if you run the right defense...stack your safety on the nasty slot side and you have it all figured out

CueroGobblers
10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
mathis's offense is pretty easy to predict if you run the right defense...stack your safety on the nasty slot side and you have it all figured out

FutureAD, that would work for a few plays. Im a offensive guy who if your going to stack the line with 8 men in the box, I would hurt you with play-action. I would throw your d some reverses some screen passes to loosen up that D maybe the spread offense, run some some delay routes with my running back. PIECE OF CAKE!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
FutureAD, that would work for a few plays. Im a offensive guy who if your going to stack the line with 8 men in the box, I would hurt you with play-action. I would throw your d some reverses some screen passes to loosen up that D maybe the spread offense, run some some delay routes with my running back. PIECE OF CAKE!!!!! its not Madden Football :)

I'm not sure if Mathis coach wants to throw the ball even if the line is stacked. Mathis RBs i think have enough speed for those misdirections to work if they can contain the line of scrimmage as Robstonw front line is decent.

CueroGobblers
10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its not Madden Football :)

I'm not sure if Mathis coach wants to throw the ball even if the line is stacked. Mathis RBs i think have enough speed for those misdirections to work if they can contain the line of scrimmage as Robstonw front line is decent.

Hey Sintonfan in austin do you play Madden? If you do let me know. send me a PM

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 08:05 AM
its friday good luck to both teams

Mojado
10-23-2009, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]Robstown is fast.

Not pickin fights or stirrin the pot... But...

How fast? Region 4, 3, 2, 1 fast? Just wondering for playoff sake.

And good luck tonite...

pirate4state
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]Robstown is fast.

Not pickin fights or stirrin the pot... But...

How fast? Region 4, 3, 2, 1 fast? Just wondering for playoff sake.

And good luck tonite...

HA! Region 4 fast. ;)

I've seen games from all regions the past few years and the fastest regions are 2 & 3.

Every once in awhile Region 1 & 4 will produce teams that have "fast" teams, but overall, I think they are pretty even. I might even give the edge to 4. The 3-4 Region I games I've seen, I can remember thinking "damn, they're slow" haha :D

Mojado
10-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
HA! Region 4 fast. ;)

I've seen games from all regions the past few years and the fastest regions are 2 & 3.

Every once in awhile Region 1 & 4 will produce teams that have "fast" teams, but overall, I think they are pretty even. I might even give the edge to 4. The 3-4 Region I games I've seen, I can remember thinking "damn, they're slow" haha :D

:thumbsup:

Ingleside Fan
10-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Cotton Pickers by a TD.:D

Johnny Utah
10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I dont care what anyone says....if a nasty slot team is big, fast and powerfull, no matter what you think the play is that they might run, you better hang on to your seat cause you are going to go for a ride. Too much mis-direction, running right at you, outmanned, etc..tough to stop. Just ask LH's opponents the last couple of years. Watched them against Devine a few years ago in San Antonio. Devine was fast and huge. LH mowed them down like weeds.

CueroGobblers
10-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Good luck to Mathis tonight! Donnie Butler will have a big game tonight!!! Mathis by 10!!! Goooooo Pirates!!!!!

CueroGobblers
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Mathis 21 Robstown 3 2nd qtr GOOO Pirates!!!!!

SintonPirateFan
10-23-2009, 08:39 PM
WOW sounds like Robstown is the one having a let-down game.

99IHSMustang
10-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I expected a much closer game, but thats the way it goes sometimes. Good job Mathis.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2009, 08:45 PM
is it the 4th qtr yet :D

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
it sounds like mathis is playing like they want it....but it's still early

Move The Chains
10-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Hate to say I told ALL y'all coastal bend dudes. :eek: :clap: :cool:

SintonPirateFan
10-23-2009, 08:58 PM
game's not over yet......Mathis started this way against Sinton, too.

sinton66
10-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
game's not over yet......Mathis started this way against Sinton, too.

EXACT same score at the half.;)

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
28-3 3rd quarter looks like mathis is rollin'

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2009, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frontline Force that score looks familar at the same point of the game:thinking:

99IHSMustang
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Mathis may have learned their lesson and looks like they many end up winning this one big!

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
robstown scores and gets the 2 pt conversion score was 28-11 but on the next couple of plays mathis marches downfield for a huge 50+ yard run and score is now 35-11

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 09:48 PM
both teams scored again score is now 42-19

CueroGobblers
10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Donnis Butler is the real deal!!!! 3 tds so far and he is the powerhouse for Mathis!!! Whoever said that Robstown will win was wrong. Sorry to throw ya out there in a island like that but why say something like that,why? LOL, JK hey good defense by Mathis and way to shut them down!!

Frontline Force
10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
42-33 correction on the final