PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow

eagles_victory
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM
After seeing the Georgia LSU game a few weeks ago and the celebration penalties called in those game I wonder how does Tebow not get a penalty called on him with some of the stuff he does after plays. Now I think all celebration penalties are called too much but if your going to call some of the ones that are called how in the world does Tebow not get one called on him. I realize I am being sac-religous by mentioning Tebow in a negative way but hopefully I won't be punished by the all mighty Tebow himself.

DukeNukem
10-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Tebow is over-rated. Now the Florida defense is definitely not!

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
Tebow is over-rated.

I agree, I hope Florida and Texas go undefeated and make it to Pasadena, then I wanna see Tebow get lit up by Muschamp's defense, Tebow will be more disoriented than after the concussion in the kentucky game

ivchris
10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm glad Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow and Bradford stuggled today, that makes the case for Case Keenum to be considered for the Heisman even stronger. He had a meager 325yrds passing today and 2 touchdowns as the Cougars kicked some mean green wave butt.

tiger eye
10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Go Case !

ol country boy
10-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Tebow is not overrated. He is a ball player. I would take him anyday to be the QB of my team.

D4C
10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Tebow is not overrated. He is a ball player. I would take him anyday to be the QB of my team.

sad thing is that he is over-rated. dont get me wrong he is a good player, but too hyped by the media. i would take McCoy, got speed and a decent arm and can make plays also Case that dude is a beast, i dont care if he plays in a system, he still goes out every game and does it big

ziggy29
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Being a very good player and being overrated are not mutually exclusive. IMO, he is both.

spaniard
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by D4C
sad thing is that he is over-rated. dont get me wrong he is a good player, but too hyped by the media. i would take McCoy, got speed and a decent arm and can make plays also Case that dude is a beast, i dont care if he plays in a system, he still goes out every game and does it big

i have to also disagree that tebow isn't overrated, he provides leadership for his team that a lot of teams sorely lack. as far as being a beast, tebow is like a linebacker playing qb. that being said, he may not be the most amazingly skilled qb in the nation, but urban meyer knows what he's doing with tebow running his ship. mccoy is a good qb also, but when it comes down to short yardage situations, i think that i'd rather have tebow running the qb sneak

FbCoachB40
10-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Tebow is not over-rated if the arguement is "who is the best player in college football, TODAY?" However, when they try to say that he may be the best ever...HAH!

Give me Tommie Frazier, Hershell Walker, Bo Jackson, Jamelle Holieway, Barry Sanders, John Elway, OR a little guy named EARL CAMPBELL, how about Archie Griffen, Peyton Manning...

pancho villa
10-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Tebow acts an ass on the field but "He is a competor" other kids do it and they get flaged for unsportsmanship like conduct.

D4C
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
i have to also disagree that tebow isn't overrated, he provides leadership for his team that a lot of teams sorely lack. as far as being a beast, tebow is like a linebacker playing qb. that being said, he may not be the most amazingly skilled qb in the nation, but urban meyer knows what he's doing with tebow running his ship. mccoy is a good qb also, but when it comes down to short yardage situations, i think that i'd rather have tebow running the qb sneak

im not takin about the leadership part. about how the media hypes him to be one of the greatest qb's ever. yeah the dude is a beast but he is forced to out do himself every year and sometimes he comes up a little short. that being said they should have lost to Ark, the refs kept them in the game

big daddy russ
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Tebow is not over-rated if the arguement is "who is the best player in college football, TODAY?" However, when they try to say that he may be the best ever...HAH!
I think that if you look at his body of work, Tebow may be the best player of the last ten years. It's very close. As great as Vick, Vince, Leinart, Dorsey, Reggie Bush, Peterson, Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, etc, etc.... were, Tebow is just as good as any of them.

In the world of QB's, Vince is judged by his big moments and fourth-quarter comebacks. Tebow has those. Leinart and Dorsey were combos of moments and numbers. Tebow has that. Of course it's all subjective and you can never say definitively who is, but Tebow's close.

On that note, I agree about Frazier and the others. I don't know if any college QB will ever match him.

spaniard
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by D4C
im not takin about the leadership part. about how the media hypes him to be one of the greatest qb's ever. yeah the dude is a beast but he is forced to out do himself every year and sometimes he comes up a little short. that being said they should have lost to Ark, the refs kept them in the game

i guess that's fair enough. i still have a lot of respect for the kid though. i didn't see the arkansas game, but from what all i've heard there were some crappy calls.

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I just have a problem how Tebow is portrayed and how anyone else is in college football is trying to live up to "his example"
for example the same time that Tim Tebow was on his missions trip, Colt McCoy was on one as well, Tebows story came out first, and when McCoys story came out people start saying stuff like Colt just went on a missions trip becasue Tim Tebow did, horse crap, its ridiculous

Keith7
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I just have a problem how Tebow is portrayed and how anyone else is in college football is trying to live up to "his example"
for example the same time that Tim Tebow was on his missions trip, Colt McCoy was on one as well, Tebows story came out first, and when McCoys story came out people start saying stuff like Colt just went on a missions trip becasue Tim Tebow did, horse crap, its ridiculous

waa waa why can't colt get the love tebow does? i'm going to throw a hissy fit... waa waa :( :(

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
waa waa why can't colt get the love tebow does? i'm going to throw a hissy fit... waa waa :( :(

keith come on man you gotta give me something to work with, all of your responses to my posts are more pathetic than the eagirls performance against the raiders