PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Graham (7-0)(2-0) @ Brownwood (5-2)(1-1)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Inmateboss
10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Lets get it Started !!!

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Go STEERS!!!!!

Inmateboss
10-16-2009, 11:35 PM
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOO STEERS!!!!! :cheerl: :2thumbsup :cheerl:

trusteer/trublu
10-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOO STEERS!!!!! :cheerl: :2thumbsup :cheerl: im all over it....Graaham by 3 td's.....a lil homecoming gift for our host:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Rocket
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
im all over it....Graaham by 3 td's.....a lil homecoming gift for our host:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

LOL funny stuff. We found a QB and Graham can't stop the pass. It's over.

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL funny stuff. We found a QB and Graham can't stop the pass. It's over.

If it's in the bag, ya'll want to play in Graham???? :D :D

garciap77
10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Brownwood in a close game!

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
LOL funny stuff. We found a QB and Graham can't stop the pass. It's over. lolz.

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 01:39 AM
There is a certain QB (who shall remain nameless) that is no doubt a good player...but is vastly overrated due to the success of a sibling. He shall be exposed when he meets a team that wears purple as one of their colors.;)

Even so, I'll have to go with Graham in a much closer game than expected. However, Brownwood is by no means a bad team and should have a chance to get the win if they get into the backfield with the aforementioned QB..

SHSBulldog00
10-17-2009, 01:49 AM
McCoy and Graham will be too much for the Lions.

Graham by 28

Rustler
10-17-2009, 08:09 AM
LOL funny stuff. We found a QB and Graham can't stop the pass. It's over. Rocket gets a win against our small school (2A:( ) Breck and suddenly he is back on the "Brownwood Wins State in 2009" :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
There is a certain QB (who shall remain nameless) that is no doubt a good player...but is vastly overrated due to the success of a sibling. He shall be exposed when he meets a team that wears purple as one of their colors.;)

Even so, I'll have to go with Graham in a much closer game than expected. However, Brownwood is by no means a bad team and should have a chance to get the win if they get into the backfield with the aforementioned QB..

Would someone PLEASE tell me who keeps overrating (said QB)? I know it's not Graham We just rate by points on the board. If we are to be rated based on our siblings success, then I should be a WR. The last time I ran the 40 they timed me with a calendar!!! Is it not true, that with a brother in the position he is in, it's only natural that everyone is going to compare you to your older brother. That said it's still not fair to (said QB) and he should be rated by his work on and off the field and in (said QB's) case maybe it's not high enough.

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 10:24 AM
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

Stang Red, I am very dissapointed with you. I have opened at least 2 or 3 threads this morning that dont have this "Snyder Sucks" thing going on... You have some work to do and some catching up to do.... get with it man

Grahamcheerdad
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Graham by 21 Brownwood is overrated

Rustler
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Would someone PLEASE tell me who keeps overrating (said QB)? I know it's not Graham We just rate by points on the board. If we are to be rated based on our siblings success, then I should be a WR. The last time I ran the 40 they timed me with a calendar!!! Is it not true, that with a brother in the position he is in, it's only natural that everyone is going to compare you to your older brother. That said it's still not fair to (said QB) and he should be rated by his work on and off the field and in (said QB's) case maybe it's not high enough. :thinking: Are You Sure :thinking:

grmfan93
10-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Grahamcheerdad

I can't wait till Rocket sees this one.:1popcorn:

I think Graham wins in a hard fought CLOSE game.
BWood wants some revenge and its at their house. It will be ough for the steers but i think we can pull it off.

Graham 38
BWood 35

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Stang Red, I am very dissapointed with you. I have opened at least 2 or 3 threads this morning that dont have this "Snyder Sucks" thing going on... You have some work to do and some catching up to do.... get with it man

I'm sorry man, I promise I'll try to do better. And by the way

shnydr still SUCKS!!!!

Wouldnt you agree? :D

Rocket
10-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
McCoy and Graham will be too much for the Lions.

Graham by 28

Shipley and Brownwood will be too much for Graham.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm sorry man, I promise I'll try to do better. And by the way

shnydr still SUCKS!!!!

Wouldnt you agree? :D

Oh I agree, and if you need some help, just let me know

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Rustler
:thinking: Are You Sure :thinking:

Yep!! And thats all I have to say about that!!!:taunt: :taunt:

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh I agree, and if you need some help, just let me know

Help me out brother. You know its a worthy cause. :D

Oh, and by the way

:devil: :hijacktd: :taunt:

shnydr SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!

And the week has only just begun.:D

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Shipley and Brownwood will be too much for Graham.

Care for a little side bet???Scarecrow. How about an RC Cola and a Moon pie for the winner????

95mustang
10-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Grahamcheerdad

I hope everyone in Graham feels that way.

Rustler
10-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Shipley and Brownwood will be too much for Graham. :taunt: Rocket Brownwood wins a game against little Breck (2A) and still thinks Brownwood is going to win state in 2009:taunt: Wish in one hand and ________in the other and see which one fills up first?

Rocket
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
:taunt: Rocket Brownwood wins a game against little Breck (2A) and still thinks Brownwood is going to win state in 2009:taunt: Wish in one hand and ________in the other and see which one fills up first?

It wouldn't matter if we lost to Breck (2A). I would still feel confident that Brownwood could beat Graham. You don't know me very well.

Brownwood has 3 Sr's that see the field. We are young and still getting better and we have found a QB that is mobile and can pass the ball (we didn't have this until the 4th Qtr against Wylie).

I NEVER count out a Brownwood team to do great things.

If Sweetwater gave Graham trouble, oh dear.

Rocket
10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Care for a little side bet???Scarecrow. How about an RC Cola and a Moon pie for the winner????

I won't be at the game.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Brownwood has 3 Sr's that see the field. We are young and still getting better

Dang Rocket, this is the same story you gave last year, didn't most of those junior and sophmores pass.:thinking: :thinking:

95mustang
10-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang Rocket, this is the same story you gave last year, didn't most of those junior and sophmores pass.:thinking: :thinking:

We are a Junior heavy team with a few sophmores and 2 or 3 seniors. Last year we were Sophmore heavy with a freshman thrown in the mix.

Rustler
10-17-2009, 04:19 PM
It wouldn't matter if we lost to Breck (2A). I would still feel confident that Brownwood could beat Graham. You don't know me very well.

Brownwood has 3 Sr's that see the field. We are young and still getting better and we have found a QB that is mobile and can pass the ball (we didn't have this until the 4th Qtr against Wylie).

I NEVER count out a Brownwood team to do great things.

If Sweetwater gave Graham trouble, oh dear. :hand: only know what I read....Wylie handled your state bound kittens....Graham will....Snyder will......So on and so on...District Win over Little Breck (2A) may be the Kittens only district win this year:hand:

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
We are a Junior heavy team with a few sophmores and 2 or 3 seniors. Last year we were Sophmore heavy with a freshman thrown in the mix. Hey, it's Rocket's lie and he'll tell it anyway he wants. Go back and check his own words from last year. :D :D

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I won't be at the game.

Well I hate that, it's going to be a great game. Hope nothing bad has happened. See ya next year.
Go Graham Steers

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Well I hate that, it's going to be a great game. Hope nothing bad has happened. See ya next year.
Go Graham Steers Rocket thinks the only important game worth driving to is when Brownwood plays Wylie, the rest of the district is beneath him.:eek: :eek:

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Rocket thinks the only important game worth driving to is when Brownwood plays Wylie, the rest of the district is beneath him.:eek: :eek:

OH !!! Sorry my Bad!!! He just doesn't want to have to buy me that Moon Pie and RC Cola!!!

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 05:03 PM
:District Win over Little Breck (2A) may be the Kittens only district win this year:hand:

Well if it is, that is one more than your Buck-ups will be getting... Quit whining about being 2A. I have always liked Breckenridge but damn boy, you are making it hard

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 05:05 PM
OH !!! Sorry my Bad!!! He just doesn't want to have to buy me that Moon Pie and RC Cola!!!

In the words of Charlie Daniels band, I'll take that bet, your gonna regret cause were the best there has ever been

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
In the words of Charlie Daniels band, I'll take that bet, your gonna regret cause were the best there has ever been

In the words of another "Very Famous" Person " It's on like Donkey Kong!!!

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Do they even sell moon pies any more, the last ones I saw on a shelf were coved in dust from the 60's

95mustang
10-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Do they even sell moon pies any more, the last ones I saw on a shelf were coved in dust from the 60's

They might in Graham.

Inmateboss
10-17-2009, 05:31 PM

Yep, those are the good ones!!! Thats where the RC Cola comes in!!!

Rocket
10-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Rocket thinks the only important game worth driving to is when Brownwood plays Wylie, the rest of the district is beneath him.:eek: :eek:

I'll probably be at the Sweetwater and Snyder games. If we win the next 2, Snyder won't matter. Lol

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll probably be at the Sweetwater and Snyder games. If we win the next 2, Snyder won't matter. Lol Hummm, you've won one, lost one, win the next two and you would be 2-2. Snyder wins the next 2 and would be 2-2 going to Bwood, how would that game not matter.:thinking: :thinking:

bwdlionfan
10-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Hummm, you've won one, lost one, win the next two and you would be 2-2. Snyder wins the next 2 and would be 2-2 going to Bwood, how would that game not matter.:thinking: :thinking:

I'm not arguing that it wouldn't matter... but check your math there fella.... 1-1 then win 2 and go 2-2???

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM
If it's good enough for FSSW and DQ to be the GotW, I guess it is good enough for Region I. :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm torn on this one. Should be a very good game, no blow out either way 3-7 pt victory for whoever comes out on top...I'll make a pick later this week

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 06:47 PM
so should we all meet at DQ before the game... and let FSN now about it.. get some press time for the downlow...

by the way, our DQ is getting remodled and looks really bad right now

Bullaholic
10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Brownwood is a little too banged up to upset Graham in this one. Graham by 10.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Hummm, you've won one, lost one, win the next two and you would be 2-2. Snyder wins the next 2 and would be 2-2 going to Bwood, how would that game not matter.:thinking: :thinking:

hey hop your my buddy but I gotta go with Stang Red today and say Snyder never matters... not for any other reason except, with the help of Stang Red, I have been laughing all day!

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think Brownwood is a little too banged up to upset Graham in this one. Graham by 10.

We only have 2 injuries.... of course they are both to QB's but still, only 2 kids down now.

I will confess that I am hearing our leading tackler has had his contract revolked for displine.... gotta love Shipley for standing tough with rules no matter how much of a beast you are!

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
oh wait.. snider sucks....sorry stang, almost forgot

Bullaholic
10-17-2009, 07:06 PM
We only have 2 injuries.... of course they are both to QB's but still, only 2 kids down now.

I will confess that I am hearing our leading tackler has had his contract revolked for displine.... gotta love Shipley for standing tough with rules no matter how much of a beast you are!

Yea, L48, I was referring to the QB injury situation. I will say this---if Brownwood can pull this one out, I think it is a season maker, but not necessarily a season-breaker, i.e., I think the Lions have everything to gain, and the Steers have the pressure on to stay perfect against one of the best teams they have met so far.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Yea, L48, I was referring to the QB injury situation. I will say this---if Brownwood can pull this one out, I think it is a season maker, but not necessarily a season-breaker, i.e., I think the Lions have everything to gain, and the Steers have the pressure on to stay perfect against one of the best teams they have met so far.

I agree and this will be the only time I say this all week, I worry about our pass defense against Graham. We have good athletes back there but sometimes we struggle there. If we can cover the recievers deep and screen, we will whip Graham, if not................ could be a long night for us.

So far Shipley has been very good at putting kids in the right places to give us a chance to win

ivchris
10-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm going to go with Brownwood on this one. Last year, McCoy's deer in the headlights expression that he had during Wylie's blitz the whole game told me all I need to know......that and Brownwood's heart should be enough.

Bullaholic
10-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I agree and this will be the only time I say this all week, I worry about our pass defense against Graham. We have good athletes back there but sometimes we struggle there. If we can cover the recievers deep and screen, we will whip Graham, if not................ could be a long night for us.

So far Shipley has been very good at putting kids in the right places to give us a chance to win

McCoy and his receivers work very well together, and I will tell you that McCoy likes to roll wide taking the pursuit with him, make a read, and cut it up sharply to the inside of the pursuit. He did this several times for some good gainers against the Bulls---he is deceptively fast--possibly faster than big brother.

grmfan93
10-17-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm taking Graham in a close game.

BwdLion73
10-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Rocket gets a win against our small school (2A:( ) Breck and suddenly he is back on the "Brownwood Wins State in 2009" :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Come on Rustler......Breckenridge played a good game and stayed with their game plan. Get off the "Itty bitty"train and relax.

95mustang
10-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I'm going to go with Brownwood on this one. Last year, McCoy's deer in the headlights expression that he had during Wylie's blitz the whole game told me all I need to know......that and Brownwood's heart should be enough.

I knew I liked you for some reason.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
They might in Graham.

LOL!! I guess I was the only one that found humor in that???

Nothing against Graham, I have never been there..but it was still funny!!

OR....I have a toothache, and maybe my pain meds finally kicked in, but my tooth still hurts!!:(

95mustang
10-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I guess I was the only one that found humor in that???

Nothing against Graham, I have never been there..but it was still funny!!

OR....I have a toothache, and maybe my pain meds finally kicked in, but my tooth still hurts!!:(

I'm glad someone caught the humor in it. I was thinking I might not be that funny....no I am hilarious. Some people just don't understand humor. :D

SNYTigers
10-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm going with Graham. I havn't been real impressed with brownwood from what i've seen. And considering the injuries to the QB position it will be even tougher.

P.S. Tigers win out and Make the Playoffs!!:D

95mustang
10-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SNYTigers
I'm going with Graham. I havn't been real impressed with brownwood from what i've seen. And considering the injuries to the QB position it will be even tougher.

When have you seen the Lions play?

Trashman
10-17-2009, 09:51 PM
No smoke and mirrors, Brownwood beats Graham. Oh and shnydr sucks.

Rocket
10-17-2009, 10:04 PM

If we win the next 2, we will be 3-1. Snyder will be 2-2 coming into Brownwood. I guess it will matter to eliminate the coin toss situation. If we can beat Graham, Snyder will be very beatable. I think we can go 4-1 in district.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
If we win the next 2, we will be 3-1. Snyder will be 2-2 coming into Brownwood. I guess it will matter to eliminate the coin toss situation. If we can beat Graham, Snyder will be very beatable. I think we can go 4-1 in district. My math wasn't real good earlier, married to an ex-English teacher. :D :D But if Bwood is 3-1 going into the game and Snyder 2-2 and the Tigers by some mighty miracle were to beat the Lions, wouldn't both teams then be 3-2 and the Tigers advance on head to head.:thinking: :thinking:

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 10:11 PM
If we win the next 2, Snyder won't matter. Lol If you win the next 2, you will be 3-1. If Snyder wins the next 2, they will be 2-2 going to Brownwood.

You say it wouldn't matter, but if Snyder wins.... then you are both 3-2 and Snyder has the head to head over Brownwood. :thinking:

Looks like Brownwood could be the odd man out even if they win these next 2. Maybe I'm wrong, but that looks possible, right?

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
My math wasn't real good earlier, married to an ex-English teacher. :D :D But if Bwood is 3-1 going into the game and Snyder 2-2 and the Tigers by some mighty miracle were to beat the Lions, wouldn't both teams then be 3-2 and the Tigers advance on head to head.:thinking: :thinking: Dang. Beat me to it. :mad: ;)

Rocket
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
My math wasn't real good earlier, married to an ex-English teacher. :D :D But if Bwood is 3-1 going into the game and Snyder 2-2 and the Tigers by some mighty miracle were to beat the Lions, wouldn't both teams then be 3-2 and the Tigers advance on head to head.:thinking: :thinking:

No they don't advance on the head-to-head, it would most likely be a coin toss. Graham will end up 3-2 as well unless they beat Wylie, which will not happen.

If we lose to Graham, then the Snyder game will be for the third spot.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
No they don't advance on the head-to-head, it would most likely be a coin toss. Graham will end up 3-2 as well unless they beat Wylie, which will not happen.

If we lose to Graham, then the Snyder game will be for the third spot. I will have to check, but I think in a two way tie head to head would be the first tie-breaker. And on any given day you never know who might be who.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I will have to check, but I think in a two way tie head to head would be the first tie-breaker. And on any given day you never know who might be who.

I know in our district, if it comes down to a two way tie, the head to head would be the tie breaker.

I guess that can vary from district to district???

sinton66
10-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Yes, it's up to the district committee in each district. Head to head is the usual first tie breaker.

LE Dad
10-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know in our district, if it comes down to a two way tie, the head to head would be the tie breaker.

I guess that can vary from district to district??? It does, but every district I have seen uses head to head or in 3 way tie points. I did not know coin toss was used anywhere :confused:

Rocket
10-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I will have to check, but I think in a two way tie head to head would be the first tie-breaker. And on any given day you never know who might be who.

Read my post again.

If we beat Graham and Snyder beats us, then we will most likely have a 3 way tie for 2 spots. Coin Toss should be in effect then.

In 2006, we flipped for a playoff spot after a 3-way tie. Not sure what the tie breaker is for District 2-3A for 3-way ties.

sinton66
10-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Three ways are a different deal. What I've seen is 3 way coin toss (odd man out) or a "positive point" system.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Read my post again.

If we beat Graham and Snyder beats us, then we will most likely have a 3 way tie for 2 spots. Coin Toss should be in effect then.

In 2006, we flipped for a playoff spot after a 3-way tie. Not sure what the tie breaker is for District 2-3A for 3-way ties. But a Bwood loss to Graham changes that whole scenerio.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Rocket
10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
But a Bwood loss to Graham changes that whole scenerio.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

READ MY POSTS...goodness...

I said if we lose to Graham, then the playoffs start the final week of district play.

grahampaw
10-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Last year a possible 3 way tie would have been decided by positive points, im sure its the same this year.

LE Dad
10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Last year a possible 3 way tie would have been decided by positive points, im sure its the same this year. Sure it is coaches decide all of that stuff when they meet after realignment. I know everyone in this area is points (18 max). :thinking:

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Not so much wishing for Brownwood to lose...but I REALLY hope that Graham is undefeated when the Dawgs roll into their stadium in a couple weeks.:D

Sorry Lions fans...oh, and you guys might want to think about syncronizing your north and south endzone speakers. The dramatic GNR welcome to the jungle entrance would be more impressive without the massive echoing.:doh:

grahampaw
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
READ MY POSTS...goodness...

I said if we lose to Graham, then the playoffs start the final week of district play. Now its if we lose to Graham.3 weeks ago it was we will destroy Graham.Whats it gonna be Friday, we surrender?

Rocket
10-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SNYTigers

We have somebody that can get Shipley the ball now. We didn't have that for most of the game against Wylie.

We will cause trouble for Graham. Promise you that. I am sure we will be aggressive on the pass rush as well.

Rocket
10-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Not so much wishing for Brownwood to lose...but I REALLY hope that Graham is undefeated when the Dawgs roll into their stadium in a couple weeks.:D

Sorry Lions fans...oh, and you guys might want to think about syncronizing your north and south endzone speakers. The dramatic GNR welcome to the jungle entrance would be more impressive without the massive echoing.:doh:

Y'all will kill Graham.

Rocket
10-17-2009, 11:36 PM
McCoy and his receivers work very well together, and I will tell you that McCoy likes to roll wide taking the pursuit with him, make a read, and cut it up sharply to the inside of the pursuit. He did this several times for some good gainers against the Bulls---he is deceptively fast--possibly faster than big brother.

No offense, but if the Bulls can take them to the limit, I think Brownwood can. I know they had a lot of players "off" that night, but still think we will do some damage.

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/427xfl1.jpg

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Can this be merged with the GOW thread, i have said some very important things on this thread and I hate to see them go away!

95mustang
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice Picture.

Rocket
10-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Now its if we lose to Graham.3 weeks ago it was we will destroy Graham.Whats it gonna be Friday, we surrender?

Just playing scenarios for kicks...

But yeah, Graham sucks. We will easily win.

grahampaw
10-18-2009, 01:32 PM
No offense, but if the Bulls can take them to the limit, I think Brownwood can. I know they had a lot of players "off" that night, but still think we will do some damage. The Bulls are better then you may think.In fact you may get to see them on the field in the playoffs.That is if you guys make it that far.

Rocket
10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
The Bulls are better then you may think.In fact you may get to see them on the field in the playoffs.That is if you guys make it that far.

Of course they are good! They almost beat Graham! LOL

:rolleyes:

grahampaw
10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
seven district games in two years of 3A and yall have 2 wins over Breck.:clap: .And we suck?

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 01:59 PM
seven district games in two years of 3A and yall have 2 wins over Breck.:clap: .And we suck?

yep, you are correct!

Rustler
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/427xfl1.jpg :clap: Great Photo Shop:clap: Too Bad Brownwood couldnt Photo shop a "come true" for Rocket on his 2009 state championship prediction:(

Lion_Addict
10-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I will confess that I am hearing our leading tackler has had his contract revolked for displine....

And is now a Bangs Dragon ....... :doh:

Rustler
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Of course they are good! They almost beat Graham! LOL

:rolleyes: Just like Brownwood almost beat Wylie:rolleyes:

Rustler
10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Come on Rustler......Breckenridge played a good game and stayed with their game plan. Get off the "Itty bitty"train and relax. :hand: Did I say the Bucks didnt play a good game?:hand: BwdLion its all about how loud rocket meows :hand:

Rustler
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
If we win the next 2, we will be 3-1. Snyder will be 2-2 coming into Brownwood. I guess it will matter to eliminate the coin toss situation. If we can beat Graham, Snyder will be very beatable. I think we can go 4-1 in district. :D You may be on something....Keep WISHING:D

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
And is now a Bangs Dragon ....... :doh:

Good to see you posting again straner. When I first read your post with your boys pic below it, I thought you moved him to Bangs... kinda spooked me!

If our transfer out gets to play at Bangs this year, he will be a big difference maker for them. Whatever he does, I hope he gets his head straight!

LE Dad
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
READ MY POSTS... Same rambling pile of crap as always. Reliving the past and dreaming about the future. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
:D You may be on something....Keep WISHING:D

Ok guys, looks like we have another "Closet Lion Fan", could this be LE Dad's long lost brother from a different mother?

R1Editor
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Can this be merged with the GOW thread, i have said some very important things on this thread and I hate to see them go away!

I thought it would be as soon as I started that thread. :confused:

Rocket
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
:clap: Great Photo Shop:clap: Too Bad Brownwood couldnt Photo shop a "come true" for Rocket on his 2009 state championship prediction:(

nm

grahampaw
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
To be honest I do think Graham pulls this out but would not be surprised by a Lions win.One thing I would like to see out of Graham is the intensity they showed in the early part of the year that I think has been missing for the last few weeks.( at least for all four quaters)I do think with the very unfortunate injurys in Monahans that the winner of this game could be considered as the frontrunner in Reg1 Div2.

RedWhiteBlue
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I have something to add about this "moon pie" thing. Being originally from West Texas. I know for a dang fact you can find them anywhere from Snyder to Graham- so who gives a rat's arse about who and who doesn't have them? And they all also have RC cola, too.
By the way, I'm back and ready for some HS football and it sounds like you people are just mumbling and grumbling about the same 'ole crap..... Oh well, good thing some things never change!!!:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
And I do hope you guys know that this is the DQ game of the week. They have chosen to come through Graham and our Airport DQ. They will be attending our Pep Rally and then on to Brownwood!!! WHOOP WHOOP Good times in High School football!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

95mustang
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
To be honest I do think Graham pulls this out but would not be surprised by a Lions win.One thing I would like to see out of Graham is the intensity they showed in the early part of the year that I think has been missing for the last few weeks.( at least for all four quaters)I do think with the very unfortunate injurys in Monahans that the winner of this game could be considered as the frontrunner in Reg1 Div2.

Good post. I think the Lions will be ready to play. There is alot of hype around this game and the media will be all over this one. I see the Lions pulling this one out. I can also see a rematch of this game later on down the road in the playoffs.

RedWhiteBlue
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM

If Sweetwater gave Graham trouble, oh dear.

Wow, the score was 45-14... and that is trouble???
You have been in 3-A two years and beat Breckenridge twice. I guess the Bucks should be really intimidated by you and your big Kitty Kats over there. But, guess what- the Steers aren't. So load your guns with whatever 'BIG AMMO' you have been holding out and didn't use up on the Bucks and we will bring our game. We love a challenge.:cool:
Also, ask the mommies to have the DQ boys save them an ice cream cone for after the game- those always make little boys feel better after they have a bad day/night. :(

Rocket
10-18-2009, 07:39 PM

As much crap as I talk (and yes, it is usually crap) I think this should be a great game and I am ticked I won't be able to be there to see it.

What happened to Monahans?

95mustang
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
As much crap as I talk (and yes, it is usually crap) I think this should be a great game and I am ticked I won't be able to be there to see it.

What happened to Monahans?

Lost their QB for the year with a fractured vertebrae. Starting running back also was knocked out with possible knee injury.

grmfan93
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

:iagree:

That is very well said grahampaw. Like i said in another Graham/Bwood thread, Bwood will be ready to play a hard football game. It's going to be tough for the steers to pull this one off, especiall being at Brownwood, but i think we can do it. I'm going to take Graham in a extremely close game, possible even an overtime.

Graham 38
Bwood 35

Looking4number8
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
No overtime games, my old heart cant handle one!

grmfan93
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
haha i know...it would make for an extremely late game.

WTF-82
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Just wanted to throw out a not so fast !!
The Monahans backup is no ordinary back up the kid is a big time player would start anywhere in the state has a great arm and great accuaracy his father and uncle both played Div 1 Football QB. He does have a great arm is very smart more accuarate arm than the starter does not have the speed of Quincy but still in the 4.7,4.8 range.
Only difference here is he is also a great player in the Lobo secondary this could limit his time on defense. He is a Junior.
We can not replace a Titus he will be missed but Loboes are still prime for playoff run the Defense is incredible and the Lobo offense will have probably more balance since the better passer is now the QB. Loboes still win Div 2 region 1 title.

grahampaw
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Just wanted to throw out a not so fast !!
The Monahans backup is no ordinary back up the kid is a big time player would start anywhere in the state has a great arm and great accuaracy his father and uncle both played Div 1 Football QB. He does have a great arm is very smart more accuarate arm than the starter does not have the speed of Quincy but still in the 4.7,4.8 range.
Only difference here is he is also a great player in the Lobo secondary this could limit his time on defense. He is a Junior.
We can not replace a Titus he will be missed but Loboes are still prime for playoff run the Defense is incredible and the Lobo offense will have probably more balance since the better passer is now the QB. Loboes still win Div 2 region 1 title. I dont mean any disrespect the health of the kids is so much more important then the game and I wish him the best. And your right about Monahans thats why this game is even more important because the winner will not see the Loboes till the region finals.

RedWhiteBlue
10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not usually a 'predictions' type person... but I am saying that the STEERS will be ready come game time. And thanks Rocket- you helped make this happen. Your posts and big talk has been a big boost for our young men and they have taken your trash talk and used it as a huge motivation. You should really look into Motivational Speaking in an 'ironic' sort of way!!:D Thanks again for making all your 'crap' (as you even put it)....:clap: :clap:
Come on Friday!!!

Rocket
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'm not usually a 'predictions' type person... but I am saying that the STEERS will be ready come game time. And thanks Rocket- you helped make this happen. Your posts and big talk has been a big boost for our young men and they have taken your trash talk and used it as a huge motivation. You should really look into Motivational Speaking in an 'ironic' sort of way!!:D Thanks again for making all your 'crap' (as you even put it)....:clap: :clap:
Come on Friday!!!

No problem at all. LOL If your kids need smack talk off of a messageboard to get motivated, then this will be easier than I thought. I'll send McCoy a bill since he can't do the job himself.

trusteer/trublu
10-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Shipley and Brownwood will be too much for Graham. you need to find a new one....using shipley and playing in the Wood is not working,,,, Graham will kick burn em down in the Wood and eat all the Homecoming cake!!!!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

trusteer/trublu
10-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Rocket thinks the only important game worth driving to is when Brownwood plays Wylie, the rest of the district is beneath him.:eek: :eek: If Wylie doesnt let BW win one, im afraid Rocket may try to move to Wylie.....Graham by 3 tds

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 06:56 AM
RWB, are you pregnant? You dissapeared for a while and now you come back all grippy and stuff... your kind of scaring me! But I will be ok, I'm cool as a cucumber and ...................

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/94m9w91.jpg

trusteer/trublu
10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
I'm going to go with Brownwood on this one. Last year, McCoy's deer in the headlights expression that he had during Wylie's blitz the whole game told me all I need to know......that and Brownwood's heart should be enough. you doin some heavy wishing...graham by 3 tds

garciap77
10-19-2009, 06:58 AM

LOL Good one L48!:clap: :clap: :clap:

trusteer/trublu
10-19-2009, 07:00 AM
If we win the next 2, we will be 3-1. Snyder will be 2-2 coming into Brownwood. I guess it will matter to eliminate the coin toss situation. If we can beat Graham, Snyder will be very beatable. I think we can go 4-1 in district. Dude, the key is u need to beat Graham,,,,ur dazed and confused...Graham by 3 tds

trusteer/trublu
10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Now its if we lose to Graham.3 weeks ago it was we will destroy Graham.Whats it gonna be Friday, we surrender? amen, amen.....

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 07:22 AM
I do like Grahams new Uniforms though... you guys must have copied Wylies uniforms!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/331uh31.jpg

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Since we have two threads, I guess I will post this on both of them.

I do like Grahams new uniforms, I guess they copied Wylie's uniforms!

RedWhiteBlue
10-19-2009, 08:36 AM
As
RWB, are you pregnant? You dissapeared for a while and now you come back all grippy and stuff... your kind of scaring me! But I will be ok, I'm cool as a cucumber and ...................

No, no, Darlin'.... as a matter of fact- I was sunnin' my sweet arse in Padre last week- while you boys are stuck workin' or doing whatever it is you guys do... I'm just back ready for some football- you know a week away will make a true fan a little grouchy. :mad: As for your typical cranky butt mood- I do have some ideas why you stay angry all the time, but I do think from time to time that this is considered a family channel :eek: :eek: !!!!

Rustler
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Ok guys, looks like we have another "Closet Lion Fan", could this be LE Dad's long lost brother from a different mother? :( No just another "VICTIM" :( ;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Your helmet looks nothing like ours, Wookin'. And as for the rest- our young men have never worn skirts. Your boys have made that their own tradition.... :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
No problem at all. LOL If your kids need smack talk off of a messageboard to get motivated, then this will be easier than I thought. I'll send McCoy a bill since he can't do the job himself.

Any team that says they don't use what the fans and coaches and others write about their teams are blowing smoke- you know and I both know it. Check out locker room bulletin boards, Rodney!!!:rolleyes:

Rocket
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Any team that says they don't use what the fans and coaches and others write about their teams are lying.... YOU know and I know it.:rolleyes:

Really? :nerd:

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
As

No, no, Darlin'.... as a matter of fact- I was sunnin' my sweet arse in Padre last week- while you boys are stuck workin' or doing whatever it is you guys do... I'm just back ready for some football- you know a week away will make a true fan a little grouchy. :mad: As for your typical cranky butt mood- I do have some ideas why you stay angry all the time, but I do think from time to time that this is considered a family channel :eek: :eek: !!!!

We've talked about this and you know I am sensitive, You have to learn to be nice to me! Besides, you must have told Garcia you were going away on a vacation and not going to have internet for a while. He was really saying some awful things about you last week. Now that you are back he is all "nicey nicey" to you.... I really think you should post some bad things about him now!

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
As

No, no, Darlin'.... as a matter of fact- I was sunnin' my sweet arse in Padre last week-

RWB, thanks for the video of your Padre vacation, hope you dont mind that I share it with everybody... You can to some amazing things!

RWB ocean sking adventure at Padre (http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/2VHDbKhqezwsWD73)

WTF-82
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I dont mean any disrespect the health of the kids is so much more important then the game and I wish him the best. And your right about Monahans thats why this game is even more important because the winner will not see the Loboes till the region finals.

I understand it will be fun I feel really bad for Titus he such a gret kid he is so involved with the community and the young around. But he is strong kid we all hope and pray for the best for him.

Lobo kids are fighters and will move on it will be fun to see how they respond to all of this.

BwdLion73
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
:eek:

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
If Brownwood loses to Graham, will they have to win out to make the playoffs, if Snyder beats Sweetwater and Breckenridge?

Rocket
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
If Brownwood loses to Graham, will they have to win out to make the playoffs, if Snyder beats Sweetwater and Breckenridge?

Yes... Snyder will most likely be 2-2 and so will Brownwood, if Graham beats Brownwood. Playoffs will start a week early.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, if that is the scenerio after this week, then Brownwood is guaranteed to make the playoffs since it has been made clear on this week's posts---SNYDER SUCKS!

I'm not very smart, but if something is repeated to me that often, I have to believe it is true--at least I can remember it and repeat it.

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
If Brownwood loses to Graham, will they have to win out to make the playoffs, if Snyder beats Sweetwater and Breckenridge? :eek: :eek: WOS87s playoff projections come true :confused: :confused:

DaHop72
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Well, if that is the scenerio after this week, then Brownwood is guaranteed to make the playoffs since it has been made clear on this week's posts---SNYDER SUCKS!

I'm not very smart, but if something is repeated to me that often, I have to believe it is true--at least I can remember it and repeat it. OldBison75
Starter

Member #: 7729

35-0 Wylie AT THE HALF

Wylie second and third teamers (scrubs for those familiar with last weeks arguments) will score two more in the second half and Snyder will finally get some points late.

49-13 final Wylie rolls.

Kind of like in this post OldBison75.

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM

I'm not very smart, but if something is repeated to me that often, I have to believe it is true--at least I can remember it and repeat it. Oh my OB !! Don't believe the hype.:doh: I heard Snyder, Schnider, Schnder or however the heck you spell it; is the best 3-4 team in 3A :eek: :eek:

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
OldBison75
Starter

Member #: 7729

35-0 Wylie AT THE HALF

Wylie second and third teamers (scrubs for those familiar with last weeks arguments) will score two more in the second half and Snyder will finally get some points late.

49-13 final Wylie rolls.

Kind of like in this post OldBison75. :eek: :eek: Hmmm, it was a little closer than that particular prediction :thinking:

DaHop72
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Oh my OB !! Don't believe the hype.:doh: I heard Snyder, Schnider, Schnder or however the heck you spell it; is the best 3-4 team in 3A :eek: :eek: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Is that like being from Eye-loop, Ele-lou or something along those lines?:thinking: :thinking:

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 02:58 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Is that like being from Eye-loop, Ele-lou or something along those lines?:thinking: :thinking: :clap: :clap: Yes, it is close......... They always get it right on the trophies though:D

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Brownwood is going to get rocked by Graham. The Wylie game showed me what Brownwood is this year--an average team. We beat the bad teams, but we cannot compete against a good team. Both the Stephenville and Wylie games corroborate this. Now we are starting a QB who has never played a game at QB before, all 5 foot 9 of him. It doesn't bode well for us. Oh, we might squeak into the playoffs, but that will not last long.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay....I think they are merged now!!

I was baffled on how to do it, since both had polls.

I have the results to poll on the original thread.

Graham - 32
Brownwood - 24
Graham Blowout - 13
Brownwood blowout - 1

Ranger Mom
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Bwoodrealist
Brownwood is going to get rocked by Graham. The Wylie game showed me what Brownwood is this year--an average team. We beat the bad teams, but we cannot compete against a good team. Both the Stephenville and Wylie games corroborate this. Now we are starting a QB who has never played a game at QB before, all 5 foot 9 of him. It doesn't bode well for us. Oh, we might squeak into the playoffs, but that will not last long.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does Rocket or BEAST know you post here?????

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Who is Rocket and Beast? Oh yeah, they are the homers who pick Brownwood no matter what.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Who is Rocket and Beast? Oh yeah, they are the homers who pick Brownwood no matter what.

Something started "ringing a bell"...I had to do some research, but I remember you now!!:)

BwdLions
10-19-2009, 03:31 PM

This reminds me of the ou and aggy fans that live in Austin and invade the UT messageboards. :rolleyes:

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I am a Brownwood fan. Just not with blinders on. The team is vastly improved from last year so there is always hope. With the injuries we have, however, it will be tough for us to beat good teams.

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Brownwood is going to get rocked by Graham. The Wylie game showed me what Brownwood is this year--an average team. We beat the bad teams, but we cannot compete against a good team. Both the Stephenville and Wylie games corroborate this. Now we are starting a QB who has never played a game at QB before, all 5 foot 9 of him. It doesn't bode well for us. Oh, we might squeak into the playoffs, but that will not last long. WOW!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

95mustang
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Obviously not a true Lion fan. :rolleyes:

BEAST
10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Dont worry about realist, hes a person that is happy only when there is negative things happening. I have an honest question, I know Graham has played Bport, Snyder, and Sweetwater, who did they play the other 4 games. Im not going to say "Graham played air" I really dont remember.

BEAST

95mustang
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Dont worry about realist, hes a person that is happy only when there is negative things happening. I have an honest question, I know Graham has played Bport, Snyder, and Sweetwater, who did they play the other 4 games. Im not going to say "Graham played air" I really dont remember.

BEAST

Clyde, Burkburnett, Iowa Park, and Glenrose.

BEAST
10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Clyde, Burkburnett, Iowa Park, and Glenrose.

Thanks.

BEAST

Rocket
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Funny how you showed up the same time last year and said the same thing. Make sure you are still around after Brownwood rolls through Graham.

95mustang
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Funny how you showed up the same time last year and said the same thing. Make sure you are still around after Brownwood rolls through Graham.

I'm willing to bet he/she won't be around after this Friday.

hollywood
10-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Yeah, or come to the M&G. We'd enjoy some insider knowledge in person.:rolleyes:

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh, I will always be around. I just don't post that much. I have too many other things to do. I get the biggest kick out of Rocket. If anybody expresses anything but blind optimism for the Lions he jumps all over them. Rocket's style of smack talk and braggadacio is his style, whether its in fun or not, is not my style. If I believe we will win, I state it. If I don't, then I state it. If that makes me less a "fan" in your eyes so be it. I pull for my team and want them always to win. Heck, if Brownwood was going to play the Dallas Cowboys in a preseason game, Rocket would pick the Lions. I hope Brownwood wins, but I predict that they will not. As Forrest Gump so aptly said, that is all I am going to say about that.

BEAST
10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh, I will always be around. I just don't post that much. I have too many other things to do. I get the biggest kick out of Rocket. If anybody expresses anything but blind optimism for the Lions he jumps all over them. Rocket's style of smack talk and braggadacio is his style, whether its in fun or not, is not my style. If I believe we will win, I state it. If I don't, then I state it. If that makes me less a "fan" in your eyes so be it. I pull for my team and want them always to win. Heck, if Brownwood was going to play the Dallas Cowboys in a preseason game, Rocket would pick the Lions. I hope Brownwood wins, but I predict that they will not. As Forrest Gump so aptly said, that is all I am going to say about that.

Mr. Gump also said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." So lets just se what happens Friday night. Then, if we are right, you come back on here and admit you were wrong. We will be here either way, and when we are wrong, we are the first ones to congratulate the other team and eat the crow we have coming. Deal?

BEAST

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I agree to let's see what happens. If I am right, I don't win anything, except being right. If Brownwood wins, I am happy. I sure don't want to gloat over a Brownwood loss. I am just not like you guys. We were 3-7 last year and you guys picked Brownwood to win every week and brow beat anybody who disagreed with them.

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
If Brownwood wins, I am happy........................................ We were 3-7 last year and you guys picked Brownwood to win every week

Hey Bwoodrealass, I think you sit in from of me at the games... never a good word to say.

funny you write if Brownwood wins you are happy... what a load of crap. You must be the guy at the water cooler that everybody makes fun of... sorry for your miserable life!

And just to let you know, Brownwood could be 0-10 and playing Southlake Carrol in their prime and I WILL PICK BROWNWOOD TO WIN EVERY TIME!

grahampaw
10-19-2009, 05:20 PM
When did this thread turn into Brownwood vs Brownwood? Ok well if I have to deside between these two my pick is...............................GRAHAM!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Grahampaw, you guys been recruiting, like Sweetwater Red said, there sure is a bunch of you Graham folks on here all of a sudden!

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I am a Brownwood fan. Just not with blinders on. The team is vastly improved from last year so there is always hope. With the injuries we have, however, it will be tough for us to beat good teams. :foul: Insurgency!! Insurgency!! :devil: :devil:

:cool: :1popcorn:

grahampaw
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
I put flyers on cars at the last game.............We Can Defeat Rocket If We Do It In Numbers............first time anyones listened to me.

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I put flyers on cars at the last game.............We Can Defeat Rocket If We Do It In Numbers............first time anyones listened to me.

lol

Rocket
10-19-2009, 05:32 PM

Was there a team last year that Brownwood could not have beat? LOL You act like we got blew out every game. As long as we are in 3A, I will say that Brownwood can play with any team and win any game until proven otherwise, because that is the truth.

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 06:35 PM
That is what I am talking about. Looking 4number8. If I don't agree with you, you attack me personally. That is fine. Who are you? Nobody in my opinion. My point is if I don't agree with you suddenly I am not a fan. Brownwood Lion football is rich in history and tradition. That history and tradition was built upon a legendary coach that believed in speaking softly and carrying a big stick. No trash talking, just play the game. You and Rocket are the opposite. Speak loudly and carry a little stick. I do not agree with that philosophy.

Spread It Out
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
As long as we are in 3A, I will say that Brownwood can play with any team and win any game until proven otherwise, because that is the truth.

Wylie definitely proved you otherwise. It didn't matter if you had Shipley's entire family out there and your injured QB, y'all still would've gotten beat.

BwdLion73
10-19-2009, 07:07 PM
You know....If you check my post you will see that I am somewhere in the middle of Bwd.realist and Rocket, Lfor#8 ect.

I don't always agree with what my fellow Brownwood fans post or predict but it's a 3A web site and we are having fun and making friends who have a likewise passion for High school football and home towns.

I don't disagree with some of your points about our team, however your name "Bwoodrealist"makes me wonder?:thinking:

Bwoodrealist
10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I have watching the Brownwood Lions since your days with the Lions, Bwdlion73. That was the era I was raised in. I remember those days of tradition, honor and class that the Brownwood Lions and its fans showed. I long for those days and I admit that the current teams just seem to pale in comparision. I do believe that the corner has been turned with Coach Shipley who, if he stays around long enough, has the ability to bring back the storied tradition of winning with class.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 07:28 PM
As an outsider in this argument, I just want to say that the outlandish predictions and bravado of posters like Rocket are really entertaining. Rocket has stated on this board a hundred times that he is a died in the wool Lion fan and what he posts is what he believes and it is all meant in fun when he is critical of another team. I will say that he and others are some of the most loyal posters on this board and that they enjoy some of the most loyal of other teams trading barbs with them. Believe me, in this part of the board, most have nothing but respect for Rocket and his cronies. PLUS-he really looks humble in that Wylie T-shirt he earned from a good natured bet.

RedWhiteBlue
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey Grahampaw, you guys been recruiting, like Sweetwater Red said, there sure is a bunch of you Graham folks on here all of a sudden!

Recruiting?? Last time I checked this thread was open to anyone, right? For a while- I was the pretty much the only one from Graham on here. Now, that some others decide to start 'posting up'- you guys get all pissy. Sounds a little cliquish to me. Kind-of reminds me of some girls I used to know in high school.... geez....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BwdLion73
10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I have watching the Brownwood Lions since your days with the Lions, Bwdlion73. That was the era I was raised in. I remember those days of tradition, honor and class that the Brownwood Lions and its fans showed. I long for those days and I admit that the current teams just seem to pale in comparision. I do believe that the corner has been turned with Coach Shipley who, if he stays around long enough, has the ability to bring back the storied tradition of winning with class.

Welcome,
I remember those times and feel blessed to have been there and see it first hand...but times change and we go on. It's a web site. Hell look at RWB's post in the middle of this disscussion. Get serious and truthful after the game....until then....Brownwood by 21.
;)

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Recruiting?? Last time I checked this thread was open to anyone, right? For a while- I was the pretty much the only one from Graham on here. Now, that some others decide to start 'posting up'- you guys get all pissy. Sounds a little cliquish to me. Kind-of reminds me of some girls I used to know in high school.... geez....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dang woman, did you leave your sense of humor in Padre?

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
That is what I am talking about. Looking 4number8. If I don't agree with you, you attack me personally. That is fine. Who are you? Nobody in my opinion. My point is if I don't agree with you suddenly I am not a fan. Brownwood Lion football is rich in history and tradition. That history and tradition was built upon a legendary coach that believed in speaking softly and carrying a big stick. No trash talking, just play the game. You and Rocket are the opposite. Speak loudly and carry a little stick. I do not agree with that philosophy.

Sorry if it was a personal attack but I hope you are not looking for respect. It is obvious from both this years post and last years that you have some kind of major beef with present day Brownwood athletics. My guess would be you think your son or daughter was treated unfairly but it is just an uneducated guess. My beef with you is you are not a true fan, you never post any thing positive about our kids or program. Feel free to respond but I wont see it. i am putting you on my ignore list so I can enjoy this web site and not waste my time or any of the other true fans reading my response for your goofball theorys

Technoredneck
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Graham by 14

Just from the results of Wylie/B'wood, Graham/Snyder, and Wylie/Snyder I expect the Graham Offense to be too strong for B'wood to outscore. B'wood did not fare any better against Wylie's 1st Defense than Snyder did and Graham put more points on us than Wylie. I just can't see any reasonable way to pick it any differently.

And my pick for the last district game is Snyder by 4 :cool:

See ya

Tech

Trashman
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Neutered bulls suck....Lions Win!:D

Looking4number8
10-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Neutered bulls suck....Lions Win!:D

My buddy Trashman is taking lessons from Stang Red... I love it!

Rocket
10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Graham by 14

Just from the results of Wylie/B'wood, Graham/Snyder, and Wylie/Snyder I expect the Graham Offense to be too strong for B'wood to outscore. B'wood did not fare any better against Wylie's 1st Defense than Snyder did and Graham put more points on us than Wylie. I just can't see any reasonable way to pick it any differently.

See ya

Tech

Yeah we all know how the "this team won by this much and that team beat this team so this team should do this" crap works. It is all about execution, matchups, adjustments, coaching, and improvements, not about game results and comparisons.

Daddy D 11
10-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I like this realist guys comments. Don't know him personally, but he seems like a real straight shooter.

Anyone seen The Hangover? That's where the "straight shooter" line came from lol

Oh, and Brownwood wins this one. Hands down.

DaHop72
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Was there a team last year that Brownwood could not have beat? LOL Obviously there was seven of them last year. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Obviously there was seven of them last year. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Obviously there was seven of them last year. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

lol

Not unbeatable. Not by a long shot.

Rocket
10-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh, and Brownwood wins this one. Hands down.

Finally, a voice of reason.

garciap77
10-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Rocket gets a win against our small school (2A:( ) Breck and suddenly he is back on the "Brownwood Wins State in 2009" :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Breck is 2A?:thinking:

Our School?:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
10-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Breck is 2A?:thinking:

Our School?:thinking:

GRAHAM BY 50. Wow, Rocket gets cocky again after Brownwood beats a 2A team.

garciap77
10-20-2009, 06:48 AM

Hope it's not #25!:eek:

garciap77
10-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
GRAHAM BY 50. Wow, Rocket gets cocky again after Brownwood beats a 2A team.

Missed you at the M&G, but met your better half!

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:00 AM

You are getting good at it!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I have something to add about this "moon pie" thing. Being originally from West Texas. I know for a dang fact you can find them anywhere from Snyder to Graham- so who gives a rat's arse about who and who doesn't have them? And they all also have RC cola, too.
By the way, I'm back and ready for some HS football and it sounds like you people are just mumbling and grumbling about the same 'ole crap..... Oh well, good thing some things never change!!!:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/hiding.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Welcome back!:D

Looking4number8
10-20-2009, 07:08 AM
You are getting good at it!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I need to take a few lessons from you. jabjab is running out of picture for me............. and no it is not number 25

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:11 AM

:eek:

:1popcorn:

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:12 AM
I need to take a few lessons from you. jabjab is running out of picture for me............. and no it is not number 25

Good thing, because he's a beast! He did get a little tired at the end of the game, but he was every where!

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I do like Grahams new Uniforms though... you guys must have copied Wylies uniforms!

It's on now!!!!!!!!:mad:

:D

;)

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Any team that says they don't use what the fans and coaches and others write about their teams are blowing smoke- you know and I both know it. Check out locker room bulletin boards, Rodney!!!:rolleyes:

You are right about that! I posted a picture last year before one of our play-off games and it showed up on the opposing team's locker room, good thing we won that game!!!:D

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:22 AM
We've talked about this and you know I am sensitive, You have to learn to be nice to me! Besides, you must have told Garcia you were going away on a vacation and not going to have internet for a while. He was really saying some awful things about you last week. Now that you are back he is all "nicey nicey" to you.... I really think you should post some bad things about him now!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/stop.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php):lies: :lies: :lies:

garciap77
10-20-2009, 07:24 AM
RWB, thanks for the video of your Padre vacation, hope you dont mind that I share it with everybody... You can to some amazing things!

RWB ocean sking adventure at Padre (http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/2VHDbKhqezwsWD73)

That was weak!:D

Looking4number8
10-20-2009, 07:29 AM
hey garcia, check you PM's

Ragin Red
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
:p :p GRAHAM BY 14 AND LADY BLUES WIN ALSO:clap: :clap:

Rocket
10-20-2009, 08:19 AM
As an outsider in this argument, I just want to say that the outlandish predictions and bravado of posters like Rocket are really entertaining. Rocket has stated on this board a hundred times that he is a died in the wool Lion fan and what he posts is what he believes and it is all meant in fun when he is critical of another team. I will say that he and others are some of the most loyal posters on this board and that they enjoy some of the most loyal of other teams trading barbs with them. Believe me, in this part of the board, most have nothing but respect for Rocket and his cronies. PLUS-he really looks humble in that Wylie T-shirt he earned from a good natured bet.

Thanks for being level-headed. People are way too serious on this board.

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Have you guys already set up a Meet & Greet?

Daddy D 11
10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Finally, a voice of reason.

Finally, someone who sees my voice of reason and all knowing knowledge:D

Rocket
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Finally, someone who sees my voice of reason and all knowing knowledge:D

Only when it agrees with my reasoning. LOL

95mustang
10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Have you guys already set up a Meet & Greet?

Not yet, but they are ususally under the Jumbotron (minitron for garcia) at half time.

BwdLions
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Since I haven't posted my prediction for this game, here it is:

Brownwood 27
Graham 20

Rocket
10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Brownwood 38
Graham 24

garciap77
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Was there a team last year that Brownwood could not have beat? LOL You act like we got blew out every game. As long as we are in 3A, I will say that Brownwood can play with any team and win any game until proven otherwise, because that is the truth. WYLIE! Same one that beat you this year!

garciap77
10-20-2009, 12:30 PM

:thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Only when it agrees with my reasoning. LOL

Which is always, of course.

Brownwood wins this one.

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Back to the M & G.... LAST YEAR (which seems to be some people's favorite subject..) I actually went over to the visitor's side and greeted my guests at Newton Field like the proper hostess. I think you kind fellas should come over and greet me THIS YEAR (since that is what it is and a great deal of you keep forgetting).:kiss: :inlove: Just sayin'......

BEAST
10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I wont be able to attend any M&G. My wife had brain surgery about a month ago and at games I have to make sure she is ok when going up and down the stairs to the restroom/concession. Sorry.

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I wont be able to attend any M&G. My wife had brain surgery about a month ago and at games I have to make sure she is ok when going up and down the stairs to the restroom/concession. Sorry.

BEAST

I am just so glad to hear that she is able to go to games, BEAST!! What a miracle!! :D :clap:

BEAST
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I am just so glad to hear that she is able to go to games, BEAST!! What a miracle!! :D :clap:

Thanks.

BEAST

garciap77
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Back to the M & G.... LAST YEAR (which seems to be some people's favorite subject..) I actually went over to the visitor's side and greeted my guests at Newton Field like the proper hostess. I think you kind fellas should come over and greet me THIS YEAR (since that is what it is and a great deal of you keep forgetting).:kiss: :inlove: Just sayin'......

:thinking:I don't think L48 will show, unless they are winning!:thinking:

Just a Theory!:D

ccmom
10-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Also if he and Lion King have another date, he might no show again. :eek: ;)

garciap77
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Also if he and Lion King have another date, he might no show again. :eek: ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Looking4number8
10-20-2009, 04:53 PM

I miss one meet and greet and I get in trouble... damn this is getting just like my ex-wife, I do good for weeks at a time and I get one girlfriend and she gets all mad... I just dont understand people sometimes

Rocket
10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I miss one meet and greet and I get in trouble... damn this is getting just like my ex-wife, I do good for weeks at a time and I get one girlfriend and she gets all mad... I just dont understand people sometimes

Garcia is such a nag...
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garciaold.jpg

Rocket
10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one that saw this?

http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garciaboy.jpg

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Garcia is such a nag...

I gotta hand it to Rodney... that was great!!! Sorry, garcia...:clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 05:32 PM

Fill me in, Wookin'!!! What did I miss, Baby???:eek:

Daddy D 11
10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Brownwood wins.

Looking4number8
10-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Garcia is such a nag...

Ok Rocket.. thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Brownwood wins.

Give this man his PhD.

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Give this man his PhD.

Yep, because he definitely already is passed the BS stage!!!:rolleyes:

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Give this man his PhD. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

....and the crush continues:doh:

:cool:

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok Rocket.. thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Speaking of crushes:eek: :eek: :eek:

Get a room already guys:twitch: :crazy1: :twitch:

Inmateboss
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah we all know how the "this team won by this much and that team beat this team so this team should do this" crap works. It is all about execution, matchups, adjustments, coaching, and improvements, not about game results and comparisons.

Holy Crap!!! I can't belive i'm agreeing with ROCKET. But he's right. It doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or 100 it goes in the books as a W. I've learned over the years underestimating an opponent can be a kiss of death. We have said all year before every game"This team can kick our Hinnies", we have to Fight and Fight hard, and I think we've done a good job so far. But you have to remember something " WE ARE GRAHAM " If you want it your going to have to take it were not going to just give it to you. Good Luck to both teams & pray for no injuries!!!!

Inmateboss
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree to let's see what happens. If I am right, I don't win anything, except being right. If Brownwood wins, I am happy. I sure don't want to gloat over a Brownwood loss. I am just not like you guys. We were 3-7 last year and you guys picked Brownwood to win every week and brow beat anybody who disagreed with them.

Don't take this wrong, but I don't care if we had lost every game all year and were fixen to play the Cowboys, you have to yell and cheer on YOUR team. I think it's a Texas state law. But one thing is for sure this is TEXAS, Friday Night Lights, Leave with who brung ya.... It's just a guess on my part but if you go to the M&G you see someone standing around with a Buggy Whip, RUN....

skins4life
10-20-2009, 11:18 PM

ROTFLMAO:D :D :D :D :D

garciap77
10-21-2009, 06:58 AM
I gotta hand it to Rodney... that was great!!! Sorry, garcia...:clap: :clap:

OK! He asked for it! I was not going to say anything about way Rodney was not going to the game @ Graham, but here is the reason; he has a new part time job and he is working this Friday!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

;)

garciap77
10-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Ok Rocket.. thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you want some too!:D

:thinking:

ccmom
10-21-2009, 08:29 AM
OK! He asked for it! I was not going to say anything about way Rodney was not going to the game @ Graham, but here is the reason; he has a new part time job and he is working this Friday!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

;)

There should have been a warning on this post! I almost lost my breakfast! :eek:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Umm.....Rockee is gonna need a bigger T-Shirt!!

Rocket
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh man..that's sick.

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2009, 09:54 AM
ONE MORE REASON why I won't be hitting Hooters anytime soon!!!:eek: :eek: :ack!:

hollywood
10-21-2009, 10:15 AM

;) :spitlol:

OMG... I'm afraid to say anything. That is bad, bad, bad.

Rocket, promise me Hobbs won't corrupt you into letting yourself go so much to get to this point. Wow... lol.

nobogey72
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Rocket, dude..... Get you some Vitamin E oil. It will help with those pesky stretch marks. Man, no wonder you have gone to the blow-up dolls. Hold your head high man I'm sure you've got some good qualities.:thinking: :thinking:

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM

;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

:evillol: :evillol:

nobogey72
10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey, Rocket.... you might want to check in that belly button you might could find some loose change or maybe some Cheetos that got lost.:eek:

Pendragon13
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Graham by 14

See ya

Tech Actually, Brownwood was one of only two teams that have scored on our full strength first team D. Snyder was not the other one.;) Even so, I have to go with Graham in this one..

nobogey72
10-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't think that Graham even has a chance in this one. Why? Because Rocket told us that Brownwood has a lot of "emerging studs" and that he guarantees that they will be ranked in the top 5 in NEXT yrs pre-season polls.:D

garciap77
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I don't think that Graham even has a chance in this one. Why? Because Rocket told us that Brownwood has a lot of "emerging studs" and that he guarantees that they will be ranked in the top 5 in NEXT yrs pre-season polls.:D

In that case, there is no reason to even play the game! :D

;)

I wish we could play Brownwood every week!:D

;)

BwdLions
10-21-2009, 01:54 PM
In that case, there is no reason to even play the game! :D

;)

I wish we could play Brownwood every week!:D

;)

Garciap77, You guys are a very good team this year, but don't get used to beating the Lions like this in the future. By the way, we'll soften up the Steers for you guys for next week. Well, it's not like y'all need any help. :cool:

nobogey72
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Garciap77, You guys are a very good team this year, but don't get used to beating the Lions like this in the future. By the way, we'll soften up the Steers for you guys for next week. Well, it's not like y'all need any help. :cool:

Speaking of next year, there is no telling what will happen in February. There are lots of possibilities. Big Spring's #s are going to be close and also Stephenville. Depending on how much the top # of 3A goes up, it might catch one or both of them. That would really change the geography. I would love to see it stay the same but it's not likely.

Looking4number8
10-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Speaking of next year, there is no telling what will happen in February. There are lots of possibilities. Big Spring's #s are going to be close and also Stephenville. Depending on how much the top # of 3A goes up, it might catch one or both of them. That would really change the geography. I would love to see it stay the same but it's not likely.

Brownwood has a history of being moved around in different directions. Map sales go way up in town every other February... I seriously pedict us to go south toward Austin or Waco again for the 10-12 alignment.. Hopefully we will keep playing you guys which ever way we go...

On a side note, I think this because whoever you and Sandifer pay off to keep you guys in 3A will get a little bonus this year to get moved out of our district.. He knows he is pushing his luck by beating Brownwood 2 years in a row and no way does he want to loose the District to us next year!!!:) :) :) :):)

BEAST
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Brownwood has a history of being moved around in different directions. Map sales go way up in town every other February... I seriously pedict us to go south toward Austin or Waco again for the 10-12 alignment.. Hopefully we will keep playing you guys which ever way we go...

On a side note, I think this because whoever you and Sandifer pay off to keep you guys in 3A will get a little bonus this year to get moved out of our district.. He knows he is pushing his luck by beating Brownwood 2 years in a row and no way does he want to loose the District to us next year!!!:) :) :) :):)

I agree. With some West Texas teams dropping, I can see that pushing us into Waco and Austin area. And if Stephenville does drop, they could go with Glen Rose and that district. Leaving
2-3A going further west.

BEAST

LH_Tuff
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM

LH also has a history of being moved around. How about LH and Brownwood in the same district? Wouldn't that be fun?

BEAST
10-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
LH also has a history of being moved around. How about LH and Brownwood in the same district? Wouldn't that be fun?

Sounds good to me. Burnet? What other teams would fill the district?

BEAST