PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Graham (7-0)(2-0) @ Brownwood (5-2)(1-1)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

garciap77
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Garciap77, You guys are a very good team this year, but don't get used to beating the Lions like this in the future. By the way, we'll soften up the Steers for you guys for next week. Well, it's not like y'all need any help. :cool:

Hey! We are just getting used to beating Snyder. I can’t remember the last time we beat Graham @ their home. Hope we can do it Friday.:)

Rocket
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey, Rocket.... you might want to check in that belly button you might could find some loose change or maybe some Cheetos that got lost.:eek:

That's where I keep my earwax.

LH_Tuff
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Sounds good to me. Burnet? What other teams would fill the district?

BEAST

I think you would go north/west from Burnet/LH. Maybe Fredricskburg and Ingram. Or, how about China Spring and LaVega. Make a super district.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling LH will go back to Region 4.

Looking4number8
10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Actually the more I think about it, Brownwood is in a class by its self so it might go something like this

1A -100-200
2A -201-450
3A- 451-900
3AA -Brownwood - 901
4A -902-2000
5A - >2001

It would only make sense and then we would have our rightfull place back at continous State Champions!!

garciap77
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Actually the more I think about it, Brownwood is in a class by its self so it might go something like this

1A -100-200
2A -201-450
3A- 451-900
3AA -Brownwood - 901
4A -902-2000
5A - >2001

It would only make sense and then we would have our rightfull place back at continous State Champions!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

95mustang
10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Brownwood has a history of being moved around in different directions. Map sales go way up in town every other February... I seriously pedict us to go south toward Austin or Waco again for the 10-12 alignment.. Hopefully we will keep playing you guys which ever way we go....

I really hope we don't go back to the Waco area. Those are some long trips. I know it was 4A then but driving through Lampasas to get to Cove was ridiculous in my opinion.

garciap77
10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I really hope we don't go back to the Waco area. Those are some long trips. I know it was 4A then but driving through Lampasas to get to Cove was ridiculous in my opinion.

Don't worry! Wylie likes playing Brownwood, so I don't think you will be moving to another district any time soon!:D

;)

95mustang
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Don't worry! Wylie likes playing Brownwood, so I don't think you will be moving to another district any time soon!:D

;)

Well that's good. I can see a good rivalry starting up here. I just hope the Wylie fans can pay the UIL enough to keep us around.

Plus the drive to Brownwood sure beats the drive to Andrews. :D

95mustang
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
No back to the original thread.

Brownwood: 35
Graham: 27

slingshot
10-21-2009, 07:29 PM

1A -100-200
2A -201-450
3A- 451-900
3AA -Brownwood - 901
4A -902-2000
5A - >2001

It would only make sense and then we would have our rightfull place back at continous State Champions!! Hey--You might actually win another one that way! ;)

skins4life
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM

What is it, about 90 miles to Cove from B'Wood? Try driving from Snyder or S'Water to Pecos or Ft. Stockton. That's a 3-3 1/2 hour drive..:( :( It's rough after a 2 &1/2 or 3 hour ballgame. I remember having to drive to Taylor & Cameron (sp) when I was at Lampasas in the 70's. I thought that was a long drive. They're nothing like that to Pecos.

slingshot
10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Well that's good. I can see a good rivalry starting up here. I just hope the Wylie fans can pay the UIL enough to keep us around.

Plus the drive to Brownwood sure beats the drive to Andrews. :D I agree--no matter how the districts shake out, we gotta keep playing! It's gotten fun fast and we're only 75 miles apart... now with both schools dropping enrollment #'s, looks like we'll both be 3A for a while--let's keep this budding rivalry rolling.

95mustang
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
What is it, about 90 miles to Cove from B'Wood? Try driving from Snyder or S'Water to Pecos or Ft. Stockton. That's a 3-3 1/2 hour drive..:( :( It's rough after a 2 &1/2 or 3 hour ballgame. I remember having to drive to Taylor & Cameron (sp) when I was at Lampasas in the 70's. I thought that was a long drive. They're nothing like that to Pecos.

I am very familiar with the old 3-4A district and then the 4-4A district as I spent my high school playing days in that district. Though I was almost central when you compare the distances. It is definitely a haul from Sweetwater to Pecos or Fort Stockton.

skins4life
10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I am very familiar with the old 3-4A district and then the 4-4A district as I spent my high school playing days in that district. Though I was almost central when you compare the distances. It is definitely a haul from Sweetwater to Pecos or Fort Stockton.

What really stunk was having to make the trips on back to back Fridays!!!:mad:

95mustang
10-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
What really stunk was having to make the trips on back to back Fridays!!!:mad:

When you figure that in with the condition of the playing surfaces back then wow!. I will say I always enjoyed playing in Sweetwater though. Great Stadium and the field was always nice.

Rustler
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Obviously there was seven of them last year. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
It wouldn't matter if we lost to Breck (2A). I would still feel confident that Brownwood could beat Graham. You don't know me very well.

Brownwood has 3 Sr's that see the field. We are young and still getting better and we have found a QB that is mobile and can pass the ball (we didn't have this until the 4th Qtr against Wylie).

I NEVER count out a Brownwood team to do great things.

If Sweetwater gave Graham trouble, oh dear. i like the way you root for your team however, just as Wylie did, we r coming to your house and tearing off a big chunk of Homecoming Cake...yall ought to know better than to schedule us for Homecoming:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
OK! He asked for it! I was not going to say anything about way Rodney was not going to the game @ Graham, but here is the reason; he has a new part time job and he is working this Friday!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

:D

;) Looks good on ya Rock:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think that Graham even has a chance in this one. Why? Because Rocket told us that Brownwood has a lot of "emerging studs" and that he guarantees that they will be ranked in the top 5 in NEXT yrs pre-season polls.:D cmon let Rocket dream!

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Rodney??? I have asked you this before and you failed to answer me.... where do you get that a game that ends in 45-14 giving "someone trouble"?? And you know what? It doesn't make a hill of beans. Blah, blah, blah. Since day one- I have said, "Shut up and put up"- if your boys can play thats awesome! Let them play, cheerboy and go practice your hurkeys. :D :clap: :cheerl:

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Am I the only one that saw this?

http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garciaboy.jpg that is GOOD!

95mustang
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
i like the way you root for your team however, just as Wylie did, we r coming to your house and tearing off a big chunk of Homecoming Cake...yall ought to know better than to schedule us for Homecoming:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That cake is going to be hard to swallow after the Lions sink their teeth into the Steer's throats.

RedWhiteBlue
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
By the way- hated your young 'uns had to cancel a ballgame last night due to sickness. That bug hasn't spread to the high school has it?? In all seriousness- we really want you all to be at full strength come Friday!!!:D

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Brownwood 38
Graham 24 missed that one:hairpunk: :hairpunk:

trusteer/trublu
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Recruiting?? Last time I checked this thread was open to anyone, right? For a while- I was the pretty much the only one from Graham on here. Now, that some others decide to start 'posting up'- you guys get all pissy. Sounds a little cliquish to me. Kind-of reminds me of some girls I used to know in high school.... geez....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sounds like a Sorority Fundraiser.....we just like to even the odds alittle..

Rocket
10-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Rodney??? I have asked you this before and you failed to answer me.... where do you get that a game that ends in 45-14 giving "someone trouble"?? And you know what? It doesn't make a hill of beans. Blah, blah, blah. Since day one- I have said, "Shut up and put up"- if your boys can play thats awesome! Let them play, cheerboy and go practice your hurkeys. :D :clap: :cheerl:

You want me to use your first name on here?

You are ranting like a crazy woman. (what else is new) What was the score at half?

grahampaw
10-21-2009, 11:18 PM
The score was 41-39 at the half.Then Graham scored 20 in the half that counts the most to beat the Lions 59-41.....................................Oh did you mean the Sweetwater game?21-14and after 3 q it was 42-14................Grahams new motto" we play four Q ". Brownwoods motto " we where right there at the half."

95mustang
10-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
The score was 41-39 at the half.Then Graham scored 20 in the half that counts the most to beat the Lions 59-41.....................................Oh did you mean the Sweetwater game?21-14and after 3 q it was 42-14................Grahams new motto" we play four Q ". Brownwoods motto " we where right there at the half."

WOW. Im impressed your team was able to score on our defense last year. So was everyone else and we have admitted that. This years DEFENSE is not last years defense. I sure hope your Steers are ready to play 4 quarters.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 02:45 AM
You want me to use your first name on here?

You are ranting like a crazy woman. (what else is new) What was the score at half?

I'm ranting like a crazy woman?? Just stating the facts (another favorite lines of yours that I love...), sir. And you pull this "ranting like a crazy woman" line on me- simply because I AM a woman. Oh, so how many times I could have used the very same line on you, Rodney, my friend- if you only you were of the female gender!!!!:rolleyes: :D
And if I recall- it was you who told us your own personal name last year out here in the open forum- that is when I began calling you that and been doing it ever since.... never been a probem until now. But if you want to refer to me as my real first name-feel free. For the life of me- I couldn't remember your last name even if I tried or cared to.:confused: :doh:
And you still haven't answered my question.... Do you consider a ballgame where the score is 45-14 a ballgame where a team is given trouble? :confused: :thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 02:48 AM
So, the M & G is under the scoreboard at the half? Is that correct? Is anyone planning on showing up?:D

Looking4number8
10-22-2009, 06:50 AM
So, the M & G is under the scoreboard at the half? Is that correct? Is anyone planning on showing up?:D

I dont think so, RWB (and some of your cronies) you sound like it is gonna be more of gang fight than a meet and greet. I think I can find better things to do.:)

garciap77
10-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I dont think so, RWB (and some of your cronies) you sound like it is gonna be more of gang fight than a meet and greet. I think I can find better things to do.:)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ScarSlink.jpg

;)

Rustler
10-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Rodney??? I have asked you this before and you failed to answer me.... where do you get that a game that ends in 45-14 giving "someone trouble"?? And you know what? It doesn't make a hill of beans. Blah, blah, blah. Since day one- I have said, "Shut up and put up"- if your boys can play thats awesome! Let them play, cheerboy and go practice your hurkeys. :D :clap: :cheerl: :D Hey "Rockin Rocket" Maybe you need to start a thread about beating Breck (2A) You might stand a better chance of answering their questions. Brownwoods only Distrcit Win in Two Years:clap:

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 08:03 AM

Okay. I guess no M & G then. I think this has to be a first for me. :confused:

garciap77
10-22-2009, 08:12 AM

They think you are a Super Mean Girl!:D

;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 08:17 AM
They think you are a Super Mean Girl!:D

;)

I met them all last year and we had a nice visit. Message board aside- I think we would all get along just fine. Oh well, I guess I was wrong.:( It's okay- I don't mind finding some of my own peeps to visit with.:D

Ragin Red
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
HEY RWB WE'LL BE THERE CHEERING FOR OUR TEAM RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU LIKE WE DID OVER IN B'PORT.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
HEY RWB WE'LL BE THERE CHEERING FOR OUR TEAM RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU LIKE WE DID OVER IN B'PORT.

Sounds great so me!!!:clap:

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Okay. I guess no M & G then. I think this has to be a first for me. :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ccmom
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM

Wow:doh:

Rocket
10-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm ranting like a crazy woman?? Just stating the facts (another favorite lines of yours that I love...), sir. And you pull this "ranting like a crazy woman" line on me- simply because I AM a woman. Oh, so how many times I could have used the very same line on you, Rodney, my friend- if you only you were of the female gender!!!!:rolleyes: :D
And if I recall- it was you who told us your own personal name last year out here in the open forum- that is when I began calling you that and been doing it ever since.... never been a probem until now. But if you want to refer to me as my real first name-feel free. For the life of me- I couldn't remember your last name even if I tried or cared to.:confused: :doh:
And you still haven't answered my question.... Do you consider a ballgame where the score is 45-14 a ballgame where a team is given trouble? :confused: :thinking:

WHAT WAS THE SCORE AT HALF?

If I was only of the female gender? What in the world are you talking about?

I consider that if Graham is ALL THAT, then it would have never been a close game. Especially not at half.

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 10:36 AM
WHAT WAS THE SCORE AT HALF? Aren't some teams known as second half teams??

Rocket
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Where were all these Graham posters last year? LOL Bunch of fairweather fans. Grahampaw and RWB were the only 2 that I remember. Now everybody is gung ho for Graham! Hilarious.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
And that matters because....................:doh: :doh:

BECAUSE, I said they gave Graham some trouble. I didn't say they almost beat Graham. LOL

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
BECAUSE, I said they gave Graham some trouble. I didn't say they almost beat Graham. LOL Thanks for clearing that up, I had always thought that football was played in quarters and halves. :doh: :doh:

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ScarSlink.jpg

;) :D

:wave: :1popcorn:

Rocket
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, I had always thought that football was played in quarters and halves. :doh: :doh:

Yeah, I find that I have to break things down alot on here for all the slow people. You and RWB should read my statements, think about them for a little bit, and then ask questions. Usually helps.:thinking: :D

Ragin Red
10-22-2009, 10:44 AM
WHAT WAS THE SCORE AT HALF?

I consider that if Graham is ALL THAT, then it would have never been a close game. Especially not at half.

Are we talking about last years score if so graham was all that to have scored 20 pts. in second half and not let B'wood score any!!
What was the final score wasn't it 59-41 or something like that!!!:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I find that I have to break things down alot on here for all the slow people. You and RWB should read my statements, think about them for a little bit, and then ask questions. Usually helps.:thinking: :D Oh, so when Brownwood wins they put the other team away at the half and when they lose they don't.;) ;) Thanks for the explanation Rocket. :devil: :devil:

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Okay. I guess no M & G then. I think this has to be a first for me. :confused: No meet and greet:( :(

:D Dang, and I think Rustler seems like such a nice guy:thinking:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 10:57 AM
"Rocket in the mornin', Rocket in the evenin', Rocket at suppertime. Be my little Rocket and bull me all the time." :D

Me loves me some Rocket....he never fails to entertain.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 11:00 AM

Speaking of breaking things down for people..... I MEANT- if you were of the female gender, you would be referred to as a "ranting crazy woman" about 95% of the time...:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I find that I have to break things down alot on here for all the slow people. You and RWB should read my statements, think about them for a little bit, and then ask questions. Usually helps.:thinking: :D

I've tried reading them.....:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Old Blue
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Where were all these Graham posters last year? LOL Bunch of fairweather fans. Grahampaw and RWB were the only 2 that I remember. Now everybody is gung ho for Graham! Hilarious.

Most of the new posters or as you call us fairweather fans did not know about this site last year.
As for myself i log on to this site to see what ROCKET has to say about things and get a good laugh because he is sooooooooooo far out there it is no wonder he moved closer AREA 51.
I will not log on to argue with ROCKET because i refuse to lower myself to his intellectual level.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Old Blue
Most of the new posters or as you call us fairweather fans did not know about this site last year.
As for myself i log on to this site to see what ROCKET has to say about things and get a good laugh because he is sooooooooooo far out there it is no wonder he moved closer AREA 51.
I will not log on to argue with ROCKET because i refuse to lower myself to his intellectual level.

I was thinking the same thing about the 'fairweather fan' thing. Some of these posters have been Graham fans since Rocket was born!!!:D :clap:

pirate4state
10-22-2009, 11:13 AM
So, Brownwood is healthy for this game, right? Is this the first game for the new QB? Or did he start & play the whole game against Breck? If so, what were his stats? I haven't been paying attention, does Brownwood run the ball?

What about Graham? Are they pass first? Do they run the ball?

ccmom
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, Brownwood is healthy for this game, right? Is this the first game for the new QB? Or did he start & play the whole game against Breck? If so, what were his stats? I haven't been paying attention, does Brownwood run the ball?

Hold on a minute.....is that FOOTBALL talk? :doh: ;)

pirate4state
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hold on a minute.....is that FOOTBALL talk? :doh: ;) Not until they answer me. I won't hold my breath. ;)

Looking4number8
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM

Dont count the thing off on my accord. As much as I like to think so, the world does not revolve around me.:)

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Dont count the thing off on my accord. As much as I like to think so, the world does not revolve around me.:)

Nah, its cool. No one else has really chimed in. I guess, me, myself and I and the Graham boys will hang out. Hope we all enjoy a great, safe and injury free game!!!:D

And everybody heading North for the games tonight be very safe and dress warm- it is a cold booger today!!!:)

Looking4number8
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM

To my knowlege, with exception of the QB's we are healthy. Last week McShan was 17 of 23 for 216 yeard with 2 td's and zero interceptions but as Rustler so often says, it was against itty bitty 2A breckenridge so its no big deal.

We did loose our linebacker that led the team in tackles to disipline problems but no complaints there. The kid was a beast but Shipley held true to his word and said he would not allow those kinds of troubles on the team no matter how good the player was. I am impressed that Shipley did what he did in the middle of a districy race.

We have two (maybe more) very good running backs but their numbers really dont look that great right now. We were hoping for a more balanced attack but we will see.

As for Graham, todays paper says McCoy is 105 of 181 with1790 yards and 22 td's with 6 interceptions. But they also have a running back that is probally the best in the district. The only thing Graham does bad is turn the ball over (the number was not in the paper)

Graham will be very tough but they are beatable. We just have to play our very best to win and like you guys said, we have to play hard all 4 quarters. McCoy and crew have the ability to come from behind but so do we, This could be a very wild game to say the least.
My predicton

Bwd 31
Graham 28

now, that about does me for football talk, I am much better at the trash talking and crude pictures, I just dont have any pics of anybodys face from Graham to make it fun.

garciap77
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Old Blue

:thinking:

:thinking:

ccmom
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Garcia clean out your box!

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Speaking of breaking things down for people..... I MEANT- if you were of the female gender, you would be referred to as a "ranting crazy woman" about 95% of the time...:D Wow!! I must be missing about 5% of everything he posts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
To my knowlege, with exception of the QB's we are healthy. Last week McShan was 17 of 23 for 216 yeard with 2 td's and zero interceptions but as Rustler so often says, it was against itty bitty 2A breckenridge so its no big deal.

We did loose our linebacker that led the team in tackles to disipline problems but no complaints there. The kid was a beast but Shipley held true to his word and said he would not allow those kinds of troubles on the team no matter how good the player was. I am impressed that Shipley did what he did in the middle of a districy race.

We have two (maybe more) very good running backs but their numbers really dont look that great right now. We were hoping for a more balanced attack but we will see.

As for Graham, todays paper says McCoy is 105 of 181 with1790 yards and 22 td's with 6 interceptions. But they also have a running back that is probally the best in the district. The only thing Graham does bad is turn the ball over (the number was not in the paper)

Graham will be very tough but they are beatable. We just have to play our very best to win and like you guys said, we have to play hard all 4 quarters. McCoy and crew have the ability to come from behind but so do we, This could be a very wild game to say the least.
My predicton

Bwd 31
Graham 28

now, that about does me for football talk, I am much better at the trash talking and crude pictures, I just dont have any pics of anybodys face from Graham to make it fun.

Awesome. Thanks! :) Good luck & safe travels to all.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 02:13 PM

My predicton

Bwd 31
Graham 28

Our Defense plays well. One player leads the D in tackles with 54 and 24 assists, followed by another with 42 and 11 assists. They have also caused 12 fumbles this season. About our offense, we have no problems running the ball and of course, going to the air is not a problem, either.:2thumbsup

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
A McCoy throwing to somebody beats a somebody throwing to Shipley :D Leading D player at Bwd now at Bangs??

:cheerl: :cheerl: Graham by 7 or more:cool:

BwdLions
10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
A McCoy throwing to somebody beats a somebody throwing to Shipley :D Leading D player at Bwd now at Bangs??

I'm sure some of McCoy's passes will be caught by some players wearing maroon too. I predict 2 INTs for McCoy in this one. That may be the difference in the game. ;)

95mustang
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM

I am game for a meet n greet.

hollywood
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Don't be so quick to call that one LE. Leading tackler is not always the best player on D. There are plenty of guys to step up into the LB spot vacancy. Also, those somebody's throwing to Shipley sometimes become somebody's in games like this.:hand:
Shipley's Lions will be out for the sack on this one... oops, I forgot, that's something the Steers don't have.

Brownwood will have a confident win tomorrow night.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 03:49 PM
How about tonight? How is your JV?:confused:

nobogey72
10-22-2009, 03:50 PM

nobogey72
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM

I don't know about their JV but next years Varsity will be ranked in the preseason top 5 (guaranteed by Rocket). So, that fact usually means that they will put 14 points on the scoreboard before the game even starts.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ccmom
10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by hollywood

Shipley's Lions will be out for the sack on this one... oops, I forgot, that's something the Steers don't have.

RWB...surely even you saw the humor in that one. :D :eek:

Rocket
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Our Defense plays well. One player leads the D in tackles with 54 and 24 assists, followed by another with 42 and 11 assists. They have also caused 12 fumbles this season. About our offense, we have no problems running the ball and of course, going to the air is not a problem, either.:2thumbsup

YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY YET! LOL

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY YET! LOL Yeah, whatever. Just because they haven't played the Mighty Lions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Don't be so quick to call that one LE. Leading tackler is not always the best player on D. There are plenty of guys to step up into the LB spot vacancy. Also, those somebody's throwing to Shipley sometimes become somebody's in games like this.:hand: You have a point Hollywood. The Shipley and McCoy on the sidelines may be the key to the game. Bwd will have to get the run going to take pressure off of the young QB. Graham will have to get pressure and score when they get the ball. Airing it out usually results in lots of possessions and punting and field position could play a factor. Home field could help Bwd but we will see. :confused:

:clap: :clap: Good luck to both teams.

BwdLions
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, whatever. Just because they haven't played the Mighty Lions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They'll get that opportunity in about 27 hours. :cool:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY YET! LOL

How about No. 38 on the Massey Power Ratings?...:D

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Airing it out usually results in lots of possessions and punting and field position could play a factor. Home field could help Bwd but we will see. But Graham also has a running game.:)

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How about No. 38 on the Massey Power Ratings?...:D Can't you read Bull, not anybody. Rocket doesn't care about #38.:devil: :devil: :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Brownwood doesn't post their stats on MaxPreps, either. So, they probably haven't checked it out lately..... Rocket would probably refer to it as useless information- eventhough it is FACTS- rather than most of the jibberish he pulls out of his.... hat.:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
By the way- we have played "Nobody". We aren't good enough for a M & G- so I guess we are another "Nobody" on their schedule. We shall see if they remember "Nobody" after tomorrow night....:D

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 04:37 PM
By the way- we have played "Nobody". We aren't good enough for a M & G- so I guess we are another "Nobody" on their schedule. We shall see if they remember "Nobody" after tomorrow night....:D Surely you haven't forgotten, you have played cupcakes and air. :devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Can't you read Bull, not anybody. Rocket doesn't care about #38.:devil: :devil: :D :D

Maybe he'll notice that the Bulls offense is STILL ranked higher than the Lions this season---even with a 3-4 record. :D

39.40(19) to 39.08(21)

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe he'll notice that the Bulls offense is STILL ranked higher than the Lions this season---even with a 3-4 record. :D

39.40(19) to 39.08(21) :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: But the Lions have been without their stud WR, that's the only reason. :D

hollywood
10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Can't you read Bull, not anybody. Rocket doesn't care about #38.:devil: :devil: :D :D

The only #38 we care about in Brownwood is our #38. I look for him to have a big game on the ground against the Graham calfs. He's one tough soph. RB.

hollywood
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: But the Lions have been without their stud WR, that's the only reason. :D

... And our stud QB... hello!

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 04:48 PM
... And our stud QB... hello!

Well, at least you speak the truth, hollywood.

RedWhiteBlue
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
The only #38 we care about in Brownwood is our #38. I look for him to have a big game on the ground against the Graham calfs. He's one tough soph. RB.

Wait until he meets those 2 I was talking about or our monsters...he may turn in to a number 83 before we are done with him.;)

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
But Graham also has a running game.:)

Their RB bounces around the field like a human pinball. :D

Rocket
10-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Surely you haven't forgotten, you have played cupcakes and air. :devil: :devil:

Who have the played? Please tell me.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Brownwood doesn't post their stats on MaxPreps, either. So, they probably haven't checked it out lately..... Rocket would probably refer to it as useless information- eventhough it is FACTS- rather than most of the jibberish he pulls out of his.... hat.:rolleyes:

At 7:30pm tomorrow night it will be useless info. :)

Rocket
10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Their RB bounces around the field like a human pinball. :D

So do most RB's against Sweetwater.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Who have the played? Please tell me.

Ahem...:rolleyes: We put up 512yds of "O" against Graham and lost by a point.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Ahem...:rolleyes: We put up 512yds of "O" against Graham and lost by a point.

You didn't play the full Graham team. 6 of their best players were not there.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:02 PM
You didn't play the full Graham team. 6 of their best players were not there.

Actually, probably 3 starters, we were missing 1, and you think Brownwood is going to put up 500yds and more than 48pts.?

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Actually, probably 3 starters, we were missing 1, and you think Brownwood is going to put up 500yds and more than 48pts.?

We won't have to put up those numbers to win. ;)

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
We won't have to put up those numbers to win. ;)

Seriously---I think this one is going to be a high-scoring affair.

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Seriously---I think this one is going to be a high-scoring affair.

It could be. Still don't think we will have to put up those numbers.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:12 PM

I know the RB was one of them they were missing.

Either way, you don't think Brownwood can score points? After all we are within a decimal of your great offense. LOL

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
It could be. Still don't think we will have to put up those numbers.

Well, it is highschool football, and anything can happen, but both of these teams just shout 'shootout' to me.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I know the RB was one of them they were missing.

Either way, you don't think Brownwood can score points? After all we are within a decimal of your great offense. LOL

Sure they can---they have been having the same trouble we have--just not ENOUGH points.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, it is highschool football, and anything can happen, but both of these teams just shout 'shootout' to me.

Should be a great game. I am upset I won't be able to see it.

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Sure they can---they have been having the same trouble we have--just not ENOUGH points.

Yes but that has not happened to us as much as ya'll this year. :D

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes but that has not happened to us as much as ya'll this year. :D

But y'all haven't played anybody. :D

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Should be a great game. I am upset I won't be able to see it.

Is anybody going to stream the game?

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
But y'all haven't played anybody. :D

I wouldn't call Stephenville and Wylie not playing anybody. Those are the 2 teams we lost to. Who have ya'll lost to again? :D

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Who have the played? Please tell me. Well I guess Bridgeport and Snyder don't count, so I guess it won't be anyone until tomorrow night.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't call Stephenville and Wylie not playing anybody. Those are the 2 teams we lost to. Who have ya'll lost to again? :D

Mineral Wells, Prosper, Argyle, and Graham.

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
And we lost our starting QB in the last scrimmage to an ACL and had to completely revamp our back field but we don't make excuses Rocket, we play with the hand that was dealt us and go on.:p :p

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Mineral Wells, Prosper, Argyle, and Graham. Nothing but air and cupcakes Bull.:D :D

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Mineral Wells, Prosper, Argyle, and Graham.

Mineral Wells....:thinking:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Mineral Wells....:thinking:

Got as much, if not more, team speed than the other 3.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Got as much, if not more, team speed than the other 3.

Question, how did Graham compare to Argyle and Prosper? :thinking:

I am guessing y'all are like Brownwood last year. Good offense and not so good defense?

95mustang
10-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Is anybody going to stream the game?

You can catch Dallas Huston on koxe.com

On the top right hand side of the page there will be a link.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
And we lost our starting QB in the last scrimmage to an ACL and had to completely revamp our back field but we don't make excuses Rocket, we play with the hand that was dealt us and go on.:p :p

When was the last time I used that excuse? Stephenville? LOL

The BAD thing about being Brownwood is we get the best of all these teams because of who we are. Snyder gets the sloppy seconds and still gets blanked. LOL

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Question, how did Graham compare to Argyle and Prosper? :thinking:

I am guessing y'all are like Brownwood last year. Good offense and not so good defense?

Defense not as good as either, offense better than Prosper, and close to Argyle's.

Our defense is really pretty good, especially against the run. Oddly, they have given up too many long gainers that went for TD's. Our secondary just gave up a bunch of passing plays early, has it a lot better under control now.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Defense not as good as either, offense better than Prosper, and close to Argyle's.

Our defense is really pretty good, especially against the run. Oddly, they have given up too many long gainers that went for TD's. Our secondary just gave up a bunch of passing plays early, has it a lot better under control now.

A good passing offense in 3A is way ahead of most defenses in 3A.

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 07:59 PM

The BAD thing about being Brownwood is we get the best of all these teams because of who we are. Snyder gets the sloppy seconds and still gets blanked. LOL LOL all you want and call Snyder sloppy seconds but Wylie wasn't able to empty the bench when they played the Tigers. LOL:D

Ranger Mom
10-22-2009, 08:28 PM
You can catch Dallas Huston on koxe.com

On the top right hand side of the page there will be a link.

Thanks for that info!!!

RWB.....if I was going to this game, I would most definitely be at the M&G!!!!

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
A good passing offense in 3A is way ahead of most defenses in 3A.

HOW DID YOU DO IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR?

95mustang
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Thanks for that info!!!

RWB.....if I was going to this game, I would most definitely be at the M&G!!!!

your welcome. Didn't you hear RWB don't want to have a M&G.

garciap77
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
LOL all you want and call Snyder sloppy seconds but Wylie wasn't able to empty the bench when they played the Tigers. LOL:D

That was a great game! I'm sure our team will learn a lot from that game!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_9358.jpg

Rocket
10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
HOW DID YOU DO IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR?

How many points did we hang on 3A last year?

I didn't say it produces wins automatically. The defense still has to execute.:rolleyes:

Rocket
10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
That was a great game! I'm sure our team will learn a lot from that game!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_9358.jpg

Garcia is a buttkisser. Pic coming soon.

Rocket
10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL all you want and call Snyder sloppy seconds but Wylie wasn't able to empty the bench when they played the Tigers. LOL:D

Right. We got Wylie after 2 weeks of thinking about us and studying us and preparing on the practice field for us. Then they had to come to Snyder? What a letdown. Yes, you got Wylie's sloppy seconds. And still couldn't score.

95mustang
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM

LOL.

garciap77
10-22-2009, 09:30 PM

LOL

Hey Rocket! If you want me to post a picture, just ask! You know we are friends! :D

Ranger Mom
10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
your welcome. Didn't you hear RWB don't want to have a M&G.

That wasn't how I read it!!

garciap77
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM

:ditto:

Inmateboss
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Graham in a 3 game Sweep tonight. First 2 were very close, JV was pretty onesided.

trusteer/trublu
10-22-2009, 10:16 PM
So do most RB's against Sweetwater. :fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost:

Looking4number8
10-22-2009, 10:23 PM

I did not read it that way either. The way I read it was when
Beast and I said we werent going to make the meet and greet, she decided that she would just stay home and listen to the radio. Guess she figured she did not want to suffer the drive home after the loss if she did not at least get to see my smiling face again..... cant say that I blame her... hell, I am a looker!

trusteer/trublu
10-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Where were all these Graham posters last year? LOL Bunch of fairweather fans. Grahampaw and RWB were the only 2 that I remember. Now everybody is gung ho for Graham! Hilarious. I didnt know there was a time limit on getting on the site....thought it was open forum to anyone at any time...are u feeling intimidated by our numbers? If so, you will definately be wondering where we all came from after tomorrow nite.....:nerd: :inlove: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :stirpot: :stirpot:

95mustang
10-22-2009, 10:31 PM

I said I was game for one, but they didn't want one. :p

trusteer/trublu
10-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't think that Graham even has a chance in this one. Why? Because Rocket told us that Brownwood has a lot of "emerging studs" and that he guarantees that they will be ranked in the top 5 in NEXT yrs pre-season polls.:D im trying to get ahold of Coach now and tell him to hold the buses, Rocket said BW was going to win.....Coach was not impressed, says we r going anyway:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

garciap77
10-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
I didnt know there was a time limit on getting on the site....thought it was open forum to anyone at any time...are u feeling intimidated by our numbers? If so, you will definately be wondering where we all came from after tomorrow nite.....:nerd: :inlove: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :stirpot: :stirpot:

How was South Padre?:D

;)

Looking4number8
10-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Good Football Friday morning! Looking forward to tonight! Go Lions!!!

garciap77
10-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Good Football Friday morning! Looking forward to tonight! Go Lions!!!

Good morning LOOKER and good luck tonight!:D

;)

Looking4number8
10-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Good morning LOOKER and good luck tonight!:D

;)

yep, looking is a looker!!!

DaHop72
10-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Right. We got Wylie after 2 weeks of thinking about us and studying us and preparing on the practice field for us. Then they had to come to Snyder? What a letdown. Yes, you got Wylie's sloppy seconds. And still couldn't score. Blah, blah, blah everyone has to prepare special for Brownwood because they are the only real team in the district. :rolleyes: :D I'm sure Coach Sandifer put his entire year into that one game, sure hope Wylie has something left in the tank for the rest of the year. :nerd: :nerd:

garciap77
10-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Blah, blah, blah everyone has to prepare special for Brownwood because they are the only real team in the district. :rolleyes: :D I'm sure Coach Sandifer put his entire year into that one game, sure hope Wylie has something left in the tank for the rest of the year. :nerd: :nerd:

The Snyder game will help us for the rest of the season!

nobogey72
10-23-2009, 08:27 AM
yep, looking is a looker!!!

Is being a "Looker" kind of like being a "peeping Tom"?:eek: :eek: :eek:

hollywood
10-23-2009, 08:29 AM
The Snyder game will help us for the rest of the season!

I sure hope so... I wouldn't want Breckenridge to sneak up and give you guys a hard time tonight. LOL:D

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Blah, blah, blah everyone has to prepare special for Brownwood because they are the only real team in the district. :rolleyes: :D I'm sure Coach Sandifer put his entire year into that one game, sure hope Wylie has something left in the tank for the rest of the year. :nerd: :nerd: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Garcia is such a nag...
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garciaold.jpg

\/ \/ \/ \/ Garcia, why are you still in town! \/ \/ \/ \/

Man Dressed As Woman Questioned

On Tuesday, officer Kimberly Cantu of the Brownwood Police Department was called to Howard Payne University on a report from HPU security of a suspicious person on the campus.

Officer Cantu arrived and made contact with the man who was sitting in his vehicle. Police reports state that the man was on campus because he saw a girl in a clothing store a few days earlier and thought she was cute. The man told police that after searching for the woman's vehicle, he found it parked on HPU campus and left a note asking her to call him. He also told police that he had not tried to contact the woman before, and he did not know her name.

Cantu asked the man to step out of his vehicle and stand near the back. According to reports, when the man exited the vehicle he was observed wearing a pink spandex top with a cut off midriff, a sports bra with fake breast inserts, blue jean daisy duke shorts with white ruffle at the hem, panty hose and cowboy boots.
The report states that when Cantu asked the man why he was wearing such an outfit he said that he had a fetish for women's clothes.

The man was issued a criminal trespass warning and released.

link
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=578:brownwood-police-reports-police-question-man-in-womans-cloths&catid=35:news&Itemid=58

hollywood
10-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Wait until he meets those 2 I was talking about or our monsters...he may turn in to a number 83 before we are done with him.;)

Monsters? Graham has monsters? LOL Good to know that now. We better let the team know before tonight's game.

DaHop72
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
\/ \/ \/ \/ Garcia, why are you still in town! \/ \/ \/ \/

Man Dressed As Woman Questioned

On Tuesday, officer Kimberly Cantu of the Brownwood Police Department was called to Howard Payne University on a report from HPU security of a suspicious person on the campus.

Officer Cantu arrived and made contact with the man who was sitting in his vehicle. Police reports state that the man was on campus because he saw a girl in a clothing store a few days earlier and thought she was cute. The man told police that after searching for the woman's vehicle, he found it parked on HPU campus and left a note asking her to call him. He also told police that he had not tried to contact the woman before, and he did not know her name.

Cantu asked the man to step out of his vehicle and stand near the back. According to reports, when the man exited the vehicle he was observed wearing a pink spandex top with a cut off midriff, a sports bra with fake breast inserts, blue jean daisy duke shorts with white ruffle at the hem, panty hose and cowboy boots.
The report states that when Cantu asked the man why he was wearing such an outfit he said that he had a fetish for women's clothes.

The man was issued a criminal trespass warning and released.

link
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=578:brownwood-police-reports-police-question-man-in-womans-cloths&catid=35:news&Itemid=58 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black_Magic
10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Blah, blah, blah everyone has to prepare special for Brownwood because they are the only real team in the district. :rolleyes: :D I'm sure Coach Sandifer put his entire year into that one game, sure hope Wylie has something left in the tank for the rest of the year. :nerd: :nerd: Just let Rocket continue to set him self up. It will be even better the more he talks. :p

ccmom
10-23-2009, 09:29 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DaHop...while I'm thinking about it...that Tiger in the background of my signature is the one I thought you were referring to the other night. That's why I was looking the wrong way!!

Hope everyone has safe travels and an injury free game tonight!

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Monsters? Graham has monsters? LOL Good to know that now. We better let the team know before tonight's game.

Your kidding, right? Its a position that is referred to as "monster"...:rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-23-2009, 09:44 AM
DaHop...while I'm thinking about it...that Tiger in the background of my signature is the one I thought you were referring to the other night. That's why I was looking the wrong way!!

Hope everyone has safe travels and an injury free game tonight! Well if you can walked over to that Tiger when this picture was taken we could have had a meet and greet, I was in that group of men. :kiss:

hollywood
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Your kidding, right? Its a position that is referred to as "monster"...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah... Graham plays a monster. Is that a football term? We don't play football or know anything about it here in Brownwood.:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah... Graham plays a monster. Is that a football term? We don't play football or know anything about it here in Brownwood.:rolleyes:

You acted like you didn't know. Geez- sensitive, aren't we? Getting a little tense early in the day. Still have a while to go before game time....:thinking:

BwdLions
10-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I guess there are lots of teams that still use the "monster position." Most use it as an extra LB that will alternate sides, depending on which side is the strong side for that particular play. If you have a safety that is a stout kid and a good tackler, that'd even be better (IMO). I don't know that Brownwood has ever used a player in that capacity.

hollywood
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
You acted like you didn't know. Geez- sensitive, aren't we? Getting a little tense early in the day. Still have a while to go before game time....:thinking:

You're stressing me out RWB! You're stressing me out... :D

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the game tonight so here's my take on the game. I'll listen to the best game caller Dallas Houston from Stephenville.

Graham will have a short ride to Gordon Wood Stadium and a long ride home. I expect a very physical game from both defenses. If the Lions can get pressure on McCoy and slow down the RB, it won't be close and it's going to be an even longer ride home for Graham. If Graham can contain Shipley and stop Brownwoods running game, the Lions will be facing a close one. I really don't look for a high scoring game, but then again, anything could happen. Look at the Red River Shootout last week. It's going to come down to the team with the fewest turnovers.

I do wish all from Graham a safe drive to and from Brownwood.

Go Lions!

pirate4state
10-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I did not read it that way either. The way I read it was when
Beast and I said we werent going to make the meet and greet, she decided that she would just stay home and listen to the radio. Guess she figured she did not want to suffer the drive home after the loss if she did not at least get to see my smiling face again..... cant say that I blame her... hell, I am a looker! LOL when I first read this I swear I saw "hooker" instead of "looker" :D :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I guess there are lots of teams that still use the "monster position." Most use it as an extra LB that will alternate sides, depending on which side is the strong side for that particular play. If you have a safety that is a stout kid and a good tackler, that'd even be better (IMO). I don't know that Brownwood has ever used a player in that capacity.

Some teams have monster (s)...:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM
You're stressing me out RWB! You're stressing me out... :D

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the game tonight so here's my take on the game. I'll listen to the best game caller Dallas Houston from Stephenville.

Graham will have a short ride to Gordon Wood Stadium and a long ride home. I expect a very physical game from both defenses. If the Lions can get pressure on McCoy and slow down the RB, it won't be close and it's going to be an even longer ride home for Graham. If Graham can contain Shipley and stop Brownwoods running game, the Lions will be facing a close one. I really don't look for a high scoring game, but then again, anything could happen. Look at the Red River Shootout last week. It's going to come down to the team with the fewest turnovers.

I do wish all from Graham a safe drive to and from Brownwood.

Go Lions!

And thank you for wishing us a safe trip... I look forward to a good trip there and an even happier one home.:)

BwdLions
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM
And thank you for wishing us a safe trip... I look forward to a good trip there and an even happier one home.:)

Are you saying during tonight's game you'll become a Brownwood Lions fan? That's the only way you'll have a happy trip home. :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Are you saying during tonight's game you'll become a Brownwood Lions fan? That's the only way you'll have a happy trip home. :D

Your silly..... uuummm no- that is not what I was saying and I think if you know that..:thinking: :rolleyes:

hollywood
10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Are you saying during tonight's game you'll become a Brownwood Lions fan? That's the only way you'll have a happy trip home. :D :iagree:

RWB, you'll have "Welcome to the Jungle" stuck in your head all the way home. Enjoy!

Lion_Addict
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
LOL when I first read this I swear I saw "hooker" instead of "looker" :D :D :D

Thinkin that's what he mean't to actually say Rita. He's been the resident "Man-Hooker" here for years...... :eek: :D

Lion_Addict
10-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, as "Dallas Houston" would say......"Lions win, Lions win, Lions win"!!!

;)

ccmom
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
:iagree:

RWB, you'll have "Welcome to the Jungle" stuck in your head all the way home. Enjoy!

He's right, RWB....it will be stuck in your head. It was stuck in mine after our trip there....probably because that rock star entrance was the most impressive thing I saw from the Lions all evening. :cool:

Seriously, though....I really do like that production! :thumbsup:

ccmom
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Oh yeah, as "Dallas Houston" would say......"Lions win, Lions win, Lions win"!!!

;)

Who the heck are you and what do you know? :rolleyes: ;)

Lion_Addict
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Who the heck are you and what do you know? :rolleyes: ;)

I has da bad case of the amnesia, and nots know nuttin..... :cool:

ccmom
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I has da bad case of the amnesia, and nots know nuttin..... :cool: Perfect! You'll still fit right in with the other boys in burgundy or maroon or whatever :taunt: :thumbsup:

Forgive me Lions.....this Breckenridge week is killing me and I have to find some fun somewhere! ;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-23-2009, 01:56 PM
:iagree:

Great, one of my favs..... along with 'Mr. Brownstone'- which sounds like you boys have had alot of that going on this week with all the talk you have been putting out!!!;)

Bullaholic
10-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Perfect! You'll still fit right in with the other boys in burgundy or maroon or whatever :taunt: :thumbsup:

Forgive me Lions.....this Breckenridge week is killing me and I have to find some fun somewhere! ;)

Don't apologize,ccmom---Lion season never closes, and 'Rocket ripping' is a recognized 3ADL sport. :D

SWAS009
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Graham all the way, just like Jordan said in the pep rally, Moufasa dies. As so will the Brownwood Lions!

SWAS009
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
There is a certain QB (who shall remain nameless) that is no doubt a good player...but is vastly overrated due to the success of a sibling. He shall be exposed when he meets a team that wears purple as one of their colors.;)

Even so, I'll have to go with Graham in a much closer game than expected. However, Brownwood is by no means a bad team and should have a chance to get the win if they get into the backfield with the aforementioned QB..

Don't mouth Queso, he can't help he has to follow in his brothers footsteps. Name me one quarterback when under pressure doesn't get a little bit rattled, then mouth him. He's one of the best Graham has ever had. Back of our boy.:hand:

Rocket
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SWAS009
Graham all the way, just like Jordan said in the pep rally, Moufasa dies. As so will the Brownwood Lions!

LOL I can't stop laughing at this.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM

ccmom
10-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Ok Red....you kinda ruin my post when I quote you and then you delete what you said! :mad: :mad:

DaHop72
10-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
. Too slow Red.:devil: :devil: I bet you do if you are a football player who has to travel. :doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
Ok Red....you kinda ruin my post when I quote you and then you delete what you said! :mad: :mad:

Haha! I cracked up when I saw you quoted my period with another
question.

DaHop72
Ok Red....you kinda ruin my post when I quote you and then you delete what you said! :mad: :mad: GMTA ccmom but you can still make it work. :D :D

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Too slow Red.:devil: :devil: I bet you do if you are a football player who has to travel. :doh: :doh:

Was that a light bulb that just lit up above my head? :doh: :D

Rocket
10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Blah, blah, blah everyone has to prepare special for Brownwood because they are the only real team in the district. :rolleyes: :D I'm sure Coach Sandifer put his entire year into that one game, sure hope Wylie has something left in the tank for the rest of the year. :nerd: :nerd:

Putting words in my mouth now? Where did I say any of that?

hollywood
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, about 7 hours from now Graham will be watching their district championship slipping away at the mercy of the mighty Lions. Wylie will then put it all in perspective for them next week. :p

BwdLions
10-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Perfect! You'll still fit right in with the other boys in burgundy or maroon or whatever. ;)

This coming from a fan of team that wears purple and yeller. :ack!:

DaHop72
10-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Putting words in my mouth now? Where did I say any of that?

The BAD thing about being Brownwood is we get the best of all these teams because of who we are. Snyder gets the sloppy seconds and still gets blanked. LOL

Right. We got Wylie after 2 weeks of thinking about us and studying us and preparing on the practice field for us. Then they had to come to Snyder? What a letdown. Yes, you got Wylie's sloppy seconds. And still couldn't score.
I don't know where I got that Rocket, I guess sometimes my imagination just runs wild. :D :D

Rocket
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't know where I got that Rocket, I guess sometimes my imagination just runs wild. :D :D

No I didn't say that. I said if a team like Wylie has 2 weeks to prepare for Brownwood, the same intensity will not be in place for Snyder. It is a letdown. Brownwood is a bigger name than Snyder. We will always get the best a team has.

BEAST
10-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Breaking news...............................

Graham is gonna get dankey stomped tonight!!!

BEAST

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Great, one of my favs..... along with 'Mr. Brownstone'- which sounds like you boys have had alot of that going on this week with all the talk you have been putting out!!!;) That whole CD rocks.:D

:cool: It came out a few years after Brownwood won their last title :thinking: I think :confused:

hollywood
10-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Appetite for Destruction... yep, that's the theme for tonight.

garciap77
10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
LOL when I first read this I swear I saw "hooker" instead of "looker" :D :D :D

I think I saw the same thing!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hotsluttokio1L48.jpg

garciap77
10-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Thinkin that's what he mean't to actually say Rita. He's been the resident "Man-Hooker" here for years...... :eek: :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garugly.jpg

MacDaddy Garcia at the Wylie/Breck M&G tonight.

sportzman44
10-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
:p :p GRAHAM BY 14 AND LADY BLUES WIN ALSO:clap: :clap:

Lady Blues GOT SWEPT!!

GO BROWNWOOD!!!!!

Luckydawg
10-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Is anyone doing an update on the graham game

BwdLion73
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
First quarter just ended. 0-0 Graham has been inside Brownoods 10 twice and was held both times on 4th down. Brownwood one possession down to the Graham 30 and threw and interception.

BwdLion73
10-23-2009, 08:10 PM
7 minutes left in the half. Touchdown Brownwood. 7-0 Brownwood.

Luckydawg
10-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks

BwdLion73
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
1:28 minutes left in the half 14-0 Brownwood

BwdLion73
10-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Half time 14 - 0 Brownwood

Trashman
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garugly.jpg

MacDaddy Garcia at the Wylie/Breck M&G tonight.

You sure know how to pick'em Garcia!

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone want to change their vote at the half????? I'll say Graham on top, "as it should be".

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
2:30 left in the 3rd---Tied up 14-14

Z-RO
10-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Just got a call 21-14 Wood 7 mins left, Wood ball

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 10:05 PM
4:11 left 28-21 Bwood

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
2:36 left Bwood punts

garciap77
10-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Rocket at the Hobbs Homecoming dance! GO ROCKET GO!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHomecomingDance.jpg :D

garciap77
10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
You sure know how to pick'em Garcia!

Thanks Trashman!:D

;)

But at least I'm not GAY!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/YesImGayRocket.jpg

P.S. Congrats ROCKET!:D

Z-RO
10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Graham scores with 2.4 secs to make it 27-28.......then has the extra point blocked.

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Brownwood wins 28-27:mad: :mad: :foul: :foul: :foul:

Now we know how B-Port felt. Oh well Good game Bwood.

Z-RO
10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Heard Graham had the ball twice within the B-wood 10 in the 1st qtr and didnt kick their FG's...hmmmmmm looking back that bit them in the butt.

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Dang it--- Snyder Sucks :D

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
We couldn't catch a cold in the 1st half!

Trashman
10-23-2009, 10:46 PM

;)

:fnypost: :spitlol:That is the funniest picture I have ever seen! Now you know why I don't do meet and greets! :fnypost: :spitlol:

Rocket
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
We couldn't catch a cold in the 1st half!

That's ok, Shipley caught enough for both teams.

Rocket
10-23-2009, 10:53 PM

;)

Dude...LOL

garciap77
10-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
:fnypost: :spitlol:That is the funniest picture I have ever seen! Now you know why I don't do meet and greets! :fnypost: :spitlol:

I would not put your picture here unless you put my picture here! I have lots of posters pictures, but you don't see them all in here! Congrats on your win! Now Graham is going to MAD, so we better be ready. I don't remember ever winning at their House!

P.S. Hey! If you want, I can hook you up with her sister!:D

Rocket
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Brownwood wins 28-27:mad: :mad: :foul: :foul: :foul:

Now we know how B-Port felt. Oh well Good game Bwood.

Good game Graham. You guys are a good and dangerous team. Well deserving of the State Ranking.

Shutting out Graham in the first half was powerful. We are peaking right on time. :D

Rocket
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I would not put your picture here unless you put my picture here! I have lots of posters pictures, but you don't see them all in here! Congrats on your win! Now Graham is going to MAD, so we better be ready. I don't remember ever winning at their House!

P.S. Hey! If you want, I can hook you up with her sister!:D

YOU DREW FIRST BLOOD!

hollywood
10-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Graham, your team is worthy of the state ranking. Unbelieveable finish! Could have easily been OT if not a Graham win. Wish I could have been there.

Good luck with Wylie!

garciap77
10-23-2009, 11:04 PM
YOU DREW FIRST BLOOD!

It's been so long, I can't remember if I did or not! LOL

Who cares! Congrats Rocket!:)

Pendragon13
10-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Holy crap...there goes the showdown of undefeated teams.:( However, gotta give props to the Lions for a great win. A lot of people will be surprised at the outcome...but I watched you guys play Wylie last week and the Lions were one of only two teams that have scored on our first team D all season long. Congrats and good luck for the rest of the season.

Rocket
10-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Shipley 9 Catches for 242 yards and 2 TD's.
McShan (3rd String QB) 381 Yards passing 2 TD's.

McCoy 391 Yards Passing and 4 TD's.

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
That's ok, Shipley caught enough for both teams. [/QUOTE

Anybody has to give that young man a BIG OL Pat on the back he played a hell of a game. When it had to count he was right there!!! Awesome. First half SUCKED, but that 2nd half was some good Friday night football!!!!

hollywood
10-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Just as important, Brownwood's defense put pressure on McCoy and that was a big key to the game. Jaxon had a heck of a game against his buddy.

Inmateboss
10-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I'LL just send a whole box of (FRESH) Moon Pies, and a 6 pac of RC colas, for being such good sports, Rocket whats your home Address.:thinking:

Rocket
10-23-2009, 11:42 PM
You don't have to man... I appreciate the willingness to though. You are a man of your word.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I will be wearing my purple shirt at the Mustang Bowl on Friday Night.

ccmom
10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
You don't have to man... I appreciate the willingness to though. You are a man of your word.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I will be wearing my purple shirt at the Mustang Bowl on Friday Night. PICTURES...We need pictures!!

Rocket
10-23-2009, 11:49 PM
PICTURES...We need pictures!!

I believe that was part of the deal. :)
Maybe we can get a group picture of the M&G with me and the shirt and all the peeps.

Does the shirt have to say... "I didn't listen to Rickadamus"? Just making sure.

ccmom
10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
You'll have to take that up with Rickadamus. Congrats on the win.

Pendragon13
10-24-2009, 12:45 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I will be wearing my purple shirt at the Mustang Bowl on Friday Night. And hope that it's really cold so you can cover it up with a jacket? I have a purple jacket with the Wylie logo that I can offer for the cause.:D

Rocket
10-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SWAS009

Moufasa lives...

Inmateboss
10-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Any injuries-either side? Not banged up but "hurt"???

Move The Chains
10-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Lol. Rocket is being a good sport and a humble winner. I kinda like it.

Congrats Lions! Good luck next week guys! Sounds like McShan is pretty darn good!

trusteer/trublu
10-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Heard Graham had the ball twice within the B-wood 10 in the 1st qtr and didnt kick their FG's...hmmmmmm looking back that bit them in the butt. bit us hard:confused: :confused: :confused:

trusteer/trublu
10-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Well, about 7 hours from now Graham will be watching their district championship slipping away at the mercy of the mighty Lions. Wylie will then put it all in perspective for them next week. :p hod on Slick, the fat lady is still clearing her throat....lets wait untill Concert has started before we start naming the tunes:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

grahampaw
10-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Can we do this again in like 6 weeks...........Good job Lions.

Z-RO
10-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Seriously in a game of this magnitude how do you not take your points? You dont do it once, but TWICE. Not only does that kill your momentum, but it obviously does not put any points on the board either. :confused: :crazy:

RedWhiteBlue
10-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Whew.... what a game! I have to say Congrats to our district brothers. You guys came out and played one heck of a ballgame/ Good luck to you the rest of the season and in the playoffs. And I am so happy to say that Jaxon will be a Longhorn!!! That kid played 'lights out'.
It was good to see you guys at the M & G- I'm just glad no one was taking pictures. Garcia & Rocket- you guys are getting vicious. ROFL:D

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I'LL just send a whole box of (FRESH) Moon Pies, and a 6 pac of RC colas, for being such good sports, Rocket whats your home Address.:thinking:

Just so you know, I was the one that took that bet and I want my damn RC and moon pie....:)

Wow what a game.. I have a few pics to post from a web site, but here is a link of the web site, the guy puts about 100 pretty good pic on there.

http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=594:brownwood-beats-graham-in-thriller-photos&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
This was one of the most amazing catches I have ever seen. I thought the ball was being thrown to the other Bwd player(Luke Chaistain). I saw a Graham kid go up for an obvious interception and out of no where, Jaxon Shipley leaps above everybody and catches the ball at his highest point and we have a 14 point lead.. The kid had springs in his shoes all night!!!

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/grahamarticlepic1.jpg

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I believe this is the ball that was an interception and Shipley just took it away from the Graham defender. This may not be that actual play but he did at one point just take the ball out of the Graham kids hand while both kids were in the air.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_70501.jpg

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Dagger in the heart........ You LH folks can guess who that is blocking the extra point with 2 seconds left in the game... yep, Brownwoods Derick Longoria... here is what he told the Brownwood Bulliten in todays paper

"I tolk Luke (Chaistain) and Jaxon (Shipley) to get the fake, and I'll get the block, and that's what I did. I knew I was going to ge it because I was not about tolose on homecoming. This win was very important to us, it's going to boost our confidence up some more. We just hope we keep on winning and make it to the playoffs"

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_7739b1.jpg

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Coach Bob Shipley and Case McCoy after the game

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77571.jpg

and the final score
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77551.jpg

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
One more thing, before I take a break because I am still excited about the win and could talk about this game all day. With 0.7 seconds left on the clock and a 1 point lead, instead of kneeling the ball, Brownwood throws deep to Shipley (another incredible catch) trying to score before the game was over. Now I was like everybody else and thought "what the H@#$ was that about?" I thought it showed poor sportmanship and maybe even lack of respect for Graham. I was later informed (by BwdLion80)that the attempt was nothing but respect! Respect for Grahams ability to beat Wylie and respect for Snyder against us. Shipley was trying to think ahead for the points tie breaker in case we need it to get into the playoffs. Just thought you Graham folks would want to know why the pass was thrown.

garciap77
10-24-2009, 08:57 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I will be wearing my purple shirt at the Mustang Bowl on Friday Night.

You are the MAN!:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's the ROCKET we know and love!:D

;)

:thinking: I might miss the Graham game!:thinking:

:)

garciap77
10-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Coach Bob Shipley and Case McCoy after the game

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77571.jpg

and the final score
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_77551.jpg

Thanks for the pics L48! Congrats!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the pics L48! Congrats!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey Garcia, Graham is the real deal. If the game would have been any longer we would have lost for sure. In the 4th quarter our defense was completly worn out. We had to call all of our timeouts just to let them catch there breath. At one point we had sacked twice and an incomplete pass for a 4th and 19 deep in our end of the field with less than a minute left. McCoy goes back to pass but everyone is covered. He should have been tackled a couple of times but he is determined to make the 1st. McCoy ran for a about 15 yards and flew for the last 5 to barley pick up the first down and get out of bounds. They scored soon after and if this game had gone into OT, I dont know if I like our chance or not. Watch out Wylie, Graham has the ability to beat anybody!

Looking4number8
10-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Garcia, Graham is the real deal. If the game would have been any longer we would have lost for sure. In the 4th quarter our defense was completly worn out. We had to call all of our timeouts just to let them catch there breath. At one point we had sacked McCoy twice and an incomplete pass for a 4th and 19 deep in our end of the field with less than a minute left. McCoy goes back to pass but everyone is covered. He should have been tackled a couple of times but he is determined to make the 1st. McCoy ran for a about 15 yards and flew for the last 5 to barley pick up the first down and get out of bounds. They scored soon after and if this game had gone into OT, I dont know if I like our chances or not. Watch out Wylie, Graham has the ability to beat anybody!

markp08
10-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Garcia, Graham is the real deal. If the game would have been any longer we would have lost for sure. In the 4th quarter our defense was completly worn out. We had to call all of our timeouts just to let them catch there breath. At one point we had sacked twice and an incomplete pass for a 4th and 19 deep in our end of the field with less than a minute left. McCoy goes back to pass but everyone is covered. He should have been tackled a couple of times but he is determined to make the 1st. McCoy ran for a about 15 yards and flew for the last 5 to barley pick up the first down and get out of bounds. They scored soon after and if this game had gone into OT, I dont know if I like our chance or not. Watch out Wylie, Graham has the ability to beat anybody!

Let's see.....Wylie beat b-wood by 20 and b-wood beat Graham. Wylie over Graham by at least 14. :D

95mustang
10-24-2009, 10:32 AM
I would not put your picture here unless you put my picture here! I have lots of posters pictures, but you don't see them all in here!:D

Don't believe him. I never posted a pic but yet somehow ended up dancing a jig. :thinking: