PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale 28 Elgin 22

tigerpride
09-14-2002, 01:24 AM
Ok, I will say it. I sat here and read all of your non educated BS through the week. NOBODY gave the tigers even a thought of winning. YOU where WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Sure some mistakes led to Elgin scores but the Tigers will be successful. Who woulda thunk it!!!!!

Rockdale beats Elgin.

It seems as if you stop #7 you stop Elgin.

Rockdale Showed tonight that they will come and get you and hit hard , hard, hard.

TIGERPRIDE

tigerSville_04
09-14-2002, 01:31 AM
who is #7?????????

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Attention Caldwell Hornets, even the hometown refs couldn't win it for Elgin tonight.Maybe the normal refs were sick.(lol)

tigerSville_04
09-14-2002, 01:47 AM
what are u talking about?

BellvilleDude
09-14-2002, 09:34 AM
We play elgin this week there

2k3_QB_10
09-14-2002, 10:57 AM
First i would like to say, congradulations Tigers on a successful win, we still have alot to work on, but we came out on top and that's what matters. Second, i would like to tell Elgin that was a hell of a game, they stuck it to us and showed good sportsmanship. Isom isn't a force to be messed with, he is quick and once he gets around the side, it's over. TIgers did a good job containing him after his first touchdowns. CONGRADULATIONS BIG BLUE

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Rockdale you sure surprised me, too! Elgin is not a weak team, I look for them to be bad by Post Season. I think that Rockdale will do fine in District play, also.

KillerBee
09-14-2002, 06:16 PM
Yea, the win over Elgin should make a believer out of doubters. Like Caldwell, though, Rdale is hot then cold, hot then cold. Should be interesting when the two teams meet in a few weeks. Caldwell looked very strong against a vastly-improved Hearne team (looked like the Hearne of the 80's) with all sorts of speedsters. Caldwell's offense is really clicking - balanced air and ground game for the first time in many years. Even with Mike Stone it was a one-man sideshow, but not this year. We should all gear for Marlin. They warm up with bigger schools which is smart before district. You and us play Smithville, which really isn't good prep but we play Giddings before district, so we'll see.
Anyway, congrats. Bellville must be AWFULLY good!

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 12:44 AM
The game friday was good. The freshman game held in Elgin was good even though the refs sucks and didn't call clipping or ne thing on them except off-sides on the offence. So if yall play Elgin watch the refs and the same way with them. That's why one of the Elgin guys hurt one of the Rockdale JV people bye a clip. It bruised his spine and is out for two weeks. Watch out for #30 on the freshman team he is cold. =P

------------------
~¤Prime Time¤~
Casey Lane

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 12:46 AM
How can you give Caldwell credit for beating Hearne. Everyteam in the old 18aaa district used to stomp on them and they chose a easy oponent for there homecoming just so they could win. They don't look for a challenge.

------------------
~¤Prime Time¤~
Casey Lane

BigBrother70
09-15-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by rhs_wr_06:
The game friday was good. The freshman game held in Elgin was good even though the refs sucks and didn't call clipping or ne thing on them except off-sides on the offence. So if yall play Elgin watch the refs and the same way with them. That's why one of the Elgin guys hurt one of the Rockdale JV people bye a clip. It bruised his spine and is out for two weeks. Watch out for #30 on the freshman team he is cold. =P

I would limit my comments to facts Mr Lane, you never know who is watching

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Oh Gawd, another Rockdale smart-ass?
Listen up, fool. Judging team's on their success or lack thereof from years past wouldn't be a good sign for Rockdale, now would it? Just because Hearne was weak in recent years doesn't mean diddly squat under a new coach (his last name is Slaughter, nephew of A&M Consolidated head coach) and he is turning that program around so keep your demeaning and condescending comments to yourself and focus on beating Cameron, something you can NEVER do to save your life (**smug grin**).
By the way, the two teams Hearne blasted before losing to Caldwell, have won their other games decisively - and they're not all smaller schools. In other news flashes, Liberty Hill has shut out its two opponents following its come-from-behind gift-wrapped win over Caldwell, 34-27, in Week ZERO. That team will compete for second place behind Burnet, my pick for the Division I state crown if it beats Bellville and Sinton in playoffs.
Go watch Hearne in your open week and then tell me its the same ole' Hearne. Hearne and Caldwell play because of proximity and Hearne will contend for a playoff spot behind Rosebud-Lott and McGregor - two teams that could beat the snot out of most 3A programs. Its big game this week will be with Mart which should be a game of the week in 2A.
I was born in Bellville - GO BRAHMAS GO!

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by rhs_wr_06:
How can you give Caldwell credit for beating Hearne. Everyteam in the old 18aaa district used to stomp on them and they chose a easy oponent for there homecoming just so they could win. They don't look for a challenge.

when Hearne beats Mart on friday then you will SEE that this team is for real not the same Hearne as last year nor is Caldwell. Hearne is big & very very fast.