PDA

View Full Version : Turn out the Lights - the Party's Over

PhiI C
12-07-2003, 10:07 AM
At least hopefully for the BCS Division 1 football championship format. It is a mess now and that is just what I wanted. Division 1 needs to have a playoff system like Division 2 and forget those bowls. You need to have more than two teams in the chase for obvious reasons. In Division 1 they take the top 16 teams and it is decided in the playoffs on the field and not just by someone's personal fabricated power program (and I don't have to tell you about many so called "computer" mistakes usually by the programer)made up by people most of us never heard of. What a mess. I love it. Kansas State may have in the long run hopefully woke up Division 1 football. I hope we have another mess next year too. I love it! Controversy over BCS and well it should be. :)

sinton66
12-07-2003, 10:14 AM
I agree 100%. It's time for a real playoff system. It is possible to still involve the various bowl games in a playoff format. The championship and lower games could be done on a rotational basis. The bowl games are all about big bucks, more would be earned if it were a real playoff system.

BigChamp05
12-07-2003, 08:50 PM
How would you choose the teams to go to the play-offs. There are just too many teams, and too many teams that are capable of winning big games.

sinton66
12-07-2003, 08:55 PM
First of all, the NCAA could do exactly the same as the Texas UIL does for high schools. Organize the nation's D1 colleges into conferences and let each of them determine their own champion. Then, have four rounds of playoffs getting to the fifth game with that being the national Championship. The esisting bowl games could be used as elimination rounds on a rotational basis.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

jason
12-07-2003, 08:57 PM
BigChamp05:
How would you choose the teams to go to the play-offs. There are just too many teams, and too many teams that are capable of winning big games.just use the BCS point system and take the top 16, draw for first round matchups and let em play....thats how DII does it...

Brahma73
12-07-2003, 11:30 PM
PhiI C:
At least hopefully for the BCS Division 1 football championship format. It is a mess now and that is just what I wanted. Division 1 needs to have a playoff system like Division 2 and forget those bowls. You need to have more than two teams in the chase for obvious reasons. In Division 1 they take the top 16 teams and it is decided in the playoffs on the field and not just by someone's personal fabricated power program (and I don't have to tell you about many so called "computer" mistakes usually by the programer)made up by people most of us never heard of. What a mess. I love it. Kansas State may have in the long run hopefully woke up Division 1 football. I hope we have another mess next year too. I love it! Controversy over BCS and well it should be. :) How many $$$$ did that K-State win cost the Horns? Geez! That sucks!! Maybe if they'd have a 256 team play-off, my Ags could get aboard. If the UIL was running the thing, that might happen eek!

Phil C
12-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Jason is right. The top 16 teams would get the bids and bowls could rotate on the hosting. Basically there would be 15 bowl games that would be used for it. Since there are now well over that number there would be pleanty of bowls for other teams to have good matchups. Also there could be more bowls added due to obviou$ reasons so other teams could be added to other bowls.

St. Ivender
12-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Phil C:
Jason is right. The top 16 teams would get the bids and bowls could rotate on the hosting. Basically there would be 15 bowl games that would be used for it. Since there are now well over that number there would be pleanty of bowls for other teams to have good matchups. Also there could be more bowls added due to obviou$ reasons so other teams could be added to other bowls.Like UT needs the money. UT would have been playing K-State themselves if they had taken care of OU like K-State did.

The 64 team format that basketball uses seams like a good number. There's going to be politics in ANY system but there must be a playoff system implemented soon.

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 01:48 PM
jason:

BigChamp05:
How would you choose the teams to go to the play-offs. There are just too many teams, and too many teams that are capable of winning big games.just use the BCS point system and take the top 16, draw for first round matchups and let em play....thats how DII does it...Ditto!

onfirebball05mustang
12-08-2003, 01:52 PM
twas a good movie wasn't it? hehe, i have a mental problem, but GO MANOR!!!!