PDA

View Full Version : District 24 AAA Thoughts

OldBison75
10-17-2009, 02:31 PM
As of today:
Caldwell is undefeated in district play and has already beaten Navasota by a score of 14-0.

Navasota has the one loss to Caldwell and an impressive win over Rockdale by 41-13.

Rockdale has only the one loss to Navasota so far and plays Caldwell at home this week.

Cameron, Madisonville, and Taylor all have 2 District losses.

Rudder does not have a district win.

It is very possible that the top three could all end the regular season with one district loss if Rockdale can bounce back against Caldwell this week. That would put Navasota as Division 1 and Rockdale with the top seed in Division 2 with Caldwell the runner-up in Division 2.

These three teams are all very capable of good things in the playoffs, but all must really be careful with the opening week bye and not be flat in the round 2 games.

Caldwell has proven that they can dominate when they play at the top of thier game and the only weakness I see is that they may need a more effective passing game in the playoffs.

Rockdale has the type defense to control the line of scrimmage against a primarily running team. On offense the Tiger have all the tools to be really good if they can maintain some consistency. The Rockdale QB is a great athlete and has a rocket for an arm.

Navasota has a great athlete and leader in the QB position and the team plays as well as he plays in any game. They have two capable running backs that can surprise defenses at any time. Rockdale saw the talent of the receiving corps when there were a couple of great catches in traffic by the Rattler passing game. Defensively the Rattler have been the most impressive this year.

Right now, I believe that all three of these teams have the ability to go into the third round of the playoffs, but that will not be easy as the first teams they see will likely be from the WOS and Silsbee district.

trojandad
10-17-2009, 02:42 PM
if they all ended up tied, does anyone know how they would determine playoff positions? i know navasota would go D1 but do they determine the D2 order on point spreads or other means?