PDA

View Full Version : Prosper Celina Game thoughts

PHOP
10-17-2009, 09:44 AM
When I found out that this years game was to be held in Celina I could not believe it. I had major doubts that that Bobcat Stadium could handle the crowds. You know I was wrong! Hats off the Celina Principle and his leadership- I even saw him at the entrance ensuring it was a positive experience for all; oh yeah he was also crowd control. Kudos to CISD; you hosted a major event very well...sure you don't hear it enough...Thanks

Coach Ford and team best of luck for the rest of the season.

I echo Coach Scott's sentiments from the Dallas Morning News “Good Night to be an Eagle” - Good Night to be an Eagle Fan/Parent.

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

PHOP
10-17-2009, 10:08 AM
The O line proved themselves this week. Celina had 8 or 9 in the box almost every play. Sometimes the Prosper line lost the battle but by the fourth their persistance paid off.

The D for Prosper took it to a different level in the second half - OH MY...Man beast Drew Miller led the way - D line killed Celina's O line.

EaglesVoice
10-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow! That was a lot of fun. When a game as big as this one goes to the end of the 4th quarter TIED at 14, you just don't know what to think. All of our questions concerning why we were running it up the middle into the teeth of the Celina Defense were answered when Padilla broke free for an 86 yard scamper to the endzone. After that, it was "Katy Bar the DOOR". Hats off to the O-Line for a huge full game effort. They persisted and it paid off.

Celina and their fans were mostly gracious in defeat save for their not letting Prosper fans/parents on the fied after the game. Were they concerned about us putting divots in their ARTIFICIAL TURF?? Anyway, that misstep not withstanding, I was very proud of our "unproven" offense for amassing a significant amount of yardage and even more significant number of points.

LETS GO EAGLES!!

lostaussie
10-17-2009, 10:37 AM
its not unusual for parents to not be let on the field after the game??? i wouldn't let that spoil a great night for the eagles. enjoy the w and don't sweat the small stuff. congrats to the eagles..............Santa was in the house sending me plenty of updates:D

shamu85
10-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by EaglesVoice

Celina and their fans were mostly gracious in defeat save for their not letting Prosper fans/parents on the fied after the game. Were they concerned about us putting divots in their ARTIFICIAL TURF??

That is more than likely a district wide rule. Most district executive committees have policies that do not allow "unauthorized" people on the field after the games. Fans for sure are unauthorized, parents probably too.

BobcatBenny
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
That is more than likely a district wide rule. Most district executive committees have policies that do not allow "unauthorized" people on the field after the games. Fans for sure are unauthorized, parents probably too.
I think it was just wise peace keeping practices. ;)

Congrats to Prosper.

And ... I still haven't given up on this installment of the Bobcats, but they are in for the scrap of their lives to make the playoffs now. Buckle up the chin straps tight on those orange helmets!

Keep making your community proud. There is still a lot of football left to be played. You have the tools and the talent. Drink a little more of the orange punch and BELIEVE!

Tired ole Bobcat
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Congratulations to the Eagles on their victory over Celina!

This is how I see this district order of finish. Prosper, Celina and Argyle all at 4-1. Here is how this happens. Prosper wins out. Celina goes to Argyle for their last district game and wins. This puts Celina and Argyle both at 4-1 along with Prosper. Prosper goes as Div I Champ because of size, Celina will go as Division II Champs (defeated Argyle) and Argyle goes as Division II runner up. As Bobcat Benny said, Celina will have to scrap for everything we get. I am being very optimistic that Celina will win its last three games, Gainesville, Whitesboro and Argyle.

;)

orange machine
10-17-2009, 10:00 PM
My hat is off to Prosper they have a really good team and have a great program. Celina still has a lot of unanswered questions as to what is going on with the defense. 3 huge runs up the middle can't happen something has to change.

ssgmp5150
10-18-2009, 09:28 AM
It is very possible for a three way tie for 1st place in this district as Celina could beat Argyle, but I am not sure that will happen. Man, what a super competitive district! No doubt, there could potentially be two state champions out of this district! I think Argyle beats Celina this year and wins the outright district championship. Possible DI State Champ-Prosper and DII State Champ-Argyle.....Wow! I know it is a long way away yet and there is still a lot of football to be played between now and then, but the possibility is there. Unbelievable district. Congrats to Prosper!

PPSTATEBOUND
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
:D

ssgmp5150
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Pretty quiet on here from both Prosper and Celina fans....hmmm

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Pretty quiet on here from both Prosper and Celina fans....hmmm :evillol:

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Pretty quiet on here from both Prosper and Celina fans....hmmm

Oh they'll all be back come playoff time--I don't think there is very much of a chance of Argyle, Prosper, and Celina missing the playoffs, unless something really unexpected happens.

orange machine
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Celina will be fine, I think Argyle woke up the Giant Eagle. My thoughts on the game is that Celina and Prosper played very hard and both teams knocked each other around for three and half quarters. When Prosper scored the 86 yard touchdown with there fullback with 6 something minutes on the clock Celina had to start passing more. Everybody knows that Celina is not a passing threat so all Prosper had to do was drop back in coverage and stop the short stuff which they did very well. Celina needed to jump on them early and then play good defense. The defense gave up way to many long touchdown runs and it cost Celina the game. Prosper does what Prosper does and plays smart football and takes advantage of your mistakes. I expect Prosper to get back to the semis and have another clash with Wylie. I think Celina will be fine as long as the defense stops giving up the big plays and they will compete for another title.

eagle12
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
i think you are right about the argyle loss waking prosper up, they came out way more fired up against celina then they did against argyle... Very good battle though between celina and prosper for three quarters, prosper got the big plays when they needed them

orange machine
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Well lets hope that this loss will wake Celina up like last season. I still cant get over giving up 24 points in such a short time freakin mind blowing.

eagle12
10-19-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah, the 24 points was a bit of a shock. But yeah hopefully so i wish yall the best of luck, maybe you guys can get those argyle eagles for us ;)

SHSBulldog00
10-20-2009, 12:31 AM
The score did shock me. I was thinking maybe a TD would be the difference.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
The score did shock me. I was thinking maybe a TD would be the difference.

Well i think everybody thought that also until the 4th quarter. The game was awsome and i mean close hard hitting game and bang its like the lights went out on the Bobcats.

Twirling Time
10-20-2009, 03:31 AM
All Celina needs to do right now is worry about Gainesville. The last thing Celina wants to do is go into Argyle having to win to make the playoffs. If they beat Gainesville and Whitesboro, the Argyle game will be just for seeding.

charlesrixey
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
All Celina needs to do right now is worry about Gainesville. The last thing Celina wants to do is go into Argyle having to win to make the playoffs. If they beat Gainesville and Whitesboro, the Argyle game will be just for seeding.

Celina is still one of the top 5 teams in the region; probably no. 2 if they beat Argyle. Going up to Gainesville can be tricky, but given the problems the Leopards had with Sanger they will struggle even more

PHOP
10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Celina in my not so humble opinion is a harder hitting much more aggressive team than Argyle. That can cause a problem with a passing team like Argyle and/or that can be exposed by a passing team like Argyle.

Obviously we want our friends to the north to win - honestly Celina is a better team but then again so is Prosper and we still lost to Argyle.

Good luck

Pick6
10-20-2009, 08:33 AM
[Q
Obviously we want our friends to the north to win - honestly Celina is a better team but then again so is Prosper and we still lost to Argyle.

Good luck [/B][/QUOTE]

The score board doesn't lie and it said Argyle was the better team against Prosper.

Send_the_House
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Gainesville, unfortunately, is finished without their Stud Franklin.

firstdown
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
Celina in my not so humble opinion is a harder hitting much more aggressive team than Argyle. That can cause a problem with a passing team like Argyle and/or that can be exposed by a passing team like Argyle.

Good luck

Prosper is not better than Argyle. We won on both sides of the ball. Our Offense is better than your Defense. Our Defense is better than your Offense.The score board and stats prove it. Prosper is not anywhere close to the team they were last year. Accept that a team is your better and try to be as gracious in a loss as you are in a win. Maybe you should take a lesson from your "neighbors to the north"
If we played again we would whup you again.

bowleghorses
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Cocky huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

bowleghorses
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
:D :D :D

Fridayfanatic
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Never heard of a 3 point win being called a whoopin. Someone needs to take a look at tape and watch a certain fumble into an endzone and 3 referees letting one over rule them. I'm personally glad you were able to win (with help) because it gave us a wake up call for the really important game. Your defense was great that night, your offense was good, and hopefully Celina will teach you humility.

firstdown
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Fridayfanatic
Never heard of a 3 point win being called a whoopin. Someone needs to take a look at tape and watch a certain fumble into an endzone and 3 referees letting one over rule them. I'm personally glad you were able to win (with help) because it gave us a wake up call for the really important game. Your defense was great that night, your offense was good, and hopefully Celina will teach you humility.

I'm not the one that needs the lesson. I'm just tired of excuses when you get beat. I don't make any when we lose. Get over it and go play.

utbound
10-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Prosper played a awesome game and I sure enjoyed watching them!! Although a Celina fan they were
truly beat on both sides of the ball!! Wow I believe I saw another state championship team winner in division I for 2009-- Good Luck Eagles

bowleghorses
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Thats what I'm talking about...:eek:

orange machine
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
A guy i know that is a coach in Anna said that Prosper controlled the game against Argyle and that Prosper should have won the game, but made some mistakes that Argyle was able to turn in there favor. Before you hammer me firstdown this is not my opinion, but and opionion from a coach im just saying what was told to me.

firstdown
10-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Here are the statistics from the Prosper game. We had 342 yards against their defense. They had 188 against ours. That's why I called it a whupp'n.

Team Statistics

P A

First downs 8 18

Rushing 36-160 32-177

Passing yards 28 165

Total yards 188 342

Passing 4-13-1 18-34-1

Fumbles-lost 1-1 3-0

Punts-avg 8-35.2 6-36.5

Penalties 3-25 6-60

here is the link for the write up

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/highschools/football/stories/DRC_argylefootball_1010.2004398cd.html

orange machine
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah it looks like yall handled them pretty well from what the stats say.

firstdown
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
60 yards of their rushing came on one play. They were under 60 yards total at the half.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
All of Prosper offense aginst Celina came on big plays aswell. There offense is not gonna pound the ball down teams throat, but they do have enough speed if they get into the open they are gone.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Anybody know the stats for the Celina Prosper game?

Fridayfanatic
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Come on FirstDown, you know as well as anyone how close that game was. If your in your right mind you'll count your team lucky that Prosper is likely to end up D1 and not get an opportunity to play Argyle again on neutral turf. So sad that you can't get away from Celina no matter what you do. I'll be the first to say I'd much rather play Argyle again then Celina.

firstdown
10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Come on FirstDown, you know as well as anyone how close that game was. If your in your right mind you'll count your team lucky that they'll likely end up D2 and not have to play Prosper again on neutral turf. So sad that you can't get away from Celina no matter what you do. I'll be the first to say I'd much rather play Argyle again then Celina.

Prosper is a one dimensional offense. You had 28 yards passing. I promise you that Argyle is not worried about Prosper neutral field or at your place. That being said the game is over we won and now we have a good Sanger team to contend with. Good luck to you guys.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Well from everything that i have seen and heard from both Prosper and Argyle is that both teams are dang good and both have a chance and winning a title this year. In saying that if Celina can fix a few things with the defense i think Celina will be the hunt aswell. I believe in my opinion that the hardest team Celina will play from here on out is Argyle and i mean Argyle in 3 weeks and then Argyle again in the playoffs. If Celina can beat Argyle then i think they will have a great chance at making it to the state championship.

eagle12
10-20-2009, 06:26 PM
just because your stats were good does not mean you dominated the game.... game was close the whole way, you never just knocked prospers teeth in, we had a chance to win in the 4th but a fumble cost us the game. Saying you dominated the game is a little far-fetched imo, but we did lose the game and argyle is a very good team

PHOP
10-20-2009, 08:34 PM

Amen

PHOP
10-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Well from everything that i have seen and heard from both Prosper and Argyle is that both teams are dang good and both have a chance and winning a title this year. In saying that if Celina can fix a few things with the defense i think Celina will be the hunt aswell. I believe in my opinion that the hardest team Celina will play from here on out is Argyle and i mean Argyle in 3 weeks and then Argyle again in the playoffs. If Celina can beat Argyle then i think they will have a great chance at making it to the state championship.

Hate to repeat myself- Celina is better

Hey if you are so darn good Argyle go Div 1 3A; we would love to have a chance at you again- hear me on this you would loose big time.

I thank argyle for waking the sleeping GIANT

Pick6
10-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Hey if you are so darn good Argyle go Div 1 3A; we would love to have a chance at you again- hear me on this you would loose big time.

Does Argyle really have a choice to go D1 or D2? I thought stupidity stopped at Celina, I guess it goes a little more south than that.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 09:14 PM

I hope your right, you should know since you have seen both teams play this year.

bigwood33
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Anybody know the stats for the Celina Prosper game?

FrstDwn RushYds PassYds Pass Punt-Avg Pnlty Fmb-Lost
Prosper 10 32-327 51 4-10-0 3-32.0 4-42 1-0
Celina 13 41-264 71 7-14-1 4-43.3 5-45 1-1

It doesn't all line up perfectly but I think you can tell what everything is. I copied and pasted it from the Dallas Morning News webite.

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 10:51 PM
You "homers" kill me. Celina is only better than Argyle because Prosper beat them. A realistic person would tell you that certainly the game was not as close as 17-14. Argyle's defense smothered Prosper on every play except 1, and that was the one that put them over 100 yards of offense. There was only 3-4 other plays where Prosper got even 5 yards. That, in my book, is getting dominated. The "waking giant" had a whole football game to wake up, and couldn't get it done. A "state champion" would have.
Will Argyle beat Celina? Don't know, that one still has to be played. But they did beat Prosper. You might want to remember that Prosper was State Champs last year, not this year. Prosper is very beatable for anyone that can pass and play disciplined defense.
Now I will admit that Prosper has a better punter than Argyle, but that's all.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
GO EAGLES GO GO EAGLES GO!!!

eagle12
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
i thought this was a celina and prosper thread? :confused:

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
PHOP doesn't seem to think so.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Its obvious there is alot of tension on who is the best team in this district. I think we should just go back to the normal way where Celina kicks every teams butt. ;)

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
One thing about this district it will get you ready for the playoffs thats for sure. I think all 3 teams Celina, Prosper and Argyle will have a good showing in the playoffs this year. I also think that Celina and Argyle will meet twice this year.

eagle12
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
yeah, i think your right. All three teams will represent 9-3a very well...

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
I think it will be a whole lot of fun finding out who the best is, here in a couple of weeks. Not too often that you can get excited about playing Celina.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Here is a good question for both eagles teams, what do yall think yall will be like next year? I know Argyle graduates alot of filks this year and generally its tough to replace alot of starters. Prosper i know graduates some big time players aswell. As far as Celina is concerned most of the oline and dline are back, most of the backfield is back.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I dont no about either of your teams, but i think Celina will be much better next year. Alot of returning starters and alot of good jv talent will be moving up.

eagle12
10-20-2009, 11:17 PM
well, prosper is graduating many key players on defense and offense... somewhere between 6-8 on each side of the ball

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Thats gonna hurt losing that many starters.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I believe Celina has to replace 3 on offense and 3 or 4 on defense.

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Argyle's coaches are pretty creative. So I don't think that it will be an awful year next year. If the district stays the same, I think they will make the playoffs, but as the 3rd place team. Probably one year down a little, but then really strong after that for a few years. There are great kids coming up, but there is quite a bit of talent being lost with this senior class. What about Prosper?

eagle12
10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
yeah, but there is alot of talent on the jv and freshmen teams. Both teams are currently undefeated, so i think we will be okay

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I think Celina's biggest issue going into next season is at qb. We have two brothers right now Jacob and brooks stephenson that will i believe compete for the starting job. Jacob has a strong arm, but not a great runner, where Brooks has a good arm and can run aswell. Jacob will be a senior and Brooks a sophmore so i really dont have a clue who it will be. Im not sure of anybody else that will give them a run for the job.

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
I would think that in Celina's offense that the younger brother would give you more of what you guys do. Experience might hurt a little, but you guys have had tremendous success playing very young guys.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see them both playing qb next year. Im just ready to get Cody back in there. I believe he will be starting this week for us so he will have a good 3 weeks to get ready for you Argyle Eagles, we have missed him very bad.

BLACK ATTACK
10-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear he is back for the kid's sake. He is a great player and deserves to play. I would have prefferred he come back week 1 of the playoffs. LOL

orange machine
10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah he is a great leader and the boys will play hard for him. I hope he has a break out game against the Eagles.

Sittin & Fishin
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I believe Celina has to replace 3 on offense and 3 or 4 on defense.

Several players have jumped between offense and defense this year, so it is hard to know how many starters (seniors) Celina will be losing. Cody Sandler, Chad Hawley, Parker Donald, etc. Are they considered offensive players or defensive?

The loss of so many key players last year seems to have left a lot of questions for this team, and answers have been hard to come by with so many injuries to this years squad.

coachkiss
10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Offense - QB, and both guards
Defense - E, MLB, both corners, and strong safety/LB

The defenses loses a lot, but it has the potential to be better. The JV strength lies more on the defensive side of the ball. Celina will have tremendous defensive depth next year.

The QB position will probably be manned by a Stephenson. The guards I'm not sure about.

orange machine
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Several players have jumped between offense and defense this year, so it is hard to know how many starters (seniors) Celina will be losing. Cody Sandler, Chad Hawley, Parker Donald, etc. Are they considered offensive players or defensive?

The loss of so many key players last year seems to have left a lot of questions for this team, and answers have been hard to come by with so many injuries to this years squad.

You bring up a great point. Cody Sandler is has been playing fullback for the last 2 weeks. Parker Donald who is a junior has been flip flopping back and fourth at guard and nose guard. At the most on offense they should only be losing four starters. On defense they will lose five starters. So either way they will have return good numbers on both sides.

orange machine
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss

The defenses loses a lot, but it has the potential to be better. The JV strength lies more on the defensive side of the ball. Celina will have tremendous defensive depth next year.

The QB position will probably be manned by a Stephenson. The guards I'm not sure about.

I think Austin Hambrick will take one of the guard positions next year and may be Kyle Haynes or Parker Donald.

Sittin & Fishin
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss

Are there any freshman now who will be playing varsity as sophmores. I have switched back and forth between Jr. High games and JV games so I have only seen a few of the 9th grade games this year. I wonder how many 9th graders are on the JV and/or varsity. The 9th grade team does not look like they have much size.

orange machine
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Are there any freshman now who will be playing varsity as sophmores. I have switched back and forth between Jr. High games and JV games so I have only seen a few of the 9th grade games this year. I wonder how many 9th graders are on the JV and/or varsity. The 9th grade team does not look like they have much size.

I think Brooks Stephenson is a lock on varsity next year if not a starter a backup to his brother at qb.

Sittin & Fishin
10-21-2009, 11:49 PM
I think Brooks Stephenson is a lock on varsity next year if not a starter a backup to his brother.

I know Jacob Stephenson has moved up to varsity again this week since Garrett is hurt. Does Brooks move up as well as a backup? Is Cody Worrell going to play QB, or is he still taking it easy?

orange machine
10-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I think Cody is back so Jacob will probably be the only one. Wouldnt be surprised to see Jacob and Brooks both getting snaps next season. Im ready to see Josh Raluerson on varsity that kid has a motor now.

Stephenson
10-21-2009, 11:57 PM
I know Jacob Stephenson has moved up to varsity again this week since Garrett is hurt. Does Brooks move up as well as a backup? Is Cody Worrell going to play QB, or is he still taking it easy?

Brooks is playing on the 9th grade team tomorrow against Savoy HS.

Cody will start at QB against Gainesville. Jacob will fill in for Garrett until he returns in a couple of weeks.

orange machine
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
They are playing Savoy what it the world?

Stephenson
10-22-2009, 12:03 AM

The 9th grade team is missing some key players. There is one freshman playing varsity (Jake Raulerson-OL and DL) and two freshman on JV White (Landon Lohman OL, and Josh Raulerson MLB and FB). That is a lot of the size they are missing.

Also played most of season without key running back (Tyler Strickland) who is out with ACL injury.

This should be a good group when they are all playing together again.

Stephenson
10-22-2009, 12:04 AM
They are playing Savoy what it the world?

Apparently Gainesville does not have a 9th grade team, so we will be playing at Savoy tomorrow at 5:00 PM.

orange machine
10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Stephenson
The 9th grade team is missing some key players. There is one freshman playing varsity (Jake Raulerson-OL and DL) and two freshman on JV White (Landon Lohman OL, and Josh Raulerson MLB and FB). That is a lot of the size they are missing.

Also played most of season without key running back (Tyler Strickland) who is out with ACL injury.

This should be a good group when they are all playing together again.

Is the Lohman kis number 77 on the jv white?

Sittin & Fishin
10-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Stephenson
Brooks is playing on the 9th grade team tomorrow against Savoy HS.

Cody will start at QB against Gainesville. Jacob will fill in for Garrett until he returns in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.
How is Garrett doing? I have enjoyed watching him throw the ball the last few weeks. Hope he feels better soon.

Stephenson
10-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Is the Lohman kis number 77 on the jv white?

I believe Lohman is #70 or #71. He is a strong kid with big lower body. Very good player, and great kid!

Stephenson
10-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks.
How is Garrett doing? I have enjoyed watching him throw the ball the last few weeks. Hope he feels better soon.

Thank you. Garrett is doing fine. 2nd degree AC joint sprain in right shoulder when he got sacked in the 3rd quarter. Started rehab and should be back in a few weeks.

orange machine
10-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Its crazy how that injury is going around. Back a few years ago i never had heard of a acl injury then it seemed like alot of players started getting them now. Its the AC joint injury that seems to be getting players.

Twirling Time
10-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I heard Frisco is opening TWO new high schools next fall. They opened Heritage with freshmen only and are adding a class every year, but they are going to open Lone Star cold with 9-10-11 the first year.

If that happens, 9-3A will probably split because of all the schools being so close together. Here's my guess:

West: Aubrey, Argyle, Sanger, Gainesville, Bridgeport, Decatur

East: Celina, Prosper, Frisco Heritage, Frisco Lone Star, Anna, Whitesboro (actually a good district for the Boro — they'd be the #3 team in this league the first year)

They'll stick Whitesboro in the east because the UIL will avoid an odd-numbered district or an 8-team district and if they put in Princeton, they'd have to put in Lovejoy too, which would make 7.