View Full Version : Wylie vs Breckenridge

garciap77
10-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Wylie 28 Breckenridge 0!

Any Breckenridge posters up for a M&G?

squid
10-17-2009, 09:37 AM
is that a 1st quarter score?

Next year's starters are going to get alot of PT next week...no way Hugh lets this years starters score over 42 pts.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Have to agree, poor Breckenridge is just way overmatched in this game.

Wylie--- what ever they want
Breckenridge ---- ?? I dont think they can even score on next years team

garciap77
10-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Not so fast there boys! I did not think we'll score as many points on the rest of our opponents like we did on Brownwood!

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

Rocket
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Not so fast there boys! I did not think we'll score as many points on the rest of our opponents like we did on Brownwood!

LOL Breckenridge suited out 24 players. Your 2nd team will be on the field in the 2nd Quarter. And, their stud got hurt against us.

Mcguirk
10-17-2009, 10:58 AM
What happened to thE RB/LB Brek had last year? I think he played QB vs Wylie when the starting qb was injured. He was a force. I think he played every down in the game, including kickoffs and punts. And he was as good in the 4th as he was in the 1st.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
What happened to thE RB/LB Brek had last year? I think he played QB vs Wylie when the starting qb was injured. He was a force. I think he played every down in the game, including kickoffs and punts. And he was as good in the 4th as he was in the 1st.

if you are talking about Robinson, he graduted I think... and yes, the kid was a stud!

They have another stud this year but like Rocket said, he got hurt last night, hope he is ok and gets to play this week!

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't think this game really requires any trash talking. No fun at all:(

Trashman
10-18-2009, 09:26 AM
This game will be over before it starts.:(

Pendragon13
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
This game will be over before it starts.:( That's what everyone was saying before we played Snyder..you still have to line up and play. I remember Wylie going to Comanche a couple seasons ago...all of their Seniors had walked from the team, the program was in shambles and they only dressed 16 kids that night. To make a long story short...those 16 kids gave our 60+ a game for nearly 3 quarters until we woke up.

garciap77
10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Calling all Breck posters!

garciap77
10-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Fast starts fuel undefeated Bulldogs¡¯ rise in 3A rankings
RONALD W. ERDRICH/REPORTER-NEWS
¡á No. 3 Wylie has dominated 1st half to start season 6-0

DANIEL YOUNGBLOOD
youngbloodd@reporternews.com / 325-676-6771
Unbeaten through six games and ranked No. 3 in the state in Class 3A, this year¡¯s Wylie football team has gotten off to one of the best starts in school history.
But the Bulldogs¡¯ fast start to the season shouldn¡¯t surprise anyone who has watched the team play this year. After all, fast starts are what this Wylie team is all about.
The Bulldogs, who have won every game by at least 14 points and have yet to trail in a game this season, have been especially dominant in first halves of games. Wylie, which hosts Breckenridge (1-6) this week, has outgained opponents 1,460-592 in the first 24 minutes of games and gone to halftime with an average lead of 24-3. Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer, who¡¯s seen teams win games in just about every way imaginable in his 24 years at Wylie, said he¡¯s enjoyed watching the way this team jumps on opponents.
¡°Obviously we take pride in start¡©ing a game fast,¡± Sandifer said. ¡°We always try, if we can, to get our oppo¡©nents playing from behind.
¡°It takes a lot of things to get off to a fast start, but I think a lot of it has to do with the mental and physical prepara¡©tion of these guys every week.¡±
The Bulldogs¡¯ strong first-half per¡©formances have been a product of many things, but the team¡¯s offense and de¡©fense have been equally responsible.
Whether starting the game with the ball or opening the first half on defense, the Bulldogs have shown the ability to impose their will on opponents early and build momentum for later in the game.
The Wylie offense has scored on its opening drive in four of its six games, and the team's defense has yet to allow an opponent to score on its first possession.
In fact, the Bulldogs have only given up first-half points in two of their six games. And in bothof those contests - a 41-24 win over Canyon and a 41-21 win over Brownwood, Wylie turned early 7-all ties into three-score leads by halftime.
Wylie linebacker Jimmie Holley, the team's leader in tackles (32 solos and 22 assists) and interceptions (two), said the team has been impressed by how well everyone on both sides of the ball has gelled.
"Both sides are really working well right now," he said. "Everybody'sjust clicking. "I think it's really helped that everyone has clicked right from the beginning. That's been good because we like to start fast and get the game going at a good speed. Then we can just keep clicking through the rest of the game."
Sandifer said one of the things he's been most impressed by is the team's execution.
With all the excitement and nerves that surround the start of every game, he said it's not uncommon for teams to make mental mistakes early in games. Buthis team has forced far more mistakes than its made this year.
"The start of the game is always so exciting. There's always emotions and there's nerves," he said. "All of that's involved, so I think the teams that can go out there and execute and block and tackle are the ones that are going to do well."
Thus far, the Wylie team has done just that. Just one of the Bulldogs four giveaways this season has come in the first half, while the defense has come up with four of its nine takeaways.
Wylie quarterback Matt Preston said it's just a matter of preparing each week, coming into every game focused on that specifi c opponent and having fun on game nights. This, he said, keeps the Bulldogs from looking too far into the future and setting themselves up for a letdown.
"Mainly we're just going out there having fun every Friday," he said. "We get good work in during the week and then Friday we're out there with all our friends just having fun and doing whatever we worked on during the week."

BreckTxLonghorn
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Calling all Breck posters!

I should edit this to say : Calling BreckTxLonghorn. 'Cause it's only me.

Won't be able to make the game this year. Just too far of a drive, and I've been driving a little too much lately. I went to last year's game, but didn't even make it to halftime, and that was in Breck.

Not the best year for our Buckaroos this year, but the ones who are staying through the bad times are setting the foundation for a strong future. Hopefully, years from now Fambrough can point at those 24 and say, "Those are the ones who started where we are now." Wylie is a solid team, and should handle this game. But let me just say everyone thought it was going to be a blowout last year, and look at what happened then....

ccmom
10-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I should edit this to say : Calling BreckTxLonghorn. 'Cause it's only me.

Won't be able to make the game this year. Just too far of a drive, and I've been driving a little too much lately. I went to last year's game, but didn't even make it to halftime, and that was in Breck.

Not the best year for our Buckaroos this year, but the ones who are staying through the bad times are setting the foundation for a strong future. Hopefully, years from now Fambrough can point at those 24 and say, "Those are the ones who started where we are now." Wylie is a solid team, and should handle this game. But let me just say everyone thought it was going to be a blowout last year, and look at what happened then....

I agree! The Bucks gave us a game last year for sure.

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
This game will be over before it starts.:(

Thats what everyone thought last year too and they gave us all we could handle. It was an ugly ugly win.

Pendragon13
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I agree! The Bucks gave us a game last year for sure. +1
Breck has a legacy in football that goes way back....they never stop and won't lay down for anyone no matter how overmatched.

garciap77
10-22-2009, 08:00 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 08:46 AM

not nice to kick a team when they are down... unless it is Snyder or Brownwood. Oh yeah and Merkel, it is always open season on the Badgers.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/517631/698617.jpg

SWAS009
10-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by SWAS009
So, then shouldn't this say:

Originally posted by STANG RED

SWEETWATER SUCKS!!!! :thinking: :thinking:

:devil: :devil:

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm sad that this is the last game in Bulldog stadium this season. :(

ccmom
10-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13

Huh?? :confused:

Did Sweetwater decide not to come on 11-6??:doh:

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM

i thought the same thing yesterday until my sister reminded me.

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

and no ccmom is not my sister.

ccmom
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Having just two district games is bad enough...and you boys are trying to cut it to one. ;)

ccmom
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
and no ccmom is not my sister.

LOL! Well there's something to be thankful for! :D

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
LOL! Well there's something to be thankful for! :D

what are you trying to say? lol

ccmom
10-22-2009, 11:39 AM
what are you trying to say? lol

I guess I am so bored I am starting to get sassy with my own folk! ;)

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
well thats not very smooth is it? :cool:

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM

Did Sweetwater decide not to come on 11-6??:doh: Oops you're right....kinda overlooked that one.:o

DaHop72
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM

Did Sweetwater decide not to come on 11-6??:doh: Probably not ccmom, if they don't show they would only be 1-8 not 1-9.:devil: :devil:

garciap77
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Maybe things will change when we play Graham! They must have about 200 posters now! RWB stop recruiting! I heard you took a whole bunch of Graham fans to P.I. in return for them signing up on the 3ADL!:D

;)

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Maybe things will change when we play Graham! They must have about 200 posters now! RWB stop recruiting! I heard you took a whole bunch of Graham fans to P.I. in return for them signing up on the 3ADL!:D

;) I heard he was offering signing bonuses...time to make a new user name with "steers" somewhere in it?:D

ccmom
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
I heard he was offering signing bonuses...time to make a new user name with "steers" somewhere in it?:D

"he"? LOL

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
"he"? LOL I'm still a wet behind the ears noob..gimme a break.:D

injuredinmelee
10-22-2009, 02:29 PM
"he"? LOL

is he "doggin" my Beth?

garciap77
10-22-2009, 05:34 PM
I heard he was offering signing bonuses...time to make a new user name with "steers" somewhere in it?:D

:thinking:

;)

garciap77
10-22-2009, 07:20 PM

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: Are you going to need a pot of coffee during the game tomorrow night?

garciap77
10-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Are you going to need a pot of coffee during the game tomorrow night?

No! The game will be great. It's just that there is no one from Breck to talk smack with. And BreckTxLonghorn only likes to talk football.:D Plus, no M&G to take pictures! :(

:thinking: I might go to the SW vs Snyder game! :thinking:

NOT!:D