PDA

View Full Version : Question for the masses

BIG19
11-24-2003, 09:32 AM
After all this BS over where games should or should not be played, I have a question for all the patron of this wonderful board.

How far would you travel to watch your team/kids play?

I for one am looking forward to making the trek to Corpus. Like to have the family time away and enjoy a great game. Best of luck to all the fans that travel the miles in support of our kids. For all that are travelling this weekend, to and from holiday gatherings and football games, may God bless each and every one of you with a safe and troble free trip. See ya on the roads and possibly at a game near by!

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2003, 10:14 AM
How far would I travel? As far as necessary. I don't have a son playing varsity this year (or for a few to come since he's in 7th grade), but unless we decide to come home Friday evening, we will be leaving early Saturday morning from Matador (90 miles NE of Lubbock) in order to get to Seguin before 2 pm to support the team. Of course, both my husband and I are fortunate that we are off on Friday. Last year, when my oldest was a senior, I would've driven anywhere in the state, or any surrounding state for that matter, to watch him play past round 2.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

spiveyrat
11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
If Jasper had made the finals last year, I was planning to make the trip from Kansas. BUT, Burnet had something to say about that! eek!

CentralTxFan
11-24-2003, 10:29 AM
As far as neccesary. When you support small schools you certainly put lots of miles on a vehicle, especially if your kids are involved in several activities.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Gilmer fans would drive anywhere to watch the Buckeyes. We travel very well, even over long distances.

AggieJohn
11-24-2003, 11:08 AM
i heard about a 1a team last year located in the panhandle having to play a team from the arkansas/texas border in the playoffs...and just because of regional positioning they had to travel like 780 something miles to play the game...made it like 3 day affair....1 to drive, 1 to play, 1 to drive home...

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
I would travel from Texarkana to El Paso if need be. And I would love every minute of it.

Did you know that it is a longer drive from El Paso to Texarkana than it is from El Paso to Los Angeles? It is also a longer drive from Texarkana to El Paso than it is from Texarkana to Chicago.

What the heck, I would travel from San Diego to Bangor Maine to see a good football game.

sahen
11-24-2003, 01:18 PM
if Liberty or Baytown Lee (Baytown Sterling if they could ever win a couple games..gosh no playoffs since 85) was still in it i was planning on going to their game where ever it may be....i come in from waco when i can to see them play in the regular season so thats a pretty good drive for just a regular season game..unfortunately neither are in it and suffered upsets in teh 1st round :( i missed both games....::sigh:: thats what i get for figuring they would both win...

poncho
11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
BIG19:
After all this BS over where games should or should not be played, I have a question for all the patron of this wonderful board.

How far would you travel to watch your team/kids play?

I for one am looking forward to making the trek to Corpus. Like to have the family time away and enjoy a great game. Best of luck to all the fans that travel the miles in support of our kids. For all that are travelling this weekend, to and from holiday gatherings and football games, may God bless each and every one of you with a safe and troble free trip. See ya on the roads and possibly at a game near by!Travel, that's part of the fun for me! Getting out with the family and seeing new places. So to answer the question...anywhere. :cool: :D

LogieJoeBean001
11-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Last year when Burnet/Wharton played, my kids and I traveled to Round Rock. We made a weekend of it and stayed overnight in Round Rock. It was a nice little family get away. I'd travel anywhere necessary to see either of my two favorite high school teams play. No one left to watch now because both have been eliminated from the playoffs! Guess I'll just have to watch Burnet on their road to State!

LHMom
11-24-2003, 09:36 PM
I would travel anywhere in Texas without question to see my kids play.

I will say that trips that far are tough on the team...

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 09:39 PM
if i had a kid playing i would go anywhere...i would go too far to see a game if i didnt have a kid playing

Old Green
11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
If you are a fan you will travel any where to support your team. Even if you don't have kids playing. I will even drive 4 or 5 hours to watch a good game not involving my team because I am addicted to High School Football.

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I would travel to Dallas or farther.
BIG19, may your family and all of Burnet have a safe trip. :)

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I think that if it came down to it, I would travel just about anywhere in Texas. It would be rather easy for me, cause of the whole band thing.

lepfan
11-24-2003, 10:45 PM
LHMom:
I would travel anywhere in Texas without question to see my kids play.

I will say that trips that far are tough on the team...I just wish I knew WHERE in Texas to go to watch my son!!! :D :D :D

olddawggreen
11-24-2003, 11:02 PM
UNTIL THE END OF NEVER, AND THATS A LONG LONG WAY! (Time) :D :D Who sang that song anyway?

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
11-24-2003, 11:04 PM
In the Playoffs, my team was never far away that Bandera wasn't there.

therealbulldogs
11-24-2003, 11:18 PM
I traveled 1500 miles in just 2 days by myself to see my boys play in Waco for the state championship. I even got bad gas in Montgomery, Alabama and had to stay there overnight. I got up at noon, my truck was finished at 4 PM and I drove till 6 the next morning. Then I left at 8 AM with my mom for Waco from Bandera. And it was totally worth it to see the guys win state!

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 11:28 PM
I would have to agree with you, just about anything is worth watching your team take it all.