PDA

View Full Version : sealy-smithville

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-17-2009, 09:10 AM
sealy 2-0 in district, smithville 1-1 in district... thoughts on this game?

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
This will be another high scoring shoot out. It will come down to which team controls the clock in the 4th quarter. Turnovers, penalties and special teams will all play a huge roll in who wins. Smithville's placekicker is very good and they punt well. Return coverage was not as good though. The Leps had a nifty 80 yard kick off return on the Tigers so I'll wager they keep the ball ont the ground on kick offs next Friday. Their offense is lights out both on the ground and in the air. Their receivers run excellent routes and make their receptions under pressure. Their defense is only average so Sealy will score a bunch. However, Smithville will not lay down but will keep coming at you like the Zombies in Sean of the Dead. Sealy better get ready for this game and come to play. I think the Tigers get the win by a td.

Smithville 49
Sealy 42

HEMOTOXIC
10-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Where is this game being played?

Gobbla2001
10-17-2009, 10:13 AM
You know, I can't pick against this Sealy team... but the first score that popped in my head was around what Pud predicted... just seems like one of those games...

I guess hope's a-floatin' round there in Smiffville...

sports mom
10-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Where is this game being played?

Sealy is at home against Smithville.

Footballhudini
10-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Smithville 49
Sealy 42 [/B]

Ohh yeah.. and the Titans finish 11-5

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
Ohh yeah.. and the Titans finish 11-5

You'll see what I mean Friday. Take Smithville lightly at your own risk.:cool:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-17-2009, 02:50 PM
This will be another high scoring shoot out. It will come down to which team controls the clock in the 4th quarter. Turnovers, penalties and special teams will all play a huge roll in who wins. Smithville's placekicker is very good and they punt well. Return coverage was not as good though. The Leps had a nifty 80 yard kick off return on the Tigers so I'll wager they keep the ball ont the ground on kick offs next Friday. Their offense is lights out both on the ground and in the air. Their receivers run excellent routes and make their receptions under pressure. Their defense is only average so Sealy will score a bunch. However, Smithville will not lay down but will keep coming at you like the Zombies in Sean of the Dead. Sealy better get ready for this game and come to play. I think the Tigers get the win by a td.

Smithville 49
Sealy 42

absolutely no way smithville scores 49 points on sealy...

GiddingsFan
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Sealy is having a good season, but let's not get too pompous.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-17-2009, 02:56 PM
no no im not... i just don't see them getting 49. Sealy needs to play perfect in this one, smithville is a GREAT team and would have made the playoffs last year in any other district.

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
absolutely no way smithville scores 49 points on sealy...

I would have stated that Smithville absolutely would not put up 42 points on La Grange but they did. The Lep D was only giving up 10 points per game going into this game. If the Smithville offense can put up those points on the Leps they can do so against Sealy. Sealy is very good. La Grange is very good. Well Smithville apparently is very good too. ;)

giddings4life88
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I agree with Pud, Smithville have been on fire on offense, I don't see this changing against sealy. Smithville is about to test sealys DB's thoroughly. I smell another shootout.

gambler1606
10-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Sealy is av. 44 points a game and giving up 16. Great offense to compliment a great defense. My prediction and you all know i get close is Sealy 42 Smithville 17. I was close on Sealy and Columbus, I predicted 44 to 14 and the final score was 41 to 6. I also predicted Sealy 35 Giddings 21 and the score was 30 to 18. So stick with me on this one. I will tell everybody this, if Sealy can beat St. Pius who is loaded with D1 talent they can beat anyone in 3A. St Pius is just coachless if that is an english word!!

giddings4life88
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
Sealy is av. 44 points a game and giving up 16. Great offense to compliment a great defense. My prediction and you all know i get close is Sealy 42 Smithville 17. I was close on Sealy and Columbus, I predicted 44 to 14 and the final score was 41 to 6. I also predicted Sealy 35 Giddings 21 and the score was 30 to 18. So stick with me on this one. I will tell everybody this, if Sealy can beat St. Pius who is loaded with D1 talent they can beat anyone in 3A. St Pius is just coachless if that is an english word!!

The only way Smithville scores only 17 is if their star QB gets hurt. Even if he did get hurt I have a hard time believing only 17 points from them. I Sealy goes into this game thinking they're going to win 42-17, they might be in for a LONG night.

TRENCHES06
10-17-2009, 07:19 PM
35-17 Sealy

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
M&M will have 'em ready on D. Good Luck Sealy!

sinton66
10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I'll say Sealy wins, but Smithville is for real, obviously. It WON'T be by a large margin.

OldBison75
10-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Sealy had better be ready for the Smithville offense. They can score quickly and in bunches and they never stope trying. Yes, Sealy has a good defense , but even good defenses can get embarassed.

Sealy also has a good offense that can put up some numbers. But, Sealy depends on speed and a more run oriented attack. Smithville has a good run defense, but not comparable speed to Sealy.

This game may come down to a big turnover. I think both teams put up at least 28 points and I really believe that the final could end up comparable to the Smithville vs LaGrange score.

My pick: Smithville 35 Sealy 34

Tiger Turtle
10-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Based on this year's performance, Smithville gets theirs in the first half and Sealy pulls away in the second.

sTx
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Sealy wins...... Smithville keeps it close in the first three quarters and sealy dominates in the fourth:)

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Sealy has been a second half team all year. Smithville apparently is a second half team as well. The Leps were up 24-14 at the half then Smithville put up 28 points in the second half. The Leps would score and the
Tigers would answer with a score. The Tigers just kept coming back. There is no quit in that team. Sealy better have a good second half to keep up with them.:)

zebrablue2
10-18-2009, 06:27 PM
no no im not... i just don't see them getting 49. Sealy needs to play perfect in this one, smithville is a GREAT team and would have made the playoffs last year in any other district.

a Great team???

solocam
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Sealy Rolls by 21

pirate4state
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
a Great team??? You don't agree?

1st and goal
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
a Great team???

He might agree after they play them...:doh:

sTx
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Sealy has been a second half team all year. Smithville apparently is a second half team as well. The Leps were up 24-14 at the half then Smithville put up 28 points in the second half. The Leps would score and the
Tigers would answer with a score. The Tigers just kept coming back. There is no quit in that team. Sealy better have a good second half to keep up with them.:)

welll Sealys Defense rarely allows points in the second half and i dont see Smithville as being better than half the teams we have played....but everyone plays Sealy hard and i expect a good first half :D

44INAROW
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Last year in week 8, who could have predicted that one of the biggest games for Week 8 in Reg IV for 2009, would be Sealy vs Smithville? Promises to be a good one. ;)

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I would like to see Smithville win this game. Ace needs to have a Ace High Straight Royal Flush.:D

teetle
10-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Don't worry, Jimmie got something for Smithville. He good that way. He know what he doing. Smithville got a good team, but they cants hang with the Sealy Tigers. All you people who been picking other teams should already sees this. Sealy going to win District. Everybody else just playing for second. Good Luck. Yous going to need it.:D :eek: :weeping: :bigcry:

sTx
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
yeah smithville will come out fired up but i think sealy will come prepared

pirate4state
10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm gonna go with Mitchell's half time speech & Sealy to beat Smithville. LOL

giddings4life88
10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I really think Smithville thrives on being the underdog, all year long they've been kind of playing down to schools but now that districts started they're VERY hungry to prove themselves, and they're playing like it. Smithville is going to be a tough beat for every team in this district, and I truly think the tigers will win 2 more games in district catching some teams who took them lightly because they're "smithville".

jrhernandez7
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
this is going to be a hard game for smithville to win, they have to come out and play balls to the wall, an i think they well get this one done, Smithville by 3.

sTx
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
:thinking: idk bout all that but it will be a good game
But Sealy Wins :p

hookandladder
10-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Smithville has definitely made strides in football in the last couple of years however still think it is possible that they may not win another District game this year, their remaining games are against the best defenses in our District. Prove me wrong, I have no problem with that since we have already beat you. I will pick Sealy by 2 TD's.

teetle
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Sealy gonna win. Jimmie, he just outthink everybody. He good that way. He know what he doing. Sealy Tigers theys tuff. Theys defense very good. Smithville a worthy oponent. Theys real good. Just not as good as the Tigers. Sealy wins. Pudpuller yous right. You cants underestimates Smithville. :D :eek: :bigcry:

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Sealy gonna win. Jimmie, he just outthink everybody. He good that way. He know what he doing. Sealy Tigers theys tuff. Theys defense very good. Smithville a worthy oponent. Theys real good. Just not as good as the Tigers. Sealy wins. Pudpuller yous right. You cants underestimates Smithville. :D :eek: :bigcry:

Thanks for the support Teehole.

teetle
10-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I dos not plays golf. Good Luck to thes Leps on Friday. :D :eek: :tongue:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
however still think it is possible that they may not win another District game this year, their remaining games are against the best defenses in our District. I will pick Sealy by 2 TD's.

i agree...

HEMOTOXIC
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Sealy by 2 touchdowns.

giddings4life88
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Smithville has definitely made strides in football in the last couple of years however still think it is possible that they may not win another District game this year, their remaining games are against the best defenses in our District.

i agree...

I think Smithville already shown what they can do against top defenses.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by giddings4life88
I think Smithville already shown what they can do against top defenses.

i am not ragging on columbus or la grange at all... but i do not believe that they are the "top defenses" in our district, smithviille has sealy giddings and bellville next...top defenses

giddings4life88
10-21-2009, 08:40 PM
well Smithville also has one of the top offenses in the districts, so we shall see.

Eye Man
10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I heard a rumor that the Smithville QB was hurt during practice and would not be able to play Friday. Is this true? I hope not.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Eye Man
I heard a rumor that the Smithville QB was hurt during practice and would not be able to play Friday. Is this true? I hope not.

wow:eek: ... i hope not

sTx
10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah that wouldn be good at all that is one heck of a QB i hope everything works out and he plays at 100%