PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ Edna

SHSBulldog00
10-17-2009, 12:01 AM
32-26 Edna

Cowboy_Up
10-17-2009, 09:44 AM
That was a good game between two fairly even teams with Edna's Kam Jones being the major difference as he ran for 162 yards and 2 TDs and passed for 128 and a TD. Ervin Yates was very tough as well gaining 175 yards with 2 TDs on just 13 carries. The Cowboy O-line gave Kam time to throw and cleared the way for 247 yards on the ground. Deion Barnes scored on a very nice WR screen where he got a block and raced around the corner for a 44 yard score.

I believe the Cowboy defense sacked Markert 6 times. Trey Hights ran for 141 yards on 25 carries. He popped a couple of nice runs but most of his yards were hard fought short gains. Yoakum played very hard like they always do, but it was a clean, intense game that was fun to watch.

I think the key to the game was in the second quarter when twice the Bulldogs drove deep into Edna territory and only came away with field goals. Markert is a great kicker and that's a nice weapon to have, but keeping the 'dogs out of the end zone kept the Cowboys close until their Offense got going.

Good luck to the Yoakum Bulldogs

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 10:00 AM
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!