PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Giddings MERGED

Pudlugger
10-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Okay let's get it going. The 7-0 Leps host 6-1 Giddings in a big show down that has huge implications for the D25 Championship race and the three play off spots. The Leps are 2-0 in district after two tough narrow wins in hard fought games against Bellville in the mud and Smithville with their high flying offense. This game is one of the oldest rivilaries in Texas and all bets are off when they meet up. This year will be special with both teams highly ranked and vying for bragging rights along Highway 77. Who will win?

WAOBUFFS!
10-17-2009, 12:12 AM
after what i saw tonight, la grange had better get ready to throw the ball quick, giddings brought the house every play, and still had 3 picks ...IN MAN COVERAGE.

Giddings speed is real. they will snatch the football in the air and strip from the ball carrier. is like they practice it or something, they try to strip ball every play

Tiger Turtle
10-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I haven't seen either team this year so i don't have a good frame of reference for who's going to win, but I bet it will be a scratchin', clawin' battle. Giddings probably feels like their backs are against the wall with one district loss already. If they manage to pull out a win, it will throw the district standings into the kind of mess that we expected early on. Anybody know what the tie breakers are in this district?

WAOBUFFS!
10-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Giddings(6-1) v. La Grange(7-0)

plus rivalry on top of that

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 08:19 AM
This should be one for the history books of these two towns. The Leps haven't beaten Giddings since 2002. This year the Leps have the Buffs at home and have been looking forward to some payback. You know that both teams will be prepared and will leave it all on the field. In big rivilary games such as this records mean little. 48 minutes of the best football the Leps can play is what they need to reverse the tide from Giddings. Go Leps!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-17-2009, 09:08 AM
This should be a great game with two completely different teams.

WAOBUFFS!
10-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Are we going to get a committment of "GAME OF THE WEEK" form R4 editor or..........is he/she going to come up with something else.
I looked at it, are some big games with big implications but in no way will any of them have the electricity this one will. Has to be one of the biggest rivalry games in the state then add to it Leps are undefeated, buffs are semi-finalist form last year--WITH A LOSS IN DISTRICT PLAY(6-1)
They had better bring in some more bleachers or giddings folks will need to bring their lawn chairs.....MARK MY WORD WE WILL BRING 2000 PEOPLE TO THIS ONE.

GIDDINGS DEFENSE V. HIGH POTENT PASSING ATTACK OF LEPS----
SHOWDOWN TIME

CAN'T WAIT....GIDDINGS TAILGATE PARTY STARTS AT 6:00

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Two good threads on this game going now. Maybe the mods could merge them?

I was getting ready to merge the two when I read your suggesion :) GMTA 44inarow

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
damn you d25 people sure are needy! you just had gotw and i think 2 other games too. time to spread the wealth. what's going on in the valley this week? lol

bo is that you in hiding? i thought mtc & old tiger were the only ones that needed multiple names??? :rolleyes:

gtownfan
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by WAOBUFFS!
Are we going to get a committment of "GAME OF THE WEEK" form R4 editor or..........is he/she going to come up with something else.
I looked at it, are some big games with big implications but in no way will any of them have the electricity this one will. Has to be one of the biggest rivalry games in the state then add to it Leps are undefeated, buffs are semi-finalist form last year--WITH A LOSS IN DISTRICT PLAY(6-1)
They had better bring in some more bleachers or giddings folks will need to bring their lawn chairs.....MARK MY WORD WE WILL BRING 2000 PEOPLE TO THIS ONE.

SHOWDOWN TIME

91st meeting between these teams. The stands will be packed!

LHS 2SONS
10-17-2009, 05:46 PM

SHOWDOWN TIME

Can I come to the tailgate party

44INAROW
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
damn you d25 people sure are needy! you just had gotw and i think 2 other games too. time to spread the wealth. what's going on in the valley this week? lol

bo is that you in hiding? i thought mtc & old tiger were the only ones that needed multiple names??? :rolleyes:

you beat me to the punch P4S. Dang, Giddings was in the GOTW this past week for heaven's sake. D 25 has been in 3 GOTW if I am not mistaken and one of the weeks they weren't in the GOTW - we had 3 pages of posts B&M about it. Yes, we all know D25 is the strongest district in the region, yes, the game has powerful implications, yes, it will be electric - but other games are important/electric too. I have no clue who will be the GOTW and nothing against Giddings and La Grange but let's let somone else get the chance.

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you beat me to the punch P4S. Dang, Giddings was in the GOTW this past week for heaven's sake. D 25 has been in 3 GOTW if I am not mistaken and one of the weeks they weren't in the GOTW - we had 3 pages of posts B&M about it. Yes, we all know D25 is the strongest district in the region, yes, the game has powerful implications, yes, it will be electric - but other games are important/electric too. I have no clue who will be the GOTW and nothing against Giddings and La Grange but let's let somone else get the chance.

Well there is no greater Lep fan on this board then I and I'm fine with that. As long as the Leps bring it Friday and TCB I don't care if it's
not GOTW. I'm sure most folks interested in this game will find their way to the several threads going now. Go Leps, bash the Buffs!:)

LHS 2SONS
10-17-2009, 10:00 PM
I am with you Pudlugger, it does not matter to me either , have some other District as GOTW, I am sure thier are plenty of games this week that qualify for it. Between Giddings and La Grange it does not matter who has the best team, these two teams have always played each other tough. If I remember correctly, Giddings beat LG when we won State in 2000, anything can happen in this game. Have a great week LEPS and get ready for the Buffs.

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I haven't seen either play yet, but after this week, I will have seen LG/Giddings play. :)

After that, I should have a pretty good feel for all the Reg 4 teams north of Cuero and a few other powers. I'll be able to put a mini power rankings for this general area. About D 24- D28 or so. :)

Pudlugger
10-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
I am with you Pudlugger, it does not matter to me either , have some other District as GOTW, I am sure thier are plenty of games this week that qualify for it. Between Giddings and La Grange it does not matter who has the best team, these two teams have always played each other tough. If I remember correctly, Giddings beat LG when we won State in 2000, anything can happen in this game. Have a great week LEPS and get ready for the Buffs.

Actually in 2000 the leps lost game one to Bay City (eventual 4a Champs) 28-7 then game three to Gonzales 13-7. They then went 14-2 to win state beating Forney 20-17. In 2001 the Leps beat Giddings in game two 17-14 on a last minute field goal then met them in the semi's to win 26-21. They went to state losing a heartbreaker 14-11 to Commerce.

1st and goal
10-18-2009, 09:00 AM
This is a definite pivotal game for this district. Even if they don't give it GOTW status, we all know that it really is.;) ;) ;)

You got to spread the love and share with our Sinton and Cuero peeps.

Back to the game. My first trip to Lagrange' stadium was not uneventful. 2 years ago, I remember how horrible the ref's called the game. They all did the 40 in about 4.3 seconds to leave the field at the end of the game.:D :D :D

At the end, the schools both played their school songs, the Buffs came over to their side's stands and went into the locker room. I'm waiting for the crowd to clear a bit because I'm carrying my sleeping 14 month old infant and damn if some %&##@**pudknocher kid or sore loser idiot shuts off the whole stadium lighting, parking lot and all. It was as dark as a cave. I had to feel my way to a seat to let my eyes adjust and not fall down the steps with my kid. I was so mad I called the cops and asked them to turn the stinking lights back on so people could see to leave. Folks were opening their cellphones for a bit of light. Oh yea, the Lagrange fans had all left early in the 4th quarter. Sure was quiet after that. Only the band was left. No wonder they shut the lights off early.

I really like Lagrange. My daughter was born there and maybe my next kid too. I know this game will be a barn burner. I hope no one gets hurt bad, the refs are good, and everyone has a safe trip.

Oh yea, almost forgot, and I hope the Buffs win.

Tell me more about this tailgate party. I wouldn't mind if a few of our Lagrange peeps make it to the backside of the stadium.:)

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Well this year they will leave the lights on a little longer to give the Leps time to raise their victory flag.:D

44INAROW
10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

You got to spread the love and share with our Sinton and Cuero peeps.

glad you understand but I certainly didn't mean to suggest they make a Cuero game GOTW - especially not the Goliad game. :D

Bull's-eye
10-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I have watched both of these teams play, but the "Mud Bowl" in Bellville was not a true indicator for LG. I'm sure their passing offense is a lot better, but was their defense really that good? Smithville lit up the scoreboard on the Leps, so I think Giddings can & will move the ball on them. Giddings has the ability to run or throw and that will be the difference in this game. I noticed a very athletic secondary for the Buffs, this could cause problems for the pass happy Lep offense. Giddings will win this game, assuming they hang on to the ball.

Giddings 28
LG 17

1st and goal
10-18-2009, 10:31 AM
All the what ifs are storming around in my little brain.

If LG wins, then Giddings and Bellville could be even again.

If Buffs win and Sealy loses, then the tie that folks envisioned could be a reality...

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 10:54 AM
It is not clear to me whether the Lep D just had a miserable game against Smithville or that the Tigers offense just was that much better. I think it was a combination of both. The match up favored Smithville with an athletic qb capable of breaking the big play running plus dead on accuracy passing from the spread offense especially out of the pocket. Our dbs gave up the short routes which Smithville capitalized on over and over. Also, the Tiger receivers executed their routes very well especially the button hook in the flats to the sidelines. They converted at least three 3rd and longs on that play. I am sure our coaches will work hard on pass defense in preparation for Friday's game with Giddings. With a few adjustments the Lep defense will return to form.

TRENCHES06
10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I have watched both of these teams play, but the "Mud Bowl" in Bellville was not a true indicator for LG. I'm sure their passing offense is a lot better, but was their defense really that good? Smithville lit up the scoreboard on the Leps, so I think Giddings can & will move the ball on them. Giddings has the ability to run or throw and that will be the difference in this game. I noticed a very athletic secondary for the Buffs, this could cause problems for the pass happy Lep offense. Giddings will win this game, assuming they hang on to the ball.

Giddings 28
LG 17

Pass happy?

La Grange has 2X the rushing attempts than passing attempts in district...

Bull's-eye
10-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Pass happy?

La Grange has 2X the rushing attempts than passing attempts in district...

I'm sure the district stats are a little misleading. In the first district game, field conditions dictated more running plays. Season stats show that the Leps are more of a passing team (208 passing atts vs 142 atts rushing) and over 70% of their yards come off the pass. A lot of those rushing attemts are by the QB, when he can't find an open receiver or flushed out of the pocket.

GiddingsFan
10-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Giddings D will stop the Leps. No doubt.

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 01:27 PM
The Leps offense has improved tremendously since the early season. They have developed an effective running game. Against Smithville the Leps were able to run the ball effectively and broke several big plays. (One was called back for a chop block costing them a td.) Giddings will have to respect the run and that means man coverage for our receivers. It will be interesting to see if they can indeed stop the Leps.:cool:

beastyboyz
10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Hmmm...for some odd reason I don't think this will be as close of a game as people think.I have a lot of respect for both la grange and giddings. But I don't think the leps defense is that good...I think the buffalo will have a good game against them. I think it will come down to if the leps O can score as much/more than giddings...

Good luck to both teams!

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot. The Leps have had two first team offensive lineman out with injuries. One tackle #68 was first team all district last year and will return to play Friday after being out recuperating from knee surgery during the past 8 weeks. The other #50 at center has been out since Yoakum with a knee injury now healed. The back up players have done a tremendous job filling in up to this point. With the additional manpower up front the Leps should be very strong going into Friday's big game. Go Leps, bust the Buffs!:D

LHS 2SONS
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
#68 is one heck of a defensive end as well, after Smithville's game you can see it in his eyes that he is ready

Pudlugger
10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I was watching both these guys biting at the bit all suited up during the game but not getting in. They will be a big boost to the Leps upon their return.

Pudlugger
10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Some interesting stats:

Average points scored:
Giddings 32
La Grange 35

Average points given up:
Giddings 12
La Grange 15

WAOBUFFS!
10-19-2009, 06:28 AM
good stuff Plgr.
i wonder about the seating for this one seriously. will have to shut down tailgate party early just to go and get a seat,

sorry but you guys have NO seating for a game like this.

know it will be biggest game of year for buffs, figure same for leps, then add in rivalry

Pudlugger
10-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Seating might be tight on the visitor's side but there should be enough . In 2003 the Leps hosted Sealy in the first play off round and the stands were full but everyone had a seat. Some Giddings folks may end up on the La Grange side as it is larger. I think the stadium can handle about 3000.

I have reserved seating thankfully. It will be packed that's for sure.

sTx
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Giddings D will stop the Leps. No doubt.

:clap: Thank you I agree, La Grange's o line is not capable of handling Giddings D... Their Center will be blown up by 75 most of the night

GiddingsFan
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
75 is a hoss alright!

buff4ever
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
La Grange will not get in the endzone more than twice in this game. Giddings will be able to defend their passing attack.

I say giddings 20-14, we miss another extra point, big surprise.

Pudlugger
10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sTx
:clap: Thank you I agree, La Grange's o line is not capable of handling Giddings D... Their Center will be blown up by 75 most of the night

Have you seen our o line play? BTW we have been playing all season without our starting tackle #68. He was first team all district last year and a senior this year. He will be playing Friday night. So will our starting center #50 who was out for 6 weeks with a sprained ACL. These two will make our o line (already excellent with the back ups filling in) the best in district.

One thing I'm confident about is our o line. They are all seniors who have played together since Pee Wee football.

footballguru
10-19-2009, 09:57 AM
La Grange needs to step up their recruiting. Giddings QB was a big pick up and I think # 75 also was a nice move in. I wonder if these two kids show up in Giddings if they were 2-8 last year? I think LCRA should help LG out and interview people that have kids that can contribute to the program. :)

buff4ever
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by footballguru
La Grange needs to step up their recruiting. Giddings QB was a big pick up and I think # 75 also was a nice move in. I wonder if these two kids show up in Giddings if they were 2-8 last year? I think LCRA should help LG out and interview people that have kids that can contribute to the program. :)

If you are going to talk, know what your are talking about. To people who know, you look stupid. To people who don't, well they believe the stupid sometimes.

#75 has grown up here to the best of my knowledge anyway. If he moved in it wasn't in the past few years.

TRENCHES06
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Have you seen our o line play? BTW we have been playing all season without our starting tackle #68. He was first team all district last year and a senior this year. He will be playing Friday night. So will our starting center #50 who was out for 6 weeks with a sprained ACL. These two will make our o line (already excellent with the back ups filling in) the best in district.

One thing I'm confident about is our o line. They are all seniors who have played together since Pee Wee football.

The LG center has been the center since day one....

TRENCHES06
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
I bet this won't be the last time the Leps and Buffs play this season....

gtownfan
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
La Grange and Giddings meeting in the Regional Finals ---- I'll take that!

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I thinks I see some very hopeful fans in these two towns. Don't forget that there is always Cuero on the horizon on Region 4. I am not sure right now that LaGrange or Giddings beats the Gobblers.

pirate4state
10-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I thinks I see some very hopeful fans in these two towns. Don't forget that there is always Cuero on the horizon on Region 4. I am not sure right now that LaGrange or Giddings beats the Gobblers. It won't matter. Cuero will go DI. ;)

GiddingsFan
10-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Footballguru - do us a favor and shut up.

sTx
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM

Judging by the smithville game you have false confidence in that offensive line

footballguru
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
If what I said bothers the Giddings posters, too bad. This is an open forum. Nothing I mentioned was a lie. There is no way that QB moves to Giddings if Giddings was not good. I did not mean that they are doing anything illegal, it is just a fact. A great QB all of a sudden that has run the option at his former school shows up in Giddings that happens to run the option and happens to not have a QB. Do not try to say it was some chance or something. I wish LG could win enough games that parents who are not happy with their sons school would move here. Actually it is a compliment to the Giddings program, that parents want their kids to play there and have a shot at winning state. As far as # 75, I thought someone said a kid from one of the Katy schools moved in, maybe it is a different kid. If I am wrong, my mistake I apologize.

TRENCHES06
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by sTx

This post makes no sense. 190 yards rushing and 158 yards passing on 16 attempts sounds pretty decent to me.

GiddingsFan
10-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Well it seems people are leaving LaGrange... we have quite a few people from LG working in GISD... Giddings must be doing a lot of things better, ya think?

jrhernandez7
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
after watching both these teams this season i would have to say that LG passes the eye test between these two. I like there passing game more, and there running game is about even. And the D i would have to give to lg. LG just seems to be the better team IMO, key word Team. Giddings seems to fall apart from the seems when adversty is dealt with, and there will be tons in this game.

Leps +14

birdie
10-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I see someone mentioned #75 Jacob green been their all his life senior and ya a hoss

sTx
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
This post makes no sense. 190 yards rushing and 158 yards passing on 16 attempts sounds pretty decent to me.

makes perfect sense when the majority of the passing yards were quick passes and the rushing yards are draws... its called paying attention at the game you should try it, and the only reason the draws worked so well is because the o line was getting blown up and the whole d line was in the back field

WAOBUFFS!
10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by birdie
I see someone mentioned #75 Jacob green been their all his life senior and ya a hoss

program says 6'2" 265, my son says he dead lift well over 500 lbs. and ran a 5.0-40. said he can touch the rim in the gym. guess that is good for a big boy????
Not sure if that makes him a good football player but I hear his named called alot over the PA for making tackles

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I did not see that game, but from a person that watches alot of high school football, the LG offense is built around the quick passing game and if it works, so does the offense. NO, and I reeat NO team can pile up over 350 yards of offense with almost equal running and passing yards if the Offensive line is getting "blown up". Could it be that LG chose to give up the rush and use it to thier advantage. That is smart coaching, not poor performance. Just keep believing that this offensive line is average and they will make Friday a long night.

TRENCHES06
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sTx
makes perfect sense when the majority of the passing yards were quick passes and the rushing yards are draws... its called paying attention at the game you should try it, and the only reason the draws worked so well is because the o line was getting blown up and the whole d line was in the back field

LG ran ONE draw all night. Do you even know what a draw play is?

sTx
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
:rolleyes: well ima just let yall wait and see LG o line will not be able to handle giddings

Giddings by 2 TD

Know_It_All
10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
I thinks I see some very hopeful fans in these two towns. Don't forget that there is always Cuero on the horizon on Region 4. I am not sure right now that LaGrange or Giddings beats the Gobblers.

We will never know that answer most likely!!! From the looks of it Sealy and Cuero will be meeting in the playoffs again this year. La Grange and Giddings will be in the small school playoffs

hookandladder
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sTx

You need to go talk to teetle, he know's much more than you do and beleive it or not makes more sense.

buff4ever
10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
giddings defense will defend smithville better than LG did, that proves nothing in this game, just saying after reading that lg had better defense. our defense will not allow that.

TRENCHES06
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
giddings defense will defend smithville better than LG did, that proves nothing in this game, just saying after reading that lg had better defense. our defense will not allow that.

Agreed. It will be a very tough game against a great defense.

Pudlugger
10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by sTx

They helped put up 45 points on Smithville. The defense was the problem in the Smithville game.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm going to LG this weekend! :cheerl:

Pudlugger
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Does this include the 80 yard kick off return for #8 McHazzlett? That was stupendous, as Bugs would say.:D

TRENCHES06
10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Stats listed do not include #8's remarkable return

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Special team play should factor in big Friday. The Leps have really improved on their kick coverage and kicking game. Wilkerson has been consistently booting the ball deep and shows confidence and poise. The guys get down field fast and cover their zones. The Lep placekicker #13 Henderson who took over mid season after Hugo was injured has made 2 clutch field goals in two close games. He makes his PATs consistantly. He doesn't have great distance but he has proven to be very effective inside 30 yards. The Leps really haven't had a good distance place kicker since Seifert in their Millennium runs for State. Be that as it may, they have been able to get points on the board with their kicking game lately and that is an improvement over recent years.

Pooch kicking on kick offs bothers some fans who don't like the field position it gives up. Need I remind them that McHazzlett's 80 yard return last week is the price teams can pay if they kick deep to the return man who usually is one of the fastest most talented runnera on the team? With a solid defense and the possibility of a fumble recovery pooch kicking is a proven conservative game winning strategy.

Good luck Friday night to our special teams players and all the Leps. Beat Giddings!

WAOBUFFS!
10-21-2009, 08:49 AM
AP POLL
District 25

#8 Sealy
#9 Giddings
#10 La Grange

Wonder what it will be in 2 weeks.

teetle
10-21-2009, 08:53 AM
I be just liking to say that I wish both teams a safe game. I really don'ts knows who ganna win. Should be a good game I got friends in both towns. Yall bes playing for second and third. Good luck.:D :p :weeping:

WAOBUFFS!
10-21-2009, 08:56 AM
AP POLL
District 25

#8 Sealy
#9 Giddings
#10 La Grange

Wonder what it will be in 2 weeks.

You missed my point Mr. Tiddle

CHECK BACK IN 2 WEEKS

teetle
10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I bes not missing any point. I be just wishing my friend Pudcarrier good luck.:D :D :D

WAOBUFFS!
10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Yall bes playing for second and third. Good luck.:D :p :weeping:

So Sealy wins out easily huh??
SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE CONFIDENT TO THE POINT OF BEING A DUMBASS.

Mark it down then folks, Sealy will Donkey Stomp La Grange, Bellville, Smithville.

teetle
10-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Yous might qualify as a dumbass. Sealy mays not win out easily, but theys will win out. Yous already had yous buffoles posterior tore up and may again bys the Lepps. Good Luck.:D :D :bigcry:

WAOBUFFS!
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
we hands full friday night and everybody in giddings knows it.

FORGET YOU IN TITLE TOWN THOUGH.........UNSTOPPABLE.

AND YEAH SEALY BEAT GIDDINGS, KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE.

JUST CHECK BACK IN 2 WEEKS AND SEE STANDINGS, BETTER YET LOOK AROUND ABOUT THANKSGIVING

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 09:34 AM
This thread is about La Grange and Giddings. Why is it Sealy has to get into the discussion? Sealy will get it's shot at La Grange Nov 6th in La Grange. They will get a chance to prove which team is better. Now it is about Giddings/La Grange. This is a huge game for the D25 title. Go Leps, spank the Buffs!:)

44INAROW
10-21-2009, 09:35 AM
This thread is about La Grange and Giddings. Why is it Sealy has to get into the discussion? Sealy will get it's shot at La Grange Nov 6th in La Grange. They will get a chance to prove which team is better. Now it is about Giddings/La Grange. This is a huge game for the D25 title. Go Leps, spank the Buffs!:)

CAUSE BO KNOWS :D

teetle
10-21-2009, 09:37 AM
i hopes everybody comes through the game Friday healthy and mays the best team win. :D :eek: :weeping:

pirate4state
10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm not picking against Giddings again. I'll go with the Buffs in a blow out. Don't make me regret picking against the Leps! :D

Lep fans, don't worry I still think yall will win. Don't tell the Giddings posters. :p

sTx
10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
So Sealy wins out easily huh??
SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE CONFIDENT TO THE POINT OF BEING A DUMBASS.

Mark it down then folks, Sealy will Donkey Stomp La Grange, Bellville, Smithville.

Its all good teetle the LG posters are a little moody because they are gonna come into the sealy game not undefeated :(
GO BUFFS!!!!

GiddingsFan
10-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Hope the weather cooperates. Don't want those whiny Leps to have a reason for why they got beat...

TRENCHES06
10-21-2009, 10:37 AM
No whining allowed. May the best team on Friday win. Plan on playing again Dec. 4.

pirate4state
10-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Plan on playing again Dec. 4. There are just a few times that plan to ruin your plans!

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Hope the weather cooperates. Don't want those whiny Leps to have a reason for why they got beat...

Forecast is for a dry sunny day and cool clear evening, perfect for football. The Leps can win in any weather. They have two mud bowl victories under their belt so far. As I recall Giddings didn't fair too well on that last rainy Friday night. ;)

GiddingsFan
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Rain had nothing to do with it. 5 kids out that week sick and missed practice. That had a lot to do with it. I am not whining like the Leps will on Saturday, just stating facts.

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Rain had nothing to do with it. 5 kids out that week sick and missed practice. That had a lot to do with it. I am not whining like the Leps will on Saturday, just stating facts.

You're not whining, just making excuses eh?

GiddingsFan
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I know... I know... that's what it sounds like. Just stating facts.

Pudlugger
10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
The Leps will be entirely healthy for the first time this season. They have two starting o linemen returning who were out with injuries since day one and game two. The Leps will be ready. Count on it.

GiddingsFan
10-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Good luck to both teams! I will save my trash talking until Saturday.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Good luck to both teams! I will save my trash talking until Saturday.

Thats what i like to do too :D its the right thing to do

lastcall8
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM

So the kids that were sick missed just practice or missed the game altogether?

Because there is a huge difference and would greatly change my thoughts on giddings.

hookandladder
10-22-2009, 05:56 AM

Let's see, what's the difference between whining and excuses. Name one thread where you have seen LG fans whine, just you making things up.

hookandladder
10-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Yous might qualify as a dumbass. Sealy mays not win out easily, but theys will win out. Yous already had yous buffoles posterior tore up and may again bys the Lepps. Good Luck.:D :D :bigcry:

Remember teetle, you are dealing with a rookie on this board. He or she must be a young one full of piss and vinegar.

hookandladder
10-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by sTx
Its all good teetle the LG posters are a little moody because they are gonna come into the sealy game not undefeated :(
GO BUFFS!!!!

I think you are not looking at who is posting this crap, LG fans have said nothing more than supporting our team and not knocking anyone. Wake up.

hookandladder
10-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by lastcall8
So the kids that were sick missed just practice or missed the game altogether?

Because there is a huge difference and would greatly change my thoughts on giddings.

lastcall8, that name seems familiar. Is it your softball team's name because I think I may have played on that team.

teetle
10-22-2009, 09:14 AM
I don'ts knows what the rookies are full of , sometimes i thinks i know. I agree with pudyanker, thes Leps will be well for the first time, thats doesn't bodes well fors the Buffs. I justs wishes everyone well. Mays the bestes team win. :D :D :cheerl:

KONGZILLA
10-22-2009, 09:20 AM
buffs fall this week. very little offense against LG def., will not be able to stop LG 2 headed monster on offense.

'08' semi-finalist buffs will have the backs against wall last 2 games, must win out to even make playoffs

GiddingsFan
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Hookandladder~
Ease up. This is just a fun rivalry. You are taking this too seriously. No, I can't quote who is whining. I was just joking. What is your deal?

LHS 2SONS
10-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Giddings folks what time will ya'll be in LG, and where are you tailgating, i will try and stop by, Good Luck and hoping for a great game

hookandladder
10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Hookandladder~
Ease up. This is just a fun rivalry. You are taking this too seriously. No, I can't quote who is whining. I was just joking. What is your deal?

Do not know how long you have been in or around Giddings but this game is more than just a fun rivalry, not saying this is for blood but it is definitely more than for fun. Your post did not sound like your were joking, also win or lose I would be willing to bet most LG fans on here will not brag or cry after the game. To each his own. Good Luck and you might want to bring a lawn chair, there will be no extra bleachers brought in for the visitor's side.

44INAROW
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA
buffs fall this week. very little offense against LG def., will not be able to stop LG 2 headed monster on offense.

'08' semi-finalist buffs will have the backs against wall last 2 games, must win out to even make playoffs

you're going against Giddings? :eek:

pirate4state
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you're going against Giddings? :eek:

mind games 44, all mind games ;)

GiddingsFan
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I have a close relationship with the Giddings program. I plan on getting there early, thanks for the advice. I have been reading these boards for years. I just now have an email account that isn't free so now I could register. You may perceive that I am a rookie, but I am not. Have a great day.
Go Buffs!

WAOBUFFS!
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Kandyassissyzilla is a traitor, we lose one game is he is off the wagon, BO will shoot his butt he sees him

lastcall8
10-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
lastcall8, that name seems familiar. Is it your softball team's name because I think I may have played on that team.

No i don't play softball, but I do know what team your talking about. If you played for them I probably know you.

1st and goal
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Where is BO??? I ain't heard from him lately....

Going to try to get to the game early, but depends on work.

footballguru
10-22-2009, 02:10 PM
If the leps can hold Giddings to 21 points or less, they should have a good chance to win. Giddings has an explosive offense with speed everywhere on the field. With that type of offense just one missed assignment or missed tackle and bam! they are gone. This game will come down to execution and turnovers. The team that holds on to the ball will win. Giddings defense is aggressive and they have speed as well as size. This was evident in the Liberty Hill game. I have seen both teams play against different opponents and this should be a great game. The difference might be that the buffs played 15 games last year and however many the year before and the Leps do not have anyone on there team that has played in a playoff game. I will be wearing my purple and gold and yelling all game. Go leps

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I agree the keys to victory include:
defense must limit Buffs to 21 or less
few turnovers
few penalties
special teams play: coverage, field position and kicking game will be important.

Basically the Leps need to play a really good game to win.

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Games in LG right? What's the seating like at the stadium? And can someone give me a physical address so I can plug it in my GPS?

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
La Grange will host the Buffs. Seating is limited to around 2500 and the visiting side will be SRO. Bring a lawn chair. The stadium lights will be visible from most all over town. The school is on the corner of Eblin and Jackson St.

From the North of town:Follow Hwy 77 South to Eblin(just before the Colorado River bridge on Hwy 77) turn left and follow down to Jackson turn right to stadium. Visitor parking is on East side follow the road to end of stadium (by buses) turn left into lot follow to East side of stadium to park.

From the South turn right on Eblin just after crossing the Colorado River bridge on Hwy 77. Follow above directions to visitor's parking. You don't need no stinkin' GPS to find the La Grange Leps LOL.:D

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
La Grange will host the Buffs. Seating is limited to around 2500 and the visiting side will be SRO. Bring a lawn chair. The stadium lights will be visible from most all over town. The school is on the corner of Eblin and Jackson St.

From the North of town:Follow Hwy 77 South to Eblin(just before the Colorado River bridge on Hwy 77) turn left and follow down to Jackson turn right to stadium. Visitor parking is on East side follow the road to end of stadium (by buses) turn left into lot follow to East side of stadium to park.

From the South turn right on Eblin just after crossing the Colorado River bridge on Hwy 77. Follow above directions to visitor's parking. You don't need no stinkin' GPS to find thes La Grange Leps LOL.:D So, is the seating by tickets, or just wherever you want.

I'll be by myself, so I can cram in somewhere.... that is... unless someone wants to come with.

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Open seating on visitor's side. Reserved seating on main bleachers on home side.
Come early.

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Open seating on visitor's side. Reserved seating on main bleachers on home side.
Come early. 40-40 is reserved? Kickoff at 7:30?

pirate4state
10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
40-40 is reserved? Kickoff at 7:30? Do you still have the same cell #? I would like updates if you decide to go. :D

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you still have the same cell #? I would like updates if you decide to go. :D np. I got you, not 100% sure if I go... BUT, If I make that trip... then you'll get some texts.

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
40-40 is reserved? Kickoff at 7:30?

Kickoff is at 7:30. Home side 20-20 reserved seating, open seating on visitors' side.

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Kickoff is at 7:30. Home side 20-20 reserved seating, open seating on visitors' side. 20-20? :eek:

omg.

How do I get a reserved seat? You guys doing a M&G? Would love to meet the Giddings and LG peeps.

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 05:21 PM
They go on sale Aug 1st. Only a few fans give up their seats each year. They get passed down through the families LOL. I got mine by camping out at the LGISD office door step from 3AM. I was first in line. They had only 4 or 5 seats available and two other fellas arrived around 4AM. I got two 50 yard line seats a couple rows below the press box. In La Grange it is still tough to get seats although in recent years not a much as back in 2001 when I got mine.

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
They go on sale Aug 1st. Only a few fans give up their seats each year. They get passed down through the families LOL. I got mine by camping out at the LGISD office door step from 3AM. I was first in line. They had only 4 or 5 seats available and two other fellas arrived around 4AM. I got two 50 yard line seats a couple rows below the press box. In La Grange it is still tough to get seats although in recent years not a much as back in 2001 when I got mine. Wanna share? :D

Pudlugger
10-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry, my wife will be going to this one LOL.:D

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Sorry, my wife will be going to this one LOL.:D ok, haha. Maybe I'll sit on the visitor's side.... BUT I wanna cheer for LG. :(

1st and goal
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
ok, haha. Maybe I'll sit on the visitor's side.... BUT I wanna cheer for LG. :(

You might want to squeeze in on LG's side if you're gonna root for them Leaping Leopards..... :cool:

PudLugger, I'll look down a couple rows from the pressbox and wave at ya.:)

PS, I'm bringing a flashlight this time. (you have to read my previous post near the top to understand).

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
M&G?

Mojado
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Remember teetle, you are dealing with a rookie on this board. He or she must be a young one full of piss and vinegar.

So this is my first post, so this makes me a "rookie" on the board.... True.

I've been reading most posts on this forum this year and I find it funny and sad that people like hookandladder(among others) think they are "pros"(for lack of a better word) on the topic of football played by 15-17 year old kids because they have over 1000 posts on this forum(real impressive)...

Who wins? IDK... In 7 years no one will care...

Keep living in the past Hook, and I hope it helps you get over your high school years...

BTW... I did a little research... LG hasn't beat Giddings in 7 years...

Good luck to both teams! And with all this talk, I'll call a 14-10 win by the Buffs... No one respects either defense???

sabre1
10-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Only one thing is for sure. Both teams are going to bring their "A" game. I have been around this game for 25 years (as a player, and spectator). There has been many years that the best team dosen't win. Emotion and Momentum will be huge factor. Throw the records and stats out the window and buckle it up because it is going to be knock down drag out fight

tiger eye
10-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm sure the district stats are a little misleading. In the first district game, field conditions dictated more running plays. Season stats show that the Leps are more of a passing team (208 passing atts vs 142 atts rushing) and over 70% of their yards come off the pass. A lot of those rushing attemts are by the QB, when he can't find an open receiver or flushed out of the pocket.

who keeps and posts district stats ?

interested in seeing the Giddings and La Grange
match up statistically.

game means a lot in this district race !

weather is chilly in La Grange this morning

1st and goal
10-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Perfect football weather. Let's hope the field dries up and the Caldwell grassman stays away...:D

BOCEPHUS
10-23-2009, 06:47 AM
BY GAWD CHILLY I BET. BUT THA RIVURS BE RUNN'EN GOOD, BIG CATS BE FEE'IN ALONG THE BANKS AT NIGHT................TIME FER THEM THROW LINES, STOLE ALL MOMMA'S CLOTHES LINE SHE HAD OUT, PLUS HER EXTRA............FIGURE GET 25 ER SO MADE BEFORE LUNCH.
U FOLKS BEEN A LOOK'EN FER OLE BO....HELL, BEEN RAIN'N I BEEN UP ON THE ROOF PATCH'N AND TARPN..........LOOKS LIKE CLEAR NOW, CAN GET BACK TO RIVER

AS FER AS STATZ, YALL B E A LETT'EN ME KNOE IF'EN STATS MAKES A DAM TONITE....FIGURE STATS SOMETHEN FER NON-PLAYERS TO WORRY ABOUT, ER FER PEOPLE GOT NUTHEN ELSE TO DO BUT TALK BOUT SOMETHING, MAKES'EM FEEL LIKE THEY IMPORANT CUZ THEY THINK'EN THEY BE A KNOW'EN SOMETHING.

SEE U HANYOCKS NEXT WEEK, IF'EN U LUCKY, AND LEAVE SMART ASSS REMARKS ALONE LESS'N YOU WILLN TO COME BY AND VISIT OLE BO

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Must be a lot of mercury in them catfish LOL.:D

hookandladder
10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Mojado

I've been reading most posts on this forum this year and I find it funny and sad that people like hookandladder(among others) think they are "pros"(for lack of a better word) on the topic of football played by 15-17 year old kids because they have over 1000 posts on this forum(real impressive)...

Who wins? IDK... In 7 years no one will care...

Keep living in the past Hook, and I hope it helps you get over your high school years...

Good luck to both teams! And with all this talk, I'll call a 14-10 win by the Buffs... No one respects either defense???

Never claim to know it all(PRO), have said many a time just an arm chair coach like possible you that is on a board giving his or her opinion. As for as my past no football just baseball and basketball, football passes the time til baseball season is here. Do I know you if you know about my past. Sorry to offend you but remember it's just talk. Good Luck to both teams.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I enjoy Hook's commentary. When you post opinions on this forum be prepared to get criticized. Differing points of view are welcome as long as you stay civil. Many posters on this board have been around for a long time and I for one appreciate their perspective. Newbies need to consider that and respect the old folks LOL.

Back on topic. BTHO of Giddings...Go Leps!:D

Mojado
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Newbies need to consider that and respect the old folks LOL.

My point exactly.... you earn respect on this forum by typing more than the other guy... LMAO!!!

Good luck tonite...this is quite a life you lead!!!

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 10:15 AM
My point exactly.... you earn respect on this forum by typing more than the other guy... LMAO!!!

Good luck tonite...this is quite a life you lead!!!

Nobody is disrespecting you. If you disagree with something state your case. If you can't take criticism then don't state your opinion. Have a little respect for others when you do state your opinion and you will be fine. Bless your heart and have a nice day!;)

44INAROW
10-23-2009, 10:19 AM

so what's the last 7 years got to do with this year's game? (since we don't wanna live in the past, you know)

WAOBUFFS!
10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Last 7 years will have nothing to do with the 8th time we Donkey Stomp La Grange. With the exception they will be undefeated for a few more hours, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN, REALITY IS FIXING TO SIT IN.

LHS 2SONS
10-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Last 7 years will have nothing to do with the 8th time we Donkey Stomp La Grange. With the exception they will be undefeated for a few more hours, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN, REALITY IS FIXING TO SIT IN.

Reality will be Giddings 1 - 2 in District

WAOBUFFS!
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
It is perfect setting tonight.
La Grange can lock up playof spot tonight at home.
Can beat a team that has beaten them 7 years in a row.
Undefeated.
Top rated offense.
Set up showdown with Sealy for Dist. Championship.

ONE PROBLEM, THE BOOGEY MAN COMING FROM THE NORTH.
Every reason stated above adds fuel to fire.
buffs got absolutley nothing to lose, everything to gain

pirate4state
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM

Interesting user name. Welcome to the board, wet one.

footballguru
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
The team with nothing to lose is LG. Giddings is ranked higher in the AP polls, they already have a loss in district, they are by far the more talented team as far as speed and size. Giddings has 8 or more players that are faster then LG fastest player. But, fortunately for LG this is not the Texas Relays, the more talented team does not always win. LG needs to play a great game in all three phases for 48 minutes in order to win. Giddings on paper should win the game, but you can not measure heart with a stopwatch or a scale. I take LG in a bloodbath brawl with plenty of big hits from both sides.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by footballguru
The team with nothing to lose is LG. Giddings is ranked higher in the AP polls, they already have a loss in district, they are by far the more talented team as far as speed and size. Giddings has 8 or more players that are faster then LG fastest player. But, fortunately for LG this is not the Texas Relays, the more talented team does not always win. LG needs to play a great game in all three phases for 48 minutes in order to win. Giddings on paper should win the game, but you can not measure heart with a stopwatch or a scale. I take LG in a bloodbath brawl with plenty of big hits from both sides.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :ditto: :2thumbsup

TRENCHES06
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Giddings HAS to win to stay in playoff contention. LaGrange does not.

LaGrange will play hard, fast, and furious. They will play with their hearts and with great energy. If things bounce their way they may be able to pull off a great victory. Either way, it doesn't change the playoff picture that much for the Leps.

For the Buffaloes, it's a different story.....
The pressure is on those gifted athletes from Giddings

buff4ever
10-23-2009, 11:20 AM
This is really funny actually. LG posters are really excited about this game and season so far, AND THEY SHOULD BE, it is a very talented team that was expected to compete for a playoff spot.

They have a little more reason to be excited for this game than they did last year. Pre-district went well last year, and again this year. However this year they managed to beat a limping bellville offense, and pull out a shootout victory with SMITHVILLE. So LG peeps are excited, they lose to Giddings and Sealy and beat Columbus, they are still in the playoffs. So they have nothing to lose, upset Giddings and keep Championship hopes alive. Could you imagine the swing from the past many years to a district champion. That would be huge for LG.

BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Giddings defense will be too good, and the talent on offense will score enough to win. This will be a good game and won't be decieded til the last few minutes, but Giddings will maintain control the whole game, and finish on top.

This will be the best team LG has played yet, and REALITY will set in slightly. But you will be a VERY worthy playoff team.

Let's enjoy the game and a little rivalry action.

GiddingsFan
10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Agree!

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I've got a feelin' there's gonna be some wailing and gnashing of teeth in Giddings around 10:30 tonight while the Leps raise their victory flag! Go Leps, batter the Buffs!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Mojado
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM

The pressure is on those gifted athletes from Giddings

:clap: :clap: :clap: Just in case things don't go your way tonite...LMAO

lastcall8
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Watched film on both teams, say giddings by 10. To much speed on the buffs team for LG to overcome. I'm actually coming down for this one though so very excited. Any good places to eat in LG?

WAOBUFFS!
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
[

For the Buffaloes, it's a different story.....
The pressure is on those gifted athletes from Giddings [/B]

14 of these buffs played 11 pressure packed games last year, OF THE 15 GAMES THEY PLAYED.

TARGET ON LEPS BACK, THEY UNDEFEATED, BIG TIME OFFENSE, "IS THEIR YEAR". JUST NORMAL GAME FOR BUFFS, PRESSURE ON THE LEPS!!!!!

buff4ever
10-23-2009, 01:30 PM
This is a rival, and these two teams always show up to play each other. Very few games over the years has one pulled away out of control from the other, maybe once or twice giddings has in the past 7 years, but not very often either way.

I don't think that pressure is going to play a part, if there is more on one team or the other it would probably be giddings, we hadn't experienced 2 district losses very much lately. Leps want to be district champs, but that isn't necessarily pressure, when they all but have locked a spot in the playoffs, just so they beat columbus.

I just can't wait to see the LG fans deflate again. I don't know why that is so fun to watch, but it is. :D :D :D

bobcat04
10-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I truly believe we will find out tonight how good Lagrange is. Giddings has proven themselves. Can Lagrange stop Giddings enought to win the game? If they can it will be a wail of a football game.

footballguru
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I agree with you bobcat. Giddings has proved how good they are, this year and for the last couple of years. THis game wether LG wins are not, will prove if the leps are for real. If the leps win or keep it close I think LG will make a good playoff run. If Giddings runs away with it then the LEPS are no better than an average team. I respect the Buffs and I know they are a great team, but I am rooting for the LEPS. By the way, one poster wrote that he has watched film on both teams, does this mean that he is a coach?

warda
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I've got a feelin' there's gonna be some wailing and gnashing of teeth in Giddings around 10:30 tonight while the Leps raise their victory flag! Go Leps, batter the Buffs!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Pud, I know you know high school football. You've been watching since your boy was a big part of the Leopard's past successes, but I have to disagree. Buffs by 10.

buff4ever
10-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by warda
Pud, I know you know high school football. You've been watching since your boy was a big part of the Leopard's past successes, but I have to disagree. Buffs by 10.

From the middle ground warda, the scales have tipped our way. I like it.

:D :D

Pud knows his football, he is just being optimistic. Can't blame anyone for that.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
From the middle ground warda, the scales have tipped our way. I like it.

:D :D

Pud knows his football, he is just being optimistic. Can't blame anyone for that.

The Leps fell short last year in Giddings 36-29. Both teams bring back many of their starters from 2008 and have improved. This year the Leps have home field advantage. With all else being equal that may be enough to put them up and over this year.

1st and goal
10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Sure could use a good wardaburger 'bout now!

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Sure could use a good wardaburger 'bout now!

Buffalo Burgers sound good to me!:D

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Well i'm off to the game. Good luck to the Leps and let's have a clean injury free game.

GiddingsFan
10-24-2009, 07:37 AM
That was the best game I have ever seen! Awesome!

1st and goal
10-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Both teams left it all on the field. I'm still in awe. Wish I had filmed it. Stands were packed. Refs were decent (except for a couple of questionable calls).

Highpoints
Players on both sides. LG QB was an athlete, #9 receiver, O and D lines and many others. LG coaching. We certainly got out coached in the 1st half. LG had an excellent game plan to keep our speed out of the game. For the most part I think LG controlled the game with their play and coaching.
Giddings #2 Corey Brite played great on both sides of the line, #7 QB Wehr, #4 Mack, #20 Rimes, O and D lines and many others.

Lowpoints-Giddings turnovers nearly cost them the game in the 1st half. I think there were 3 or 4. It really taxed our D. LG made good on the situations by either scoring or driving deep giving Giddings horrible field position. (I'll let the LG fans point out their lowpoints.)

My wife even said how awesome it was and how hard LG played.

A couple of Band students took it upon themselves the 2nd half to roust the crowd. I think this may have been a big help to rally the team from the deficit they had given up. I think at one point LG was winning something like 26-7 maybe?

Buffgal
10-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Great game to watch. Only game I have seen better was last year's Giddings vs Bellville, double OT @ the Woodlands.

LG definitely had the game plan in place to keep Buffs Offense off the field. Hard to score points when you are on the sidelines watching.

LG offensive line, #9 and QB combo provided all the ammunition they needed. A few passes caught and Buffs would wake up this morning feeling a lot different.

Agree that Giddings turnovers almost cost them the game but have to say that the LG turnover recovered in the 3rd quarter over on the LG sideline was what broke it open for the Buffs. Corey Brite was a great example after half of a "take charge kind of guy". Personally I would give him and the defense the game ball.

:clap: :clap: :clap: to the band students who took our school spirit into their own hands. I know them all very well and I am posting this morning to tell all who see them that they deserve a big "atta kid". They are Patrick Gres, Mr. Saxophone D. Fonville and former band guy David Hall. They swiped some megaphones from the cheerleaders and got the crowd organized and yelling.

What has happened to all of our noise makers?????? FYI All you have to do is save a Gatorade bottle and put a couple of rocks in it. Minor expense and even less talent to make some noise for the Buffs. Challenge all the Buff fans to have a DIY project at home and bring it to the game.

If I am able to go to another game, I'm breaking out the laundry detergent jug again( I might as well because the baseball team has forbidden me to bring it to the baseball games) This is a public warning to Mr. Curtis Urban who avoids me like the plague because of all the noise I make.

I could hardly stand it that our crowd wasn't rockin in the 1st half & trying to help out the team with some good old fashioned momentum changing kind of noise . Our teams in the past have always fed off the crowds support and this one is no different. They expect it and then don't hear it :doh: I know sometimes they are not doing things perfectly but you should still be cheering because they are out there still trying, I can assure you.

KUDOS to those band students for taking charge and helping out their classmates on the football field.

Good luck Buffs, Smithville will be another battle and LG will have their hands full with Sealy, might want to bring that same game plan of keeping their offense off the field.

GiddingsFan
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I thought the crowd was lousy on our side for the first half. The band kids did a great job ... made a huge difference.

Great job COACHES and KIDS. You work hard and we all see that. Great job FITZHENRY for leading Giddings to another win... I believe we are in the 60's for your total wins at Giddings...

WAO
Beat the heck outta Smithville...

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I have to say how impressive the Buff offense was last night scoring 29 points in the last 18 minutes of the game to pull what looked like a sure Lep win out of the fire. That being said what the heck happened to the Lep D? For two and a half quarters they played with great intensity and had the Buffs tied up. Then they just seemed to fold when the Buffs scored in the middle of the third period. I guess you can say the Giddings offense happened but the Lep D just seemed to fall apart. I felt like this after the Smithville game as well when the Tigers kept putting up points on the board even as the Lep offense rolled. The La Grange D better shape up soon because you can't rely on the offense to get it done against the caliber of teams they will face in the coming weeks.:(

Great game though and kudos to Giddings for their spectacular come from behind win.

fanofthegame
10-24-2009, 06:09 PM
just my thought, the lep d played good, just got tired. giddings' o was on the field and had the lep d tired. if you looked at the def. front, they had their hands on their hips and breathing hard.

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Initially in the middle of the third quarter when Giddings recovered the fumble right after scoring to narrow the lead to 27-14 I noticed a sense of panic on the Lep defense. They just started to miss coverage assignments and failed to wrap up on their tackles. On the two point conversion by #7 they were completely absent on the right side of the line. The defensive end and corner linebacker just disappeared into the middle biting on the fake over center. It was obvious that the Buffs were coming back at the Leps with their ears pinned back and the Leps just appeared to freeze up. I hope they get their mojo back by Friday because they need to win out to stay in the district race.

Mojado
10-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Initially in the middle of the third quarter when Giddings recovered the fumble right after scoring to narrow the lead to 27-14 I noticed a sense of panic on the Lep defense. They just started to miss coverage assignments and failed to wrap up on their tackles. On the two point conversion by #7 they were completely absent on the right side of the line. The defensive end and corner linebacker just disappeared into the middle biting on the fake over center. It was obvious that the Buffs were coming back at the Leps with their ears pinned back and the Leps just appeared to freeze up. I hope they get their mojo back by Friday because they need to win out to stay in the district race.

Good opinion... Here's another, maybe the Giddings O made some half-time adjustments? I don't know as much as most of yall on this site so it's just another possible reason for the "lack" of D from LG in the 2nd half...

I also read that LG only had to go 45 yds in 2 minutes to win it and didn't... Just curious as to what happened with that high powered O in the end... Not stirrin the pot just curious from yall that were there...

Last thing, is it true that the LG D coordinator is gonna get the Bellville job when it opens... rumors on another forum...

Pudlugger
10-25-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm sure there were adjustments but you would expect that they could make some adjustments as well. It seemed they just lost their focus. As for the last drive, the Leps had to throw under the prevent coverage and that meant using the clock up to the point that when they got to the 17 there was only 11 seconds left. They choose to throw to #5 as #9 was in double coverage. The ball sailed just a little too long and he couldn't make a diving catch. The last play was to #8 over the middle at the 2 and the Sealy defender made a great play to bat the ball down. It just wasn't LG's night. Everything went Giddings way in crunch time. They played a tremendous second half. If the Leps can get their defense going again they might have a shot in the playoffs.

I don't know and haven't heard anything about the DC going to Bellville except some comment made in one of the threads on here. You would think that these things would be held in confidence and not plastered up on bulletin boards. Hope it is just that ...a rumor.

Know_It_All
10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm sure there were adjustments but you would expect that they could make some adjustments as well. It seemed they just lost their focus. As for the last drive, the Leps had to throw under the prevent coverage and that meant using the clock up to the point that when they got to the 17 there was only 11 seconds left. They choose to throw to #5 as #9 was in double coverage. The ball sailed just a little too long and he couldn't make a diving catch. The last play was to #8 over the middle at the 2 and the Sealy defender made a great play to bat the ball down. It just wasn't LG's night. Everything went Giddings way in crunch time. They played a tremendous second half. If the Leps can get their defense going again they might have a shot in the playoffs.

I don't know and haven't heard anything about the DC going to Bellville except some comment made in one of the threads on here. You would think that these things would be held in confidence and not plastered up on bulletin boards. Hope it is just that ...a rumor.

For the time being lets just say it is a rumor. Since the season isnt over the Head coaching job in Bellville is not open.

I am sure that this rumor was started by some fan that does not like the current Head Coach. No sense in thinking anything else until you see the current Hd Coach resign or get reassigned.

allforball
10-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Know_It_All
For the time being lets just say it is a rumor. Since the season isnt over the Head coaching job in Bellville is not open.

I am sure that this rumor was started by some fan that does not like the current Head Coach. No sense in thinking anything else until you see the current Hd Coach resign or get reassigned.

DC at LG would make a fine Head Coach. Great motivator, kids play for him. Genuine guy, tells you like it is.

Know_It_All
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by allforball
DC at LG would make a fine Head Coach. Great motivator, kids play for him. Genuine guy, tells you like it is.

Never said he would not make a good Head Coach. Just said that the job is not open so there is no sense in talking about it

allforball
10-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Know_It_All
Never said he would not make a good Head Coach. Just said that the job is not open so there is no sense in talking about it
Not implying that's what you thought, just stating an opinion. Easy! Just as surprised Bellville would even be considering a new HC. Certain it's just a rumor also.