PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13 FINAL

striker
10-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13

Great game played tonight by the Rattlers.

rockdale80
10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by striker
Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13

Great game played tonight by the Rattlers.

Four starters on the bench is no excuse for that hammering. Good game Rattlers. Hope Rockdale bounces back for the better. GO TIGERS!!!

and GOOD LUCK RATTLERS.

OldBison75
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Navasota came out of the gate with a completely different attitude tonight. Offensively the Rattlers put up over 450 yards of total offense on the Rockdale defense to go with the 41 points. Hildreth had 198 rushing and 163 passing in the game. Just a great all around game tonight.

On a sour note, Navasota starting center McDuffie injured his knee in the first half and did not return. Sources on the sidelines say that the injury is only a sprain but he was on crutches with a brace in the second half. His replacement played exceptionally well. If McDuffie is out for long, it will be a big blow to this offensive line that has played togather for a couple of years.

Global Swarming
10-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I was at this game and all I can say is what a difference a week makes. Too much speed for the Rockdale defense. The passing game was alot better tonight. It was an all around good game for the Rattlers. I know that Rockdale will be ready for us next week and I just hope that we don't come out flat after the off week like we did against Madisonville.

aggiejon85
10-16-2009, 11:43 PM
OVER RATED, Rockdale got Dominated on both sides of the line tonight. I knew Rockdale's offense was weak, but it surprised me how weak there defense was, I guess thats what happen's when you go up against a great offensive line like Navasota's. This was Rockdale's first real test of the year and the go blew out. Hopefully they bounce back and look good against Caldwell next friday.

shamu85
10-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Looks like maybe the anemic offense finally caught up to Rockdale.

aggiejon85
10-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah it was only a matter of time.

Global Swarming
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
I hope Rockdale doesn't look good until after next week lol.

OldBison75
10-16-2009, 11:52 PM
If Caldwell plays next week with the same fire in thier eyes they did last week, they will be okay. The better not come out flat against Rockdale in Rockdale though. Good luck next week to both teams!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice rebound Snakes!

aggiejon85
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
When I say look good, I mean dont get blown out like they did tonight. Caldwell will beat Rockdale it's just a matter of by how many points.

Global Swarming
10-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Easy now you can't base the whole season on one game. Rockdale didn't have a good game but that doesn't mean that we're going to beat them just by showing up. We're going to have to play a near flawless game. Rockdale has a really good team. Navasota just had too much speed and Rockdale turned it over too many times. Should be a good one next Friday night. I hope the Rockdale kid that was injured tonight is going to be okay. Does anyone have any news on him?

aggiejon85
10-17-2009, 12:09 AM
I guess i do need to calm down alittle, I kind of had a feeling Rockdale would lose tonight, but i though there defense would keep it close. It should be a good game next friday, Rockdale and Caldwell always play each other close.

87 TIGER
10-17-2009, 12:10 AM
No news on him yet, not good could be another LB down. Were pretty banged up we need to get healthy quick.

Global Swarming
10-17-2009, 12:13 AM
It didn't look good when they had to help him off the field. The last 2 weeks just hasn't been good for the Tigers injury and illness wise. Hopefully they will be healthy for next week.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Navasota:
293 Rushing
*****Hildreth 16-194, 3 TD
*****Burrell 14-51, TD
*****Jones 7-51, TD
163 Passing, All Hildreth
*****Creeks 3 rec-46
*****Collins 2 rec-90, TD
Rockdale:
108 Rushing
*****Chelf 19-88
*****Sanders 8-(-2), TD
110 Passing
*****Sanders 75 yds, 2 INT
*****#15 35 yds, INT
*****Elliot 2 rec-46

Navasota turned in another good effort against Rockdale defensively, with the three picks coming on Tiger drives that weren't 3 and outs. Alfon Taylor had two great interceptions in the second half to ignite the defense. Rockdale picked on our secondary more than any other team has so far, so I was a little nervous, but they really stepped it up. Rockdale's #6 is a big time ball hawking linebacker, and he was giving us fits at times. I think as good as Navasota played tonight, one thing stood out, and that is that Kye and Tevin, the big QB-WR combo, were off on their timing tonight, the last leading to a 4th down pick by the Tigers preceding their final drive. But other than that, Kye Hildreth bounced back from that lackluster effort in Burleson County and led his team to an impressive victory over the #10 Tigers. I was expecting a Rattler victory, and they did not let me down.

Naturally, I kind of root for Rockdale, so I will be pulling for them as Caldwell comes to town next Friday. To add to the excitement, a Tiger victory would more than likely put Navasota back into the driver's seat for a district title, due to the amount of points scored tonight. Either way, good game Rattlers, all you can do is win from here on out, and hope that things fall in your favor. Caldwell and Rockdale, good luck, and I pray for no injuries.

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Hats off to Navasota. The Rattlers came out ready to play. No excuses here we just plain and simple got beat. But hey it may be just what the doctor ordered. Tigers rebound next week .

SintonFan
10-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Hats off to Navasota. The Rattlers came out ready to play. No excuses here we just plain and simple got beat. But hey it may be just what the doctor ordered. Tigers rebound next week .

What team are you on or support?

You said "we"... so are you from Rockdale?

cntdwn
10-17-2009, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
To add to the excitement, a Tiger victory would more than likely put Navasota back into the driver's seat for a district title, due to the amount of points scored tonight. Either way, good game Rattlers, all you can do is win from here on out, and hope that things fall in your favor. Caldwell and Rockdale, good luck, and I pray for no injuries.

If two or more teams finish with the same district record, the point spreads don't matter when determining the district champs. It would be co- or tri-champs. And Navasota would go Div. I anyway so it wouldn't be a driver's seat situation because only Caldwell vs. Rockdale could determine playoff opponents in Div. II.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
If two or more teams finish with the same district record, the point spreads don't matter when determining the district champs. It would be co- or tri-champs. And Navasota would go Div. I anyway so it wouldn't be a driver's seat situation because only Caldwell vs. Rockdale could determine playoff opponents in Div. II.

If so, then something has changed. I must be living in the past. Oh well, it happens.