TheDOCTORdre
10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Wylie lead 7-0
just missed a 43 yd FG

listen to it live:

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/SLPLayer.aspx?KHXS-FM

TheDOCTORdre
10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Snyder fumbles Wylie recovers and runs it in for a TD.
14-0

Anyone know why Snyders qb didnt come in until the 2nd quarter?

skins4life
10-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Snyder fumbles Wylie recovers and runs it in for a TD.
14-0

Anyone know why Snyders qb didnt come in until the 2nd quarter?

Just heard from a good source he was sick all week!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Just heard from a good source he was sick all week!!

ok cause the radio announcers were saying something about maybe discipline but they were just guessing

Snyder_TigerFan
10-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
ok cause the radio announcers were saying something about maybe discipline but they were just guessing

....and that is wrong for them to guess something like that....especially on air. But that doesn't surprise me. I believe they said "they heard it was disiplinary reasons".

wyliefan
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Wylie's offense looks a little sluggish, but the D is dominating Snyder.

Snyder is blitzing every play and it is keeping Wylie off balance. I would expect several adjustment in the second half.

blowfish
10-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
....and that is wrong for them to guess something like that....especially on air. But that doesn't surprise me. I believe they said "they heard it was disiplinary reasons".

How do you know it was for discipline? BAsed on the way they were talking and the way the kid didnt participate with the pre game offense but did everything else, and came in during the 2nd half is seems plausible to me.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
How do you know it was for discipline? BAsed on the way they were talking and the way the kid didnt participate with the pre game offense but did everything else, and came in during the 2nd half is seems plausible to me.

Because he was sick. And since he didn't participate during pre game, he was out for disiplinary reasons??:rolleyes:

And just for the record, he came in for one play, fumbled and Wylie returned it for a TD. Otherwise it would be 7-0.

Snyder offense needs to make adjustments and do something different.

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Because he was sick. And since he didn't participate during pre game, he was out for disiplinary reasons??:rolleyes:

And just for the record, he came in for one play, fumbled and Wylie returned it for a TD. Otherwise it would be 7-0.

Snyder offense needs to make adjustments and do something different.

He participated in the pregame just no with the offense.

Looking4number8
10-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Is the score still 14-0?

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:10 PM
No big deal...dont think it would made a difference though.

Hope he gets better and they do well the rest of the way.

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Is the score still 14-0?

Yes

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds like this game is getting a little dirty.....

Looking4number8
10-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds like this game is getting a little dirty.....

??????

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
anouncers are saying there is a lot of piling on after the whistle. Sliding in and hitting while they are on the ground. It is usually always a chippy game in Snyder. Not saying they are dirty but I can tell you the games I have seen live there is always some hittin going on!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:22 PM
49 yard field goal 56 seconds left in third

Wylie 17 - Snyder 0

slingshot
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
17-0 Wylie. Gray hit a 49 yard FG!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
echo... echo... echo... :D

Looking4number8
10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Gray hit a 49 yard FG!

Impressive!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Now they say the bands are battling it out!

I hate I missed this game!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Wylie band just caused Snyder offense to jump and Snyder coach is livid!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:42 PM
4th and ten Snyder at their 21 .... A sack with a fumble...

Wylie's ball! 4:55 left in 4th @47

They are saying the coach is going crazy!

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Wylie fumble ... Snyder ball @ their 37

Still 17 - 0 Wylie

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Wylie ball @ own 33 after Snyder punt

17- 0 little over 3 min left

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Snyder @ own 42 first down under 2 minutes left

michaelp23
10-16-2009, 09:56 PM
4th and ten Snyder at their 21 .... A sack with a fumble...

Wylie's ball! 4:55 left in 4th @47

They are saying the coach is going crazy!

:rolleyes:

blowfish
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
1:03 left Snyder ball .......

Brownwood and Graham win....

Wylie intercepts the ball ........ 39 seconds left

michaelp23
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Wylie is trying to kneel the ball to run out the clock. Snyder's players are teeing off taking cheap shots. It happens every year. Just saying.....

blowfish
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
And that is the ball game.... great shutout for the Defense. Wylie defense outscored Snyders Offense 7 - 0

Good luck to the Tiger the rest of the year.

Looks like it will be Wylie, Brownwood, and Graham in the playoffs.

Looking4number8
10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
And that is the ball game.... great shutout for the Defense. Wylie defense outscored Snyders Offense 7 - 0

Good luck to the Tiger the rest of the year.

Looks like it will be Wylie, Brownwood, and Graham in the playoffs.

I hope you are right but we still have to beat Snyder to make that happen. thanks for the vote of confidence though!

slingshot
10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Snyder coach high-fives player delivering cheap shot to defenseless player on kneel down play. Real class. :rolleyes:

blowfish
10-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Our kids need a home game. Bye week then two out of town games... Cant wait till next Friday night...

GO DAWGS!

BwdLion73
10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Snyder coach high-fives player delivering cheap shot to defenseless player on kneel down play. Real class. :rolleyes: :eek: :(

slingshot
10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I hope you are right but we still have to beat Snyder to make that happen. thanks for the vote of confidence though! Come on Brownwood! Gonna root hard for ya'll against these guys.

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Snyder coach high-fives player delivering cheap shot to defenseless player on kneel down play. Real class. :rolleyes:

Apparently you were not at the game. The player was trying to time the snap of the ball and the quarterback never kneeled down and the whistle had not been blown...then the coach pulled him out and talked to him...

Good Job Tiger Defense holding the Bulldogs offense to only 10 points.......

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
anouncers are saying there is a lot of piling on after the whistle. Sliding in and hitting while they are on the ground. It is usually always a chippy game in Snyder. Not saying they are dirty but I can tell you the games I have seen live there is always some hittin going on!

Your first mistake is listening to the BIASED announcers from Wylie... There were alot of block in the backs by wylie that didn't even get called including the clip by a Wylie player right infront of the Ref, but I guess his glasses got fogged up bout that time....

Oh and you can tell the ANNOUNCERS that our QB was sick all week, not out due to disciplinary actions.... Maybe they need to get their facts straight BEFORE airing it out on radio,.......

ccmom
10-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Well I WAS at the game, and am still on the road and I didn't see it that way at all! Anyway.....GO DAWGS, LIONS, STANGS and BUCS! (And DaHop!)

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well I WAS at the game, and am still on the road and I didn't see it that way at all! Anyway.....GO DAWGS, LIONS, STANGS and BUCS!

I guess with you being from Wylie you wouldn't see it that way now would you....

michaelp23
10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
Your first mistake is listening to the BIASED announcers from Wylie... There were alot of block in the backs by wylie that didn't even get called including the clip by a Wylie player right infront of the Ref, but I guess his glasses got fogged up bout that time....

Oh and you can tell the ANNOUNCERS that our QB was sick all week, not out due to disciplinary actions.... Maybe they need to get their facts straight BEFORE airing it out on radio,.......

They never said they knew why he was out. They made it very clear that it could be any one of a number of reasons. Just speculation, they were very careful not to jump to conlusions.

And BTW, thanks for the tip about how Wylie fans should listen to the game. I'm sure Snyder's announcers are absolutely neutral and don't pull for one team over the other.

VWG
10-16-2009, 11:03 PM
TASO is always looking for officials. The best officials and coaches are always in one place..... IN THE STANDS!

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
They never said they knew why he was out. They made it very clear that it could be any one of a number of reasons. Just speculation, they were very careful not to jump to conlusions.

And BTW, thanks for the tip about how Wylie fans should listen to the game. I'm sure Snyder's announcers are absolutely neutral and don't pull for one team over the other.

EVERYONE KNOWS HOW BIASED THE WYLIE ANNOUNCERS ARE...

I don't think people need to come on and say Snyder was playing dirty and say our coach condoned it. Coach Rogers is the last one to condone that kind of behavior.. Just because our defense held your offense to only 10 points, then I guess it had to be due to "dirty playing" by Snyder and not a GREAT DEFENSIVE EFFORT!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Just saying..... And yes you seem to say it every year. I guess you witnessed it all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-16-2009, 11:10 PM

I don't think people need to come on and say Snyder was playing dirty and say our coach condoned it. Coach Rogers is the last one to condone that kind of behavior.. Just because our defense held your offense to only 10 points, then I guess it had to be due to "dirty playing" by Snyder and not a GREAT DEFENSIVE EFFORT!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't know what happened...just what I have read here!!

But I just CANNOT imagine Coach Rogers high fiving his kids because of a dirty play.

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
anouncers are saying there is a lot of piling on after the whistle. Sliding in and hitting while they are on the ground. It is usually always a chippy game in Snyder. Not saying they are dirty but I can tell you the games I have seen live there is always some hittin going on! It amazes sometimes how when you can only observe one side of the field how it's always the other team who is hitting late. If you were paying much attention to the game there were alot of hits that Cliff Harris made famous. Hits that were just a little late but not enough that an official is going to call it. Lots of helmet to helmet contact as well that was not called and possible a couple of missed facemask. Just my perspective.

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Wylie band just caused Snyder offense to jump and Snyder coach is livid! I do love this one though since both coaches were on the field enough that technically both teams has 12 men on the field most of the night.

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 11:15 PM
49 yard field goal 56 seconds left in third

Wylie 17 - Snyder 0 And back to the ballgame, the 49 yard field goal would have probably been good from 56.

Congratulations Wylie!!!!!!!!!

tigerbyheart
10-16-2009, 11:18 PM
On a positive note, Wylie's offense IMO is the best we've seen. Just when you think you've got him Preston makes a play to keep his offense moving the chains. He keeps his cool and I think he will take the Bulldogs far into the playoffs.

I am so proud of the Tigers for not giving up and playing their hearts out especially on defense.:cheerl: :cheerl:

skins4life
10-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I listened to "The Bear" for a while and got tired of one of the announcers calling Coach Rogers a "whiner" because he was out on the field talking to the ref about a penalty called on one of his players. This guy kept saying he spends more time on the field than on the sidelines. I've never been to a Wylie game that Coach Hugh(sp) didn't spend more time on the field than on the sidelines.

Scholar
10-16-2009, 11:24 PM
You gotta hand it to Snyder, not many thought it would be as close as it was. It sounds like they played a pretty good defensive game. Wylie's defense may be the best in the state so it's not much of a surprise that they were able to keep Snyder's offense in check.

skins4life
10-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't know if it's the best in the state, but it was pretty dang good tonight!!

wyliefan
10-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Just arrived home from the game. Both defenses played well with Wylie's making the plays on third down.

It appeared that Wylie's offense was running basic formations after they got up 14-0. I guess Hugh was going to let the defense do it's job. The offense was much more dynamic the last few games, but that could be attributed to a good Snyder defense (middle LB was a good player for the Tigers) or a little of both.

In my opinion the refs missed some calls for both sides, and there was some questionable calls, but they seemed to be against both teams. At the end of the game the player from Snyder should not be trying to guess the snap count with 30 seconds left, when you are down 17 and the other team is clearly going to down the ball.

It will be nice to have a home game after two difficult road games.

Good luck Snyder the rest of the year.

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 12:56 AM
I hope you are right but we still have to beat Snyder to make that happen. thanks for the vote of confidence though! better hope you have a different officiating crew when you play them...the guys we had tonight missed (or ignored) several cheap shots and at least two very obvious offsides...which happens a lot when you blitz every single down. Also, one of our players was blocked into (actually thrown) their punter and we got called for it. Btw...the blitzing "every single down" is not an exaggeration...your coaches will see it on film. Snyder is fast/hyper aggressive on defense and their players tackle very well...get ready.

garciap77
10-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Snyder's defense is by far the best we have played. They did an excellent job holding our offense to 10 points! Our defense also played an excellent game. I knew going into this game that it was going to be close. That's just the way it is when we play Snyder. Good job to both teams!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
Don't know if it's the best in the state, but it was pretty dang good tonight!! Considering that the first team defense has only been scored on twice this year...that wouldn't be too much of a stretch.;) Of course there is still some ball to be played..and a showdown with the McCoy clan.

garciap77
10-17-2009, 01:15 AM

Hint! THEY ARE WYLIE ANNOUNCERS! Why would they not be biased?:D

It was a great defensive effort!:clap:

But, all that matters is we won the game!:clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
10-17-2009, 06:50 AM
I ask this every year and I will continue to ask it even though I didnt go to the game, Why does Snyder allow home fans to sit on the visitor side? Maybe it would be different if they allowed overflow after the homeside filed but nooooooo there are folks that head right for the visting teams bleachers as soon as they walk in the gate. I say next time they come to Wylie we allow all the high school students in early and sit them right smack dab middle of the visiting aide.

injuredinmelee
10-17-2009, 07:19 AM
why would you try to time the snap count on a victory formation?

blowfish
10-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It amazes sometimes how when you can only observe one side of the field how it's always the other team who is hitting late. If you were paying much attention to the game there were alot of hits that Cliff Harris made famous. Hits that were just a little late but not enough that an official is going to call it. Lots of helmet to helmet contact as well that was not called and possible a couple of missed facemask. Just my perspective.

I am usually in agreement with most of your posts but I think you are a little thin skinned on this one. I was not at the game I can only go by what was being said on the radio and the text messages I was getting. I have however senn Wylie and Snyder play many many times.

When I posted about the diryt and chippy play I didnt indicate which side was doing so. It sounded to me as if both teams were starting to get to the point when there could be some problems. Then the Snyder coach went crazy on our band. Of course I wasnt there but based on the crowd noise and band noise something was definetly going on.

AS for the blitzing with thirty seconds left and we are in victory formation? Please try to defend those actions because I think you will look a little biased yourself. Only one reason you do that. Anger, Frustration, and Retaliation.

By the way I dont want to get in a war of words over this just want to give my $.02. The game is over, we finally get to play at home after 3 weeks and the District looks like this

Wylie
Grham
Brownwood

injuredinmelee
10-17-2009, 07:34 AM
DId the official really tell Sandifer to have the band quiet down cause Rogers got his panties in a wad because they were too loud and called a timeout to whine about it?

squid
10-17-2009, 07:45 AM
we could argue the officiating/play on the field issues for eternity....bad calls/missed calls on both sides, that's just football.

Snyder had a chance with about 8 minutes left to make this a game. They were driving deep in the south end of the field and had Wylie's defense on it's heels. Every play was yielding 5-8 yds. Then, on cue just like last year.....the Snyder coach had to step out on the field and complain about the Wylie band being too loud. After Sandifer had them stop playing you could see a change in our defense. It fired them and the crowd up, and that drive was over. What was funny about it, the Snyder band was seated on the south end and THEY WERE PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME! Coach R, get over it....the bands are part of Friday nights too.

squid
10-17-2009, 07:54 AM
and I agree with injuredinthemelee on the fan seating deal.....at the start of the game it appeared the Snyder side was a little over half full. We still had Snyder fans filing in to the Wylie side.

I saw about 10 Snyder kids sit above our student section, followed by 5 of our admin/principals, so I wasnt worried about that...

But north of the coaches box @ about the 40 yd line there was a group of Snyder folks that made it clear they were there to stir things up. Two pretty vocal dudes in their bunch were either drunk or had never watched football before......they cheered for the wrong things alot. They all left at halftime, so it turned out not to be that big a deal....but left us all wondering what this bunch was thinking....:thinking:

DU_stud04
10-17-2009, 10:14 AM
snyder has always had fan problems with them sitting on the visitor side when their side has plenty of room.... but then again sweetwater used to sit their ENTIRE jrhigh/high school student section on the visitors side. it happens every game i go to, even wylie games ill see a few over excited bulldog fans sitting on the wrong side... and im not just talking about last years lavega game where administration actually gave an apology here on the board. ive also seen wylie give their fair share of cheap shots. just sayin....

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Every team has some of those over zealous fans.... except Brownwood, were perfect!:)

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 10:30 AM
:hijacktd: :1offtopc: :2thumbsup
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say:

shnydr SUCKS!!!!

ccmom
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM
DaHop....thanks for the hot chocolate. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to visit with you. :(

Snyder_TigerFan
10-17-2009, 01:26 PM
This has been comical.

The Tiger fans sit on the visitor side because the season ticket holders buy season tickets every year and only go to certain games. The only tickets that you can buy are front row seats. I rarely sit on the home side for that reason. I went to the first half tonight and was sorely disappointed in the amount of season ticket holders that were at the game. And those that were there do not "get into" the game. There just is not very much crowd support. There were plenty of seats available that they can't sell.

That being said...great effort by the Tiger defense, again this week. They've come around and are playing fantastic. Would our starting QB made a difference if he could have played? Absolutely. Zijeck did a very good job, but #1 is the starter for a reason. Could we have won? I don't know, but it would have been a different game. #26 has been a BEAST on defense. He is doing an outstanding job.

Looking4number8
10-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by squid
Two pretty vocal dudes in their bunch were either drunk or had never watched football before......they cheered for the wrong things alot. They all left at halftime,

I rarely sit on the home side for that reason. I went to the first half tonight and was sorely disappointed in the amount of season ticket holders that were at the game.

Dang STF, are you one of those touble makers? Just messing with ya

Pendragon13
10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
DId the official really tell Sandifer to have the band quiet down cause Rogers got his panties in a wad because they were too loud and called a timeout to whine about it? No, I think they told the Snyder coach that bands are part of high school football, just like officials on the field that sometimes get in the way...and crowd noise. I believe Sandifer motioned for the band to keep playing (which they did) and our crowd got even louder after that bit of nonsense.

squid
10-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Sandifer told the band to stop playing THAT song. So they just chose another....

Rocket
10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.lambcity.com/images/LCC%20Hillbilly%20weekend%202004/hillbilly18.jpg

Snyder fans at the M&G.

Rocket
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
That Snyder coach sounds like a real crybaby of a coach. If that is true, he better bring a box or two to Brownwood in 3 weeks. I hate crybaby coaches.

"We can't score! Tell the band to shuttup!" No, you shut up coach.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 04:06 PM
I am usually in agreement with most of your posts but I think you are a little thin skinned on this one. I was not at the game I can only go by what was being said on the radio and the text messages I was getting. I have however senn Wylie and Snyder play many many times.

When I posted about the diryt and chippy play I didnt indicate which side was doing so. It sounded to me as if both teams were starting to get to the point when there could be some problems. Then the Snyder coach went crazy on our band. Of course I wasnt there but based on the crowd noise and band noise something was definetly going on.

AS for the blitzing with thirty seconds left and we are in victory formation? Please try to defend those actions because I think you will look a little biased yourself. Only one reason you do that. Anger, Frustration, and Retaliation.

By the way I dont want to get in a war of words over this just want to give my $.02. The game is over, we finally get to play at home after 3 weeks and the District looks like this

Wylie
Grham
Brownwood And I'll comment and drop it myself. I don't think I was being thin skinned in the least, it's called being unabiased. I only pointed out that there were hits that either hedged on being late or that were late on both sides of the field not just on one side.

DaHop72
10-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
That Snyder coach sounds like a real crybaby of a coach. If that is true, he better bring a box or two to Brownwood in 3 weeks. I hate crybaby coaches.

"We can't score! Tell the band to shuttup!" No, you shut up coach. Wow, from the biggest whiner and excuse maker on this board.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
not to continue to bag on Snyder and their fans sitting on the Wylie side (NO GOOD REASON TO ALLOW THIS) but a friend of mine that usually minds their own business and is usually very understanding told me they would never go back to another game there as long as the obnoxious fans were allowed on visiting side. It takes a lot to get this one wound up so it must have been a real issue.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I ask this every year and I will continue to ask it even though I didnt go to the game, Why does Snyder allow home fans to sit on the visitor side? Maybe it would be different if they allowed overflow after the homeside filed but nooooooo there are folks that head right for the visting teams bleachers as soon as they walk in the gate. I say next time they come to Wylie we allow all the high school students in early and sit them right smack dab middle of the visiting aide.

Graham does the same thing so be prepared to be disappointed again if yall play in Graham!

Ex-Tiger2005
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM

Snyder fans at the M&G.

Haha you will get a chance to meet us Big Boy!!! I will bring the chewing tabacky!

tigerbyheart
10-19-2009, 06:14 PM

Snyder fans at the M&G.

Actually these are our relatives from Sweetwater, we just don't let them inside the gate......:D

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
In all honesty, I have attended plenty of games
in Snyder and Monahans where their fans sit
on the visitors side. I mention Monahans because
they are as big a rival for Sweetwater as Snyder is in my mind.
I would just like to say I never saw a problem at
anytime. They were well behaved, sitting down,
And were quiet for the most part. Of course the
scoreboard might have had something to do
with that.:thinking: :D

Rocket
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wow, from the biggest whiner and excuse maker on this board.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tell your crybaby coach to shuttup. I don't whine or cry, I just state the truth. BIG difference.

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Tell your crybaby coach to shuttup. I don't whine or cry, I just state the truth. BIG difference.

Wow! Are you tilting(gambling term) Rocket?

nobogey72
10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
No, I think they told the Snyder coach that bands are part of high school football, just like officials on the field that sometimes get in the way...and crowd noise. I believe Sandifer motioned for the band to keep playing (which they did) and our crowd got even louder after that bit of nonsense.

Actually, Coach Rogers was right. The NCAA rules (which is what Texas High School's play by) says that basically a band can't just "make noiise" in an attempt to be a distraction. Which, I have to admit, is what our band was doing at one point. That is when Coach Rogers complained. The band was instructed to play a real song. Which they did, and it was even louder than the "noise making" that they were previously playing. IN MY OPINION, Coach Rogers complaining (which he had every right to) became more of a distraction than the noise that he was complaining about. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Having said that, I thought Snyder's defense was awesome. Small, athletic, and unconventional enough that it was very effective. We had 1 procedure penalty in the first 5 games, and have 6 just against Snyder. The blitzing and firing from lots of different places took its toll. Like him or not like him, Coach Rogers has his team ready to play, and has a good plan week in and week out.

ccmom
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Actually, Coach Rogers was right. The NCAA rules (which is what Texas High School's play by) says that basically a band can't just "make noiise" in an attempt to be a distraction. Which, I have to admit, is what our band was doing at one point. That is when Coach Rogers complained. The band was instructed to play a real song. Which they did, and it was even louder than the "noise making" that they were previously playing. IN MY OPINION, Coach Rogers complaining (which he had every right to) became more of a distraction than the noise that he was complaining about. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Having said that, I thought Snyder's defense was awesome. Small, athletic, and unconventional enough that it was very effective. We had 1 procedure penalty in the first 5 games, and have 6 just against Snyder. The blitzing and firing from lots of different places took its toll. Like him or not like him, Coach Rogers has his team ready to play, and has a good plan week in and week out.

Just don't let those biased WYLIE radio announcers hear you say that! ;) :D

Pendragon13
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Having said that, I thought Snyder's defense was awesome. Small, athletic, and unconventional enough that it was very effective. We had 1 procedure penalty in the first 5 games, and have 6 just against Snyder. The blitzing and firing from lots of different places took its toll. Like him or not like him, Coach Rogers has his team ready to play, and has a good plan week in and week out. I didn't know that about the NCAA rules...but you're right that it backfired since the band played a real song even louder and our crowd amped up the volume after that. I agree that Rogers does a good job of building the perfect defense for the size of his players....future Snyder opponents need to be wary. (and find a way to exploit the blitz which we didn't do very well)

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 02:15 PM
In response to home fans sitting on the visitors side.... If you have been to Newton Field- you will notice that our home side bleachers are small and by game time are FULL. Therefore, our overflow has no other place to go, but to the visitors side. I have never sat over there, because thankfully I have a season pass. I hope our fans are not sitting smack-dab in the middle of your fans and being obnoxious. If they are- I apologize for them. That has and does drive me absolutely insane and being the type of person I am- I probably would not be very nice about it and probably would end up missing most of the game or watching it from a squad car....:mad:
I see absolutely no reason for anyone to sit on any other side but their own, unless of course there are no seats available. To me that is ridiculous.... why not sit with your own folk and cheering for YOUR team? Unless ruining it for everyone else is your objective....:thinking: :confused:

nobogey72
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
In response to home fans sitting on the visitors side.... If you have been to Newton Field- you will notice that our home side bleachers are small and by game time are FULL. Therefore, our overflow has no other place to go, but to the visitors side. I have never sat over there, because thankfully I have a season pass. I hope our fans are not sitting smack-dab in the middle of your fans and being obnoxious. If they are- I apologize for them. That has and does drive me absolutely insane and being the type of person I am- I probably would not be very nice about it and probably would end up missing most of the game or watching it from a squad car....:mad:
I see absolutely no reason for anyone to sit on any other side but their own, unless of course there are no seats available. To me that is ridiculous.... why not sit with your own folk and cheering for YOUR team? Unless ruining it for everyone else is your objective....:thinking: :confused:

Hey, those "Steer" logos on yaw'll helmets are starting to look alot like "longhorn" logos.:D :D :inlove: :kiss:

Pendragon13
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey, those "Steer" logos on yaw'll helmets are starting to look alot like "longhorn" logos.:D :D :inlove: :kiss: Simple coincidence I'm sure. Historically, the vast majority of steers have much shorter horns than those depicted on the Graham helmet. Of course I like to get my info from here http://www.wronganswers.com/detail/index.asp?item=26 :D

nobogey72
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Simple coincidence I'm sure. Historically, the vast majority of steers have much shorter horns than those depicted on the Graham helmet. Of course I like to get my info from here http://www.wronganswers.com/detail/index.asp?item=26 :D
Yeah, I guess that we're lucky that they didn't change their colors also. You know-----blue and burnt orange.:D :D :D But you make a good point, I've not seen many Steers with horns that long.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey, those "Steer" logos on yaw'll helmets are starting to look alot like "longhorn" logos.:D :D :inlove: :kiss:

Your just jealous.... not everybody's 'horns' can be long.:rolleyes: :kiss: :inlove:

By the way... ccmom will be filling you in on some M & G information.:D

ccmom
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Your just jealous.... not everybody's 'horns' can be long.:rolleyes: :kiss: :inlove:

Seriously, though....if a Steer is what I THINK it is...does it really matter how long his horns are? :doh: :thinking: Poor fellas....that's just wrong! :D

garciap77
10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Seriously, though....if a Steer is what I THINK it is...does it really matter how long his horns are? :doh: :thinking: Poor fellas....that's just wrong! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mcguirk
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM

I know lots of kids in the band and ask them about it. The song they were playing is called "Everman". It only has 2 notes in it, played over and over and over again. They have been playing it forever. When they finally started playing "Land of a thousand" they were definately going for volume.:nerd:

nobogey72
10-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I know lots of kids in the band and ask them about it. The song they were playing is called "Everman". It only has 2 notes in it, played over and over and over again. They have been playing it forever. When they finally started playing "Land of a thousand" they were definately going for volume.:nerd:

My guess is that it's called Everman because they started it one of those games that we played against Everman in the playoffs.

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
My guess is that it's called Everman because they started it one of those games that we played against Everman in the playoffs.

we needed every advantage we could get in those games.