PDA

View Full Version : Navasota v. Rockdale UPDATES

striker
10-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Navasota 7 - Rockdale 0 9:49 1st

Rockdale driving with ball on Navasota 30.

striker
10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Rockdale goes for it on 4th and 4 from the Rattler 14. Rattlers stop the Tigers. Rattler ball.

eagles_victory
10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
When you have a kicker like Boyd you got to let him get you 3

striker
10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Navasota 14 - Rockdale 0 1:01 1st

striker
10-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Rattlers driving...Rattlers score 21-0 6:52 2nd Quarter

striker
10-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Rockdale drives and scores.

Navasota 21 - Rockdale 7 2:03 in the 2nd.

striker
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Navasota scores...miss the extra point.

Rattlers 27 - Rockdale 7 :0:58 left in the 2nd.

striker
10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Navasota 27 - Rockdale 7 HALFTIME

cntdwn
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Yea, Navasota was REALLY overrated and Rockdale was WAAAAAAAAY underrated.

Mmm, hmmmm.

striker
10-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Navasota 27 Rockdale 13 - 2:22 - 3rd Quarter

trojandad
10-16-2009, 09:33 PM
does it seem momentum is shifting, striker ?? also, who is home team?

yoe64
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
rattlers

striker
10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Rattlers are at home... momentun was shifting as the Rattlers went for it on 4th and 2 from its 35. Rockdale scored to bring it to 27 - 13. Rockdale just threw an INT and the Rattlers are driving and on the Rockdale 6 yard line.

Navasota 34 - Rockdale 13 4th 7:52

striker
10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Rattlers score...from Rockdale turnover (INT)

Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13

trojandad
10-16-2009, 09:45 PM
time left?

King_LeYoeNidas
10-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Yea, Navasota was REALLY overrated and Rockdale was WAAAAAAAAY underrated.

Mmm, hmmmm.

I don't think Nav was overrated at all. They lost to Caldwell under circumstances. Give me a normal field and I'll take Navasota over the Hornets 9 out of 10 times. Though I gotta say it is suprising to see the Tigers getting beat like this.

striker
10-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Rockdale throws another INT.

Navasota driving for another score.

Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13 4th Q 6:20

striker
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Rockdale was driving... another INT

Rattler ball 1:17 4th

Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13

striker
10-16-2009, 10:05 PM
FINAL Navasota 41 - Rockdale 13

Great game by the Rattlers...

Hornet Mom 2
10-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
I don't think Nav was overrated at all. They lost to Caldwell under circumstances. Give me a normal field and I'll take Navasota over the Hornets 9 out of 10 times. Though I gotta say it is suprising to see the Tigers getting beat like this.

I don't know about 9 outta 10, but the last 2 outta 3 have been in Caldwell's favor...2007 we beat the Rattlers, on their NEW home field...2008 Nav won by one point, because we decided to try for the win, not the tie...and we all know what happened last week now don't we??

We were at the Navasota game tonight, and I can't believe that ya'll are still griping about last weeks game! Did I miss something? If I am remembering correctly, Caldwell played on the SAME MUDDY FIELD that Navasota did, they just did a better job!

Dexter Pratt and Brandel Jackson (two D1 college players) were on the 2007 team that we beat, but oh, we won this year because of a muddy field. Last I heard, no one from Navasota's current team has committed to (or been recruited by) any D1 schools. Please people, get over it, you lost because Caldwell played better than Navasota did last Friday. Can we move on??

OldBison75
10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Hornet Mom 2,
Please notice that the person that made a comment about the field in this thread is from Cameron and NOT Navasota. If you have read the threads this week, Navasota has not made excuses about the field and only one tounge in cheek comment about the field was even made by a Navasota poster.

You sound like you are blaming all the comments on Navasota and at least be fair and look at where the posters are from.

Yes, I believe that the result might have been more competitive on a totally dry field, but that was not what mother nature gave us. AND, I emphasize that I have not said we would have won, because Navasota was outplayed, outhhusled, and outcoached in Caldwell last week.

cameron91
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
:iagree: some of those Cameron folks , just don't know when to stop talking :D

great win Rattle Snakes..

Hornet Mom 2
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Hornet Mom 2,
Please notice that the person that made a comment about the field in this thread is from Cameron and NOT Navasota. If you have read the threads this week, Navasota has not made excuses about the field and only one tounge in cheek comment about the field was even made by a Navasota poster.

You sound like you are blaming all the comments on Navasota and at least be fair and look at where the posters are from.

Yes, I believe that the result might have been more competitive on a totally dry field, but that was not what mother nature gave us. AND, I emphasize that I have not said we would have won, because Navasota was outplayed, outhhusled, and outcoached in Caldwell last week.

First, thank you for not attacking me, I am fully expecting that at some point -- though that was not my reason for posting.

I quoted the person that I was talking to, but at the same time, yes I was posting to anyone that has complained about the fields. Believe me, tonight I heard PLENTY of people in the stands (we sat on the Navasota side) still griping about the field conditions from last week.

It is very frustrating to hear people from all over the district make excuses as to why Caldwell is now solely in 1st place in D24. We have earned that spot and it would be nice for people to recognize that we are there because Caldwell is a force to be reckoned with, not just a team that gets lucky every Friday night.

snake_attack
10-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2

Dexter Pratt and Brandel Jackson (two D1 college players) were on the 2007 team that we beat, but oh, we won this year because of a muddy field. Last I heard, no one from Navasota's current team has committed to (or been recruited by) any D1 schools. [/B]

Actually we have a couple of players getting looked at by some Big 12 schools.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by snake_attack
Actually we have a couple of players getting looked at by some Big 12 schools.

Most high school teams do have players "getting looked at" -- maybe I should have said "committed to D1 schools" or "offers made by D1 schools" -- as Pratt and Jackson were when we played them... :thinking: :doh:

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 12:10 AM
great job Navasota. Looks like it will be a great race between Navasota, Caldwell, and Rockdale for 1st.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Most high school teams do have players "getting looked at" -- maybe I should have said "committed to D1 schools" or "offers made by D1 schools" -- as Pratt and Jackson were when we played them... :thinking: :doh:

Jarvis Harrison, #74 is committed to Baylor
Aleon Calhoun, #79 has more than ten offers from DI schools.
Deondre King is on the radar, as is Kye Hildreth, who would probably not be a QB in college.

Junior LB Kesnick Jones is at or over 100 tackles this year after tonight, and he is also being scouted, but no serious offers are rolling his way yet.

So....there are more than you think, but no DI offers for our skill positions, like last year.

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Who's being looked at in Caldwell?

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Who's being looked at in Caldwell?

No one that I know of...nor did I claim they were.

10 offers, and no one knows about this except people in Navasota...wow, I guess you guys like to keep those great things a secret?? :rolleyes:

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I didnt say you claimed Caldwell kids were "being looked at", but you did say most schools do have kids being looked at. But really I was just interested if there were any kids from Caldwell being "looked at".

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
I didnt say you claimed Caldwell kids were "being looked at", but you did say most schools do have kids being looked at. But really I was just interested if there were any kids from Caldwell being "looked at".

Yes I did say that and I do think it's true. If Caldwell has anyone being looked at, I am not "in the know" about it. Bottom line, Navasota, Caldwell, Rockdale -- all three teams have great players, whether they are college material or not.

As I said earlier, I am just tired of the Hornets not getting credit for being a great football team. If we win against Rockdale next week, it will be because they have injured players, or several guys playing both ways (which we saw in Navasota tonight)...or because we had a water bottle on the bus that spilled on the field before the game started :rolleyes: ...you get the point....

cntdwn
10-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas

Let's call it what it is:
Cameron gets stomped by Rockdale and automatically assumes that means Rockdale will win state. Then Navasota stomps Rockdale, so of course that means if a team that can beat Rockdale which beat the high and mighty oYe lost to Caldwell on a fluke.

Cameron hates Caldwell. No love lost. End of story.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 08:43 AM
No one that I know of...nor did I claim they were.

10 offers, and no one knows about this except people in Navasota...wow, I guess you guys like to keep those great things a secret?? :rolleyes:

No secrets here. I don't know where the animosity you have is coming from, but it is misdirected. Here is some published information about the two OL recruits.

Aleon Calhoun (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3745625)

Jarvis Harrison (http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/football/recruiting/player-Jarvis-Harrison-92342)

It doesn't say that Jarvis is committed yet, but that is what everybody is saying around here. Kye and Deondre are one star prospects at this time without any offers. They are more than likely DII or Junior College type recruits anyhow. Not saying that they can't fit in with the big boys, but they are the types of players that Navasota always produces.

Active Navasota alumni playing collegiate football:

Markeith Wesley, OL - TAMU Kingsville
Trey Rauschek, FS - UMHB
Antron Harris, WR - Blinn
Jacolby Stokes, ATH - Kilgore
Gaston Lamascus, WR - TAMU
Brandal Jackson, WR - TAMU
Dexter Pratt, TB - Ok St.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Let's call it what it is:
Cameron gets stomped by Rockdale and automatically assumes that means Rockdale will win state. Then Navasota stomps Rockdale, so of course that means if a team that can beat Rockdale which beat the high and mighty oYe lost to Caldwell on a fluke.

Cameron hates Caldwell. No love lost. End of story.

Are you high? When did anyone say Rockdale would win state? Cameron got beat by Rockdale, there are and were no excuses for that outside of poor tackling, poor play calling and being outgunned. This is about Navasota. While I do believe that they are GREAT, I was suprised to see them slaughter Rockdale because NO TEAM destroys Rockdale like that on a normal basis. So again. That said, I still say the Rattlers would win in a rematch against Caldwell. As for Cameron, hey they're having a rough year, you can't win em all. Just ask Liberty Hill. Thing is Cameron will bounce back, as usual and continue their winning tradition. They went from 1-9 to 13-1 the following season, I'm sure 6-4 or 5-5 won't be hard for them to rebound from. Either way, no sweat off my back. As for people not taking Caldwell seriously, sorry. It's based on prior experience. Cameron/Caldwell is more intense now than it ever has been. I don't live there and haven't for many years but it's obvious. Rockdale has Cameron's respect but the rivalry has died down. Caldwell doesn't have that IMO. Hell when I played we never lost to Caldwell and that game was a given just like playing Hearne or Smithville. So if you wanna be all butt hurt about it, prove everyone wrong.

HornetMom
10-17-2009, 09:05 AM
`

As I said earlier, I am just tired of the Hornets not getting credit for being a great football team. If we win against Rockdale next week, it will be because they have injured players, or several guys playing both ways (which we saw in Navasota tonight)...or because we had a water bottle on the bus that spilled on the field before the game started :rolleyes: ...you get the point....

It is time to move on. This kind of back and forth between Caldwell and others (especially Camreron and Rockdale) has been going on for years. Someone always has to make excuses, Caldwell fans included. If you read posts from other teams and/or districts, you will see the same kind of comments.

Caldwell is doing very well this year and they are playing better and better every week. If you notice most of the posters(and many long time members) on here have nothing but praise for what Caldwell did last week against Navasota. But that was last week and another week has come and gone. So, now it is time to look forward to Rockdale next week. Hornets are going to have their hands full with the Tigers. They will need to put last week's game behind them and focus on next week. As fans, we should do the same thing.

snake_attack
10-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
No secrets here. I don't know where the animosity you have is coming from, but it is misdirected. Here is some published information about the two OL recruits.

Aleon Calhoun (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3745625)

Jarvis Harrison (http://rivals.yahoo.com/theoldcoach/football/recruiting/player-Jarvis-Harrison-92342)

Active Navasota alumni playing collegiate football:

Markeith Wesley, OL - TAMU Kingsville
Trey Rauschek, FS - UMHB
Antron Harris, WR - Blinn
Jacolby Stokes, ATH - Kilgore
Gaston Lamascus, WR - TAMU
Brandal Jackson, WR - TAMU
Dexter Pratt, TB - Ok St.

Malcolm Sprigss is playing at Kilgore with Stokes also. Trey Rauschek is playing with Texas State. Chris Smith back from the Navasota 2004 team is playing FB with TCU.

navscanmaster
10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by snake_attack
Malcolm Sprigss is playing at Kilgore with Stokes also. Trey Rauschek is playing with Texas State. Chris Smith back from the Navasota 2004 team is playing FB with TCU.

See, I knew I missed a few players. I thought Trey was at UMHB, but google didn't bring anything but high school stuff up. Thanks for the corrections.