PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Vs. Madisonville Updates

Yoe_09
10-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I will bringing updates from www.twitter.com/Yoe_09

The Madisonville field is supposed to be in real poor condition so we will have to see. They were supposeldy trying to plant grass this Wednesday.

News today also shows one of our offensive lineman going to Taylor??? Seems kind of odd the me but I dont know the whole story.

cntdwn
10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Good game.

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 12:08 AM
What a horrid game for the Yoe. The field was a terrible conditon but im making no excuses for that crap anymore... we got outplayed and obvioulsy out coached. We never had any kind of consistent offense tonight. We were lucky to get 7 of the points we got because WR Brandon Freeman made another great catch right before the half. Besides that the Yoe did nothing. The defense looked alright in the 1st half but really didnt stop anything in the 2nd.

The coaching was so HORRID for the Yoe it was not even funny. We need a time out at the end of the game but no the coach is gonna spend it with 3 seconds in the 3rd just ho he can have 2mph wind. Im sorry but if something dosent change someone on our coaching staff may be looking for a job. The offense plays we were running were not making a lot of sense either. We tried to run a quick stop on a super soaked field and thats not going to work.

It is obvious that we will probably beat Rudder then get blown out by both Navasota and Caldwell.

87 TIGER
10-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Where does the yoe play Rudder ? I wouldnt count that as an automatic win just yet.

cameron91
10-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Say , Yoe.. what happen on the kick off when , Madisonville recovered.

did cameron drop the ball or what.

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 12:56 AM
I told you Madisonville would win this one. Whats up are we gonna be looking for a new coach next year?

cameron91
10-17-2009, 01:03 AM
I hope not..they need to give Rhodes time to build his team.

Rhodes is a good coach , but he's playing with Mullins recruits..:D ..

Cameron will be okay ..

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
maybe next year in 2a

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 10:42 AM
No they kicked the ball in that SAME PLACE all night long. But when it counts we cant seem to get a man over in that SAME spot to get the ball and they fall on it 20 yards down the field.

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
I told you Madisonville would win this one. Whats up are we gonna be looking for a new coach next year?

No he will be getting at least one more year since this is his first. I we should have success next year in 2a. If he can get things going in the right direction he will be alright, but we have got to start having better decisions overall.

tigerfan09
10-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
No he will be getting at least one more year since this is his first. I we should have success next year in 2a. If he can get things going in the right direction he will be alright, but we have got to start having better decisions overall.

Or this could be a Jim Smith type debacle...back in the fall of 1980...he was gone by Christmas of that year, and Toby York was brought in...in Cameron, you win, if you don't win, you're gone...

Yoe_09
10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Or this could be a Jim Smith type debacle...back in the fall of 1980...he was gone by Christmas of that year, and Toby York was brought in...in Cameron, you win, if you don't win, you're gone...

exactly, we dont play around with losing all the time.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-18-2009, 10:20 AM
just ask Todd Dodge

cntdwn
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
just ask Todd Dodge

... and look where that "winning is everything" got Cameron.

And look what Dodge did when he escaped.

BTW, Caldwell has beaten Cameron more often than Rockdale has overall, so assuming some programs are "given" wins based on 10 or more years ago is foolish.

A&M Consolidated turned its program around in 10 years so no team should get too cozy in district. Programs turn around sometimes.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Tell me what you know about the 94 & 95 Cameron teams cntdwn. You probably can find their records and little else. Fact is, those teams were loaded w/ talent that Dodge couldn't utilize because he HAD to run HIS offense which circled around a quarterback that required talent which is something he didn't have during those years BUT he refuse to look at the amazing ground game he could have had. So where did it get us in "requesting" his resignation? Quarterfinals the very next year. Mullins had the writing on the wall after going 1-9 and then went 13-1 the following year. Rhoades will get these kids in order, but he better make it happen quick.

tigerfan09
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Tell me what you know about the 94 & 95 Cameron teams cntdwn. You probably can find their records and little else. Fact is, those teams were loaded w/ talent that Dodge couldn't utilize because he HAD to run HIS offense which circled around a quarterback that required talent which is something he didn't have during those years BUT he refuse to look at the amazing ground game he could have had. So where did it get us in "requesting" his resignation? Quarterfinals the very next year. Mullins had the writing on the wall after going 1-9 and then went 13-1 the following year. Rhoades will get these kids in order, but he better make it happen quick.

I was at YHS during the Dodge years...he had a talented quarterback in Kal Kelley in the fall of 95...Dodge had no leadership skills, at least not in that time, and most of the players did not care for him, and Cameron sure didn't care for him...I recall one Friday night towards the end of the 95 season when one of his players walked off the field during the game straight to the locker room after giving Dodge a piece of his mind...

I wish Randy Sapp would come out of his self-imposed head coaching retirement and come back to the helm of the Yoe program...

cntdwn
10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
I recall one Friday night towards the end of the 95 season when one of his players walked off the field during the game straight to the locker room after giving Dodge a piece of his mind...

Yes, and the statement above speaks volumes about the lack of respect that players there may have because they were spoiled rotten over the years, and it was likely reinforced at home where parents' obsession with winning at all costs influenced their own snot-nosed kids to "give a piece of their minds" to authority figures. That's no way to raise a child. They continue that lack of respect beyond graduation (if they graduate).

For all you know, Dodge might have become a top-notch AD at Cameron once players shut up long enough to listen to a coach's expert views on other strategies besides running the ball 90 percent of the time. If he had Paul Johnson, it might have been very different but he didn't. You can't expect a coach to change lifelong strategies that I'm sure CISD was aware of when they hired him just because a star player's papa wants to run old-school plays.

Southlake Carroll gave Dodge enough time to prove his worth and probably made fewer death threats to allow the guy to relax and .... do his job.

Yoe_09
10-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Dodge was never going to work in Cameron. We just need to get things settled down and start playing games correctly and not making bone head decisions. Right now we arent really doing anything right and its showing. He will have time to fix this but he must get it done.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Yes, and the statement above speaks volumes about the lack of respect that players there may have because they were spoiled rotten over the years, and it was likely reinforced at home where parents' obsession with winning at all costs influenced their own snot-nosed kids to "give a piece of their minds" to authority figures. That's no way to raise a child. They continue that lack of respect beyond graduation (if they graduate).

For all you know, Dodge might have become a top-notch AD at Cameron once players shut up long enough to listen to a coach's expert views on other strategies besides running the ball 90 percent of the time. If he had Paul Johnson, it might have been very different but he didn't. You can't expect a coach to change lifelong strategies that I'm sure CISD was aware of when they hired him just because a star player's papa wants to run old-school plays.

Southlake Carroll gave Dodge enough time to prove his worth and probably made fewer death threats to allow the guy to relax and .... do his job.

Yes spoiled rotten. Sorry sub-par football isn't acceptable as it may be over in Hornet land.

Expertise? That'd explain why he job hopped from one school to another until he found his quarterback club in SLC. Seems to be working wonders yet again for him now that he is at UNT. Yes that was sarcasm.

As for that last post about death threats. That seals it, your moronic statements have no validity so therefore I won't acknowledge your posts going forward as they make no sense.

As for Cameron, time to rebuild & reload. Hopefully they'll go down swingin.

Yoe_09
10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
No doubt its time to reload. Next year we should be bigger and have some more speed. Even tho we are losing Wells, we have a well qualified back-up.

tigerfan09
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Who is the defensive coordinator this year, and who is the offensive coordinator this year? What happened to John Wilson? He was a defensive guru...

Yoe_09
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
yeah he as a pretty decent defensive coordinator....Mullins ran him off. Our current defensive coordinator is Billy Anderson. I know he has to be better than cummings. We will see what happens with him when he gets his second year. The offensive coordinator is Randy Sapp.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-18-2009, 09:25 PM
is it a given Rhoades' kid will be the QB?

Yoe_09
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
is it a given Rhoades' kid will be the QB?

That is the biggest question for the oYe going into next year. Who will be the QB? It is gonna be him or the current JV qb which is doing pretty decent with and undefeated JV team. I do see them starting Rhoads to start the next season tho. He has looked pretty unconsisten this year but does have a good arm. He will have to learn at looking at more options and not getting to nervous in the back field.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 07:58 AM
is it a given Rhoades' kid will be the QB? What about the Morgan kid at QB?

tigerfan09
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
yeah he as a pretty decent defensive coordinator....Mullins ran him off. Our current defensive coordinator is Billy Anderson. I know he has to be better than cummings. We will see what happens with him when he gets his second year. The offensive coordinator is Randy Sapp.

Where is ole' Scott Cummings now? I am amazed that he was already a Defensive Coordinator, and he looks as young as those high school boys out there on the field...

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
I think he left with Mullins to Harker Heights

Yoe_09
10-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Yes cummings left with mullins. I actually saw Ty being the starting QB next year until Jack came in. With him being the coaches son he will get that job. Then the year after that the starter will be that JV QB or the freshmen QB right now.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
No doubt its time to reload. Next year we should be bigger and have some more speed. Even tho we are losing Wells, we have a well qualified back-up.

Yea, and Riesel and Bruceville-Eddy better watch out!