PDA

View Full Version : Goose Bumps

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Listening to the radio (well streaming audio actually) they just played
AC/DC - "Hell's Bells" then
Guns N Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" then AC/DC "Thunderstruck"

Now that will get you in the mood for some football :)

Super_R
10-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

That is prolly the best pre-game mix ever. Thunderstuck gets me everytime!

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM

We love "Hell's Bells" here. I hate when we are away because we don't ever get to hear it. :( Stupid cry babies in our district!

Maroon87
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We love "Hell's Bells" here. I hate when we are away because we don't ever get to hear it. :( Stupid cry babies in our district!

We have crybabies in our district too...but CatFan4Ever ignores them and cranks it up anyway.:p

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We have crybabies in our district too...but CatFan4Ever ignores them and cranks it up anyway.:p We aren't even allowed to take our music to away games. :mad: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
If you go to Graham for a game when they first fire up their system your looking for the Undertake to appear. :D :D

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
We aren't even allowed to take our music to away games. :mad: :rolleyes:

Bring your "tunes" to Gobbler Stadium - we can have a "Battle of the Bands" so to speak :)

I don't think our district "friends" like it either. You can bet music will be played tonight;)

Those 3 songs together just got me in the football mood.. I am getting all kinds of work done now.. Amazing what good music does :p

Maroon87
10-16-2009, 02:34 PM
We aren't even allowed to take our music to away games. :mad: :rolleyes:

That's crazy...:dispntd:

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 02:41 PM
That's crazy...:dispntd:

I hear that!

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 02:47 PM
That's crazy...:dispntd: Like I said ... :bigcry:

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
We love "Hell's Bells" here. I hate when we are away because we don't ever get to hear it. :( Stupid cry babies in our district! LOL, the Leopards carry their own music with them for pre game. Helps get them used to same routine. Great for fans cause a lot of schools have zero music for pre game. :cool:

Ex-Tiger2005
10-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
That is prolly the best pre-game mix ever. Thunderstuck gets me everytime!

oh man me too!

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LOL, the Leopards carry their own music with them for pre game. Helps get them used to same routine. Great for fans cause a lot of schools have zero music for pre game. :cool: That's what we used to be able to do. I think they have speaker envy.

Maroon87
10-16-2009, 03:03 PM
You know what used to help me get my game face on? "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd...no kidding. I'd play that thru my headphones prior to the game and I was totally relaxed and focused.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
What ever happened to the band playing the fight song?

Cowboy_Up
10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Bring your "tunes" to Gobbler Stadium - we can have a "Battle of the Bands" so to speak :)

I don't think our district "friends" like it either. You can bet music will be played tonight;)

Those 3 songs together just got me in the football mood.. I am getting all kinds of work done now.. Amazing what good music does :p

I can't speck for the Admin :rolleyes: at Edna, but I promise you our kids would love to hear more music during pre-game. Crank it up when we hit town.

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
What ever happened to the band playing the fight song? Once our boys run out of the tunnel, our band plays the fight song. Before that it's Hell's Bells.

We also have music for the pre game stuff.

SHSBulldog00
Originally posted by LE Dad
Great for fans cause a lot of schools have zero music for pre game. :cool:

That would be us at Sweeny. Of course our speaker system SUCKS!!!

michaelp23
What ever happened to the band playing the fight song?

I agree. Blairing music over the speakers is for college. Let the band play if you want music.

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I just listen my ipod to get me excited for the game.:(

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
I agree. Blairing music over the speakers is for college. Let the band play if you want music. yeah, cause it's all about the band. :rolleyes:

It's not about the band not getting to play. It's about being able to have pre game music so the players have something to warm up to and the fans have something to jam to.

Our band doesn't even get in the stands until our boys are almost done with their warm up anyway!

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
What ever happened to the band playing the fight song? Oh they still do!! There ain't nothing like that tuba solo at the start of "Rebel Rouser" it has made the hairs on my neck stand since I was 5.:D

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah, cause it's all about the band. :rolleyes:

It's not about the band not getting to play. It's about being able to have pre game music so the players have something to warm up to and the fans have something to jam to.

Our band doesn't even get in the stands until our boys are almost done with their warm up anyway! Exactly, this is for pre game. Get the team and the bleacher creatures stoked. :clap: :clap: When the band gets set it is all their show.

ivchris
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
What about a good round of Andy Griffith and the pumpkin story?

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
I agree. Blairing music over the speakers is for college. Let the band play if you want music.
I can't speak of the others - but what I am talking about is from 6:00 to 7:00 while the teams are doing pre-game - the bands are doing whatever bands do - setting up etc at that time - the music is played through big black speakers on the track - not the PA system speakers. I'd say about 7:05 or so - the black speakers are packed up and then it's time for the Gobbler band to play the National Anthem and then when the boys run through the sign - they play the Fight song - then we do the School Song.

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't speak of the others - but what I am talking about is from 6:00 to 7:00 while the teams are doing pre-game - the bands are doing whatever bands do - setting up etc at that time - the music is played through big black speakers on the track - not the PA system speakers. I'd say about 7:05 or so - the black speakers are packed up and then it's time for the Gobbler band to play the National Anthem and then when the boys run through the sign - they play the Fight song - then we do the School Song. Exactly!!:D

Gobbla2001
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
someone get by 44IAR's house pronto and make sure she aint breakin' chit she sounds all keyed up...

we didn't have the music in my playing days :(

but for home games we'd go to the weightroom/practice-room and turn off the lights... had metallica etc... on the DISCMAN :eek:

Gobbla2001
10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

sorry, don't want to confuse anyone, what I should have said was:

"we didn't have the music playing back in my bench-riding days"

carry on

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
someone get by 44IAR's house pronto and make sure she aint breakin' chit she sounds all keyed up...

but for home games we'd go to the weightroom/practice-room and turn off the lights... had metallica etc... on the DISCMAN :eek:
OH, I'm cool Gobbla - getting ready to head up the hill........

GO MEAN GREEN ;)

Gobbla2001
10-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Up the hill ha... haven't heard it referred to as that in a long time... speaking of up the hill, went through Cuero the other day for the first time in a while, what's up with that Hotel going up just atop the hill? looks daaaammmmn nice...