PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Best 3A Band?

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
From what I have seen Brookshire Riyal gets my vote!:thumbsup:

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

Sorry it was kinda late. I meant Brookshire Royal.

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Of the ones I've seen. I really enjoyed Abilene Wylie's band.

ivchris
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Of the ones I've seen. I really enjoyed Abilene Wylie's band.

Since my daughter is in that band, I thank you. This is my preference also.

STANG RED
10-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I'd have to say Abilene Wylie as well. But Monahans always has a great band as well.

Phantom Stang
10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'd have to say Abilene Wylie as well. But Monahans always has a great band as well.
Monahans has always had one of the best bands in the state at any level.:thumbsup:

On a personal note, I am proud to have been a member of the Big Red Sweetwater Mustang Band as directed by the late, great Pat Patterson.:cool: We always fielded between 125 and 150 kids, and put on one of the most impressive halftime shows to be seen anywhere.:clap:

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

On a personal note, I am proud to have been a member of the Big Red Sweetwater Mustang Band as directed by the late, great Pat Patterson. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Pat wouldn't have made it as a band director in today's PC world.

Phantom Stang
10-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Pat wouldn't have made it as a band director in today's PC world.
Yep, the first time he called a kid a "scrounge", he'd get the ax for damaging the little darlin's self esteem.:doh: And tat was the tip of the ice berg.:D

DaHop72
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Yep, the first time he called a kid a "scrounge", he'd get the ax for damaging the little darlin's self esteem.:doh: And tat was the tip of the ice berg.:D That or when he threw his directing wand at the innocent percussion section. :D

DU_stud04
10-16-2009, 02:06 PM
im a big fan of abilene wylies band. i wish they would keep the playing up like they do that first time their defense steps on the field.

i also like gilmers band....something about the precision military marching style i love.

tatums band play's we're ready before the game, i loved that song as a warm up song.

a couple of the disd bands are entertaining.

other than that, i dont pay attention to the bands unless they do something to make me notice them...which very few do.

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im a big fan of abilene wylies band. i wish they would keep the playing up like they do that first time their defense steps on the field.

i also like gilmers band....something about the precision military marching style i love.

tatums band play's we're ready before the game, i loved that song as a warm up song.

a couple of the disd bands are entertaining.

other than that, i dont pay attention to the bands unless they do something to make me notice them...which very few do.

Doesn't Gilmer's band also play "We Ready" ??

DU_stud04
10-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Doesn't Gilmer's band also play "We Ready" ?? honestly, i cant remember. if they do tatum must have done it better...haha, cause thats all i remember.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Monahans has always had one of the best bands in the state at any level.:thumbsup:

On a personal note, I am proud to have been a member of the Big Red Sweetwater Mustang Band as directed by the late, great Pat Patterson.:cool: We always fielded between 125 and 150 kids, and put on one of the most impressive halftime shows to be seen anywhere.:clap:

OMG it was really weird to hear this, as I've heard my mom say it maybe 10k times in my life. lol I guess she was telling the truth. I just thought she was an old band nerd.

lulu
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Here in North East Texas Lindale puts on a nice show and when we played them they were marching around 180-190 students.

IrishTex
10-20-2009, 07:32 AM

I always thought of Pat Patterson as a hero...and a man that truly cared for his students.
They don't make them like that anymore...and I bet somewhere, ol Pat is somewhere listening to some smooth jazz and looking down and smiling.

FbCoachB40
10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Brookshire Royal - The PV band just to the south.

They are FANTASTIC!!

And if the band members played football, they would be unstopable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 04:25 PM
When I lived in Houston I would go just to check out some of the bands. Way better quality than the football teams usually.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Canton is a BAND first town and they do it very well.

Phantom Stang
10-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I always thought of Pat Patterson as a hero...and a man that truly cared for his students.
They don't make them like that anymore...and I bet somewhere, ol Pat is somewhere listening to some smooth jazz and looking down and smiling.
Smiling when he's not turning over in his grave over what's become of the Sweetwater Band program!!:mad: (no offense intended toward the kids that put in the hard work, there's just not as many enrolled as I think there oughtta be.)

BTW Pat was more of a Big Band Sound kind of guy.;)

sTx
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Brookshire Royal is the best i have heard.... they are fun to listen to

SWAS009
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, i'm gonna have to go with the RSB3.

lange4
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Llano's streak of division 1 ratings now stands at 31. Began in 1979.

RedWhiteBlue
10-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by SWAS009
Well, i'm gonna have to go with the RSB3.

29 Division 1 ratings in a row!!!:clap: :clap:

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Brookshire is coming to Sweeny. If you want to see an exciting show thats the place to be.

ccmom
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I heard that the Graham Band and Wylie Band are going to perform "Thriller" together on Friday night. :)

coach
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
when wilmer hutchins had a school they were pretty dang good

sTx
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

Gotta agree ^^:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I heard that the Graham Band and Wylie Band are going to perform "Thriller" together on Friday night. :)

And it was GOOD!!! How about those bananas???:clap: :clap:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Brookshire Royal - The PV band just to the south.

They are FANTASTIC!!

And if the band members played football, they would be unstopable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :iagree:

CelinaCatFan
11-02-2009, 10:42 PM
We will see them again on Friday. My vote goes to Argyle's band.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I saw a couple of good bands last Friday.

The Cleveland HS Military Marching Band is extremely improved. They were great to watch, such precision!

Likewise, Bridge City's band in combo with their- Strutters Drill -team has always put on a colorful entertaining show.

Halftime was a real Joy...

Can anyone tell me about the Snyder, TX Band today? I know years ago they were the pride of West Texas.

Emerson1
11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
North Forney's won the USSBA State Championship

firstdown
11-16-2009, 06:19 PM
The reigning 3A State Champion is Argyle. Until they get beat they are the best

pancho villa
11-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh my god what is the 3adownlow coming to!

Johnnypaycheck
11-17-2009, 10:08 AM
There are bands in 3A? I never notice them...

LOL...just kidding Band nerds...i mean band players...LOL

roughneck_2008
11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Dripping Springs won the state championship in band this year, so they would have to be the best. heard it on radio the other day.

no disrespect to Brookshire Royal, na di hope i dont offend anyone but their band is not very good at all. at there home game they cant even play the national anthem right, something most junior high bands are good at. they r entertaining because they are a show band that plays loud short notes and can dance around, but if you wanna talk bout musically, they are not good at all, most junior high bands play better.

and once again, sorry if it offends anyone, and no disrespect to Brookshire Royal at all, but thats my opinion.

and i know i aint got no grammer or spelling, sorry if it b butchered alittle

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I love the sound of a band on a Friday night