PDA

View Full Version : Celina's undefeated JV

bowleghorses
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I hear that they are no longer undefeated or unscored upon!!!:D

utbound
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
the coach lost that game on 4 and 11 with 5 minutes left he called a pass play which gave them 50 yrds to go
they played their hearts out and deserved the win so go ahead and gloat if you want but both teams were awesome

VWG
10-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by utbound
the coach lost that game on 4 and 11 with 5 minutes left he called a pass play which gave them 50 yrds to go
they played their hearts out and deserved the win so go ahead and gloat if you want but both teams were awesome

Yep, it was the coach that lost them that game. Nice......:bigcry:

gatordaze
10-16-2009, 07:10 AM
I will take that Celina team any day. Two drives of first and goal and no points! The second was first and goal from the 1. That defense is stout! BTW, the coach took responsibility for the loss after the game aand said that he should have punted.

jockcity33
10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
OK, I'm confused....Celina stopped the opposing team twice on goal-line stands, right? Then why should the coach not expect the kids to step up and stop the other team from the 50?

thelegend02
10-16-2009, 08:55 AM
That's what I got out of that as well.

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
They had a great run and have bigger games to play in their future, correct?

pitchdaball
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by utbound

This is a joke. Its people like you that give fans a bad name. If
I was guessing you prollty dont know much about football. The loss was a complete team effort just like a win is. No one person can lose a game. If you knew anything about football you would know this.

Pendragon13
10-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I know that only the parents/family of the players pay attention to the lower levels of football, but the current group of seniors at Wylie managed to only lose 2 games as Freshmen/JV and both were close and due to play calling....and continuously trying fake field goals that never worked. You guys in Celina may have a varsity to be reckoned with the next two years or so..

BILLYFRED0000
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pitchdaball
This is a joke. Its people like you that give fans a bad name. If
I was guessing you prollty dont know much about football. The loss was a complete team effort just like a win is. No one person can lose a game. If you knew anything about football you would know this.

No you are the joke here. The Coach should have punted and he admitted as much. And Gator played with the Gators in college and has two boys playing varsity and jv. Prolly forgot more about football than you know.

gatordaze
10-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
No you are the joke here. The Coach should have punted and he admitted as much. And Gator played with the Gators in college and has two boys playing varsity and jv. Prolly forgot more about football than you know.

Let's not go that far, I played for the "Greyhounds" in college (love the Gators) but do have twin Freshmen playing for the Bobcats. I was not the OP that made the comment about the call, just commented that the coach admitted that it was a mistake to the boys after them game. I respect that he would do that and suspect that he is a gambler at heart and thought the odds were in his favor.

It was a whale of a game against two salty teams that promises to keep the fires lit on the rivalry.

gatordaze
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I know that only the parents/family of the players pay attention to the lower levels of football, but the current group of seniors at Wylie managed to only lose 2 games as Freshmen/JV and both were close and due to play calling....and continuously trying fake field goals that never worked. You guys in Celina may have a varsity to be reckoned with the next two years or so..

We have a Varsity to be reckonned with right now! Tonight!

Go Bobcats!

Pendragon13
10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
No doubt, I'm just saying that if you pay attention to what is happening at the lower levels you can get a pretty good idea of what upcoming varsity teams will be like.

marler1972
10-16-2009, 01:10 PM
No doubt, I'm just saying that if you pay attention to what is happening at the lower levels you can get a pretty good idea of what upcoming varsity teams will be like.

How many jv's does Wylie have?

Pendragon13
10-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
How many jv's does Wylie have? Lol..they do have 2 full JV teams. The participation is so high that sophmores rarely if ever make varsity and nearly half the juniors are on JV. I believe there are 61 on varsity this year and about 38 are seniors.

turbostud
10-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Lol..they do have 2 full JV teams. The participation is so high that sophmores rarely if ever make varsity and nearly half the juniors are on JV. I believe there are 61 on varsity this year and about 38 are seniors.

Sounds like a 4a team!;) j/k

Pendragon13
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Sounds like a 4a team!;) j/k Our school officials aren't very good at head counts...and they often miss the 400+ kids that have class in the basement.:D

utbound
10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
dear pitchdaball,
although i'm sure you meant to say probably instead of prollty the offense had not connected on very few if any passes that night and the defense had been on the field a lot--the preferred play call would have been to punt and have them go the distance yes the outcome might have been the same but the 20 to 30 extra yards might have changed the outcome by having more plays with more potential defensive opportunities and yes I DO KNOW football which I thought you would have pointed those options out instead of saying insulting things!!!