PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tiger

Dogman_1969
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
As most of you know through the years of me posting on the Downlow that I am a supporter of Rockdale sports. I haven't posted in a week partly due to my schedule being a little more hecktic since last Friday night.

My oldest son is Derrick Mynar and he suffered an ACL injury last Friday night in a game against Bryan Rudder. He is a very mentally strong young man and is doing a little better each day and has accepted that he has played his last game as a Rockdale Tiger. He will be with his teammates Friday night as they travel to Navasota for a big showdown in D24-3A. Everyone wishes that the injury would have never happened but he is just going to play with the cards that he is delt for now. He has big dreams of attending college and getting his Mechanical Eng. Degree. The good Lord works in many ways, as my son received his acceptance letter last evening from University of Texas at San Antonio and it came at a great time. He had once dreamed of playing on the first UTSA Roadrunner team fielded by Coach Larry Coker and still has not ruled that out but for now has his sights set on recovery.

Both he and my family greatly appreciate the calls and kind words that everyone has expressed since his injury. He has a great bunch of friends who he has grown up with and they continue to support him and help him through this tough time. He is scheduled to have the injury repaired soon and will begin the rehab process and is very eager to get back to normal and regain the freedom that he had a few days ago.

Thanks again for praying for my son and may everyone have a safe and enjoyable game Friday night.

Johnny Utah
10-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope his surgery and rehab goes better than expected!! Go Tigers!!

Bullaholic
10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Been there---done that, dogman---my son had the same thing happen to him in 90' and he made a sucessful and full recovery. I wish the same for your son, and I know his teammates will make him feel that he is as much a part of the Rockdale team for the rest of the season as the players still on the field. Best of luck to you and Rockdale. My dad was a 31' Rockdale Tiger.

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 04:12 PM
:( Hate hearing this about your son. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

DaHop72
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear this, hope surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

RTigMom
10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
As you know, we went through the same thing with our oldest son his senior year. So we know what Derrick and your family are going through. We hope for a speedy recovery and congratulations on his acceptance at UTSA. We know he will excel in whatever he does. The Lord does have a way of showing us what is truly important in our lives. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

CHS_Grad '85
10-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear this also... Speedy recovery...

ProudHornetMom
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Dogman

You're son is a great young man who we've been following since middle school. All in Caldwell are praying for a speedy recovery and best wishes for him at UTSA!

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Dogman, I know this was a tough post to make. :( Please tell Derrick to keep his head up, even though I know it won't be easy. He's a good kid and one that I'm happy to know. I know he's made you proud over the years with his accomplishments, on and off the field.

Keep us/me updated on his progress. Prayers for a successful surgery and rehab.

Old Green
10-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your son Derrick.

Keep your head up Derrick and we're praying for a successfull and speedy recovery.