PDA

View Full Version : $127B to fix $40B in damages is typical of our government

STANG RED
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
The damage from hurricane Katrina is even still being reported at $40 billion. Yet our government has spent $127 billion + so far, and the job is still a long way from done. And this is no exception to the rule, as you all know. This is all too typical. With this in mind, take what ever fictional BS $ amount they end up at for the healthcare plan, quadruple it, and you MIGHT be close to what it will actually cost. Hell, we can’t even afford the price tags their pitching around now. How the hell will we pay for it when it quads in price? I'll tell you how they'll try. They'll just keep printing our steadily declining valued money till it's completely worthless on the world market. Aint that going to be fun to deal with in a few years.:mad:

BleedOrange
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The damage from hurricane Katrina is even still being reported at $40 billion. Yet our government has spent $127 billion + so far, and the job is still a long way from done. And this is no exception to the rule, as you all know. This is all too typical. With this in mind, take what ever fictional BS $ amount they end up at for the healthcare plan, quadruple it, and you MIGHT be close to what it will actually cost. Hell, we can’t even afford the price tags their pitching around now. How the hell will we pay for it when it quads in price? I'll tell you how they'll try. They'll just keep printing our steadily declining valued money till it's completely worthless on the world market. Aint that going to be fun to deal with in a few years.:mad:

Are you suggesting that by adding 47million (or whatever the actual number is) uninsured to a gov't sponsored plan will cost more and cannot be paid for from the savings due from the elimination of fraud and mismanagement rampant in the Medicare/Medicaid system? Are you suggesting that the people who are in charge of social security, medicare, medicaid, USPS, cannot possibly efficiently run a gov't healthcare plan? LOL. If the estimates only quadruple we will be ahead of the game. Maybe they will setup another trust fund they can steal from. This whole thing is a nightmare about to become true.

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire, but take a stroll on the internet and look at the problems the Chinese Sheet Rock is causing in the wake of the hurricane rebuilds. Thousands of homes built with stuff that offgasses sulfuric acid fumes. And Insurers are saying bye bye so the home owner is stuck. I predict the gov will have to pick up the bill.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_bi_ge/us_chinese_drywall

JasperDog94
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
They'll just keep printing our steadily declining valued money till it's completely worthless on the world market. Aint that going to be fun to deal with in a few years.:mad: You've got it all wrong. According to Barney Frank we need another surtax on the rich. And I quote, "They'll never miss it." :eek: :doh:

Wow...