PDA

View Full Version : Advice from OU/TX veterans

cshscougar08
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Parking. Where is a good place to park that is cheap? I know it's going to be a madhouse no matter what. Just wondering what you guys had done in the past.

coachkiss
10-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Honestly, I would park out of the area, ride the dart rail to downtown and hitch a ride on the Dart to the fairgrounds. But that's just me. I don't like traffic or paying high prices for parking.

44INAROW
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
there was a story on the news the other day about last year's game - bogus people were collecting and parking cars at parking lots - when the game-goers got back to the parking lot after the game - their vehicles had been towed. There is supposed to be some kind of 'official city sign" on approved/legit parking lots this year. good luck, it will be a mad house.

Old Tiger
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Don't park in the fair!

Pick6
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Catch Dart at Carrollton.

turbostud
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
You can park in some guys yard for 10$ and he will take real good care of you.

cshscougar08
10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Honestly, I would park out of the area, ride the dart rail to downtown and hitch a ride on the Dart to the fairgrounds. But that's just me. I don't like traffic or paying high prices for parking.

Thanks for that advice! I think that's what we're going to do. I'm staying at a friend's house in Fort Worth so my friends and I will just hop on there and take it across town.

Maroon87
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
You can park in some guys yard for 10$ and he will take real good care of you.

Yep...I parked in a guys yard for the Texas Jam a couple times. He tried to sell us weed but at least our car was untouched when we came back.:D

BreckTxLonghorn
10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss

x2

The past few years we got the hotel we stayed at to shuttle us to Dart rail too, so parking was free. Cab ain't terribly expensive to get to one of the stops either.

PHS Wildcats
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Take the DART "Green Line" Rail. That's what I'm doing.