PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Experience

turbostud
10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I get a kick out of the "image conscious" Commish.
Who is Goodell trying to fool here? A third of the employees on the field have rap sheets.
Ray Lewis(murder) still playing
Mike Vick (dog fighting) still playing
Matt Jones (drug violation) still playing
Ben Rothlisberger(rape allegations) still playing
Donte Stallworth(manslaughter) suspended but will play again
Plaxico Burress (shot himself,LOL) in the pen
PacMan Jones (strip club shooting) played again but out of the league.

you name it the NFL has it. It wouldnt be a problem if they were consistent.
The NFL says they are concerned about their public image, yet the employees that ARE the public image are the thugs, whereas the owners aren't the public image hardly at all, but evidently they have to be perfect and not controversial whatsoever.

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

TheDOCTORdre
10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Ray Lewis did nothing wrong:D

turbostud
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Ray Lewis did nothing wrong:D

Of course he didnt. Neither did Rush. ;)

Gobbla2001
10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
First off Ray Lewis wasn't convicted of murder... then Big Ben was never convicted of rape (sexual harrassment whatever), but there are plenty more examples you missed... cannot think of his name, but the guy from the Rams (Stephen Jackson?)...

anyway... it's very interesting, isn't it?

I believe Vick should have been allowed to play again, so no complaint there... you live and hopefully you learn... but I love how Goodell discussed Rush's divisivenes, but Vick brought out the Peta's etc... against him in Philly... no divisiveness there...

I can understand the ownership group's concern, comments made by Rush in the past and ones never made by him that still circulated may have caused them to lose traction in their case for ownership...

Anyway, just thought Goodell sounded Silly...

turbostud
10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I am beginning to think ole Rush knew what he was getting into. Manipulating the masses. He had to have known this was going to shoot his ratings to the moon, get his face all over the news, fill his pockets. Howard Stern, Glenn Beck, Colin Cowherd all know how to manipulate an audience. Say or do something controversial and sit back and laugh.

Bet the Narcissist in the white house aint' likin' all this not about him stuff.:D

Gobbla2001
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Howard Stern, Glenn Beck, Colin Cowherd all know how to manipulate an audience. Say or do something controversial and sit back and laugh.

That's how Rush always is... a lot of the stuff he says during week ends up on "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation" or whatever on Sundays... he knows what he's doing...