PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Hall of Fame

Buckeye1980
10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
The first Hall of Fame class has been revealed: Bill France Sr., Richard Petty, Bill France Jr., Dale Earnhardt and Junior Johnson will be inducted next May.

IrishTex
10-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Awesome!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/dale_earnhardt_main.jpg

greendawg84
10-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Looks like a great group to me

K-MAC Chuck
10-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Can't complain about that group..

I sure hope they induct more than 5 next year, there's a TON of deserving candidates not going in this time...

Old Tiger
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
If Dale Jr. EVER gets into this HOF then I'll consider it worthless.

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
NASCAR is rigged anyway....Its a redneck soap opera

Ranger Mom
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Try as I may.....I just CANNOT get into NASCAR!!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I am by no means a NASCAR fan but excellent choices for the NASCAR HOF

IrishTex
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
NASCAR is rigged anyway....Its a redneck soap opera

Well, I'm sorry they don't have any femmine drivers in there for you..

:D

IrishTex
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Try as I may.....I just CANNOT get into NASCAR!!!

Everyone has their preferences RM....

I can't get into lacrosse either..

:)

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Well, I'm sorry they don't have any femmine drivers in there for you..

:D

Well, for me to appreciate cars driving around in a circle the addition of chicks would help.

OldBison75
10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Rockdale 80 just can't get past the idea that driving at 200 MPH in a circle with 42 other cars could be hard. I mean he has experienced Ninetendo and that tells it all. There are approximately 1200 professional football players in the NFL. There are only 46 profession Nascar Sprint Cup licensed drivers. If it was easy there would be alot more.

OR, maybe because 80 has wrecked so many cars, been stopped by Police so many times, and has a restricted license, he is jealous. BUT I will agree that Dale Jr. has done nothing to earn a spot in the Hall of Fame. There are about 20 other drivers and owners in past history that deserve to be in there though.

If Danica switches to Nascar like she is talking about--80 might just become a fan.

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rockdale 80 just can't get past the idea that driving at 200 MPH in a circle with 42 other cars could be hard. I mean he has experienced Ninetendo and that tells it all. There are approximately 1200 professional football players in the NFL. There are only 46 profession Nascar Sprint Cup licensed drivers. If it was easy there would be alot more.

OR, maybe because 80 has wrecked so many cars, been stopped by Police so many times, and has a restricted license, he is jealous. BUT I will agree that Dale Jr. has done nothing to earn a spot in the Hall of Fame. There are about 20 other drivers and owners in past history that deserve to be in there though.

If Danica switches to Nascar like she is talking about--80 might just become a fan.

I think driving 200 mph is fun, but it is a bore to watch. I do not feel entertained watching it on TV so I keep changing the channel. Indy car racing is pretty cool and I also like drag racing.

Also, I dont play racing games on the Nintendo (?) or any other more modern gaming console so that is out the window too. Tickets? Havent had one of those in years either, and thankfully so because I had a laundry list of them in my younger years. :)

Danica is hot, but I just dont get the fascination with stock car racing. My comment was just to stir the pot, but realistically, I just am not interested in watching some cars drive in a circle. Now if there were women driving and they were topless... :p

Maroon87
10-14-2009, 07:36 PM

Danica is hot, but I just dont get the fascination with stock car racing. My comment was just to stir the pot, but realistically, I just am not interested in watching some cars drive in a circle. Now if there were women driving and they were topless... :p

I have season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway...believe me, there's enough eye candy there to make you forget that you don't like racing.;)

IrishTex
10-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I have season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway...believe me, there's enough eye candy there to make you forget that you don't like racing.;)

:clap: :clap:

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM

I am sure it is like soccer. It is boring on TV, but really awesome in person. I would love to go sometime just for the experience.

Maroon87
10-14-2009, 07:59 PM
I am sure it is like soccer. It is boring on TV, but really awesome in person. I would love to go sometime just for the experience.

After going once with the right group you will quickly realize that the race is almost secondary to the party.;)

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 08:05 PM
After going once with the right group you will quickly realize that the race is almost secondary to the party.;)

I look forward to it.

carter08
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
junior johnson?

yes, he's deserving of being in the hall, but i'd rather have seen david pearson in on the first ballot.

or tim richmond.
hah, jokes on that one.

BwdLion73
10-14-2009, 08:32 PM
:clap:
I will say that after going to Daytona with 180,000 of my close friends it was something to watch thoses guys driveing 190 to 200mph with 43 cars inches apart. I was down on row 8 at the exit to the pits and each time they came by you had to hold onto your cap or the wind force would blow it off. It changed my mind about it being easy.:)

sinfan75
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
NASCAR is rigged anyway....Its a redneck soap opera And which pro sport ain"t a SOAP opera!!!

K-MAC Chuck
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
If Dale Jr. EVER gets into this HOF then I'll consider it worthless.

Amen to that, Brother!

:clap: :inlove: :2thumbsup :iagree:

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, for me to appreciate cars driving around in a circle the addition of chicks would help. :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Rockdale80, everyone knows the reason you don't like NASCAR is because you can't see guys with bulging muscles. Don't worry brother, we accepted you a long time ago for what you are.

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Rockdale80, everyone knows the reason you don't like NASCAR is because you can't see guys with bulging muscles. Don't worry brother, we accepted you a long time ago for what you are.

hahaha....I will thrash you

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-14-2009, 10:34 PM
hahaha....I will thrash you

You'd probably like that, wouldn't you. Homo.

rockdale80
10-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You'd probably like that, wouldn't you. Homo.

You said it with your eyes Trent, you said it with your eyes...

Buckeye1980
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
want to imagine NASCAR? think about pullin into a parkin spot at WalMart....look on both sides at the cars next to you ...now imagine goin 200 mph with those cars beside you ....that Taledega or Daytona

no imagine a small Texas town with a square in downtown....think about 43 cars goin around that square beatin and bangin on each other to be in front...HELLO BRISTOL!!