PDA

View Full Version : Dist 26 AAA

Trapper
10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Who are the stand out players in District 26 AAA?

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Jamell Woodard - He was like 2nd team all state as a Jr last year.

Shea Lehman at Needville is legit.

The RB for Brookshire is supposed to be pretty dang salty. :thinking:

Columbia has some nice players, but I don't think any are on those 3 level yet.

SweenyBulldog
10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Trapper

Sweeny's RB Woodard is a stand out player and theirs a few recievers and db's I think are some good players for Sweeny....Needville has some good players too.

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I think the kid from Brookshire is named Brandon Williams?

sTx
10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Brookshires running back is unbelievably fast :eek:

Trapper
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
26 AAA Playoff Teams
Which Teams will make it out of District 26 AAA? Giddings will be small school for sure because Sealy will go big School.

Its sounds like:

Sweeny
Needville
Royal

Our the Front Runners at the moment.

Trapper
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Royal has a good pool of kids to pull from every year from what I can tell.

Needville must be faster this year...have not seen them play for a couple of years.

Sweeny always has talent.

Stafford has had a big pre district.

W.C. can't seem to put it together year in and year out.

Wharton is always scary, no matter the record.

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Needville must be faster this year...have not seen them play for a couple of years.

Wharton is always scary, no matter the record. W.C hasn't had the talent these past few years that they did when they went to the playoffs 3 straight years. :(

SweenyBulldog
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Wharton is always scary, no matter the record.
From what I've heard, I haven't personally seen Needville play they have some speed and good size ( always seem to have that on their side ) but they really play as a whole unit, unlike a team with alot of key players. They have some good players from what I hear...like I said I haven't personally watched em but I expect a good game when Sweeny and Needville meet.

Dogs_21
10-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Best Player in This District is Sweeny's Jamell Woodard...I want to know what schools are looking at him.

SweenyBulldog
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Best Player in This District is Sweeny's Jamell Woodard...I want to know what schools are looking at him. SHS said in another thread about him being looked at by Houston and another school for RB and Texas for a return man but I honestly dont know really...

Dogs_21
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Yea I heard about Houston but I don't think he has any offers yet! I know he can play small D1 ball.

SweenyBulldog
10-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Yea I heard about Houston but I don't think he has any offers yet! I know he can play small D1 ball. Without a doubt...when I watch the Houston Christan game it looked like he was going to get tackled and he would find away out in the open.

Dogs_21
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes I wish the best for him!

IHStangFan
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
The RB at BR is supposed to be something special. He went off against Sealy earlier in the year. I listened to that game and they just couldn't contain him in the 1st half. He's a play maker w/ breakaway speed.

SweenyBulldog
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The RB at BR is supposed to be something special. He went off against Sealy earlier in the year. I listened to that game and they just couldn't contain him in the 1st half. He's a play maker w/ breakaway speed. I havent heard alot about BR but he has been about the only thing I've heard...does anyone have any stats on him?

Trapper
10-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I hear the Berry Kid at Needville is getting some looks at the college level?

SHSBulldog00
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SweenyBulldog
I havent heard alot about BR but he has been about the only thing I've heard...does anyone have any stats on him?

RB Brandon Williams is a Junior I believe.

His Stats

28 Rec 302 yards 2 TD's

102 Carries 615 yards 6 TD's

Williams has scored 48 points

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I hear the Berry Kid at Needville is getting some looks at the college level? Really? He seems like a solid HS caliber QB but he doesn't seem like a college QB to me. Maybe I'm cutting him short, but it would surprise me if he played college ball as a QB.

Trapper
10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
The Berry kids numbers just don't jump off the page at you...but he is winning...that just what I hear in the coffee shop circles.

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Here are QB Caleb Berry's stats for Needville

30 of 74 608 yards 6 TD's

jaydog34
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
most impressive stat to me is zero interceptions. not to many high school qb's have that stat.

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
That is impressive.

Trapper
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Going into week 8 the district looks very cut and dry.

Needvillle, Sweeny, Royal - 2-0

Wharton, W.C., Stafford - 0-2
Can one of these 0-an-2 teams still make a run at a playoff spot?

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Going into week 8 the district looks very cut and dry.

Needvillle, Sweeny, Royal - 2-0

Wharton, W.C., Stafford - 0-2
Can one of these 0-an-2 teams still make a run at a playoff spot? Whoever wins the West Columbia/Royal game is going to make the playoffs.

Royal is going to lose to Sweeny and Needville most likely and Columbia is going to beat Wharton and Stafford most likely.

That would make both teams 2-2 and the dependent game the one coming up on Friday. That game is HUGE for both teams.

carter08
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Whoever wins the West Columbia/Royal game is going to make the playoffs.

Royal is going to lose to Sweeny and Needville most likely and Columbia is going to beat Wharton and Stafford most likely.

That would make both teams 2-2 and the dependent game the one coming up on Friday. That game is HUGE for both teams.

agree.

brookshire has talent, but won't have the chemistry needed to beat sweeny and needville.

likewise, columbia won't lose to wharton and stafford because they're a good enough team to win those games.

it all comes down to friday. does talent beat chemistry? that's the question.

Trapper
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
It doesn't sound like your sold on Royal? Can W.C. beat them? W.C. always has nice looking players, but they just don't seem to know how to win. Just my thoughts, granted I don't see them play week in and week out.

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
W.C. always has nice looking players, but they just don't seem to know how to win. This is EXACTLY what people say about Royal? Irony?

carter08
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
It doesn't sound like your sold on Royal? Can W.C. beat them? W.C. always has nice looking players, but they just don't seem to know how to win. Just my thoughts, granted I don't see them play week in and week out.

royal is probably the most talented team in the district. the problem is, as long as they've been in the district, they've had good athletes but haven't really been able to put together a solid team.

Trapper
10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Who's the best Qb in the district? Seem's like no one really throws the ball much down in that area besides Royal. What sort of players are they?

carter08
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Who's the best Qb in the district? Seem's like no one really throws the ball much down in that area besides Royal. What sort of players are they?

WC's QB is pretty fast, but I dunno how good his arm is.

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Who's the best Qb in the district? Seem's like no one really throws the ball much down in that area besides Royal. What sort of players are they? As far as throwing.... Berry in Needville. Kid has a good arm, can throw on the run and is accurate. No INT's.

As far as running, IDK. Not Berry in Needville. I've only seen two others Lemon in Sweeny and Lewis for Columbia and I'd say Lewis is a better runner, mainly because he more opportunity to run than Lemon in Sweeny.

IHStangFan
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Berry is also a heckova player on the defense. He was all over the field last week against Wharton while playing on the defense.

SweenyBulldog
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Sweeny's QB is has a decent arm...but that kid can scramble like no other he's real quick. WC's QB looked good also pretty quick and completed alot of his passes against Sweeny but thats been the only time I've seen WC's QB play.

tigerfan09
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM

Any Wharton starter...

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by carter08
royal is probably the most talented team in the district. the problem is, as long as they've been in the district, they've had good athletes but haven't really been able to put together a solid team.

These last two district games I have seen a whole new team they have came together and are working hard.of course they fight and bicker at each other but they settle it fast and get back in the game. Wharton was winning 6 to 10 going into the half and royal was very fustrated when I watched them walk back out they were a whole new team.stafford was behind by a touchdown and royal again looked fustrated but coming back second half and once again they came back a new team those coachs really know what they are doing during halftime. Hats off to them :clap:

carter08
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
These last two district games I have seen a whole new team they have came together and are working hard.of course they fight and bicker at each other but they settle it fast and get back in the game. Wharton was winning 6 to 10 going into the half and royal was very fustrated when I watched them walk back out they were a whole new team.stafford was behind by a touchdown and royal again looked fustrated but coming back second half and once again they came back a new team those coachs really know what they are doing during halftime. Hats off to them :clap:

So, what you're saying is that Royal is only good in the second half.

Well, hopefully the Necks can capitalize in the first half then. 21-0 at the half, win 28-21 or so.

=P

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
These last two district games I have seen a whole new team they have came together and are working hard.of course they fight and bicker at each other but they settle it fast and get back in the game. Wharton was winning 6 to 10 going into the half and royal was very fustrated when I watched them walk back out they were a whole new team.stafford was behind by a touchdown and royal again looked fustrated but coming back second half and once again they came back a new team those coachs really know what they are doing during halftime. Hats off to them :clap: :clap:

Royal had better play their A game from the get go this week. They don't want to be behind at half to Columbia. They've got a lot better D than Stafford or Wharton.

A comeback isn't as likely against Columbia, although still possible. Just saying, whoever wants to win needs 4 quarters, not just 1 half. Same thing with WC last week. We played 2 good quarters. 2 not so good quarters.

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Any Wharton starter...

Can't remember the kids name but he plays corner number 7 is a pretty good player plus there dt number 44

IHStangFan
10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
These last two district games I have seen a whole new team they have came together and are working hard.of course they fight and bicker at each other but they settle it fast and get back in the game. Wharton was winning 6 to 10 going into the half and royal was very fustrated when I watched them walk back out they were a whole new team.stafford was behind by a touchdown and royal again looked fustrated but coming back second half and once again they came back a new team those coachs really know what they are doing during halftime. Hats off to them :clap: I drive through Brookshire, Pattison, etc. almost every weekend going to our property. Brookshire-Royal HS is an impressive looking complex.

A little off topic I know....but just had to throw that out there, LOL.

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
:clap:

Royal had better play their A game from the get go this week. They don't want to be behind at half to Columbia. They've got a lot better D than Stafford or Wharton.

A comeback isn't as likely against Columbia, although still possible. Just saying, whoever wants to win needs 4 quarters, not just 1 half. Same thing with WC last week. We played 2 good quarters. 2 not so good quarters.

Agreed this game is going to be either high scoring or low scoring either way it will be close unless either team has something to say about it

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Agreed this game is going to be either high scoring or low scoring either way it will be close unless either team has something to say about it huh? lol

That made no sense at all.

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I drive through Brookshire, Pattison, etc. almost every weekend going to our property. Brookshire-Royal HS is an impressive looking complex.

A little off topic I know....but just had to throw that out there, LOL.

Lol little bit but yes they have a brand new high school 2 tennis courts new baseball,softball,and soccer fields

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
huh? lol

That made no sense at all.

Lol ok in other words its going to be a close game unless one team can just pull away. easier lol

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Lol ok in other words its going to be a close game unless one team can just pull away. easier lol Sounded like this:

Gonna be high scoring, unless it's low scoring.

And it's gonna be close, unless it's not.

:p

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Sounded like this:

Exactly lol

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Sounded like this:

:D haha good stuff

BRfalconfan
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
:D haha good stuff

Only the best for dist. 26 lol

Trapper
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm calling it now, Wharton makes the playoffs in 26 AAA.

onsideanytime
10-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Why would royal waste money on building new baseball and softball fields? seen both of those programs play and it is a joke, we have some little league teams that could play with the royal baseball team

SweenyBulldog
10-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
Why would royal waste money on building new baseball and softball fields? seen both of those programs play and it is a joke, we have some little league teams that could play with the royal baseball team LOL!!!

BRfalconfan
10-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm calling it now, Wharton makes the playoffs in 26 AAA.

Stafford to huh

Move The Chains
10-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Why would royal waste money on building new baseball and softball fields? seen both of those programs play and it is a joke, we have some little league teams that could play with the royal baseball team Sadly, that's true.

BRfalconfan
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Why would royal waste money on building new baseball and softball fields? seen both of those programs play and it is a joke, we have some little league teams that could play with the royal baseball team

Yea I wouldn't say little league teams but yes they just don't have little league teams to have played in around the area like all the hick towns like bellville

STAggie
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Maybe it's because they want to start a tradition and sometimes the easiest way to do that, is to show the kids that the school and comunity care about the program. Also, it is hard to have a good baseball program when there is no little league system in place within the community. Instead of praising a community for putting money where it should go into a brand new school complex you would rather make fun of them for building new fields even though their teams aren't any good. Sometimes, especially around these parts, you have to show the kids you care about them even when they aren't the best at something. guess that isn't so where you are from.

Trapper
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Who's the fastest kid in the district? Football or Track..

STAggie
10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Who's the fastest kid in the district? Football or Track..

Brandon Williams--Royal