PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange ???

Bullaholic
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
LaGrange is 5-0 and threatening to break into the Top 10 rankings. How good are they? They had some 'monsters' a few years ago.

TRENCHES06
10-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Actually 6-0. No monsters. Just hard working boys playing with heart

Bullaholic
10-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Actually 6-0. No monsters. Just hard working boys playing with heart

How do they compare with some of your good teams of past years? Guess I need to put a space between 'La' and 'Grange', too.

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How do they compare with some of your good teams of past years? Guess I need to put a space between 'La' and 'Grange', too.

Overall size wise about the same,speed on this years team I would say is better. Two different offenses, the teams in the early 2000's were run first pass second even with a D1 QB. Defenses very similar, everyone just fly's to the ball. As stated earlier hard working boy's.This years team has very few players going both ways, the earlier teams had quite a few going both ways.

Bullaholic
10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Overall size wise about the same,speed on this years team I would say is better. Two different offenses, the teams in the early 2000's were run first pass second even with a D1 QB. Defenses very similar, everyone just fly's to the ball. As stated earlier hard working boy's.This years team has very few players going both ways, the earlier teams had quite a few going both ways.

I remember listening to a La Grange playoff game several years ago. Seems like La Grange had a 300lb+ player who was pretty good---but I'm not absolutely sure it was La Grange.

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I remember listening to a La Grange playoff game several years ago. Seems like La Grange had a 300lb+ player who was pretty good---but I'm not absolutely sure it was La Grange.

We did have a great OL when we won state, one was aleast 300. For a big boy he could move pretty well, also was a pretty good baseball player. Schramm kid.

warda
10-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Same size, more speed, and less going both ways than early 2000's should result in same deep playoff runs, yes?

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by warda
Same size, more speed, and less going both ways than early 2000's should result in same deep playoff runs, yes?

Let's take care of District first, to make the runs of the earlier 2000's teams a lot has to happen. The 2 year run was great but you have to have some breaks go your way.

Antec
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I saw La Grange with Ty Gunn play in the Astrodome against Sealy I think but for got what year

It was cold and rainy outside and went with a friend.