PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Graham 8th

mustang84
10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I watched a Great game of football last night . Sweetwater 8th grade red team show alot of determination last night when they fell behind 20-14 with less then 6 mins left to play. They pulled themselves together and used all the new things coach slaughter has taught them and came back to win 28-20. The winning drive came after Graham punted and left them 85 yards to go with 1:55 left on the clock. We ran the trap play and the kids run the blocking scheme perfect, open a hole big enought to drive the bus thru and running back took it 85 yards to the house. These kids have really learned alot under this new coaching staff. I as a parent would like to thank coach Slaughter and all his staff for all the hard work and time that they put in coming down to work with and coach with the middle school kids. They are really building a great program.

STANG RED
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by mustang84
I watched a Great game of football last night . Sweetwater 8th grade red team show alot of determination last night when they fell behind 20-14 with less then 6 mins left to play. They pulled themselves together and used all the new things coach slaughter has taught them and came back to win 28-20. The winning drive came after Graham punted and left them 85 yards to go with 1:55 left ont the clock. We ran the trap play and the kids run the blocking scheme perfect, open a hole big enought to drive the bus thru and running back took it 85 yards to the house. These kids have really learned alot under this new coaching staff. I as a parent would like to thank coach Slaughter and all his staff for all the hard work and time that they put in coming down to work with and coach with the middle school kids. They are really building a great program.

This is great news to hear. Congrats to the ponies.
I'm anxious to see the kind of teams we field on varsity in the next 3-5 years, with boys that have grown up in Slaughters system. I really think we'll be one of the tops in the state again. Just gotta be patient. We're getting there.

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I watched a Great game of football last night . Sweetwater 8th grade red team show alot of determination last night when they fell behind 20-14 with less then 6 mins left to play. They pulled themselves together and used all the new things coach slaughter has taught them and came back to win 28-20. The winning drive came after Graham punted and left them 85 yards to go with 1:55 left on the clock. We ran the trap play and the kids run the blocking scheme perfect, open a hole big enought to drive the bus thru and running back took it 85 yards to the house. These kids have really learned alot under this new coaching staff. I as a parent would like to thank coach Slaughter and all his staff for all the hard work and time that they put in coming down to work with and coach with the middle school kids. They are really building a great program.

I counted four varsity coaches on the sideline with all of them giving instructions to the positions they coach at the varsity level. Last year, I only saw one varsity coach on the field and that was when his son was playing center.

mustang84
10-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I think in the next few years Coach Slaughter will have Sweetwater right back at the top. The are teaching this kids how to play the game and play it right. Last night i heard him tell those boys to suck it up and give it everything they had. It was nice to see the boys respond and take the game over in the forth quarter. He is a very positive influence on the boys and they love playing for him. You could see when they realized they had to get after it to win they started hitting hard and running harder and the linemen were blocking their tails off.

Black_Magic
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I think that Jackson did a purdy darn good job of that for a few years looking at his record despite the negativity towards him from many of the sweetwater folks. that being said. Im sure coach slaughter will do a good job as well.

STANG RED
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think that Jackson did a purdy darn good job of that for a few years looking at his record despite the negativity towards him from many of the sweetwater folks. that being said. Im sure coach slaughter will do a good job as well.

Well look who came out of hiding. Where ya been blackie? Try to figure out how to keep Wylie under a half a hundred? :D
Good Luck with that.:p

mustang84
10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Black Magic I have no complains about Coach Jackson my son and his son were great freinds. I think Jackson did a great job. These kids just seem to be learning so much more now. Coach slaughter is strict and tough on them but at the same time he interacts with them and makes them have a great time playing and learning. Think we have great things in store here again in the near future.

trusteer/trublu
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Black Magic I have no complains about Coach Jackson my son and his son were great freinds. I think Jackson did a great job. These kids just seem to be learning so much more now. Coach slaughter is strict and tough on them but at the same time he interacts with them and makes them have a great time playing and learning. Think we have great things in store here again in the near future. believing in your Coach and his program is half the battle...

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Graham

Phantom Stang
10-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I have to say, I agree with that 100%.

ccmom
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Dawg Dad
Graham

:confused: