PDA

View Full Version : Monahans

tex_male
10-13-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/10/13/sports/top_stories/doc4ad504a6b587e328940543.txt

By Oscar LeRoy
Sports Writer
Published: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:53 PM CDT
Monahans senior quarterback Quincy Titus knows that for his team to get to where it wants to go this year, the Loboes are going to have to play like they did against Seminole last Friday.

Some people would also say if Titus plays like he did at the Indians’ Wig Wam Stadium, the Loboes just might accomplish their lofty goals for this season.

Titus had a great all-around game against Seminole as he rushed for 104 yards and a touchdown and was 4-for-9 passing for 120 yards and two touchdowns in the Loboes’ 42-14 District 3-3A opening road victory.

Thanks to that performance, Titus is the Reporter-Telegram’s Area Player of the Week.

“Quincy did a good job of running the ball, he busted a few long runs and really had a good game,” Monahans coach Mickey Owens said.

While Titus may be known more for his running in the Loboes’ Wing-T offense, Owens said the senior’s passing game has really improved over the last year.

“His arm has gotten so much stronger,” Owens said. “We know he is very capable of throwing 20 times a game if we needed him to. His confidence in his whole game has really improved.”

Titus agreed.

“Now I have the patience to sit in the pocket and read my receivers,” said Titus, who’s completing 56 percent of his passes this year. “In the past I would get nervous and run with the ball and I didn’t give time for the play to progress. My passing game is a whole lot better than it was last year.”

But whether it’s throwing or running with the football, Titus knows that he nor his team can have success without the work of the offensive line.

“Against Seminole, our line blocked extremely well,” Titus said. “All I had to do was run behind them and their blocks. They did a tremendous job.”

Titus added that this had to be one the best games the No. 5-ranked Loboes (6-0, 1-0) have played all year. The Loboes had 379 yards of offense, including 259 on the ground, and held the a dangerous Seminole team to 205 yards. That performance was huge considering the game against Seminole was the district opener and it was against a team that was thought of as one of the top challengers for the 3-3A crown.

“The result kind of surprised me but a win is a win and any way we can get it we’ll take it.” Titus said. “We know if want to get to where we want to be, it was big for us to play the way we did.”

Up next for Monahans is a home game against Andrews (2-4, 1-0), a team coming off a 19-17 victory over Lamesa in the teams’ district opener. Titus said his team will remained focused on its goals for this season.

“We’re just going into this game as another district game and another step toward the district title,” Titus said. “We just have to give it all

Read more: http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/10/13/sports/top_stories/doc4ad504a6b587e328940543.txt#ixzz0Tsjjjf9Q

tex_male
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
For all or most Monahans Loboes news just click here.

http://mwpisd.esc18.net/mhs/Football/2009-10/09_fb_articles.htm

Daddy D 11
10-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Monahans is overrated.

M-town lobo fan
10-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Overrated lol! We beat # 7 in 4A Big Springs.Beat # 2 Abeline Wylie without starting Qb Quincy Titus in a scrimage.I know its only a scrimage & doesn't mean anything but it does count for something.We know we can play with the Big Boys any time you can beat Abeline Wylie in anything you doing something right.Hope the whole state thinks we are overrated thats what we want when they step on the field.They better bring their A game Loboes aint no joke!

Matthew328
10-14-2009, 08:06 AM
When did Monahans beat Big Spring?? Big Spring is 6-0

injuredinmelee
10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
When did Monahans beat Big Spring?? Big Spring is 6-0

scrimmage... :clap: ;)

injuredinmelee
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I would love to see Monahans play. They are always well coached and have good athletes.

STANG RED
10-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Monahans is overrated.

You obviously havent seen them play. If anything their underrated. Dont be surprised to see them playing in the state championship game. They really are that good.

tex_male
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
This week the kid that was starting RB will be back. He was injured in the first game. I am ready to see him run with the ball again.

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Big Spring is 6-0

While I am thinking about it, you were right and I was wrong. They are the real deal.

garciap77
10-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Overrated lol! We beat # 7 in 4A Big Springs.Beat # 2 Abeline Wylie without starting Qb Quincy Titus in a scrimage.I know its only a scrimage & doesn't mean anything but it does count for something.We know we can play with the Big Boys any time you can beat Abeline Wylie in anything you doing something right.Hope the whole state thinks we are overrated thats what we want when they step on the field.They better bring their A game Loboes aint no joke!

:thinking:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/L7eVeYlXT0quoSgXroc_Xw/monahans-loboes/football/schedule.htm monahans 6-0

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/XngGrEqQPky5ba770IQR6g/big-spring-steers/football/schedule.htm big spring 6-0

Matthew328
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
While I am thinking about it, you were right and I was wrong. They are the real deal.

It happens to the best of us

Tres Lobos
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/L7eVeYlXT0quoSgXroc_Xw/monahans-loboes/football/schedule.htm monahans 6-0

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/XngGrEqQPky5ba770IQR6g/big-spring-steers/football/schedule.htm big spring 6-0

we played both abilene wylie and big spring in scrimmages, not in real games. I no scrimmages don't mean squat and that wylie is pretty much a totally different team by the end of the year, but monahans did beat both of them.

Daddy D 11
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I watched Monahans play Bridgeport last year. I was unimpressed with both. Knowing that Monahans brought back alot could make them a little better, but it's still the same talent.

They remind me of Sweeny in 2006, just stop Tank (Or Titus in Monahans case) and you win easily.

Monahans won't go DI will they? So a Wylie rematch is highly unlikely.

hollywood
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Monahans would have a very difficult time beating Abilene Wylie or anyone east of Abilene for that matter.:1popcorn:

westtxfballfan
10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I watched Monahans play Bridgeport last year. I was unimpressed with both. Knowing that Monahans brought back alot could make them a little better, but it's still the same talent.

They remind me of Sweeny in 2006, just stop Tank (Or Titus in Monahans case) and you win easily.

Monahans won't go DI will they? So a Wylie rematch is highly unlikely.

I take it Liberty Hill is the same more or less as last year? You can judge a little by what you saw last year, but you also might wait until you've seen them play this year before making a call.

Actually, they're a LOT better than last year, and much of that is on the defensive side. They've had 20+ point leads on 3 opponents before they even gave up a first down. Even in the games where they've given up more than one score, they were trash time points. Against Midland Christian they were up 43-6 in the third before pulling starters, 43-6 on Lakeview before giving a trash time TD, and against Seminole, 42-0 one play into the 4th before pulling the starters. Seminole had 3 first downs and negative rushing yards at the time before putting up a couple of TDs on the 2nd string in the 4th. Admitted, not the strongest schedule, but I'm not sure what more you could ask them to do.

Titus is playing way better than last year, and they have an O-line that has made it easy for everybody in the backfield to get yards and scores.

Like I said, you might ought to give them a look first.

Bullaholic
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Monahans would have a very difficult time beating Abilene Wylie or anyone east of Abilene for that matter.:1popcorn:

Monahans will make it to the semis or better this season---that is this man's opinion, and they did impress me in our playoff game last season with their tenacity. Titus and his teammates are a year older and are gamers to the end.

Daddy D 11
10-14-2009, 12:15 PM
westtxfootballfan, LH is way way down this year. Big drop off in talent from the previous 4-5 years.

And I never said you guys weren't good, I'm just saying until Monahans lines up and plays a worthy opponent and smokes em, this guy won't be jumping on the bandwagon. That's just me though. Being lucky enough to watch A WHOLE LOT of high school football games the past 7 years, I can say that there are SO MANY team that play really weak schedules and dominate with average talent and all the sudden they are amazing. Then, those fans become confident because they've never seen anything outside of their bubble and BAMM they get steamrolled by someone and all the sudden they go "Oh, maybe we were average." Now I'm not saying that is the exact case with Monahans.. But I have a feeling it is. I could be wrong, hopefully I'm eating crow in December because I would LOVE to see you guys stomp Celina.

garciap77
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
we played both abilene wylie and big spring in scrimmages, not in real games. I no scrimmages don't mean squat and that wylie is pretty much a totally different team by the end of the year, but monahans did beat both of them.

:thumbsup:

garciap77
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
westtxfootballfan, LH is way way down this year. Big drop off in talent from the previous 4-5 years.

And I never said you guys weren't good, I'm just saying until Monahans lines up and plays a worthy opponent and smokes em, this guy won't be jumping on the bandwagon. That's just me though. Being lucky enough to watch A WHOLE LOT of high school football games the past 7 years, I can say that there are SO MANY team that play really weak schedules and dominate with average talent and all the sudden they are amazing. Then, those fans become confident because they've never seen anything outside of their bubble and BAMM they get steamrolled by someone and all the sudden they go "Oh, maybe we were average." Now I'm not saying that is the exact case with Monahans.. But I have a feeling it is. I could be wrong, hopefully I'm eating crow in December because I would LOVE to see you guys stomp Celina.

Is that the team (Celina) that plays weak schedules, and then wins "State Titles" more often than any other football team in Texas? Just asking!:D

;)

STANG RED
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM

As a man that has watched A WHOLE LOT more high school football games over the past 40+ years, I can tell you that Monahans is the real deal, and can play with anyone in the state. Those 16 year old boys that played deep into the playoffs last year, are all young men, 10-20 lbs heavier with muscle, and a step or two faster than last year. I think you'll have ample oppertunity to see them come playoff time, because they'll be playing into to December for sure. Mark it down.
And Titus isnt all they have by a long shot, but he is the main cog in the wheel. If he goes down, they will suffer. But most any 3A school would suffer as much, if their best player goes down, so its a mut point.

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Well you can't really say Celina plays a weak schedule. Our only losses last year came to State Champions, and that's likely to be the case this year too. I'd love to see Monahans play, but they'll have to get to the semis and so will Celina if that's going to happen!

hollywood
10-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Monahans will make it to the semis or better this season---that is this man's opinion, and they did impress me in our playoff game last season with their tenacity. Titus and his teammates are a year older and are gamers to the end.

Ok, I will have to say that Monahans does have pretty good athletes and a solid program. Time will tell how their district shakes out. Not doubting that they will win it, because they probably will. Just saying that their schedule so far is questionable other than the 2 scrimmages. But who else do they have to play?:thinking:

Is Titus really that good or is it the small defenses that haven't really been a challenge?

Bullaholic
10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Ok, I will have to say that Monahans does have pretty good athletes and a solid program. Time will tell how their district shakes out. Not doubting that they will win it, because they probably will. Just saying that their schedule so far is questionable other than the 2 scrimmages. But who else do they have to play?:thinking:

Is Titus really that good or is it the small defenses that haven't really been a challenge?

Can't speak to this season, hollywood, but in last year's game against Bridgeport Titus was a real force running and throwing. It is tough to hold him below 100yds rushing and he throws well, also. He is tough and physical and leads his team on every play.
We had 2 all-state linebackers and some other pretty good players on our "D" and we couldn't keep him from making plays.

M-town lobo fan
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
We wont be tested or know till:
2nd round -Brownwood or Grahm
3rd round-Argyle
4th round semi -any suggestions Region 2 DII champs????
State Finals: Monahans vs Cuero Battle of Mean Green!

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Well you won't play Argyle in the third round, they're region 2, not one. It's hard to say who the regionII winner will be, but right now the frontrunners are Celina and Argyle. Too much football to be played to predict that right now though.

tex_male
10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Monahans

n Coach Mickey Owens said he liked his team's intensity throughout a convincing 42-14 District 3-3A opening victory at Seminole.

"You never know how the kids are going to react in a game against a very good team like that, but overall from the top to the bottom -- offense, defense and special teams -- our kids did really well," Owens said.

n The No. 5-ranked Loboes (6-0, 1-0) got some good news this week with the return of RB/DB Arturo Aranda to practice after recovering from a hairline fracture in his left ankle.

Owens said Aranda will give his team a big boost as he will help the Loboes with their running game, defense and kick returns.

Read more: http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/10/15/sports/top_stories/10-13_oscars_area_notebook_ss_read.txt#ixzz0U0omMoJd

Ex-Tiger2005
10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
i cant wait til the play-offs cuz monahans always plays a few in this area! i have seen the titus kid since he was a soph. and he is a good ATH.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
they wont play wylie! they wont play anyone east til semis or better!

tex_male
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
TEAM STATISTICS AFTER 6 GAMES

Monahans Loboes / Opponents

Score 261 / 67

Total Yards 2410 / 1211

Rushes-Yards 227-1751 / 178-516

Passing Yards 659 / 695

Passing 31-54-0 / 50-92-4

Fumbles-Lost 13-3 / 21-8

Penalties-Yards 48-385 / 28-214

By QUARTERS
1st 79 / 6
2nd 86 / 7
3rd 55 / 7
4th 41 / 47

Avg. Point per Game 44 / 11

Avg. Yards per Rush 8 / 3

Avg. Yards per Catch 21 / 14

Avg. Rush-Yards per Game 38-292 / 28-86

Avg. Pass Comp-Att.-Yards 5-9-110 / 8-15-116

Avg. Penalties/Yards 8-64 / 5-36

STANG RED
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
All those stats look good except for way too many penalties. Better get those under control by playoff time, or they could cost you big time.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-15-2009, 11:06 AM
yall have a lot of penalties! that is uncharacteristic of them. can you get indiv. stats or is that too hectic?

westtxfballfan
10-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
All those stats look good except for way too many penalties. Better get those under control by playoff time, or they could cost you big time.

You are absolutely right about this. Their one recurring problem every game lately is the personal foul penalties, usually on the same guy. They have a knucklehead interior defensive lineman who does the team more harm than good with the penalties, or is at the very least embarassing his teammates on occasion. You can see him out there running his mouth and he can't help but draw a flag at least once a game lately. I hope the coaches get his attention before the playoffs start.

tex_male
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
yall have a lot of penalties! that is uncharacteristic of them. can you get indiv. stats or is that too hectic?

A few games the back ups were playing as you can tell by the 4th quarter scores. So that would intel more hunting.

I do this just for the sake of those that don't know anything about the Loboes and my time killer.

STANG RED
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
You are absolutely right about this. Their one recurring problem every game lately is the personal foul penalties, usually on the same guy. They have a knucklehead interior defensive lineman who does the team more harm than good with the penalties, or is at the very least embarassing his teammates on occasion. You can see him out there running his mouth and he can't help but draw a flag at least once a game lately. I hope the coaches get his attention before the playoffs start.

A few games on the bench or in street clothes oughta get his attention. And yalls schedule would easily allow for this. I must say I'm surprised Owens hasnt done it already though.:confused:

tex_male
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

I think I will try to do this.. May not be perfect but close.

hollywood
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
We wont be tested or know till:
2nd round -Brownwood or Grahm
3rd round-Argyle
4th round semi -any suggestions Region 2 DII champs????
State Finals: Monahans vs Cuero Battle of Mean Green!

Just going by your post, I assume that Monahans will be DII. Who's likely to be DI out of y'alls district?

I'll be pulling for Monahans in hopes that they could meet Brownwood in the playoffs. The wife actually had family from Monahans that were in the school system out there. They've moved east where there are trees now but it still would be a great match up. A lot of football left to play of course so time will tell.

Good luck and keep playin' hard.

westtxfballfan
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Just going by your post, I assume that Monahans will be DII. Who's likely to be DI out of y'alls district?

I'll be pulling for Monahans in hopes that they could meet Brownwood in the playoffs. The wife actually had family from Monahans that were in the school system out there. They've moved east where there are trees now but it still would be a great match up. A lot of football left to play of course so time will tell.

Good luck and keep playin' hard.

Seminole is likely to be the DI rep, with Monahans and Greenwood as DII reps. Seminole usually gets shown the door in round 2 by Wylie if I'm remembering it right. Monahans usually draws that (Brownwood's) district rep in the 2nd round (Snyder the last few years.) For the other district rep and Monahans to meet, both have to get to the quarters, ala Monahans and Sweetwater in 05.

tex_male
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Rushing
Colby Denton 100-808
Quincy Titus 45-377
Andrew Gaona 22-202
Micah Ramsey 22-118
Byron Scharf 19-124
Mathew Santiago 5-21
Arturo Aranda 4-101
Wade Roark 4-(-22)
Martin Marquez 1- (-5)
Ricky Chandler 1-1

Receiving
Wade Roark 8-292
Rex Rose 8-143
Trevor Owens 6-109
Byron Scharf 2-26
Ricky Robledo 2-16
Colby Denton 2-15
Bryan Azuaje 1-28
Arturo Aranda 1-17

QB
Quincy Titus 22-40-0-528
Wade Roark 9-12-0-121

The Running Back Aranda is the one that has been out since the first game. He will start this week I believe.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Rushing
Colby Denton 100-808
Quincy Titus 45-377
Andrew Gaona 22-202
Micah Ramsey 22-118
Byron Scharf 19-124
Mathew Santiago 5-21
Arturo Aranda 4-101!!!!
Wade Roark 4-(-22)
Martin Marquez 1- (-5)
Ricky Chandler 1-1

Receiving
Wade Roark 8-292
Rex Rose 8-143
Trevor Owens 6-109
Byron Scharf 2-26
Ricky Robledo 2-16
Colby Denton 2-15
Bryan Azuaje 1-28
Arturo Aranda 1-17

QB
Quincy Titus 22-40-0-528
Wade Roark 9-12-0-121

The Running Back Aranda is the one that has been out since the first game. He will start this week I believe.

looks like he was off to a good start!!!

WTF-82
10-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Rushing
Colby Denton 100-808
Quincy Titus 45-377
Andrew Gaona 22-202
Micah Ramsey 22-118
Byron Scharf 19-124
Mathew Santiago 5-21
Arturo Aranda 4-101
Wade Roark 4-(-22)
Martin Marquez 1- (-5)
Ricky Chandler 1-1

Receiving
Wade Roark 8-292
Rex Rose 8-143
Trevor Owens 6-109
Byron Scharf 2-26
Ricky Robledo 2-16
Colby Denton 2-15
Bryan Azuaje 1-28
Arturo Aranda 1-17

QB
Quincy Titus 22-40-0-528
Wade Roark 9-12-0-121

WOW!! Now is that balance or what look at the offensive numbers share the wealth. Our top RB has not seen the field since week 1. 4 carries for 101yds against Midland Christian which I dont care what anyone says is a tough opponent. For all that now nothing about Owens and Lobo Football program our program would never design our offense for one guy its all about balance so if you want to stop Quincy running abilities watch out for his arm and toughness our FB is a hoss and about 3 deep at RB. Well now, with our top RB back from injury 4 deep. Also Defense wins Championships if we can get healthy and stay healthy these kids are hard working kids call them overrated thats fine our kids and staff love it they play better like this we will face someone tough in round 2 but these kids will dig deep and the strong leadership will see them through.
Go Loboes !!!!

wtfootball
10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can't speak to this season, hollywood, but in last year's game against Bridgeport Titus was a real force running and throwing. It is tough to hold him below 100yds rushing and he throws well, also. He is tough and physical and leads his team on every play.
We had 2 all-state linebackers and some other pretty good players on our "D" and we couldn't keep him from making plays.

That is because those linebackers were on their backs most of the night.

weenman33
10-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Monahans is just a terrific team this year and as long as they can stay healthy and get the grades this team will go far... their heads are the only thing that can stop them, and as I know most of them personally they are very good kids and should know better than to get a big head just over a few games.. but they are good and everyone knows it by now!!!

by the way Monahans 54 --- Andrews 14

wtfootball
10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I have read all of the posts in addition to throwing my usual barb toward Bridgeport.
1. I think Monahans has a weak schedule, everyone should admit that they are yet to play a ranked opponent and no matter how many points you throw on Seminole, they were unranked.
2. I think Monhans is very good and has the talent to play for the State Title.
3. A lot of this team has started since their sophomore year, they are grown now with experience. They have been building this team for this year for a while.
4. I see Monahans going at least to the semi-finals.

Are the players believing the hype or do they realize they are yet to play a ranked opponent and staying focused. That will be the difference in a state championship or not. I'm not sure who they will play, I don't think Cuero will make it to the finals. I am glad they will not have to play Abilene Wylie, I'm not confident the Loboes could take them, it would be very close. I don't see anyone on the Loboes side that is better than them. Celina?, Not sure this years team is any better than the Loboes. I know it is exciting and I am looking forward to some December Football.
Go Mean Green

garciap77
10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I have read all of the posts in addition to throwing my usual barb toward Bridgeport.
1. I think Monahans has a weak schedule, everyone should admit that they are yet to play a ranked opponent and no matter how many points you throw on Seminole, they were unranked.
2. I think Monhans is very good and has the talent to play for the State Title.
3. A lot of this team has started since their sophomore year, they are grown now with experience. They have been building this team for this year for a while.
4. I see Monahans going at least to the semi-finals.

Are the players believing the hype or do they realize they are yet to play a ranked opponent and staying focused. That will be the difference in a state championship or not. I'm not sure who they will play, I don't think Cuero will make it to the finals. I am glad they will not have to play Abilene Wylie, I'm not confident the Loboes could take them, it would be very close. I don't see anyone on the Loboes side that is better than them. Celina?, Not sure this years team is any better than the Loboes. I know it is exciting and I am looking forward to some December Football.
Go Mean Green

Good Luck! You guys looked great against Bridgeport last year, but just could not hold on to win the game! If you are better than last years team I believe you will make it to the finals!:)

weenman33
10-16-2009, 09:24 AM
this years team is alot better than last years team....

Tres Lobos
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by weenman33
this years team is alot better than last years team....

I agree :clap: :D

tex_male
10-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Titus left the game in the first part of the 3rd due to unknown injury, looked like possible shoulder the way he landed. A few play later the running back that had been out since the first game left with what looked like a knee injury but was walking the side lines without shoulder pads. Roark who is a multi use player in my opinion came in and showed what most of us Loboes fan know and that is, he may not do all that dancing stuff but the kid will hit his reciever everytime and run right at you. Our second team is improving each week.

M-town lobo fan
10-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Titus is having x-rays done on his neck.He is in the ER as we speak!Hope everything turns out ok for him

tex_male
10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Prayer going out to him.

tex_male
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
TEAM STATISTICS AFTER 7 GAMES 2009

Score 307 / 74

Total Yards 2727 / 1377

Rushes-Yards 272-2016 / 207-605

Passing Yards 711 / 772

Passing 37-64-0 / 53-103-5

Fumbles-Lost 16-3 / 25-11

Penalties-Yards 52-432 / 33-244

By QUARTERS
1st 85 / 6
2nd 93 / 7
3rd 82 / 7
4th 47 / 54

Rushing
Colby Denton 119-889
Quincy Titus 50-410
Andrew Gaona 31-269
Micah Ramsey 25-126
Byron Scharf 20-146
Mathew Santiago 5-21
Arturo Aranda 10-147
Wade Roark 7-(-14)
Martin Marquez 1- (-5)
Ricky Chandler 1-1

Receiving
Wade Roark 8-292
Rex Rose 8-143
Trevor Owens 8-128
Byron Scharf 4-42
Ricky Robledo 2-16
Colby Denton 2-15
Bryan Azuaje 2-31
Arturo Aranda 2-31

QB
Quincy Titus 24-45-0-545
Wade Roark 13-17-0-156

Ex-Tiger2005
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Any news on Titus?

tex_male
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=99160

DukeNukem
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM
TEAM STATISTICS AFTER 7 GAMES 2009

By QUARTERS
1st 85 / 6
2nd 93 / 7
3rd 82 / 7
4th 47 / 54

:eek: :eek: :eek: That is some major defense by the first team. As the second team has played the entire fourth quarter in all games but 1 and played most of it. I knew they were playing well but that is impressive.

Heard today that Titus surgery has been postponed until Monday due to swelling. Was told they will have to fuse his vertebrae but that he should make a full recovery. Please continue to keep him your prayers. Have not heard anything on Aranda the RB.

tex_male
10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
[i] Have not heard anything on Aranda the RB. [/B]

In the Fourth Quarter he was walking around the side line with out his shoulder pad on... Looked to me like he was doing fine... but have not heard on his playing status.

Tres Lobos
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
In the Fourth Quarter he was walking around the side line with out his shoulder pad on... Looked to me like he was doing fine... but have not heard on his playing status.

Aranda is having on MRI tomorrow morning

tex_male
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Lost their QB for the year with a fractured vertebrae. Starting running back also was knocked out with possible knee injury.

Moved this over from Graham vs Brownwood thread

Titus will be missed with his great reaction, speed and threat level but his back up Roark has proved himself as being a great QB also having had been the starter in the first game of the season, played QB in the 4th several times and taking over in the final half and one quarter Friday night. No worries from Loboes fans at all. The RB had not been a starter since the first game. He would be an added threat for the offense for sure but the Loboes have had multiple young men step up and are getting the job done very well. The Loboes are still very much a major contender for Reg. 1

Get well Titus and Aranda... Hope to see you guys on the side line keeping your team fired up.

tex_male
10-19-2009, 12:38 AM
While playing on the internet I came across this link.... It looks to be up to date and better stats than I could come up with via the local news.... enjoy

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/L7eVeYlXT0quoSgXroc_Xw/monahans-loboes/football/stats.htm

**Loboes**
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Arranda had MRI today, torn ACL and Miniscus. He is being fitted for a brace and will still be playing.

Pendragon13
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by **Loboes**
Arranda had MRI today, torn ACL and Miniscus. He is being fitted for a brace and will still be playing. Good luck with that...Wylie's starting LB (return starter from last year) only had the ACL and tried to play with a brace...his season was over in just the second game back seeing limited action. I hate seeing kids getting injured like that...most of them won't have a chance to play past high school.

tex_male
10-22-2009, 08:55 PM
From Odessa American: http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/oct-4874-basin-permian.html

>> MONAHANS LOBOES AT LAMESA GOLDEN TORNADOES

Time, Date, Place: 7:30 tonight, Tornado Stadium.

Districts: This is a District 3-3A game.

2009 Records: Monahans 7-0 overall, 2-0 district; Lamesa 2-5, 1-1.

Last Week: Monahans 46, Andrews 7; Lamesa 24, Brownfield 22.

Last Season: Monahans 54, Andrews 7.

Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

Notes: Junior Wade Roark will take over at quarterback for the injured senior Quincy Titus, who broke his neck on a third-quarter sideline run last week against Andrews. Roark started for Titus in the season-opening win against Midland Christian when Titus had an ankle sprain. Roark is 11-of-14 passing for 148 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions. Roark, the son of secondary coach Rusty Roark, was the team’s leading receiver with 294 yards, averaging 36.8 yards per catch. “These kids have played with Wade since junior high,” Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said. “They know the quality of quarterback he is. It’s a big deal when kids have confidence in a quarterback. On the first play he came in last week, we called a pass play. We don’t waver.” … Last week junior Ricky Robledo, the team’s leading tackler, had a team-high 13 tackles and one tackle for loss. Kevin Coldewey had eight tackles.