PDA

View Full Version : Why am I continually surprised by this?

Maroon87
10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6664801.html

sinton66
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
According to the evening news here, Spring has another teacher on "Administrative leave" while an investigation is being conducted. Didn't say it was for the same thing, though.

injuredinmelee
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
some people are just eat up with stupid. As a female teacher you think you would realize that a teen boy is going to talk about it eventually. They are going to brag to their friends that they bagged a teacher. Come on now.

Farmersfan
10-14-2009, 09:00 AM
This kind of stuff has always gone on. Even back when we rode dinosaurs to school. I know of several incidents of this happening in my little school. But now people are anal about it. It just goes along with all the other PC crap that we have to live with these days....... Sexual Assult? Are you kidding me? If the teacher is hot she is bombarded every hour of every day with horny young boys that would love to get her alone. It is improper and she should be punished but assult? Give me a break! Wouldn't assult have to be uninvited?

SintonFan
10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
This kind of stuff has always gone on. Even back when we rode dinosaurs to school. I know of several incidents of this happening in my little school. But now people are anal about it. It just goes along with all the other PC crap that we have to live with these days....... Sexual Assult? Are you kidding me? If the teacher is hot she is bombarded every hour of every day with horny young boys that would love to get her alone. It is improper and she should be punished but assult? Give me a break! Wouldn't assult have to be uninvited?

You are right. This stuff has been going on forever, but that doesn't justify "it" in itself.
If an adult male did this to a teenage girl would you view this the same?
One of the biggest problems in any of these cases is that AN ADULT(who knows the law better than children do and should have a measure of self-control), who in a position of authority, should never take advantage of a minor... never never never never ever ever ever...
Also, just because boys or girls have urges doesn't excuse them from acting on them either. There is a reason why kids can't buy guns, alcohol, drive and vote before a certain age.
As far as the Sexual Assualt charge... who knows? Maybe there was evidence to suggest the charge was justified?

sinton66
10-14-2009, 08:51 PM
The student may have been too old for "statutory rape" to apply. Bottom line, the state has passed a law against it no matter the ages involved. The student-Teacher "alliance" is a no-no at any level.

Emerson1
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The student-Teacher "alliance" is a no-no at any level.
and it doesn't even matter where the student goes to school. If they pick up a chick at a bar thinking she is in college and goes to HS 100 miles away they are screwed.

SintonFan
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
and it doesn't even matter where the student goes to school. If they pick up a chick at a bar thinking she is in college and goes to HS 100 miles away they are screwed.

How many high school girls have you met at a bar? j/k K
:D

big daddy russ
10-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How many high school girls have you met at a bar? j/k K
:D
Dan, don't hate. I met a HS girl at a bar (a 16-year-old at that) a long time ago and wouldn't have known anything if I didn't have friends that knew who she was. I thought she was 21.

Farmersfan
10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree this teacher should be punished. But she should not be labeled a sex offender or a sexual predator. That's nonsense!

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Dan, don't hate. I met a HS girl at a bar (a 16-year-old at that) a long time ago and wouldn't have known anything if I didn't have friends that knew who she was. I thought she was 21.

Not hating... just a legitimate question.
I remember the 80's quite well mind you.:doh:

rockdale80
10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Where were all these hot teachers that wanted younger guys when I was in HS?

Farmersfan
10-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Where were all these hot teachers that wanted younger guys when I was in HS?

Sleeping with the Jocks instead of the liberal nerds!!!! :D :D :D

rockdale80
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Sleeping with the Jocks instead of the liberal nerds!!!! :D :D :D

I was both!!! :)