PDA

View Full Version : Where is BROWNWOOD?

OldBison75
10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, last week there was a major surge in posts on the board from the Brownwood-Abilene Wylie game. Brownwood posters were loud, proud, and very outspoken. This week there are very few sounds coming from the Lions faithful. I know you guys are playing Breck this week--but no sounds are being heard. I hope that those walking wounded and those that are still there are ready for a new week. Brownwood will still make the playoffs and be a factor if they get healthy. Let's hear what you think about this week.

jason
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
how did they do vs abilene wylie?

pirate4state
10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm going with Breck in a mini upset. :)

Bullaholic
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jason
how did they do vs abilene wylie?

behave...:D

OldBison75
10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Jason, I believe that east of I45 the game would have been called a whippin by Wylie. Brownwood has a very good team that has suffered more than thier share of injuries this year. Most of the injuries have been the type that would devastate most teams, but Brownwood has been able to remain in the thick of things in a good district. They should make the playoffs, barring another run of injuries, but they are hoping that there is a faith healer or something that will sign on as athletic trainer. Look for the Lions to bounce back this week--they lost to Wylie, but there will be alot of teams that lose to Wylie this year.

injuredinmelee
10-13-2009, 11:27 AM
really everyone is still inthe thick of things in the district with only one game played. I still think they are playing basketball week 11 with losses to Snyder and Graham. Just like last season.

hollywood
10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm going with Breck in a mini upset. :) :stirpot: Haha.

Well, the best Wylie team that I've ever witnessed exposed the Lions last week. Our #2 QB went out for the year with a knee injury in the 2nd quarter. That makes 2 this year. The 3rd string "made-over" QB looked to be promising once he gets a weeks worth of snaps under his belt.

This week will be interesting to see how the Lions respond to a less than par performance against the #2 team in the state. Gilmer being #1 IMO.

Breckenridge has football tradition but let's face it, they haven't really been a threat as of late. There will likely be position changes for some players to account for the loss of 2 QB's. Brownwood is young and undersized on the O-line which has hurt them in 2 games this season, S'ville and Wylie. They should win out in district even with a tough game coming up in two weeks against Graham: Shipley vs McCoy.

Brownwood wins in Breck by 21 or more.

LE Dad
10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jason
how did they do vs abilene wylie? NOT TOO GOOD!!

ccmom
10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Where is BROWNWOOD?

It's a suburb of Early. Does that help?;) :D

ccmom
10-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
:stirpot: Haha.

Well, the best Wylie team that I've ever witnessed exposed the Lions last week. Our #2 QB went out for the year with a knee injury in the 2nd quarter. That makes 2 this year. The 3rd string "made-over" QB looked to be promising once he gets a weeks worth of snaps under his belt.

This week will be interesting to see how the Lions respond to a less than par performance against the #2 team in the state. Gilmer being #1 IMO.

Breckenridge has football tradition but let's face it, they haven't really been a threat as of late. There will likely be position changes for some players to account for the loss of 2 QB's. Brownwood is young and undersized on the O-line which has hurt them in 2 games this season, S'ville and Wylie. They should win out in district even with a tough game coming up in two weeks against Graham: Shipley vs McCoy.

Brownwood wins in Breck by 21 or more.

:clap: Nice post...and it was nice to meet you last Friday. Good luck to the Lions. :cheerl:

BwdLion73
10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, last week there was a major surge in posts on the board from the Brownwood-Abilene Wylie game. Brownwood posters were loud, proud, and very outspoken. This week there are very few sounds coming from the Lions faithful. I know you guys are playing Breck this week--but no sounds are being heard. I hope that those walking wounded and those that are still there are ready for a new week. Brownwood will still make the playoffs and be a factor if they get healthy. Let's hear what you think about this week.

Were still here...just waiting for the swelling to go down and the black eye to go away.
:) :p

garciap77
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Were still here...just waiting for the swelling to go down and the black eye to go away.
:) :p

Missed you at the M&G!

hollywood
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
It's a suburb of Early. Does that help?;) :D Early??? :rolleyes: They are our junior high feeder school. The other purple and gold team.:D

BwdLion73
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Missed you at the M&G!

Your photographic skills along with the fact that you work for the Government scare me.

:cool:

95mustang
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Brownwood will be okay. Yes we got beat Friday and by now everyone is aware of that. After watching Wylie play I can tell you no one should hang their head for losing to such a great team. Wylie plays as a team and a talented team at that. We have had our fair share of injuries this year. The quarterback we used during and after the second quarter had never taken a snap at the position. He did well by stepping in there and playing against one of the best defenses in the state. We did have 3 turnovers deep in our our own end of the field that lead to 21 points, I am not using that as an excuse either. The turnovers will be used as a tool to learn from and grow. This group of Lions are young and brusied, but they play with the heart of a Lion. Once again we will be fine in the big picture. Give the young man that played quarterback for the first time some practice and he will be able to lead the team. He is a great young man and very good athlete.

hollywood
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Brownwood will be okay. Yes we got beat Friday and by now everyone is aware of that. After watching Wylie play I can tell you no one should hang their head for losing to such a great team. Wylie plays as a team and a talented team at that. We have had our fair share of injuries this year. The quarterback we used during and after the second quarter had never taken a snap at the position. He did well by stepping in there and playing against one of the best defenses in the state. We did have 3 turnovers deep in our our own end of the field that lead to 21 points, I am not using that as an excuse either. The turnovers will be used as a tool to learn from and grow. This group of Lions are young and brusied, but they play with the heart of a Lion. Once again we will be fine in the big picture. Give the young man that played quarterback for the first time some practice and he will be able to lead the team. He is a great young man and very good athlete. :clap: Good post 95, good post!

Trashman
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
We got rolled by Wylie......But this week we roll Breck.:D

LH_Tuff
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
It's a suburb of Early. Does that help?;) :D

I have always thought that Brownwood fell within Abilene's ETJ (Extraterritorial Jurisdiction). ;) :D

Rustler
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
:stirpot: Haha.

Brownwood wins in Breck by 21 or more. Not a chance they win out:hand: Brownwood will not beat Snyder:hand:

Bullaholic
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
Not a chance they win out:hand: Brownwood will not beat Snyder:hand:

Man, if this ain't successful Rocket bait somebody had better go check on him....:D

UPanIN
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes we got beat Friday and by now everyone is aware of that.

Wasn't aware.

Cause I thought Navasota was the "CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE":D

garciap77
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Your photographic skills along with the fact that you work for the Government scare me.

:cool:

We all work for the Gov, you just don't know it!:D

;)

hollywood
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
Not a chance they win out:hand: Brownwood will not beat Snyder:hand:

Wow, now that's a bold statement. Will not... hmm. I stated should, there's still room for the unknown. You might as well say Snyder will not beat Wylie.

:thinking:

Trashman
10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I will say it...........SCHNEIDER WILL NOT BEAT WYLIE!:D

orange machine
10-13-2009, 06:04 PM
At the start of the year i thought Brownwood might win there district and make a deep run in the playoffs. Now i dont think they are gonna make out of there district. At the present time with all the injuries i dont see how they can get passed Graham or Snyder. I actually feel bad for the Lions this year.:(

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Brownwood is west of Early, north of Zepyhr, east of Bangs and south of Rising Star.

Rocket
10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
It took us 3 Quarters to find a sufficient QB that could throw the ball down the field. We finally found one that could get the ball to Shipley. We will be fine. Our running game will get better too. Wylie makes any team look horrible.

We can still beat Snyder and Graham. Wylie is a level above us and both Snyder and Graham and everybody in our district. Wylie will roll to state.

Rocket
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
At the start of the year i thought Brownwood might win there district and make a deep run in the playoffs. Now i dont think they are gonna make out of there district. At the present time with all the injuries i dont see how they can get passed Graham or Snyder. I actually feel bad for the Lions this year.:(

Isn't our record as good or better than Celina's?

Rocket
10-13-2009, 06:55 PM

We posted enough last week to last a year. We play Breckenridge this week. What do you expect? LOL We are taking a week off to get ready for Brownwood-Graham. People hate us when we post and hate us when we don't. Brownwood is the heart and soul of this board.

turbostud
10-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood is the heart and soul of this board.

More like smoke and mirrors.

Looking4number8
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I have been on all week checking the post, not really much for me to post to. Only a couple of Breck posters and they dont talk much smack or post lude pics so just not much to say. Only thing I know for sure is Wylie still sucks... Cant believe they gave so much cash to every Brownwood player, coach and fan. If they wanted the win bad enough to put out that kind of cash.. so be it... I am still drinking with the money ccmom gave to me!!!

Rocket
10-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
More like smoke and mirrors.

More like if we don't post it's a big YAWN.

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM
More like if we don't post it's a big YAWN.

The board changes every realignment year for obvious reasons. Right now our district might have the most total posters on the board. So ya'll have somebody to spare with, but after realignment ya'll might end up anywhere given your location. What are ya'll gonna do if you end up in a district that was virtually no posters?

95mustang
10-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The board changes every realignment year for obvious reasons. Right now our district might have the most total posters on the board. So ya'll have somebody to spare with, but after realignment ya'll might end up anywhere given your location. What are ya'll gonna do if you end up in a district that was virtually no posters?

There will still be smack talk. Brownwood should continue to play Wylie and hopefully Sweetwater wether it is in Distict or not. Which district around us has no posters? Every district around us has posters. They just may not be as lively as the current district we are in. 2-3A is definitely a lively bunch of posters and can talk smack with the best of them.

garciap77
10-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I have been on all week checking the post, not really much for me to post to. Only a couple of Breck posters and they dont talk much smack or post lude pics so just not much to say. Only thing I know for sure is Wylie still sucks... Cant believe they gave so much cash to every Brownwood player, coach and fan. If they wanted the win bad enough to put out that kind of cash.. so be it... I am still drinking with the money ccmom gave to me!!!

I was going to keep quiet, but since you insisted that, “Wylie Sucks”, I just could not let that go by! :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/L48drunk-dude-11.jpg
;)

It's OK L48! Things will get better. It was just one game! I think you found a QB and getting the ball to Shipley is the key to your success! Sorry Old Buddy!:)

95mustang
10-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I was going to keep quiet, but since you insisted that, “Wylie Sucks”, I just could not let that go by! :D

;)

It's OK L48! Things will get better. It was just one game! I think you found a QB and getting the ball to Shipley is the key to your success! Sorry Old Buddy!:)

WOW Garcia, No wonder people are no shows to the meet and greets you attend.

garciap77
10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
WOW Garcia, No wonder people are no shows to the meet and greets you attend.

They love it! I'll only posted if you ask for it! That's why you have not been posted! But, if you started then it's on!:D

;)

P.S. You haven't seen the ones L48 posted of me have you! LOL!

95mustang
10-13-2009, 08:56 PM
They love it! I'll only posted if you ask for it! That's why you have not been posted! But, if you started then it's on!:D

;)

P.S. You haven't seen the ones L48 posted of me have you! LOL!

Yes I have seen them. I for one will never start it because I am just not that good with a computer. :D

garciap77
10-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes I have seen them. I for one will never start it because I am just not that good with a computer. :D

Like Rocket says, "It's all in fun"!:D

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I will say it...........SCHNEIDER WILL NOT BEAT WYLIE!:D

they're not even going to beat Sweetwater, much less have a chance against Wylie

OldBison75
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
TO ALL BROWNWOOD POSTERS:

I started this thread because I missed your words of wisdom and wit this week after a full dose last week. I find your enthusiasm for your team to be refreshing and impressive. Most on the board would be crying in thier beer right now if thier team had gone through the season you guys have already had. I think by last count theinjuries to Brownwood football players is rivaling the National Debt.

I think I will be the bold one from afar and say that the Lions will only lose one more game this year and that will be in the playoffs.

95mustang
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM

I started this thread because I missed your words of wisdom and wit this week after a full dose last week. I find your enthusiasm for your team to be refreshing and impressive. Most on the board would be crying in thier beer right now if thier team had gone through the season you guys have already had. I think by last count theinjuries to Brownwood football players is rivaling the National Debt.

I think I will be the bold one from afar and say that the Lions will only lose one more game this year and that will be in the playoffs.

Well that just depends on Gilmer going DI or DII. If they go DI then we just might not lose another one at all. :D

garciap77
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM

Not a Brownwood poster, but :iagree:

95mustang
10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Like Rocket says, "It's all in fun"!:D

You are right it is all in fun. Notice I didn't say I wouldn't do it because I didn't want to. I wouldn't do it because I just haven't had enough time to figure it out yet. :D

garciap77
10-13-2009, 09:30 PM
You are right it is all in fun. Notice I didn't say I wouldn't do it because I didn't want to. I wouldn't do it because I just haven't had enought time to figure it out yet. :D

In time my friend!:D Is the QB position the only position that is not healthy? If so, you really don't need to have a great QB when you have Shipley. He made some incredible catches and our defenders were on him like glue!

95mustang
10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
In time my friend!:D Is the QB position the only position that is not healthy? If so, you really don't need to have a great QB when you have Shipley. He made some incredible catches and our defenders were on him like glue!

Right now yes. We did have to move one of our talented receivers to play quarterback though. With Shipley back now we should be okay.

Looking4number8
10-13-2009, 09:40 PM

;)

No problem Garcia, I would not have it any other way. In fact I think we should go ahead and start a Brownwood/Wylie 2010 game thread and see if we can break all record of record on views, post and degrading pictures!

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2009, 10:08 PM

Oh puh-leeze! Sweetwater was decimated by injuries in 2OO5. None of our posters made excuses and nobody cried. Our guys just sucked it up and played the game. Next thing you know, we are in the semis losing in Texas Stadium to the eventual state champs. Btw, the Shipley brothers couldn't carry the Carrillo brothers jock.

garciap77
10-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh puh-leeze! Sweetwater was decimated by injuries in 2OO5. None of our posters made excuses and nobody cried. Our guys just sucked it up and played the game. Next thing you know, we are in the semis losing in Texas Stadium to the eventual state champs. Btw, the Shipley brothers couldn't carry the Carrillo brothers jock.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM
No problem Garcia, I would not have it any other way. In fact I think we should go ahead and start a Brownwood/Wylie 2010 game thread and see if we can break all record of record on views, post and degrading pictures!

Cool, but this time let's just have nice pictures!

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just speaking the truth gp77. How many Sweetwater posters do you see crying and complaining because we are 1-5? Bring on Graham.

Looking4number8
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Cool, but this time let's just have nice pictures!

I dont think I have any of those?

95mustang
10-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Just speaking the truth gp77. How many Sweetwater posters do you see crying and complaining because we are 1-5? Bring on Graham.

Maybe not this week, but there has been in weeks prior. Brownwood is not the first team to have a huge number of injuries and we won't be the last. I have never complained about the injuries. I just know the potential of these young men when they are all healthy.

ccmom
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM

You're still drinking on THAT?
:confused:

Wow, RWB was right...you ARE a cheap drunk.:eek: ;)

Trashman
10-14-2009, 10:17 AM

Come on Red, there is only two SW posters on the board this year. :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Come on Red, there is only two SW posters on the board this year. :D

On the contrary, I'm a Sweetwater poster

Rocket
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM

LOL if you will notice, we didn't bring up excuses after losing to Wylie. Other people were making them for us. We also gave credit and I believe we said even if we had everybody healthy it wouldn't have mattered.

We are trying to show some class but you just won't let us.

ccmom
10-14-2009, 11:59 AM
LOL if you will notice, we didn't bring up excuses after losing to Wylie. Other people were making them for us. We also gave credit and I believe we said even if we had everybody healthy it wouldn't have mattered.

I will say, IMO the Brownwood posters have been quite gracious and realistic since the Lion's loss last Friday. I think you guys are also remaining optimistic, as you should. :)

LE Dad
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I will say, IMO the Brownwood posters have been quite gracious and realistic since the Lion's loss last Friday. I think you guys are also remaining optimistic, as you should. :) :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

injuredinmelee
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM

couldnt carry their jocks??? I love the Carrillo brothers but come on npw. Lets just look at the oldest two...

Jordan- DI football player. Projected 2nd round draft choice although he says he wont pursue pro football.

Michael- Hardin Simmons, now playing in Abilene on a SEMI PRO arena league team.

and the younger Carrillo isnt even playing football anymore.

garciap77
10-14-2009, 12:32 PM

:iagree:

hollywood
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
:clap: Nice post...and it was nice to meet you last Friday. Good luck to the Lions. :cheerl:

It's nice having friendly rivalry with some good people, isn't it?. It was nice meeting you as well. You all should be proud of your team as we are of ours. I really don't think Wylie will struggle with anyone until maybe late in December. Keep it rollin'.:thumbsup:

Now we have to focus on this week. I would hate to be a Buckaroo this Friday night.

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
In Texas.

garciap77
10-16-2009, 08:17 AM
It's nice having friendly rivalry with some good people, isn't it?. It was nice meeting you as well. You all should be proud of your team as we are of ours. I really don't think Wylie will struggle with anyone until maybe late in December. Keep it rollin'.:thumbsup:

Now we have to focus on this week. I would hate to be a Buckaroo this Friday night.

:iagree: