PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young vs. Kerry Collins

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Who should the 0-5 Tennessee Titans have as their starting QB?

I like Vince. He should be given the chance.

orange machine
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Vince needs to be a wide out and give up on qb.

marler1972
10-12-2009, 11:29 PM
vince will not be in the league for more than 3 more yrs

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by marler1972

As long as he does not flake out, Young will always be given a chance by some team who want his elusivness.

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by marler1972

Isn't this his contract year or am I early?

Booter11
10-13-2009, 01:14 AM
yall can say what yall want about vince but that guy is a winner... he will never have the best stats or anything like that but he is an experienced leader and knows how to win games

29-3aFAN
10-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Booter11
yall can say what yall want about vince but that guy is a winner... he will never have the best stats or anything like that but he is an experienced leader and knows how to win games
AMEN

BwdLions
10-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Isn't this his contract year or am I early?

I hope VY's contract is up soon. He needs a fresh start.

Rabbit'93
10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Experienced leader? Not on the pro level. The guy is a basket case. In college he made things happen because he was better han 95% of the players on the field. Not the case in the pros where a LB can run him down and DBs are better in coverage.

That being said...I hope he finds a way to start and improve.

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't follow the Titans so I have no idea why they can't win. The one game I watched against the Texans, offense was not the problem.
I'm not a VY fan but I do think the guy won enough games at the pro level to show he is capable of winning. Sometimes a team needs a change and at 0-5, it might be that time.

Eagle 1
10-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As long as he does not flake out, Young will always be given a chance by some team who want his elusivness.

The only elusivness Vince Young showed in the NFL was the day he disappeared and everybody on the team was looking for him.
Give it up. He was good in college because he was the big fish in a little pond. Now that he is in the pro's, he is just another fish in a big pond.
The only offense he might fit in is Miami's wildcat.

giddings4life88
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow, this guy only took over a struggling titans team in 2006 and made them contenders, he had comeback wins against the NYG (losing by 21 in the fourth), followed up by 2 more comeback wins against the colts and bills. Then to cap it off the memorable overtime run against houston. He won rookie of the year and was selected to the PROBOWL as a rookie qb, then in 2007 he only led the titans to the playoffs(something btw tony romo has a hard time doing). Now in 2008 he had 2 semi bad games and gets hurt, then followed the by whole suicide fiasco, enter kerry collins and the rest is history. An entire franchise turns it back on VY. He needs a new home that supports him, not hold him back. We all saw what ronnie brown can do with the wildcat last night, now imagine what vince can do with that system..just saying. He is a winner, he has a long track record of proving that, you just got to give him the chance. Now its speculated that the titans don't even want him to play at all (hence no wildcat) because he has an $11mill option year coming up, and the titans don't want the fans to see him succeed because they do not want to pay him that 11mill. If he doesn't get on the field, they can just drop him no questions asked.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
The only elusivness Vince Young showed in the NFL was the day he disappeared and everybody on the team was looking for him.
Give it up. He was good in college because he was the big fish in a little pond. Now that he is in the pro's, he is just another fish in a big pond.
The only offense he might fit in is Miami's wildcat.

A bitter Tech fan! HAHAHa jk man!

Eagle 1
10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
A bitter Tech fan! HAHAHa jk man!

Nah...just calling a duck a duck. ;)

Ex-Tiger2005
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
HAHAHA! I really dont know what vince needs! he seems to have no confidence in any throws. he has slowed down quite a bit! i think he needs a team change but i dont know where he could truly fit in! i wish him well tho!

venomous tat2
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM
HAHAHA! I really dont know what vince needs! he seems to have no confidence in any throws. he has slowed down quite a bit! i think he needs a team change but i dont know where he could truly fit in! i wish him well tho!

Hell , let him go to Jerrys world lol we could use some help then maybee Romo would get his act togather :clap:

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
He needs to go to a team that will be willing to change their offense a little in order for him to succeed and help them. The bottom line is the guy just needs a chance, somthing he obviously isnt getting in Tennessee. Hes just rotting away there and nobody believes in him because he had a couple bad games.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
He needs to go to a team that will be willing to change their offense a little in order for him to succeed and help them. The bottom line is the guy just needs a chance, somthing he obviously isnt getting in Tennessee. Hes just rotting away there and nobody believes in him because he had a couple bad games.

I think he needs a run-first team! So he can get his confidence back then start slinging it!

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I think he needs a run-first team! So he can get his confidence back then start slinging it!
:iagree:

jockcity33
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
He's played in 34 career games, has thrown 32 int's. and 22 TD's, with a passer rating average of 68.5.

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM

I disagree..that is what the Titans are..run first very conservative team. It means less options in the throwing game and it bunches up the D so he cant scramble. IMO he needs a team willing to put 3 and 4 Wrs on the field at all times..creates more throwing lanes AND running lanes for him.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Experienced leader? Not on the pro level. The guy is a basket case. In college he made things happen because he was better han 95% of the players on the field. Not the case in the pros where a LB can run him down and DBs are better in coverage.

That being said...I hope he finds a way to start and improve.
+1

themsu97
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
some guys have problems when they finally meet adversity... 99% of the time in high school and college VY was the best athlete on the field and that fact carried him... he is a great athlete...
but he never had to learn how to adjust... now in the pros there are a ton of guys just like him... he has to learn how to adjust... up until now he has not... maybe this year he has learned how... ask Michael Vick... film study and game preparation are a must... how does an unathletic Peyton Manning win and make things look easy? VY needs that work ethic off the field... then we will find out

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM

he knows how to win games when he is the best player on the field - in the NFL he ain't....

and he is a full-on flake so too late for that....

any guy not able to beat out a statue like Kerry Collins at QB must really suck....maybe Oakland will sign VY - that horrible QB they have may be the only recent QB in the league worse than VY so maybe he can beat him out....

gambler1606
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Vince Young is a system QB, and the system the Titans run doesn't fit his style. No!! I'm not a VY fan, but I sure enjoyed watching him when he was playing for Texas, except when they played Oklahoma. Vince Young should maybe go play in Canada, where he can MAYBE!! have a pro career again...

Footballhudini
10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
no doubt the titans would have at least one win at this point with vince starting. everyone's talking smack about favre coming back. collins is so old ..his social security number is ..2

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
collins is so old ..his social security number is ..2 good one.

not. :doh:

beastyboyz
10-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

... now in the pros there are a ton of guys just like him... he has to learn how to adjust... up until now he has not... maybe this year he has learned how... ask Michael Vick... film study and game preparation are a must... how does an unathletic Peyton Manning win and make things look easy? VY needs that work ethic off the field... then we will find out

Don't really think u can compare peyton and VY, both have too totally different playing style, peyton really has no choice but to do what he does, this makes up for his lacking in athleticism...peyton is just a beast!

Vy just needs a team that will let him be him, when u turned pro his team wanted to him to be more of a pocket presense, which he's not...he's a athlete, let him do wht he naturally does...I wouldn't mind seeing him with andre jonhson and steve slaton with gary kubiaks squad hmmmmm....

TheDOCTORdre
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT ATT YDS AVG TD

Collins 2 12 -7 16.7 15 0 1 4.9 3 -1 -0.3 0
Young 0 2 0 0.0 0 0 1 0.0 2 -1 -0.5 0

I dont think it matters who play QB based on todays performance

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
Vince Young is a system QB,
:1omg!: :1omg!: :1omg!: No way!

ivchris
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Vince if they want to win.

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
They should of put Vince in after Brady threw 5 TD's in the 2nd Qtr

Footballhudini
10-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Even my butt is sore from that whippin they done got served.

Eagle 1
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
He's played in 34 career games, has thrown 32 int's. and 22 TD's, with a passer rating average of 68.5.

Yes, those sound like true winner numbers to me.
Funny how nobody addressed the truth. :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 09:41 AM

The truth is the way they are playing right now, neither Kerry Collins or Vince Young gives the Titans a chance to win, the Titans just need to hand the ball to Chris Johnson right now

Booter11
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM

since when does a "true winner" have to have the best stats... winning is about the score at the end of the game and the record at the end of the season not the yards, tds, or ints in one game or season... rookie of the year, pro bowler, and led his team to the playoffs in his 2nd year... the guy wins games which at the end of the day is always more important than the numbers he puts up

Eagle 1
10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
since when does a "true winner" have to have the best stats... winning is about the score at the end of the game and the record at the end of the season not the yards, tds, or ints in one game or season... rookie of the year, pro bowler, and led his team to the playoffs in his 2nd year... the guy wins games which at the end of the day is always more important than the numbers he puts up

Well in that case get on the phone and call Jeff Fisher.
I'm sure he will agree with you.;)

Here's a nice video I posted a while back, but I'll bring it back to the table.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8116c009/What-to-do-with-Vince)

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
they done got served. lol