PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Prosper (5-1) @ Celina (4-2)

charlesrixey
10-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Celina's most wanted revenge-Prosper's urgent call to action

How good are Celina, Prosper and Argyle?

We are about to find out

waterboy
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Give me Celina by 10. I think the Bobcats will get their revenge this year...... It may be a little different against Argyle, though. When is that Argyle game?

WildTexan972
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
week 10 is Celina - Argyle....

waterboy
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll bet it'll be for the district championship, too. Take care of Prosper and I believe that Argyle game will be for all the marbles.......so to speak.

firstdown
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking of going to this game instead of the Argyle - Whitesboro game.

I have all my OSU orange to wear. :D

What are the chances of getting a seat?
Isn't this the Celina homecoming game?

I think it's a low scoring affair. Defensive struggle much like our game with the peagles.

coachkiss
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
There are temporary stands that have been in since Whitehouse, so seating shouldn't be a huge issue.

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I'm thinking of going to this game instead of the Argyle - Whitesboro game.

I have all my OSU orange to wear. :D

What are the chances of getting a seat?
Isn't this the Celina homecoming game?

I think it's a low scoring affair. Defensive struggle much like our game with the peagles.

Come on down FirstDown, we'd be more than happy to have you, even with that OSU orange!! :D Come early though if you want to get a good seat. I understand they brought in extra seating, but this game is gonna be a hot-ticket item this week, so get there early and come mingle with some of us Bobcats!

gobbler grad
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Bobcats roll in this one...by 14 at least:thinking:

coachkiss
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Don't forget the homecoming tailgate party starting at 4:30 and rolling to 7. It will be a good one. North Texas Custom Plumbing, Rasor Insurance Agency, and myself are providing the meat. Bring a side dish, drinks, and a dessert.

Shuttle service to the game as well. Park at Rasor Insurance agency.

orange machine
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
For what it is worth my brother in-law lives in Prosper and has kids that are in high school there and he said today that they think that they have already won the game and that Celina is not very good. I hope they think that because they will believe in the orange and white by the time the game is over.

Keith7
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Don't forget about Gainesville in that district.. They've been a sleeping giant for years and it looks like they might be waking up

orange machine
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Don't forget about Gainesville in that district.. They've been a sleeping giant for years and it looks like they might be waking up

Not trying to talk bad about Whitesboro, but they almost lost to Whitesboro who is not very good. Myprediction for district is

Celina
Argyle
Prosper
Sanger
Gainsville
Whitesboro

Keith7
10-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Not trying to talk bad about Whitesboro, but they almost lost to Whitesboro who is not very good. Myprediction for district is

Celina
Argyle
Prosper
Sanger
Gainsville
Whitesboro

They played on a muddy field which doesn't bode well for Gainesville's strengths.. Celina lost to TCA, that should tell you something right there..

I'm saying:
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Celina
Sanger
Whitesboro

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd put TCA up against anybody in 9-3A and in Region2 for that matter, if they don't win it all in their respective division, I'd be very shocked. I'm not one to give credit to TAPPS teams, but TCA has a lot of talent. They'd handle the Leopards pretty easily.

orange machine
10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
They played on a muddy field which doesn't bode well for Gainesville's strengths.. Celina lost to TCA, that should tell you something right there..

I'm saying:
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Celina
Sanger
Whitesboro

Are you freakin kidding me? TCA would kill Gainsville.

NTFan
10-12-2009, 07:38 PM

I'm saying:
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Celina
Sanger
Whitesboro

Keith7, I heard that the Franklin kid tore his ACL and is more than likely out for the rest of the season. I hope this isn't the case. I actually heard it was the Running Back, but I think that is the Franklin kid. Is this true?

Keith7
10-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by NTFan
Keith7, I heard that the Franklin kid tore his ACL and is more than likely out for the rest of the season. I hope this isn't the case. I actually heard it was the Running Back, but I think that is the Franklin kid. Is this true?

I know he missed the second half with a "knee injury" so that could very well be the case.. I haven't heard anything past that.. I'll ask my sources if they have any further news on him.. Hopefully it isn't a torn ACL, that would kill this Gainesville team

orange machine
10-12-2009, 08:58 PM

I'm saying:
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Celina
Sanger
Whitesboro

You truly are a nut if you think that Gainsville is gonna make the playoffs this year. They may be having a great year to your standards, but get real. Argyle, Celina and Prosper are all in a different league right now than Gainsville.

eagle12
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
i agree, no way gainesville makes the playoffs. They do have alot of talent, but they can never really put it together

orange machine
10-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I think the key to a Celina victory lies on the defense. I think the offense will move the ball some, but it comes down to Celina defense making tackles.

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I think the key to a Celina victory lies on the defense. I think the offense will move the ball some, but it comes down to Celina defense making tackles.

Agreed. I heard the boys looked awfully good today at practice and seemed to be excited and fired up. On a monday, that's good! Man I cannot wait until Friday!!

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure most of you guys know about this, but for anyone who doesn't, go to this link and vote for the Celina-Prosper game!!!

Rock the Vote! (http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests)

marler1972
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Noy only am I ready for the game Friday, but I am ready for the 7th grade game on thursday.

orange machine
10-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Lets hear some predictions.

Celina 21
Prosper 17

PHOP
10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
For what it is worth my brother in-law lives in Prosper and has kids that are in high school there and he said today that they think that they have already won the game and that Celina is not very good. I hope they think that because they will believe in the orange and white by the time the game is over.

LOL

Just trying to stir things up and provide bulletin board fodder eh? Prosper is taking Celina very serious – if anything that should have the Bobcats concerned.
Don’t know who your Bro in law is orange machine but he’s talking out of his behind or maybe he is playing ya. Dunno maybe just wishful thinking on your behalf…
:p

Old&Crusty
10-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Prosper really wants to prove last year was not a fluke and are tired of being the Bobcat's whipping boy. They plan on shucking off their long losing streak against the Bobcat's in front of the homecoming crowd. I expect smash mouth, in your face, aggressive play from the defending state champs. Their rich, bigger, and want to crush Celina under their heels.

The Bobcat's better be fired way up for this one!

GO BOBCAT'S!!!

hollywood
10-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Game is @ Celina. Hard to pick against them at home. Should be a close one but you never know.

Celina by 10.

eagle-one
10-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Fox 4 game of the week. Prosper @ Celina 1,976 votes for 44%,
Lake Highlands @ Richardson 1,300 votes for 29% is the closest game to us. Keep up the voting.

P.S. Prosper 17- Celina 13

RPF2666
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
It's gonna take more than 17 points to beat Celina this week, or any other week for that matter...JMO

OldBison75
10-13-2009, 09:49 AM
This is probably one of the most interesting games on the 3A schedule statewide this week. Celina is, well Celina, and will be ready to try and sweep this district. They have a score to settle and that makes them even more dangerous.

Prosper is the defending State Champion and after last week needs to make a big win happen to solidify thier playoff intentions. Prosper has a good enough defense to hold down Celina if they are at the top of thier game.

Just some thoughts:
Celina has enough offense to play with anyone.
Prosper has the type defense that can take control.
Celina has homecoming and home field.
Prosper has to prove they can bounce back.
Celina needs revenge for last year.
Prosper needs to win this week.
Celina hates Prosper.
Prosper hates Celina.

Two teams, two towns, both on a mission to make the playoff, both expected to make the playoffs, and both damned good teams.

Until last week, I would have picked Prosper without a doubt and I still think they will win, but they can't make even one turnover and expect Celina not to capitalize. My prediction Prosper 21 Celina 20.

orangeblooded
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Goodness I'm pumped for this game. I've had this circled on my calender since August. I'm coming down for my first Celina game, all the way from Bolivar, Missouri. I'm not an expert on these two teams but I've followed Celina very closely the last 3 seasons and I want the Bobcats to get some revenge for last year.

I see this as a defensive struggle but, for me, the key for Celina to win this game is to actually finish drives. None of this, driving into the redzone and not scoring or turning the ball over. No points left off the scoreboard on Friday. I sure hope Butch has the boys prepared for this one (I'm sure he does because he's a heck of a coach). We need a big game from Caleb defensively.

Friday can't come soon enough.

d0tc0m
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by orangeblooded
Goodness I'm pumped for this game. I've had this circled on my calender since August. I'm coming down for my first Celina game, all the way from Bolivar, Missouri. I'm not an expert on these two teams but I've followed Celina very closely the last 3 seasons and I want the Bobcats to get some revenge for last year.

I see this as a defensive struggle but, for me, the key for Celina to win this game is to actually finish drives. None of this, driving into the redzone and not scoring or turning the ball over. No points left off the scoreboard on Friday. I sure hope Butch has the boys prepared for this one (I'm sure he does because he's a heck of a coach). We need a big game from Caleb defensively.

Friday can't come soon enough.

There he is. Orangeblooded is my buddy I was talking about who's gonna get to experience his first Texas HS Football! Like he said, this one's been on the calendar for a while. I think you hit it on the head though, these defenses are gonna be knocking the piss out of each other all night long. If Celina can minimize those stupid, drive-killing, penalties and maintain those clock draining drives and come away with touchdowns when they get in the redzone, then we win. Obviously it's not as easy to execute as it is to write, but I'm sure the coaches will have em prepared. A buddy of mine said they looked really good in practice! The weather looks perfect for Friday, and I'm literally worthless up here in Fayetteville, I can't get my mind on anything except football. Dear Lord please let Friday get here fast!!

orangeblooded
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I worked through the weekend to take off Thursday/Friday. But I haven't gotten a dang thing done today though because I can't get my mind off the Celina/Prosper game.

Glad to hear they're looking good in practice. I can only hope they can avoid homecoming distractions this week in preparation for this game. The weather is terrible up here right now and I was worried about it in TX on Friday but glad to hear its gonna be a beautiful day in the Promised Land.

If I'm this excited to watch the game, I can't imagine how those kids and coaches feel to be apart of the game.

d0tc0m
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah the weather is terrible here too... very cold and very rainy. My mom said it's pretty nasty down in the Promised Land too, but the weather on Friday is literally perfect. I'm sure the coaches are keeping them pretty grounded this week, and not letting them get too distracted. What time are you guys rolling into Fayetteville on thursday?

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
so many threads keep saying "Prosper has to win this game"....which is incorrect....even if they lose here and win out they are in the playoffs and go D1....this game is only pivotal to Prosper due to the "hated enemy" aspect of the game....

as for seats and the added bleachers....oh come on....those bleachers will ALL be packed an hour before kickoff and you know it....and I'm bettin we again have school administrators and cops wandering the Celina stands to remove any green from the seats like they did against Wakeland 2 years ago.....the crowd for the game in Prosper was bigger than any game has been in Celina, so if most of those greenies show up this week it will be quite a scene, and the parking will be short.....

even the Celina kids goin to Tech are coming back to town for this one.....you 2 Andies need to drive safe....

ssgmp5150
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
This should be an epic battle! I think Prosper's defense is a little better than Celina's offense. However, Celina's defense is probably a little better than Prosper's offense. So, this one is tough to call. I watched Celina scrimmage Lovejoy at the very beginning of the year and thought they looked a little down compared to their previous teams/standards. I have seen Prosper play and they are good! Argyle must really be good to have beaten them. This is an incredible district! Argyle, Prosper, Celina, and even Gainesville perhaps...In any other district, the bottom teams such as Gainseville and Sanger would make the playoff's and more than likely be the district champs. Sure does make for some awesome football during the regular season though! Here are my top ten thoughts on the game...

1. It will be a low scoring game
2. Whichever team can contribute to a score defensively or on special teams wins this game.
3. Offense-goes to Celina
4. Defense-goes to Prosper
5. Revenge-Celina
6. Must win game-Prosper
7. Coaching-even
8. Depth-Prosper
9. SOS-Celina
10. Kicker-Prosper

This game may go into overtime and the kicker may win this game for either team. Therefore, I give the edge to Prosper let's say 17-14 in OT!

orangeblooded
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Ty won't be out of class til 2. We'll hit Bentonville Walmart traffic but try to be there by 5 or 5:30. I sent that message to Butch today, hopefully he checks it before the game but even if he doesn't it will be waiting for him.

I woke up thinking today was Wednesday then was extremely depressed when I found out its Tuesday. This week is going so slow. Friday literally can't come soon enough.

marler1972
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
This should be an epic battle! I think Prosper's defense is a little better than Celina's offense. However, Celina's defense is probably a little better than Prosper's offense. So, this one is tough to call. I watched Celina scrimmage Lovejoy at the very beginning of the year and thought they looked a little down compared to their previous teams/standards. I have seen Prosper play and they are good! Argyle must really be good to have beaten them. This is an incredible district! Argyle, Prosper, Celina, and even Gainesville perhaps...In any other district, the bottom teams such as Gainseville and Sanger would make the playoff's and more than likely be the district champs. Sure does make for some awesome football during the regular season though! Here are my top ten thoughts on the game...

1. It will be a low scoring game
2. Whichever team can contribute to a score defensively or on special teams wins this game.
3. Offense-goes to Celina
4. Defense-goes to Prosper
5. Revenge-Celina
6. Must win game-Prosper
7. Coaching-even
8. Depth-Prosper
9. SOS-Celina
10. Kicker-Prosper

This game may go into overtime and the kicker may win this game for either team. Therefore, I give the edge to Prosper let's say 17-14 in OT!

Celina actually has a good kicker if you have not heard.

orangeblooded
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Do you guys think Prosper losing last week is bad for Celina?

I know typically in sports, especially when I played, when a good team gets beat unexpectedly then they are more focused and prepared to beat the next team they play no matter who it is. Will Prosper be more focused than they originally would be for this game or does last week's loss not matter? I'm just curious to see your thoughts on that factor.

hollywood
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Doesn't matter. Game will be in Celina. Celina wins in respectable fashion.

RPF2666
10-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Do you guys think Prosper losing last week is bad for Celina?

I know typically in sports, especially when I played, when a good team gets beat unexpectedly then they are more focused and prepared to beat the next team they play no matter who it is. Will Prosper be more focused than they originally would be for this game or does last week's loss not matter? I'm just curious to see your thoughts on that factor.

Shouldn't matter what happened last week, last year...both sides have been thinking about it for a year...

d0tc0m
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah I agree. I don't think there's anything Prosper could have done that would make Celina more or less focused and fired up for this one. Everybody in Orange wants the universe to get back to the way it's supposed to, where Prosper is our redheaded step child. Now it's fun though because Prosper is making it competitive. The atmosphere at this game is going to be awesome to say the least. I cannot wait!:D

orange machine
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I know for a fact that the boys are tuned in for this game and the focus is totally on the game friday night. They will not be distracted this week or any other week from here on out. Its district and the playoffs are almost here and everybody knows when Celina starts smelling the playoffs they are one tough team to beat.

orange machine
10-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
LOL

Just trying to stir things up and provide bulletin board fodder eh? Prosper is taking Celina very serious – if anything that should have the Bobcats concerned.
Don’t know who your Bro in law is orange machine but he’s talking out of his behind or maybe he is playing ya. Dunno maybe just wishful thinking on your behalf…
:p

Hey thats what he said i have no reason not to believe him. If Prosper over looks Celina like Celina did Prosper last year then it could get ugly.

ssgmp5150
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I do think the loss Prosper suffered does give them a renewed sense of focus and urgency. I think that will only help them. So, a cocky or "confident" Prosper team is not walking into the Lions den in Celina thinking it is going to be a repeat of last year. I think they come in and play for their playoff lives and that will only help them. I look for Prosper to pull out all the stops in this one. Trick plays, onside kicks, going for it on fourth down, etc...You name it....Prosper will throw everything at the Bobcats to include the kitchen sink! The Bobcats are gonna be fired up too! District play has started and they might just be hitting their stride gearing up for the playoff's. They have revenge on their mind and want to not only win, but demoralize the Eagles and send their program back a few years with a dominating win! I don't see either team dominating each other. A turnover or crucial drive killing penalty will determine this game. Field position will be crucial. Neither team I think will be able to drive the length of the field too many times against one another's defenses. So, a lucky break or one big play is all it might take! Again, I have to give the edge to Prosper I think. The atmosphere should be electric and it definately should be the game of the week!

orangeblooded
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd like to be in that locker room for the pregame speech on Friday. That place is going to be rocking! I'm so fired up for this one!

orange machine
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
For whatever reason i cant remember, but Prosper does not run the spread do they or atleast not much spread?

eagle-one
10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey thats what he said i have no reason not to believe him. If Prosper over looks Celina like Celina did Prosper last year then it could get ugly.

Celina did not over look Prosper last year, that is just an excuse. Prosper was just the better team on both sides of the ball last year.

charlesrixey
10-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I do think the loss Prosper suffered does give them a renewed sense of focus and urgency. I think that will only help them. So, a cocky or "confident" Prosper team is not walking into the Lions den in Celina thinking it is going to be a repeat of last year. I think they come in and play for their playoff lives and that will only help them. I look for Prosper to pull out all the stops in this one. Trick plays, onside kicks, going for it on fourth down, etc...You name it....Prosper will throw everything at the Bobcats to include the kitchen sink! The Bobcats are gonna be fired up too! District play has started and they might just be hitting their stride gearing up for the playoff's. They have revenge on their mind and want to not only win, but demoralize the Eagles and send their program back a few years with a dominating win! I don't see either team dominating each other. A turnover or crucial drive killing penalty will determine this game. Field position will be crucial. Neither team I think will be able to drive the length of the field too many times against one another's defenses. So, a lucky break or one big play is all it might take! Again, I have to give the edge to Prosper I think. The atmosphere should be electric and it definately should be the game of the week!

lol

Prosper will be D1 and in the playoffs regardless of how this game plays out. They are still one of the top 4 teams in the region. So "playing for their playoff lives" is a little dramatic. Celina has more to play for since their seeding in the playoffs could actually change. Gainesville, Sanger and Whitesboro will not be in the playoffs

Keith7
10-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Gainesville, Sanger and Whitesboro will not be in the playoffs

someone's a little cocky

orange machine
10-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by eagle-one
Celina did not over look Prosper last year, that is just an excuse. Prosper was just the better team on both sides of the ball last year.

Not saying that Prosper was not good or anything, but when you have beat a team for 25 straight years eventually that team is gonna get better and sneak up on you. Prosper was really good last year, but yes Celina over looked yall and paid the price for it. Im not saying that if Celina was 100% focused that they would have won, but the game would not have been so one sided.

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 06:00 PM
someone's a little cocky

surely even you are not so dense as to think any of those 3 could beat Celina or Prosper are you?

Argyle is already in no matter what....worst they could be from here is 5-1 in district....

Whitesboro is not as good this year as the last few years....Celina pretty much showed the game plan for any team playing Sanger....

and Gainesville is not NEAR what they used to be....the seeding in the D2 bracket is in play and the only other race in the district is who will be 4th.....

orange machine
10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Really i think the big question is who is gonna come in 1st in the district. I think Celina, Argyle and Prosper are a lock for the playoffs the only other team that has a outside shot it Sanger and they lost a big portion of that shot last week.

ssgmp5150
10-13-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't think anything is a given yet in this district. It is one tough district. Grades, injuries, etc can affect a team. Grade reports just recently came out. Hopefully nobody was impacted severely by grades. However, the swine flu is hitting schools pretty hard. So, you never know at this point. Gainesville could sneek up on somebody. Maybe even Sanger. I doubt it. I am pretty sure the top three are Celina, Prosper and Argyle. The only question being what order they finish in, but you never know. So, that is why I am thinking Prosper will play as if their season depended upon it simply based on the fear of the unknown. I am sure they would like to get a win and solidify their playoff chances as early as possible in the season. Either way, it should be an awesome game and deserves the game of the week.

garciap77
10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I like both teams, but I think Prosper takes this one in a close one!

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
the Nike folks are in town connected with this game....I reckon they are down in green town as well....

that clearly means they expect Celina to win....

and beat whatever Region 1 team makes it to the semi's.....

yep....that is what it means....

that is known as my Rocket's Theory on Nike's View of a Weak Region 1

d0tc0m
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
LOL :clap:

orange machine
10-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Wednesday dang this week is going so slow.

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes it is. And I have a huge exam over Invasion of Privacy and Copyright Laws in my way of the Friday Night Lights.... I wish it were Friday.

BILLYFRED0000
10-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Practice looked good again on tuesday. I will not prognosticate this one. Prosper lost their O line and qb to graduation and I knew they were less than last year. I just do not know how to quantify Argyle. I believe the type of O Prosper runs gives our D an advantage. I do not know how well we will match up against their D. Just have to wait and see.

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I picked Celina

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
If our O line is firing off the ball and giving our RBs some space to run in, then we'll be able to move the ball on them, and it'll open up those PA passes in the flats that we run so well. Gotta keep Prosper's defense on the field and wear em down, because if they stay fresh, they'll be hard to beat.

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Go to Fox and vote for this game to be televised. Right now the voting is in favor of Celina-Prosper game, but we need more votes. Paste this in the address bar if the link doen't work and vote.

http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests

Thanks

RPF2666
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
It only wants to let each computer vote one time, but if you delete your cookies after each vote, you can vote as many times as you want...

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
It only wants to let each computer vote one time, but if you delete your cookies after each vote, you can vote as many times as you want...

I hate it when my cookies are deleted!:cool: :cool:

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Why the hell is colleyville heritage vs LD Bell even up for big game of the week? That game's not near as big as Celina-Prosper, none of the others up for voting are for that matter.

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Vote early and vote often!

RPF2666
10-14-2009, 02:33 PM
It's a dead heat right now...

BILLYFRED0000
10-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Those colleyville folks are killin us now. We need some help if we are going to get this one on.

orange machine
10-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I work till 3am today do ill vote 500 times

TuckA4
10-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I haven't seen Prosper or Celina play this year. I know the Prosper OC from the state championship team left last spring. Does anyone know what Prosper runs offensively and who the OC is?

orange machine
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Ok i have voted about 300 times now over and over so some other folks need to sit there and vote for a while. We have moved up 1% since i have started. Hopfully the folks from LD Bell and Colleyville will go to bed.

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks like we are down about 1,000 votes. We need help!

orange machine
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Anybody know where i can find some Prosper pics from this years team? I have looked high and low and cant seem to find any.

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Anybody know where i can find some Prosper pics from this years team? I have looked high and low and cant seem to find any.

There is 4 pictures of the Prosper - Farmersville game on the Dallal news web page.
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/school.html?propertyId=1&schoolId=755

OldNavy
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Go to Fox and vote for this game to be televised. Right now the voting is in favor of Celina-Prosper game, but we need more votes. Paste this in the address bar if the link doen't work and vote.

http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests

Thanks

It looks like every one in both Prosper and Celina have voted and we are still 1200 votes behind.

orange machine
10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
oh well

orange machine
10-14-2009, 08:17 PM
The more i look at it i dont think we can catch up. We need them to stop and we need a few folks posting for a couple of hrs, then you have to worry about tomarrow and them jumping back up again. I think its a lost cause, but a good try.

NTFan
10-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Nike 5 days to Friday in Celina:

http://www.maxpreps.com/fanpages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-2DA9D7BE-0CE1-4E15-B013-580BB160B9F4

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
WOW!!!!!:eek: This is a really close poll. I guess we can tell who has more poster on the dl.

d0tc0m
10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
It is a close poll. Symbolic of how the game will play out. Hopefully with the Bobcats winning in that too!!

orange machine
10-15-2009, 12:35 AM
It looks like every one in both Prosper and Celina have voted and we are still 1200 votes behind.

Not anymore celina prosper is on top again.

d0tc0m
10-15-2009, 12:36 AM
I can't stay up and vote any longer. You guys keep up the good work!

orange machine
10-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I can't stay up and vote any longer. You guys keep up the good work!

Yeah im about voted out myself.

ctown
10-15-2009, 01:08 AM
FOR THE FOX HILITE GAME POLL---Delete your cookies and then go into tools-->internet options--> Privacy---> advanced then override cookies to block for now. You can vote over and over and not have to delete cookies every time. Also. when you vote, it takes you to the result screen--just hit the back button and you can double clik the number blank, match the current view and click the vote button---done over and over....

PHOP
10-15-2009, 07:42 AM
[B]There is 4 pictures of the Prosper - Farmersville game on the Dallal news web page.
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/school.html?propertyId=1&schoolId=755

try this

http://mysportsphotographer.exposuremanager.com/scripts/expman.pl?rm=overview_gallery&dir=galleries/22 (http://http://mysportsphotographer.exposuremanager.com/scripts/expman.pl?rm=overview_gallery&dir=galleries/22)

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
I just voted like 30 times. I will check back later in the day and try to vote some more.

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I can't believe the votes. Geez...Colleyville Heritage vs. L.D. Bell?????? The votes are so close it is not even funny! The game of the week without question is the Celina vs Prosper game! They will have double the attendance that Heritage and Bell will! Give me a break!

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
It won't let me vote anymore. I keep putting the code in and it says it is the wrong code????

ctown
10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
It won't let me vote anymore. I keep putting the code in and it says it is the wrong code????

Yeah, they changed something cause I can't move through it and vote like I did before.

This process will be terribly slanted to big city schools. I am surprised we have made it close but it will be a miracle if Prosper Celina wins that poll. they need to let schools submit a written request and judge them each week. They just don't want to have to choose it.

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Somebody from colleyville or L.D. Bell done went off and hacked into the computer and rigged it! lol It is fixed I tell ya!

BILLYFRED0000
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
It was still working for me. Just back space enter the new number and vote again with cookies overriden.

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Yep I was doing that for quite some time then it changed all of a sudden. The fonts changed on the number you type in and now it says any number I type in is invalid. It has been rigged I tell ya! Meanwhile Colleyville game keeps climbing ahead!

d0tc0m
10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Well I say let them have that crappy game of the week. If they go with that, it's a poor choice for Fox. This game is going to be WAAAAAY bigger than any of those others. And it'll be a great game regardless if we win that vote or not. Man I am so pumped, I just can't wait! I'm headed for the Promised Land in about 3 1/2 hours!!

orangeblooded
10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm about to head out in an hour on the 466 mile trek to Celina. This game is gonna be a classic! See ya in a few hours d0tc0m

d0tc0m
10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I can't wait man. I'm about to watch Tashard's speech to get me pumped to dominate this Invasion of Privacy/Copyright Infringement test! Much in the same way that I hope Celina dominates prosper!

BILLYFRED0000
10-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm about to head out in an hour on the 466 mile trek to Celina. This game is gonna be a classic! See ya in a few hours d0tc0m

travel safe brother. We will be leavin the light on for ya.

ssgmp5150
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Well it looks like Colleyville Heritage and L.D. Bell is gonna be the game of the week. I have been voting all day long and I don't hold a candle to the number of votes flying in for them! I still say this vote is rigged! What a lame game for the game of the week...Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. If you want it to be the game of the week, Celina and Prosper fans are gonna have to vote like crazy tonight!

d0tc0m
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Alright well Orangeblooded just got here, so we're on our way to the Promised Land. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Come find us, we'll be the ragtag group up at the top of the bleachers, standing and causing a fuss all game. Also, we'll have a guy who's about 9 feet tall up there with us, so ya'll come say hi. Can't wait fellas!! It's Celina-Prosper!!!

N4SIR
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I haven't seen Prosper play but I did watch Celina play Daingerfield and they didn't look very good to me in that game.

CHS_89
10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
How's Prosper's passing game? I think they will have to be able to pass on Celina to win the game. Otherwise, we will stack the line to shut down the run. I think Prosper's D is for real. Celina must not turnover the ball. If Celina finishes their drives like they're supposed to do, I don't think Prosper has the offense to go toe to toe with Celina. Good luck both teams!!

BobcatBenny
10-15-2009, 10:36 PM
OK ... who is voting for Prosper?

Go Bobcats!

charlesrixey
10-16-2009, 06:43 AM
It's official:

Prosper is #13 and Celina is #14

This will be a good one!

OrangeChamps
10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Good luck to both teams.

Going to be a lot of fun tonight. Get there early if you want a seat or a decent spot on the fence for that matter.

Everyone have a safe trip. See ya'll there.

thelegend02
10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Prosper by 3

kobe24
10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Practice looked good again on tuesday. I will not prognosticate this one. Prosper lost their O line and qb to graduation and I knew they were less than last year. I just do not know how to quantify Argyle. I believe the type of O Prosper runs gives our D an advantage. I do not know how well we will match up against their D. Just have to wait and see.

Dont forget they also lost Alexander#4, Neely#6, and peterson#11..all 3 men started in the secondary and had a total of about 30 ints between them..oh they also were the top 3 leading receivers on the team. They also had a RB named Monroe#5 who rushed for over 1400 yards...add that with nix and the oline, but this years team is really good too but i don't think anywhere near last years team..Prosper -21 Celina-14

PHOP
10-16-2009, 10:51 AM
This is going to be a fun night.

Prosper wins this in a very close game - Defensive battle low scoring less than 20 pts each- say 18-14 Prosper.

Anyone know when the do the gates open?

Best of luck to both teams - What a blessing it is to live in this area of N. Texas.

BILLYFRED0000
10-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
This is going to be a fun night.

Prosper wins this in a very close game - Defensive battle low scoring less than 20 pts each- say 18-14 Prosper.

Anyone know when the do the gates open?

Best of luck to both teams - What a blessing it is to live in this area of N. Texas.

I am guessing about 6 but who knows. I will be there early as I spect this to be crowded. Should be a good game. But as to score I will not yet prognosticate. Have not seen Prosper yet and the only team they played that has any status they lost to in a close one. Don't know if Argyle had great d or Prosper had sloppy O. Have not seen either. So let's just say it ought to be a game but I do not have a clue as to what will happen.

TuckA4
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM
What does prosper run on offense this year and who is the new oc?

Pendragon13
10-16-2009, 01:55 PM
After watching Prosper beat a very good Wylie team in double OT during last years semi.....I have to go with Prosper. I don't know how many players returned this year, but I imagine they returned quite a few.

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 02:09 PM
:clap: :clap: Good luck to both teams:D

Balcones fault
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Its evolved into a great game. Kudos to Prosper for bringing up their program to new levels and also to Celina for continuing excellence. All the best to both teams and here's hoping for a well-played, well-coached, well-officiated game with no injuries.

Travel safe, yall.

BobcatBenny
10-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
Its evolved into a great game. Kudos to Prosper for bringing up their program to new levels and also to Celina for continuing excellence. All the best to both teams and here's hoping for a well-played, well-coached, well-officiated game with no injuries.

Travel safe, yall.
Agreed.

But I still want Prosper and its fans to leave with the majority of the PAIN. :D

PHOP
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
When I found out that this years game was to be held in Celina I could not believe it. I had major doubts that that Bobcat Stadium could handle the crowds. You know I was wrong! Hats off the Celina Principle and his leadership- I even saw him at the entrance ensuring it was a positive experience for all; oh yeah he was also crowd control. Kudos to CISD; you hosted a major event very well...sure you don't hear it enough...Thanks

Coach Ford and team best of luck for the rest of the season.

I echo Coach Scott's sentiments from the Dallas Morning News “Good Night to be an Eagle” - Good Night to be an Eagle Fan/Parent.