PDA

View Full Version : Goliad 0-10

G Tiger
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Unless the coach does something drastic Goliad is 0-10 for the season

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I thought the QB was suppose to be good. What's the problem other than the coach?

Blue42
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by G Tiger
Unless the coach does something drastic Goliad is 0-10 for the season
Goliad will always have trouble when you have 1 school for the whole county and some kids have to travel 25 miles to get to school it makes it hard to participate for some on a budget. hopefully they will drop to 2A and have a better shot at competing.On another note have you seen there new indoor sports complex looked huge when they were building it.The oil and GAS industry has been good to them.

G Tiger
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
The q back is the coachs son he is just a 10th grader. no experience

big daddy russ
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Hate to see ya'll down. Hopefully, getting that young QB and a few other young 'uns in there will pay off in a year or two.

fumanchu
10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
something drastic? That's rich- nothing like changing an offense or defense in the middle of the year to make you much worse. I also don't think the QB is the problem. I think it is more senior leadership, or lack thereof.

underware
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Goliad will be in it in no time. I always look forward to watching them play. Good luck Tigers.

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I played for the tigers back in the 90's. They don't play the best players trust me. I went through a bad time and didn't get to play my junior and senior yr. It had to do with the coaches not letting us play cause we were from a little town called berclair. It was a big street fight between my young buddies and some kids from goliad. The coaches actually asked the kids from goliad if we could play and they said no. So yeah I hope Goliad never wins a game, cause I will never get that time back.:mad: . My cousin is actually a a seconf string quarter back, last name is flores. from what I heard he is way better that the starter, but oh well Goliad is gonna be goliad.

When I was going to school and playing ball there we never heard about going to the playoffs and state and all that stuff. It was just football season the 10 games and that was it, like they new we would never make it. That program will never change.

Ranger Mom
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by sinton3055
I played for the tigers back in the 90's. They don't play the best players trust me. I went through a bad time and didn't get to play my junior and senior yr. It had to do with the coaches not letting us play cause we were from a little town called berclair. It was a big street fight between my young buddies and some kids from goliad. The coaches actually asked the kids from goliad if we could play and they said no. So yeah I hope Goliad never wins a game, cause I will never get that time back.:mad: . My cousin is actually a a seconf string quarter back, last name is flores. from what I heard he is way better that the starter, but oh well Goliad is gonna be goliad.

When I was going to school and playing ball there we never heard about going to the playoffs and state and all that stuff. It was just football season the 10 games and that was it, like they new we would never make it. That program will never change.

WOW!!:eek:

If it is still like that...that is REALLY sad!!!

pirate4state
10-14-2009, 10:04 AM

When I was going to school and playing ball there we never heard about going to the playoffs and state and all that stuff. It was just football season the 10 games and that was it, like they new we would never make it. That program will never change. you should have moved to Sinton sooner! :D

That sucks. When we played against Goliad this year, I thought they showed a lot of promise and the qb played well.

fumanchu
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I doubt it is the same staff from back then but who knows- ALso there is no QB last name Flores- the b.u. is the rb -Siple(sp) Is he a jv backup QB?

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Its very sad, I only stop by to put gas in goliad lol. Go pirates:)

Maroon87
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I remember back in '94 Goliad had a really good RB named Elton Perry. I watched him tear up Aransas Pass that year. Anyone from Goliad know whatever happened to him?

99IHSMustang
10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I remember back in '94 Goliad had a really good RB named Elton Perry. I watched him tear up Aransas Pass that year. Anyone from Goliad know whatever happened to him?

Werent there two Perry's, maybe brothers, that were good that year? :thinking:

ol country boy
10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

When did you go to school there? What part of the 90's?

ol country boy
10-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Werent there two Perry's, maybe brothers, that were good that year? :thinking:

you might be thinking of the Steptoe's.

ol country boy
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Kyle Taylor did a heck of a job there when he was there. Made a decent run in the playoffs.

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Coach taylor came in 94, elton was a junior, that 94 season coach dilenbech or whatever his name was left and in 95 coach taylor took over and managed the second round losing to i think was bandera. Yes elton was fast fast fast when I was a freshmen he was a junior and my bro was a senior starting guard. If only coach taylor would of came 3-4 years prior to my bro the program would of changed forever. He left not to long after, he probably saw whateveryone else saw the talent was about to be gone forever and politics. I'm thinking he was having to start players that didnt deserve to start and thats not how you get a winning program but who knows

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Chester powell was a big ol fullback he was a senior with my bro, they could of went very far, maybe to state. pierre johnson ernest fennel henry gomez all those guys were on Defense including elton. they were the fastest in state and couldn't stop anyone. My bro told me what coach taylor told a few of those seniors before they left, If i was here 3-4 years earliar we would of gone to state. Unfortunatley my brother and that senior class didnt get the chance to be coached by him.:( . Afew years later i heard taylor went to hallatsville. Yeah i remember tracey steptoe munk ralph and all those guys.

Blue42
10-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Goliad has always been a cesspool of political debauchery My 4 years that I played HS football there we had 4 different head coaches. One even talked to me about switching to Cuero where he later led them to a state championship.

westcoast54
10-14-2009, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sinton3055
[B]I played for the tigers back in the 90's. They don't play the best players trust me. I went through a bad time and didn't get to play my junior and senior yr. It had to do with the coaches not letting us play cause we were from a little town called berclair. It was a big street fight between my young buddies and some kids from goliad. The coaches actually asked the kids from goliad if we could play and they said no. So yeah I hope Goliad never wins a game, cause I will never get that time back.:mad: . My cousin is actually a a seconf string quarter back, last name is flores. from what I heard he is way better that the starter, but oh well Goliad is gonna be goliad.

Sorry...don't buy it.

Antec
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Does Goliad have a chance have moving down to 2A?

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm a grown a$$ man I give a crap if u buy it or not. I'm not here asking for anything. I'm not asking anyone to believe me. I'm not even going to ask what part you don't buy cause I care less. I have a well paying job and a wonderful family and friends. So why do I need to lie on a message board, I would just start asking people to be my friend instead of lying. I have been a member for a good while and no one even knows me yet so why would I start now like this telling lies.

Antec
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey Sinton

Did you know Rick Sowell when he was a coach at Sinton somes in the 90s

I knew him well when he was at East Bernard when EB went far in the playoffs and Shane Lechler was quarterbacking and punting

sinton3055
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't know antec, I was in my own little world then lol.

OnceABucJr
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
The Sowell years at Sinton were, lets say, less than productive!

Blue42
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Antec
According to ther #'s and with the new Victoria school opening I think ther numbers will drop may be to the 2A level I also think Cuero's #s will also drop loosing the Nursery area kids.

OnceABucJr
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure Goliad would do well overall in 2A but you know who their neighbor is just to the south!

Antec
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
George West
Freer

Blue42
10-14-2009, 11:07 PM
30 miles South are the mighty Bobcats:doh:

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Come on guys, go get a W tomorrow.

G Tiger
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Antec
They lost to 2a teams this year already