PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans

gambler1606
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I have an idea, and i don't know if you all will agree with me, but here it goes! In the 1st round of the NFL draft the Texans draft Colt McCoy and in the 2nd round they draft Jordan Shiply. My reasoning behind this is they both know how to win, because they have won at every level so far, and it would give McCoy 2 weapons to throw to, the other of course being Andre Johnson. Then ask John Gruden to come coach the Defense. I know he would take a step down, but its worth a shot. What do ya think?

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
why would u want Gruden to coach the defense when he is an offensive guy?

gambler1606
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Just a thought! cause he is a firery guy and it could put some spunk in the Defense..

wimbo_pro
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
I have an idea, and i don't know if you all will agree with me, but here it goes! In the 1st round of the NFL draft the Texans draft Colt McCoy and in the 2nd round they draft Jordan Shiply. My reasoning behind this is they both know how to win, because they have won at every level so far, and it would give McCoy 2 weapons to throw to, the other of course being Andre Johnson. Then ask John Gruden to come coach the Defense. I know he would take a step down, but its worth a shot. What do ya think?

The Texans are going to win 7+/- games this year...you think Colt mcCoy will be around by that time in the draft? Or do the Texans have a high pick due to a trade?

dawg4life
10-11-2009, 09:47 PM
better idea. Get RC slocum to run the D. ;)

But The D giving up 21 in the 1st half is redonk. We were lucky Warner had a bad 2nd half. This isnt the first time. we couldnt stop Mark Sanchez on 3rd and 10 in his first game. The problems are on D. QB and WR arnt the immediate needs of the texans

carter08
10-11-2009, 11:15 PM
why would you waste a first round pick on a qb when matt is good?

he hasn't been hurt this year, he makes some accurate throws, every qb has off games. also, jacoby and walters are solid backup wideouts.

team needs to go db early in the draft, not offense.

Frontline Force
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Close game Texans.......they need better corners for sure they are always getting abused by every team they play. ...except the raiders they just plain suck

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by carter08
why would you waste a first round pick on a qb when matt is good?

he hasn't been hurt this year, he makes some accurate throws, every qb has off games. also, jacoby and walters are solid backup wideouts.

team needs to go db early in the draft, not offense. Bingo.

Texans need to draft in the secondary with their first and 2nd round picks.

After that, I don't care.

Maroon87
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
The one aspect of the Houston offense that needs improvement is goal line...:doh:

On defense they're strong at LB but aside from Mario Williams the rest of the bunch is kinda suspect at best.

Gobbla2001
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Ha, are you for real? The last thing that needs to be fixed in Houston is the QB/receiver relationships... I'd prefer not touching that 370+ yards passing yesterday...

the problem is in the trenches on offense and it looks to be the secondary on D...

it was a loss, it sucked and I'm getting tired of digging up moral victories, but that D in the second half played freakin' great...

carter08
10-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ha, are you for real? The last thing that needs to be fixed in Houston is the QB/receiver relationships... I'd prefer not touching that 370+ yards passing yesterday...

the problem is in the trenches on offense and it looks to be the secondary on D...

it was a loss, it sucked and I'm getting tired of digging up moral victories, but that D in the second half played freakin' great...

moral victories!

team is 2 and 3, should be 5-1. have to get a rb who isn't chris brown for those goal line situations.

srsly, release chris brown plz, he has cost us a playoff spot.

Antec
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
say Texans need a better center and offensive line

They are not that big to block running up the middle.

They had under 50 yards on the ground

coach
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by carter08
moral victories!

team is 2 and 3, should be 5-1. have to get a rb who isn't chris brown for those goal line situations.

srsly, release chris brown plz, he has cost us a playoff spot.

that doesnt add up...we are 2-3 and should be 5-1 lol

carter08
10-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by coach
that doesnt add up...we are 2-3 and should be 5-1 lol

mistype, meant 4-1 sorry.

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by coach
that doesnt add up...we are 2-3 and should be 5-1 lol dang. beat me to it. :D