PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers

gambler1606
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Sealy took care of Giddings this past week and now the focus is on Columbus. My early prediction is Sealy 44 Columbus 14. That will probably change as the week grows. I figure Sealy could really run it up on C-Town, but Coach Mitchell will probably call off the dogs when the Tigers hit 60 points. Tell me what you think!

Tiger Turtle
10-12-2009, 06:53 AM
IF the Tigers get out to a comfortable lead in the second half, Coach Mitchell will probably start working on things they will need to do in the upcoming LG & Bullville games. Sometimes that makes it look like you are running it up if things start clicking and the opponent gets their dauber down. Tigers need to stay focused or this could turn out to be a trap game and they could squander their district lead. Hopefully, the staff will keep that from happeneing because it is still early and this district looks to be unpredictable.

Johnny Utah
10-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Their focus is soley on Columbus knowing Mitchell and Mitchell. Can not afford any slip-ups. Good luck to the Tigers.

Booter11
10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
dont totally underestimate the cardinals... they have enough speed on the field that they could give the tigers quite a scare if sealy does not show up ready to play

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Booter11
dont totally underestimate the cardinals... they have enough speed on the field that they could give the tigers quite a scare if sealy does not show up ready to play Perfect example was the Sealy/BR game. BR has all kinds of talent and speed.....just can't seem to put it together...but they sure gave Sealy a scare until the 4th Q.

BR is usually the 3rd or 4th best team in D26.

Spread It Out
10-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Sealy should come away from this game with a win but in District 25 anyone can beat any given team on any night (see Sealy vs. Giddings) and if Sealy isn't careful the Cardinals might be able to make it a game. However, Sealy is very well coached and I can't see them letting this one slip with Mitchell at the helm and the Tigers should roll into the LG game with an emphatic win.

Sealy 45
Columbus 10

Crasher
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Perfect example was the Sealy/BR game. BR has all kinds of talent and speed.....just can't seem to put it together...but they sure gave Sealy a scare until the 4th Q.

BR is usually the 3rd or 4th best team in D26.

BR will put it together against needville this year. mark it down

teetle
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I tolds ya'lls that Jimmie has something up hes sleeve for the buffaloes and hes did. He good that way. He got something for the Cardinals too. He very good that way. He know what to do. Cardinals loose.:D :D :bigcry:

sTx
10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Sealy has had three amazingly sharp practices to this point and looks to dominate on friday.

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
BR will put it together against needville this year. mark it down That's what they said last year. :doh:

gambler1606
10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
AND!!! Sealy beat Columbus last year 30 to 14... AND!!! dominated the entire game...

Bull's-eye
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Glad to see all these Sealy posters coming out of the woodwork. Sealy shouldn't have any trouble with Columbus. One observation, Sealy has been a really good second half team. This tells me that their coaches are making good adjustments and or this team is wearing down their opponent with superior conditioning.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
AND!!! Sealy beat Columbus last year 30 to 14... AND!!! dominated the entire game...

sealy beat columbus 38-7 last year

Booter11
10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
For the record Columbus was missing 5 defensive starters last year against Sealy including their best DE and their best DT and OL ( 6'7" 325).

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Booter11
For the record Columbus was missing 5 defensive starters last year against Sealy including their best DE and their best DT and OL ( 6'7" 325).

no body is talking bout last year that is in the past, i just corrected the score

Booter11
10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
i just wanted to say it haha... But ya the Tigers this season are the real deal and have all the components to make another run at state... I would love to see Sealy and LG playing in the last game of district, undefeated, playin for the district title... That would definitely be a game worth going to

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-14-2009, 09:27 PM
yeah that is going to be a GREAT match up i cant wait for it haha im glad all 5 teams in d25 are so strong

cntdwn
10-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Glad to see all these Sealy posters coming out of the woodwork. Sealy shouldn't have any trouble with Columbus. One observation, Sealy has been a really good second half team. This tells me that their coaches are making good adjustments and or this team is wearing down their opponent with superior conditioning.

Sealy sounds a little overconfident and cocky if you ask me. I DON'T miss the Mills mentality, for sure.

sports mom
10-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Sealy sounds a little overconfident and cocky if you ask me. I DON'T miss the Mills mentality, for sure.

No, it's called determined and focused if you ask me.

Tiger Turtle
10-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Why's everybody always hatin' on pore old Sealy? People who never even saw TJ keep mouthing off about how bad he is. As someone who was on the inside of the program when Mills was there, I can tell you the Mills attitude was simply to stay focused, do your job, keep your mouth shut on the field, no showboating and no celebrating until after game 16 is over and we win. TJ used to yell at the officials a bit, but that was for effect because it might help a close call go your way later in the game. He never yelled at the kids either in practice or games and the cold-blooded killer mentality the kids displayed on the field intimidated many opposing teams. The real secret to Sealy's success was a great coahing staff and scrupulous organization. Seems like people should admire the job TJ did putting together teams that played 5 state finals in 6 years including 4 state titles in a row with kids who were not physically imposing but extremely well coached. Anyway, Sealy has not been a factor for about 10 years now until Coach Mitchell came to town and revamped the program. Seems like those folks that we beat like a rented mule are still upset 15 years later.

StangEm
10-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Come on Cardinal fans....accept the reality here.

Sealy rolls in this one 49-14.

sports mom
10-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Why's everybody always hatin' on pore old Sealy? People who never even saw TJ keep mouthing off about how bad he is. As someone who was on the inside of the program when Mills was there, I can tell you the Mills attitude was simply to stay focused, do your job, keep your mouth shut on the field, no showboating and no celebrating until after game 16 is over and we win. TJ used to yell at the officials a bit, but that was for effect because it might help a close call go your way later in the game. He never yelled at the kids either in practice or games and the cold-blooded killer mentality the kids displayed on the field intimidated many opposing teams. The real secret to Sealy's success was a great coahing staff and scrupulous organization. Seems like people should admire the job TJ did putting together teams that played 5 state finals in 6 years including 4 state titles in a row with kids who were not physically imposing but extremely well coached. Anyway, Sealy has not been a factor for about 10 years now until Coach Mitchell came to town and revamped the program. Seems like those folks that we beat like a rented mule are still upset 15 years later.

The TJ Mills era was probably the best Sealy ever had and now Sealy has a Jimmie Mitchell era starting. Jimmie has put together a great program. His coaching staff is probably the best I have seen in a long time (since TJ Mills), the kids are wonderful and possess alot of talent. Let's give them credit where credit is due.
:clap: :clap:

GO TIGERS!!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

teetle
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Jimmie, he be knowing what he doing. He got something for de Cardinals. Theys be having excuses after thes game. Jimmie, he good that way. He got something for them and theys not going to like it. He know what he doing. The past be the past. Cardinals be having excuses then and theys be having them now. Go Tigers.:D :eek: :weeping: :bigcry:

Bone Pile
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM
The truth about mills was,he would do anything to win. Inckluding no discipline and getting people out of jail in time to play. He had no concern of what would happen to the kids later on in life with no discipline at that level. I guess you older sealy fans cater to that but just north of you,we don't. Hopefully coach Mitchel has it more under control cause you gonna need it when we become the dominating force in Austin County. Ya best watch out for the Cardinals because they will not give up. They might get beat but they wont give up. Dont take them for granted and show up with your A game. I know we are watching them closely.
hoping Sealy loses but probably not. Tigers by at least 10.

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
The truth about mills was,he would do anything to win. Inckluding no discipline and getting people out of jail in time to play. He had no concern of what would happen to the kids later on in life with no discipline at that level. I guess you older sealy fans cater to that but just north of you,we don't. Hopefully coach Mitchel has it more under control cause you gonna need it when we become the dominating force in Austin County. Ya best watch out for the Cardinals because they will not give up. They might get beat but they wont give up. Dont take them for granted and show up with your A game. I know we are watching them closely.
hoping Sealy loses but probably not. Tigers by at least 10. Well it worked! 4 State Championships in a row!

How many has (Columbus???) won? lolz

sTx
10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
well regardless of what happened when mills was here SEALY TIGER FOOTBALL IS BACK and ready to make a run at state

Johnny Utah
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Have not seen a State Title game in a while, would go watch that!!!

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Have not seen a State Title game in a while, would go watch that!!! Should've went to Reliant last year to watch Katy and Allen win it all.

Allen/ FB Hightower was a GREAT game!

Man that was sweet.

Johnny Utah
10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Mingus to Houston is a long haul. Region 4 vs. Region 1 in Austin, I would make that one. Or at the new Cowboys Stadium, would be SUWEET!!!

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Mingus to Houston is a long haul. Region 4 vs. Region 1 in Austin, I would make that one. Or at the new Cowboys Stadium, would be SUWEET!!! Where is Mingus? :confused:

I was thinking Rockdale.

Johnny Utah
10-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Used to live in the Rock, live in Palo Pinto County now. Close to Possum Kingdom but far enough away...LOL

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Used to live in the Rock, live in Palo Pinto County now. Close to Possum Kingdom but far enough away...LOL Random fact:

Possums have 13 nipples.

sports mom
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
hoping Sealy loses but probably not. Tigers by at least 10.

Do you know that for a fact? Were you there? Did you go with him when he supposedly got them out of jail?.......I didn't think so.

I know his boys were discipline on the field and he had a great program. He did not get paid to babysit or be their parent. That is where the parents need to be parents and not expect someone else to their job.

Let's not bring up past incidents. The north end of Hwy 36 isn't so innocent.

Bone Pile
10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by sports mom
Do you know that for a fact? Were you there? Did you go with him when he supposedly got them out of jail?.......I didn't think so.

I know his boys were discipline on the field and he had a great program. He did not get paid to babysit or be their parent. That is where the parents need to be parents and not expect someone else to their job.

Let's not bring up past incidents. The north end of Hwy 36 isn't so innocent.

Yep I was. Sometimes I drove. So lady you are talking about something you do not have the foggiest idea about. I really hope coach Mitchel is doing it right.
The podium that you have mills on has weak legs.

Tiger Turtle
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
...and where in the UIL rules does it allow a player to sit in jail instead of being in school during the week and then play on Friday? This is a bunch of made up crap from losers who were jealous of the success Sealy's program had during the '90s. I guess that Sealy was so low profile that they flew under the UIL's radar while they were winning four straight state titles and going 63-1 during that period.

FbCoachB40
10-15-2009, 02:21 PM
I have pm'd two different moderators asking them to remove my post about the coach's daughter. I sincerely apologized to the Bellville people for bringing up that issue.

My point was for people to take off the "rose-colored glasses", all programs have had issues that they are not proud of. That is all that I was trying to say. I know the coach that I was talking about, and meant no disrespect to his daughter.

I AM TRULY SORRY!!

44INAROW
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I have pm'd two different moderators asking them to remove my post about the coach's daughter. I sincerely apologized for bringing up that issue.

My point was for people to take off the "rose-colored glasses", all programs have had issues that they are not proud of. That is all that I was trying to say. I know the coach that I was talking about, and meant no disrespect to his daughter.

I AM TRULY SORRY!!

It's been taken care of. :)

Bone Pile
10-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
...and where in the UIL rules does it allow a player to sit in jail instead of being in school during the week and then play on Friday? This is a bunch of made up crap from losers who were jealous of the success Sealy's program had during the '90s. I guess that Sealy was so low profile that they flew under the UIL's radar while they were winning four straight state titles and going 63-1 during that period.

Well Turtle Tiger let me tell you something,you can ask any of the people from that era and they would tell you the same thing. Don't play dumb unless you really are unaware of what happened. It did happen so suck it up. As far as being jealous,hahhahaha. Who would be jealous of a group of kids that do good. Are you that small that you would even think that way. And as far as calling somebody a loser,you best watch your mouth. You are talking about kids that have given it their all since it was 100 plus degrees back during the summer. Whether They win or lose,non of them are losers. So your talk about crap and losers,sounds to me like it just came from both of them.
Have a great day.

957tiger
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
It seems that anytime Sealy Football has any type of success, the haters roll out the jail talk. First off the time span they speak of was over 14 years ago. The young man some seem to know personally was indeed in the wrong place with the wrong crowd. Yes he did get in trouble, as many of our young boys do.

However a Austin County Judge decided this young man had some redeeming values and decided to give him the chance to prove his worth. Here are the facts, the stipulations from an elected judge were that this young man stay in school, behave while at school, continue to particpate in school activities, mainly football. And yes, check into the AC Jail on Saturday morning, return home on Sunday night to attend the school week. At no time was he "picked-up" from jail and delivered to the football game. You must be present on Game day to be eligible to play that night.

And since Mills had his share of haters, don't you think that there was a major effort to discredit or uncover any wrong doing or illegal activities by the many coaches he was able to out-coach. Since there was no illegal activities, as some claim to have so-called first hand knowledge of, and a District Judge set the punishment that was completed as ordered by a young man who straighten out his life. Anything else is garbage talk.

44INAROW
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
You are talking about kids that have given it their all since it was 100 plus degrees back during the summer. Whether They win or lose,non of them are losers.

Not quite the attitude you had about the the Smithville QB 2 weeks ago when he was nominated by DCTF Magazine for POTW. Remember that comment? I still wonder if you posted it or someone got on under your name. Here it is just in case you forgot.

Boy that is really an accomplishment. NOT!! Look at the schedules from last week and you will be able to see that MOST of the tough 3A teams had byes last week.
Thats like winning a race with nobody else running. Just not the same.
Just wait till those Columbus Cardinals get finished with him. He won't even be in the running.
Big Red by 14 going away!!!!!!!

I've rec'd numerous requests to close this thread before it gets out of hand. I think I am going to do just that.