PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs. Canyon Lake

Daddy B 12
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a must win for the Panthers. I've heard Canyon is worlds better than last year. Should the Panthers be worried?

Who wins?

clhsdad
10-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Should be a good game Canyon Lake is playing much better.

Defense is much improved especially against the run. We shut down Wimberley's Smith and held Blanco's big back under 100 yards.

Offense has moved the ball well and we have been able to run the ball this year. We have to eliminate the turnovers seams we never play well after a bye week. We had 350 yards of offense against Wimberley but turned the ball over 4 times inside the 20 we cannot do that again. I think we are back on track this week and win a close game.

TexDad
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I was very impressed by Canyon Lakes defense and the Qb and number 10 are pretty good athletes, I haven't seen LH play yet this year but wouldn't surprise me if Canyon Lake takes this one.

garciap77
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Liberty Hill wins this one!

Daddy B 12
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
It all comes down to the performance of the Panthers O-line. If they can get a push, then the offense will be able to do what it's meant to do.

Im goin with the Panthers in a close one.

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Liberty Hill gets the ball rolling again after last week!

clhsdad
10-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Not saying that they are not rolling again, but look at who they played last week.

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Not saying that they are not rolling again, but look at who they played last week.

Ingram's very good:rolleyes:

:D

Daddy B 12
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
What was the score in the Canyon Lake, Wimberly game?

TexDad
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
38-15

K-MAC Chuck
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Wimberley 38, Canyon Lake 15

snake_attack
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Liberty Hill does not pull off the upset. 28-27 :D

wimbo_pro
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Careful LH...be very,very careful.

clhsdad
10-12-2009, 01:37 PM
If you saw the Wimberely game then you should know it was a lot closer than the score. It was 21-15 well into the fourth quarter. Wimberley only had 3 offensive points the second half and that was from a turnover at Canyon Lakes 5 yard line. Two long defensive scores from turnovers late in the fourth put the game out of reach. Canyon Lake could not overcome the 7 turnovers most deep in Wimberley's end of the field.

NastySlot
10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
If you saw the Wimberely game then you should know it was a lot closer than the score. It was 21-15 well into the fourth quarter. Wimberley only had 3 offensive points the second half and that was from a turnover at Canyon Lakes 5 yard line. Two long defensive scores from turnovers late in the fourth put the game out of reach. Canyon Lake could not overcome the 7 turnovers most deep in Wimberley's end of the field.

I wasn't there but word i got was this one could have gone either way....heard wim..had a fumble and int returns that were both 85+ yards and by the same kid......those to's being taken back that far....were being mo changes.

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm gonna go with Canyon Lake and hope the Panthers prove me wrong!

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm gonna go with Canyon Lake and hope the Panthers prove me wrong!

+1:(

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I gots a bad feeling bout this one. Been saying it all year that I think Canyon Lake will sneak up on somebody.

TexanAlum_06
10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Canyon Lake is a dangerous team, that's for sure. I was pretty impressed with them friday night. Really good size and they have a good QB and skill players. If Canyon lake can protect the football and force some turnovers then this could be a very close game and could go either way.

Daddy B 12
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
If theres a week when the Panthers come together and start to roll, this needs to be that week. If they lose this one then playoffs are very unlikely for them.

Lets go guys, get it rollin!

ziggy29
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Canyon Lake could be one of those games some people call a "trap."

CL hung with Wimberley for much of the game before the Texans pulled away in the second half. I think they are maybe a couple years away from having one of the stronger programs in the state.

Having said that I think the Hill wins it, but it won't be easy. This is NOT last year's (first year) CL team by a longshot.

clhsdad
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
This should be an exciting game to watch and like most have said I believe it comes down to who holds on to the ball and field position. Hopefully we got the interceptions and fumbles out of our system last week. We have to be able to put the ball in the end zone and be able to control the line of scrimmage if we are to have a chance.

This game is a challenge to our kids we need to show that we can win a big game and not just hang close. I think we will be ready and if things go right we just might pull off the upset.

martwayne
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Caynon Lake 35
Liberty Hill 21

You know why, because i said so.

gold_33
10-12-2009, 06:27 PM
CL is pretty good, if it wasn't for our defense coming up with some big turnovers deep in our own territory then we probably wouldnt have won that game. They have a really good line on both side, I was more impressed with their D-line myself bc Smith had no where to go and we weren't getting a push at all. If your gonna beat LH thats were it'll start, being able to control the line and interrupt the slot-t in the backfield. If CL can keep the turnovers down then they'll have a chance but I still think LH will pull out the win but I wouldn't be shocked if CL wins it.

LH 35
CL 21

ProudHornetMom
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Going with LH in this one.

wimbo_pro
10-12-2009, 07:15 PM
If forced to make a pick...i too will go with LH on this one. But I wont be surprised if they lose. Talk about sitting on the fence!!!

LH 33
CL 21

Tx Challenge
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Just down the road from you Alum 06 and Wimbo. Be good to see you u guys....Alum, you owe me and the wife a meal...

wimbo_pro
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Just down the road from you Alum 06 and Wimbo. Be good to see you u guys....Alum, you owe me and the wife a meal...

Tx Challenge is a guy??????

Daddy B 12
10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
For LH to win this one the offense must:

1) Have ZERO turnovers
2) The O-Line MUST get a push so the backs dont get stuffed at the line of scrimage like in every game weve lost
3) The QB must hide the ball better and not throw interceptions (goes along with #1)
4) The 3 other backs need to do what they do

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
For LH to win this one...
We must score more points than they do. :p

Tx Challenge
10-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

LOL Just call me Daddy Wimp_pro

TexanAlum_06
10-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Yes he is a man. An old one at that. lol. I personally think he is losing his mind sometimes.;)

I would go to this game friday night but I will be in Dallas for the red river shootout so I wont be able to make it. But I will see you next week in LH.:)

Tx Challenge
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Yes he is a man. An old one at that. lol. I personally think he is losing his mind sometimes.;)

I would go to this game friday night but I will be in Dallas for the red river shootout so I wont be able to make it. But I will see you next week in LH.:)

It must sux to go to the Red River Shoot out and not be able to participate in the fun stuff. I hear they are cracking down on the fake id's this year. Are you going to try the cross dressing thing again this year?

You can always ride the kiddie rides at the fair. Going to be a long ride home for you. You might want to take a Tebow audio book to pass the time :p

Dawg Dad
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Canyon Lake vs liberty hill is a no-brainer people. Canyon Lake will ROLL all over liberty hill. The hill stops the pass about as good as my seven year old's flag football team. We all saw what burnet did to lh, and CL may be even better than them. True story. Get ready lh, that green and gold is going to do to you what you guys did to ingram. lh decided to take their frustrations out on a freshman level football team, and now they have angered the football gods. Enjoy the beating.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Dawg Dad
Canyon Lake vs liberty hill is a no-brainer people. Canyon Lake will ROLL all over liberty hill. The hill stops the pass about as good as my seven year old's flag football team. We all saw what burnet did to lh, and CL may be even better than them. True story. Get ready lh, that green and gold is going to do to you what you guys did to ingram. lh decided to take their frustrations out on a freshman level football team, and now they have angered the football gods. Enjoy the beating.
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt that Canyon Lake is better than Burnet. And do you honestly think that Canyon is going to beat LH 76-0? I know they have gotten better, but to throw that prediction out there is pretty...well..stupid.

You need to stop letting your seven year old son post things on here, it makes you look kinda dumb. :thinking:

TexanAlum_06
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Feeling rather bold today I see.....

Dawg Dad
10-13-2009, 05:44 PM
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt that Canyon Lake is better than Burnet. And do you honestly think that Canyon is going to beat LH 76-0? I know they have gotten better, but to throw that prediction out there is pretty...well..stupid.

You need to stop letting your seven year old son post things on here, it makes you look kinda dumb. :thinking:

Oh daddy b12, your name and location precedes you in the department of looking dumb. I said Canyon would exact a sort of vicarious revenge on lh for the 'running up' of the score on Ingram. Nowhere in my post did I "predict" Canyon would beat lh to the tune of 76-0.

Perhaps you should read a little closer, or more intelligently, before you start throwing stones.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh daddy b12, your name and location precedes you in the department of looking dumb. I said Canyon would exact a sort of vicarious revenge on lh for the 'running up' of the score on Ingram. Nowhere in my post did I "predict" Canyon would beat lh to the tune of 76-0.

Perhaps you should read a little closer, or more intelligently, before you start throwing stones.
Well you did predict that Canyon would run up the score on LH. I know LH is having a down year, but Canyon is not going to run up the score on them. And as for me looking dumb because I am from Liberty Hill, well i guess looking dumb is worth those 2 rings I have on my fingers.
This is going to be a close game and IF, i said IF, Canyon wins, it wont be by much.
Maybe you should think before you start making bogus predictions **edited 44inarow***

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We must score more points than they do. :p

Nope:p You're wrong. Way wrong.

Dawg Dad
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Well you did predict that Canyon would run up the score on LH. I know LH is having a down year, but Canyon is not going to run up the score on them. And as for me looking dumb because I am from Liberty Hill, well i guess looking dumb is worth those 2 rings I have on my fingers.
This is going to be a close game and IF, i said IF, Canyon wins, it wont be by much.
Maybe you should think before you start making bogus predictions **edited 44inarow***

daddy b12, a wise man once said, "It makes more sense to live in the present tense." Don't call it bogus till it's all said and done...

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
daddy b12, a wise man once said, "It makes more sense to live in the present tense." Don't call it bogus till it's all said and done...
LOL ok man. We'l see what happens.

LH762009
10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
That is some pretty big talk there buddy. Although I hear CL has improved since last season. Do I foresee CL "rolling all over" LH? No way! Vance and company will have those boys ready to play. Now I am not gonna sit here and blow smoke up your @ss and say LH will tear CL a new one... Most everyone knows that this is a rebuilding year for us, But if you think that this will be a cake walk then your surely mistaken. Yes LH has problems stopping the pass, everybody knows this, Its no secret... And as for your comment about running up the score on Ingram, If you cannot stop even our backups from scoring and stuffing you every play, then yeah the score is going to get pretty lopsided. I mean come on, Its not like we were passing the ball any, and were not going to take a knee every down... We just run the ball and eat up the clock...

Now I do think that this will be a very hard fought game for both teams. CL does have a chance, BUT do not count LH out, they will not roll over for anyone...

Ill be pullin' for LH in this one, and will continue to do so every week regardless of what happens friday night...
Their record may not be the prettiest, but I am very proud of them...

Good luck to both teams, and I hope that everyone traveling to the game has a safe trip...

Oh, and GO PANTHERS!

clhsdad
10-14-2009, 08:29 AM
This is a big game for both teams. LH needs it to keep pace with Burnet and Wimberley and we need it to prove we can beat a quality team. LH is the favorite and rightfully so. They have been here before and done it. If CL is fortunate to pull off the upset it will not be easy. We know that and expect a close game that will be hard fought hopefully when it is over we will win.

Dawg Dad
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Ok look, I understand being loyal to your team and all but I think some of you need a dose of reality. Gone are the days of 3 RB's who can spring one at any time! In the past you had the players to be a one legged dog and run it every play. Now???? That is not the case. With no passing game whatsoever CL will just load the box and do to you what Burnet did.....(I seem to remember 1 first down in the first half.) Stay loyal.....be good fans...but you have to face the fact that lh is not a good match up for the lake.

Dawg Dad
10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
In the way of predictions........lh misses the playoffs this year

Daddy B 12
10-14-2009, 05:15 PM
First of all, the backs are very talented and still have the capability of springing one at anytime, its the lack of blocking that keeps them from doing it. Our line this year is nowhere near what it has been in the past but there has been a few changes in the past week or two that could help. And yes our passing game has not been good this year but the QB has some speed and if he would just tuck it and run one time he could go the distance. He also has a strong arm he has just not been making good decisions due to the pressure hes been getting. Stack all your boys in the box all its guna take is for him to get outside and tuck it one time and your done.

Second of all, you are acting like Canyon Lake is a Championship contender or something? Yeah theyve improved alot from last year, but if you honestly are going to sit here and say that they are going to blow LH out then your crazy. The kids at Liberty Hill havent forgotten how to win.

And last, if all your going to do is get on here and make stupid posts and diss LH then I hope you get kicked off very soon because all your doing is striking up arguements and angering alot of people.

LH_Tuff
10-14-2009, 05:44 PM
In the way of predictions........lh misses the playoffs this year

Nostradamus? Is that you?

LH762009
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Dose of reality ehh?
You say this as though we think we are unbeatable, and are already claiming victory... No one here is saying that CL cant beat LH, we just simply disagree with your feeble-minded predictions...

K-MAC Chuck
10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06

You can always catch the live (or replay) broadcast on K-MAC Sports..

:inlove: :wave: :2thumbsup

wimbo_pro
10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Isnt this great??? CL is in the mix of teams in the district, which is a huge change from the last 2 years. I for one am tickled pink to see them move up the talent tree and be a concern to every team they play.

On another note, I have found the few CL posters to be level headed and humble...at least until now (Dawg). I dont mean to be offensive to you Dawg...not at all. I kinda like having a supporter from CL who has a strong belief that they can not only hang with but smash a team like LH. I assume you are from CL?

I still gotta go with LH in this one...too much knowledge on how to win, despite the talent level. But I wont be the least surprised if CL pulls it out.

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Not from the Lake, just a fan of upsets.

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by LH762009
Dose of reality ehh?
You say this as though we think we are unbeatable, and are already claiming victory... No one here is saying that CL cant beat LH, we just simply disagree with your feeble-minded predictions...

Wow. Not quite sure how my prediction was "feeble-minded". Whatever, I will take a passive-aggressive angle since the lh people get so uptight about this thread. Canyon Lake can throw the ball. Last I saw, CL's upcoming opponent (not naming names) could not stop the pass. In my "feeble-minded" opinion, this gives Canyon Lake a very big advantage over said un-named opponent. Un-named opponent is having a hard time putting points on the scoreboard (except against an un-named-last-ranked team in the state) this year, unlike in year's past where un-named team has had lot's of success. Again, not throwing any team names out there. I am not going to predict any 76-0 like outcomes, as some people like to accuse others of. I simply like CL's chances against an un-named opponent this year. Hope that dries the tears.

ziggy29
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Canyon Lake can throw the ball. Last I saw, CL's upcoming opponent (not naming names) could not stop the pass. In my "feeble-minded" opinion, this gives Canyon Lake a very big advantage over said un-named opponent.
I think it's a stretch to imply that because Burnet torched LH with the pass, CL can do the same because they can "throw the ball." So much of this depends on the line play, and unless we know that CL's O-line is the equal of Burnet's, it's a bit presumptuous to say that CL should be able to use the passing game to a "very big advantage." If the QB has all day to throw? Yes, probably so. But if LH's D-line is stronger than CL's O-line (I don't know, not having seen either team play this year), the QB may be running for his life and the timing and ability to find open receivers may not be there.

The bottom line? CL deserves respect, they are to be commended for how quickly they have built a competitive program and they certainly have a chance in this one. But using the Burnet game as an obvious (if unstated) example is only valid if CL is Burnet's equal on the field.

ziggy29
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Isnt this great??? CL is in the mix of teams in the district, which is a huge change from the last 2 years. I for one am tickled pink to see them move up the talent tree and be a concern to every team they play.
Agreed. I think it's cool. Right now I think there are 5 teams in the district (all but Ingram and Fred) which are legitimate playoff contenders. The LH-CL game will tell us a lot more about how D8 may start to unfold.

Frankly I think Wimberley and Burnet have the inside track on the playoffs from D8 (though far from certain yet), so every game between the other three current playoff contenders (LH, CL and Llano) will have huge playoff implications. (All games are important, of course, but these are chances to get yourself a win AND give one of your close competitors a loss at the same time.)

LH_Tuff
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow. Not quite sure how my prediction was "feeble-minded". Whatever, I will take a passive-aggressive angle since the lh people get so uptight about this thread. Canyon Lake can throw the ball. Last I saw, CL's upcoming opponent (not naming names) could not stop the pass. In my "feeble-minded" opinion, this gives Canyon Lake a very big advantage over said un-named opponent. Un-named opponent is having a hard time putting points on the scoreboard (except against an un-named-last-ranked team in the state) this year, unlike in year's past where un-named team has had lot's of success. Again, not throwing any team names out there. I am not going to predict any 76-0 like outcomes, as some people like to accuse others of. I simply like CL's chances against an un-named opponent this year. Hope that dries the tears.

So, is this normal behavior? Or a passive agressive jerk?:thinking:

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I think it's a stretch to imply that because Burnet torched LH with the pass, CL can do the same because they can "throw the ball." So much of this depends on the line play, and unless we know that CL's O-line is the equal of Burnet's, it's a bit presumptuous to say that CL should be able to use the passing game to a "very big advantage." If the QB has all day to throw? Yes, probably so. But if LH's D-line is stronger than CL's O-line (I don't know, not having seen either team play this year), the QB may be running for his life and the timing and ability to find open receivers may not be there.

The bottom line? CL deserves respect, they are to be commended for how quickly they have built a competitive program and they certainly have a chance in this one. But using the Burnet game as an obvious (if unstated) example is only valid if CL is Burnet's equal on the field.

Guess it didnt...

Daddy B 12
10-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Not from the Lake, just a fan of upsets.
Upset??? The way your making it sound is that Canyon Lake is HIGHLY favored. I mean if they are going to blow out LH then they wouldnt be the underdog now would they?

LHexPlayer
10-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Liberty Hill better play a very good game to win this one. If we cannot move the ball and score then it will be a long night.

ziggy29
10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Liberty Hill better play a very good game to win this one. If we cannot move the ball and score then it will be a long night.
Agreed. What I think is funny is I see almost no one dismissing CL as a pushover and everyone agrees that LH needs to show up and play well to win, but some people still have a chip on their shoulder.

Almost all who have chimed in on this thread have said CL is dangerous and have praised the progress they have made this year, but you'd think we were all saying they suck and they'll get killed by a certain person's comments...

LHexPlayer
10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Agreed. What I think is funny is I see almost no one dismissing CL as a pushover and everyone agrees that LH needs to show up and play well to win, but some people still have a chip on their shoulder.

Almost all who have chimed in on this thread have said CL is dangerous and have praised the progress they have made this year, but you'd think we were all saying they suck and they'll get killed by a certain person's comments...

I can't dismiss a team that now has seniors and has everyone back from last year. They also have a very high enrollment of students to choose from. On top of that I think they pulled kids from Smithson Valley High school when they opened Canyon Lake High. Smithson Valley has lots of good players in that area.

I think Canyon Lake will go 4a next year. I could be wrong but they should be close. Their coach is also a good one that has built a new program before in Pflugerville Connally.

wimbo_pro
10-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Hope they stick around in 3A for another couple years. If not, I sure hope we have them on our pre-district schedule...I want to play them every year and develop the BackBone Classic (yes, I termed this myself) as one big game!

21 Iso
10-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Canyon Lake's enrollment is right around 900, so they will remain 3A for 2 more years.

Super_R
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 21 Iso
Canyon Lake's enrollment is right around 900, so they will remain 3A for 2 more years.

They'll go up. The UIL figures the rate of change from the previous 2 years and use that as the predictor for the future enrollment figures.

Tonights game is one of the 3 matchups to see who gets in the playoffs.

LH wins!

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 10:57 AM
LH wins by 7...
(crossing fingers)

Red&White_9x5
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
They'll go up. The UIL figures the rate of change from the previous 2 years and use that as the predictor for the future enrollment figures.

Tonights game is one of the 3 matchups to see who gets in the playoffs.

LH wins!

So are you saying that the winner of this game tonight will be a lock for the playoffs?

Super_R
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
So are you saying that the winner of this game tonight will be a lock for the playoffs?

Nope. I said its 1 of 3.

clhsdad
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Going to be playoff atmosphere at Canyon Lake this is probably the biggest game to date in CL's short history. Win or lose we are proud how far our boys have come in a short time.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Going to be playoff atmosphere at Canyon Lake this is probably the biggest game to date in CL's short history. Win or lose we are proud how far our boys have come in a short time.

We are proud of your boys too CLHDad. Fight hard, and may the best team win!!!

ziggy29
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
No question it is a huge game, and you should be proud of your kids and with how rapidly y'all developed a program from nothing into a solid team and playoff contender.

Good luck to all for a good, clean, exciting and injury-free contest.

duckpluck
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
900 will get them back to 3A next year.

Dawg Dad
10-16-2009, 10:09 PM
If theres a week when the Panthers come together and start to roll, this needs to be that week. If they lose this one then playoffs are very unlikely for them.

Lets go guyUs, get it rollin!

Hahahahaha! Canyon lake won 14 7

ziggy29
10-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Who said it was going to be an easy game or that CL didn't deserve respect?

Bad winners are even worse than sore losers.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2009, 10:19 PM

What are you?? Twelve??:rolleyes:

trojandad
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
lol @ mom....

lbjacj
10-16-2009, 10:22 PM

Huge win for the Hawks!!Congrats and keep on winning!!

clhsdad
10-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Hard fought game LH is still a very good team and will still have a say as to who goes to the playoffs. We were fortunate did not look good the first half Lh pretty much dominated. Managed to make some adjustments and got some breaks in the second half.

Thanks to all the posters that showed support and kind words
for both teams it is appreciated.

Congratulations HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy B 12
10-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Congrats to Canyon Lake. You guys have nothing but success ahead of you.

I wasnt able to make it, but it sounded like a hard fought game and that turnovers hurt LH. Can't have those in close games they'll come back to hurt you. As for Canyon Lake, it sounded like yal made some good halftime defensive adjustments and came back out and shut down LH's offense and did what you had to do on the offensive side of the ball to win the game.

Idk if there is any chance for LH to still make playoffs, if there is I would be suprised.

Again, Congradulations to the Hawks.

Daddy B 12
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Classy post Dawg Dad...

Yeah like i said, if Canyon wins, it wont be by much. It was a good game like i expected. Not a "no brainer" or a blowout like you predicted.

And seriously, are you like 8 years old? Who does that. Either grow up or dont bother posting on here anymore.

Coach BS
10-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Whats the big deal LH, Dawgdad can post whatever. Maybe yall should have saved some of those points from last week:rolleyes:

GiddingsFan
10-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Love it. Great post.

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Liberty Hill wins this one! fail.

garciap77
10-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
fail.

Is that you NecksFan?:D

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Is that you NecksFan?:D :D

garciap77
10-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
:D

Welcome back! I know you love rules!:D

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Welcome back! I know you love rules!:D Rules? What rules? :eek:

SintonFan
10-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Whats the big deal LH, Dawgdad can post whatever. Maybe yall should have saved some of those points from last week:rolleyes:

Too bad you made your name your strongest point.:rolleyes:

RM was almost right... except I've seen better maturity from an eleven year old.
:nerd:

wimbo_pro
10-17-2009, 02:17 AM
There are a very, very few in the LH crowd who deserve this chiding and ridicule...these very few (ok...maybe just one) ran their mouth like their winning streak would never end, and (IMO) they have it coming. Those very, very few (OK, just one in particular) need to toughen up, accept it, and know that what goes around, comes around. We know what this is like here in Wimberley, so dont act like you are the first.

But for the vast majority of the LH fans...LHPM, LHex, Daddy D and many, many others (sorry for not naming you all)...they don't deserve this kind of insult. And, btw...it aint over.

wimbo_pro
10-17-2009, 02:23 AM
And CLDad...you gotta be bursting with pride!!! Way to go!! Tell the boys we here in Wimberley are very impressed, and hope you can keep it up!

ziggy29
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Idk if there is any chance for LH to still make playoffs, if there is I would be suprised.
There are still five teams in playoff contention with Wimberley and Burnet seeming to have the inside track, leaving CL, Llano and LH likely scrambling for the third spot. LH certainly weakened their position, and they obviously need to win both remaining games (vs. Wimberley and at Llano). They would probably still be mathematically alive with a loss to the Texans, but they would almost need a miracle.

Meanwhile, they probably need to hope CL loses twice more in the next three games -- they are at Llano, vs. Fred and at Burnet.

It would seem that with one loss, both CL and Llano still control their own destiny at this point (until they meet next week), but I don't think either of them are likely to run the table. I personally wouldn't be surprised at a tie for third at 4-2, and something like a three-way tie for third at 3-3 isn't out of the question. (At least we know how the district resolves three-way ties after last year.) Even Burnet could wind up with two losses if they lose to CL, but I think they win just about any tiebreaker.

Needless to say that next week, LH must beat Wimberley (possible, but not looking too likely at this point) to stay realistically alive, and CL @ Llano will be a huge game for positioning for the third playoff spot as well. From the standpoint of LH's playoff hopes, they'd probably hope the Jackets win that one.

zeeman
10-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Is Canyon Lake a new school?

wimbo_pro
10-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by zeeman
Is Canyon Lake a new school?

Yes Zeeman...I think this is their 2nd year in varsity football.

zeeman
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes Zeeman...I think this is their 2nd year in varsity football.

Canyon Lake must have some pretty good talent. It will be interesting to see how their season progresses. Nothing like adding a new school to the district and having them stir the pot.

wimbo_pro
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by zeeman
Canyon Lake must have some pretty good talent. It will be interesting to see how their season progresses. Nothing like adding a new school to the district and having them stir the pot.

I think CL has a huge mountain to climb with Llano and Burnet in front of them. You can be sure we here in Wimberley want CL to beat them both!

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Hard fought game LH is still a very good team and will still have a say as to who goes to the playoffs. We were fortunate did not look good the first half Lh pretty much dominated. Managed to make some adjustments and got some breaks in the second half.

Thanks to all the posters that showed support and kind words
for both teams it is appreciated.

Congratulations HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to your team! Second half adjustments paid off in a big way.

As far as "my son is better than yours" - kind of a standard motto from that neck of the woods from my experience. :rolleyes:

ProudHornetMom
10-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Enjoy the beating.

Another universal truth proven on these boards.

Just like every one has a posterior orifice, so does every group. Some are just larger and more full of it than others.