PDA

View Full Version : Does Jerry Jones pull trigger in Bye week?

blowfish
10-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Jon Gruden is out there and he loves Tony Romo!

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm all for a new coach, but now the season has started. bad time to change now and Gruden is not the guy. jerry might as well take his lumps and let Wade finish it out.

blowfish
10-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I'm all for a new coach, but now the season has started. bad time to change now and Gruden is not the guy. jerry might as well take his lumps and let Wade finish it out.

I bleed silver and blue but after the last few games I cant se us going better than 8-8.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I bleed silver and blue but after the last few games I cant se us going better than 8-8. don't disagree, but with Gruden...........they will be no better than 8-8. there are better coaches out there.

squid
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
please not Gruden. Offer Cowher the $$$ it would take, steal Fisher from TN or clone Landry from some DNA that may still be around......

Trashman
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
If Dallas had lost today I would say that Coach Cupcake would have been fired. Jason Garret would have been named the interim. Jerry Would go after Shanahan or Cowher. Since it didn't happen Cupcake is safe till the end of the season.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by squid
please not Gruden. Offer Cowher the $$$ it would take, steal Fisher from TN or clone Landry from some DNA that may still be around...... Cowher is the guy..............but he won't ever work for Jerry............and I don't blame him

blowfish
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Jeff fisher will never never never ever caoch in Dallas. Jerry put a curse on him for talking bad about his score board. I would rather have Switzer back that Cowher.

Problem with Landry's DNA is the last few 6-10 seasons are imprinted on them.

Mack Brown should get and bring Colt with him!:rolleyes:

turbostud
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I bleed silver and blue but after the last few games I cant se us going better than 8-8.

I said that after the loss to the Giants in week 2. 9-7 if we are lucky.

blowfish
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I said that after the loss to the Giants in week 2. 9-7 if we are lucky.

where do I pay to get us 9-7?

sinton66
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Jimmy Johnson's probably LHAO.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
where do I pay to get us 9-7? thats what i'm talking about. if i could get a 9-7 right now i would just take my chances on making the playoffs. the cowboys are one of the most talented teams in the league. they are also the worst coached.

sinton66
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Jeff fisher will never never never ever caoch in Dallas. Jerry put a curse on him for talking bad about his score board. I would rather have Switzer back that Cowher.

Problem with Landry's DNA is the last few 6-10 seasons are imprinted on them.

Mack Brown should get and bring Colt with him!:rolleyes:

AND SHIPLEY!!!!!!

blowfish
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
AND SHIPLEY!!!!!!

All I want for Christmas is Jordan Shipley to sign a Dallas Contract!

Trashman
10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Jimmy Johnson's probably LHAO.

Yes he is......He also likes Romo. If anybody could turn this team around, it would be Jimmy Johnson.:D

blowfish
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Yes he is......He also likes Romo. If anybody could turn this team around, it would be Jimmy Johnson.:D

That is why I think Gruden is the one to bring in .... Dallas has not had real dicipline since Jimmy left. You might say Tuna but I dont think anyone really feared him like they did Jimmy.

95mustang
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
That is why I think Gruden is the one to bring in .... Dallas has not had real dicipline since Jimmy left. You might say Tuna but I dont think anyone really feared him like they did Jimmy.

Discipline seems to be the cowboys biggest problem. How many freaking stupid penatlies were there today? They are not playing smart football right now.

blowfish
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Over a 100 yards worth... where I come from that is a score.

1st and goal
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
All I want for Christmas is Jordan Shipley to sign a Dallas Contract!

Sorry, but you can hang their losses aroung Romo's neck. The rest of the team is playing winning football.

Yes the coach is the whipping post candidate for a losing season but Romo's inability to throw accurate passes is the reason for their current record.

Now, can you imagine if Shipley signed. The magic Burnet connection would be back in place. Mcgee/Shipley good enough for state, wondering if it's good enough for a superbowl???

Miles Austin had a great game, could have been even better tho'.
:) :) :)

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

:) :) :) had nothing to do with Romo. he dropped 2 TD passes

blowfish
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Romo deserves alot of the blame but he dosent block. He dosent call the plays and sure dont miss tackles on defense and special teams.

This team has plenty of blame to spread around. The thing we dont have is TO to blame it on.

Did you hear Pam Oliver talking about them talking on the sidelines ..."this is a joke" This ridiculos"

I am hoping this wakes them up and they come together as a team. I love Feliz Jones but I think he has proven he cant take the waer and tear of the NFL.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think there will be a coaching change until after this season is completed. Wade's contract will be up, and it will make Jerry look a little better by not renewing his contact as opposed to firing a coach...It will be the same result.

To me, the coaching situation is worse than it appears on the surface...

A) I used to think Jason Garrett had a brilliant coaching mind, but now I'm not so sure after seeing the offense these past few weeks. Why keep Witten in to block and try to throw to a 4th reciever twice in a row?

B) Jerry's management style is the real issue here. I imagine Jerry portrays himself as a "coach", and won't let his coaches coach...unless he has the final approval. Case in point: Wade had started fining players a short while back and they (the players) went crying to Jerry and he nixed the fines. What does that look like to to players when the head coach can't even install any dicipline?

C) Do any of us really think a good strong coach like Jimmy Johnson or Gruden, or Chin Man would ever work in Dallas just to be a puppet? I seriously doubt it.

So the bottom line for me is we have, and will continue to have a mediocre team at best. A team that gets paid way more than their talent may dictate except in a few case like DeMarcus Ware.

I take a lot of pride in being a life-long Cowboys fan. I've either watched or listened to every game in Cowboys history. I remember when the Dallas Texans were here for real here in Dallas. To me, this may be the most depleted era I have ever seen the team go through...it used to be pretty much automatic the boys would be in the playoffs...certainly not now. We are approaching an entire generation that hasn't seen the Boys even in the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. I'm not sure how to react to all of that.

blowfish
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Personally I think Jerry "running the team" is a media urban myth. Maybe a few years ago but I dont think so anymore. I think his son Stephen has put a leash on him.

It was Stephen that ran TO off not Jerry.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

B) Jerry's management style is the real issue here. I imagine Jerry portrays himself as a "coach", and won't let his coaches coach...unless he has the final approval. Case in point: Wade had started fining players a short while back and they (the players) went crying to Jerry and he nixed the fines. What does that look like to to players when the head coach can't even install any dicipline?

ding, ding, ding.........we have a winner. the first line says it all.............."Jerry's management style is the real issue here." enough said

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Personally I think Jerry "running the team" is a media urban myth. Maybe a few years ago but I dont think so anymore. I think his son Stephen has put a leash on him.

It was Stephen that ran TO off not Jerry.

I actually agree with that assessment...That Stephen ran off T.O.

But I also think Jerry feels like he has to micro-manage the team and Wade phillips too.

squid
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Stephen may have run off TO, but with Jerry's blessings. Those of you that think Jerry isnt running this team need to listen to Randy Galloway/Norm Hitzges and some of the other talking heads that are around that team everyday.

The concession stands dont open a new box of Skittles without asking Jerry first.....

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
The concession stands dont open a new box of Skittles without asking Jerry first.....

:D :D :D
:clap:

I thought this was funny....and very true!

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I find it funny all the..so and so would NEVER come coach for Jerry..Well he reeled in the Big Tuna who has always been I have control everyone else back off.

If Jerry truly wants someone he will get them.

as far as firing somone at the bye week...Well if ur winless sure, but I just dont see the practical reasoing of firing a coach when your 3-2 and your two losses has been to two teams who are still undefeated and both games Dallas had the chance to win.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I find it funny all the..so and so would NEVER come coach for Jerry..Well he reeled in the Big Tuna who has always been I have control everyone else back off.

Dallas is the first team that parcells has coached that he didn't take to the playoffs...I bet he wouldn't come here again.
Do you actually believe he was the one that brought T.O. in here? Why do you think Parcells left?

gambler1606
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I honestly think Jason Garrett is to blame for this! The Offense is horrible and Tony Romo is not the answer. Wade Phillips is an outstanding Coach, but the Deffense is struggling a bit. I think Cowher would be an awesome fit in this down hill slide.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
I honestly think Jason Garrett is to blame for this! The Offense is horrible and Tony Romo is not the answer. Wade Phillips is an outstanding Coach, but the Deffense is struggling a bit. I think Cowher would be an awesome fit in this down hill slide. I agree, I think Cower would be the best choice...but would he consider coming to work for jerry is the question. Would Jerry ever let Cower have enough rope to coach? Probably not.

DaHop72
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

If Jerry truly wants someone he will get them.

as far as firing somone at the bye week...Well if ur winless sure, but I just dont see the practical reasoing of firing a coach when your 3-2 and your two losses has been to two teams who are still undefeated and both games Dallas had the chance to win. I agree to part of this, but the way the defense has played on the last drive in the 3 close games is an indictment of the DC, 1-2 on those drives. We could just as easily be 2-3.:(

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Dallas is the first team that parcells has coached that he didn't take to the playoffs...I bet he wouldn't come here again.
Do you actually believe he was the one that brought T.O. in here? Why do you think Parcells left?

he did take em to the play-offs..twice

and Parcells has said MANY times over he DID NOT leave because of TO.

Think about it..would the person who is known as one of the boggest taskmasters in the game actually would basically say I cant handle a player and quit?

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
I honestly think Jason Garrett is to blame for this! The Offense is horrible and Tony Romo is not the answer. Wade Phillips is an outstanding Coach, but the Deffense is struggling a bit. I think Cowher would be an awesome fit in this down hill slide. there are about 20 to 25 NFL teams that would love to have Romo. good qb's are hard to find. if you know where we can get a better one please let us in on the secret.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
he did take em to the play-offs..twice

and Parcells has said MANY times over he DID NOT leave because of TO.

Think about it..would the person who is known as one of the boggest taskmasters in the game actually would basically say I cant handle a player and quit?

Sure he would, if he had a place like miami to go to..
And think of his raise he got...and director of fottball operations too!

:D

Oh and that reminds me...Parcells didn't do Dallas many favors when he left...he basically raided the pantry and took coaches and director of scouting...which is all legal...but Parcells is no innocent party in this Dallas mess either.

wtfootball
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
John Gruden would be like getting Jimmy Johnson back!
JJ will wait until season's end and then Wade is gone.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball

Sorry, I don't care for gruden...he reminds me of that plastic doll face on that halloween movie..

http://blogs.amctv.com/monsterfest/grudenchucky_2.jpg
:D :D

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball

And Parcells was a pure discipline guy and guess what..the team under him had a ton of penalties and late game collapses.

At some point you have to look at the TEAM..maybe this is a somewhat talented group who just cannot overcome their own mistakes. Bringing in a coach is not going to magically make them not commit penalties and make stupid mistakes

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
And Parcells was a pure discipline guy and guess what..the team under him had a ton of penalties and late game collapses.

At some point you have to look at the TEAM..maybe this is a somewhat talented group who just cannot overcome their own mistakes. Bringing in a coach is not going to magically make them not commit penalties and make stupid mistakes

Then what would your solution be? just stand pat and go 8-8?

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Then what would your solution be? just stand pat and go 8-8?

For this year? Yes changing coaches now would not help anything. For moving forward? I think Dallas has to make some tough choices as far as who they keep. Now the tough decisions will be helped if it doees become an uncapped year next year. But there are a core group of players whose talent will make you fall in love, but then you realize they just are NOT complete football players.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
uncapped year next year

Aaahhhhh Jerry = Steinbrenner...

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM

lol yes..but it allows him to dump players he might not be able to with a cap

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
i was sitting here laughing to myself...............just imagine how bad we would be ripping them IF THEY LOST!!!!

Trashman
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM

No.......Jerry = Al Davis........:D

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
lol yes..but it allows him to dump players he might not be able to with a cap

So.......

Possible Jerry Scenario.....

no Wade Phillips...

dump mediocre players...including the linebacker from ohio state

:D (Thanks Bill Parcells)

Go out and spen a fortune on real ballplayers...

Turn the team over to Stephen..

Jerry is the new coach!!!

Trashman
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
The blame for all of this mess lies squarely at Jerry Jones feet. How many coaches have been at Dallas since Jimmy left? Most of them were good coaches. It's not the coaches, it's not the team. IT'S JERRY. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Lets not forget a couple of things

Other teams at 3-2 right now

Steelers, Patriots, Ravens

Yes the Giants are 5-0..you know who they have beat?

Panthers..Cowboys...Bucs..Chiefs and Raiders

So they have beat ONE team with multiple wins( Dallas)

They have only been tested once and that was the Dallas game.

My whole point is, still EARLY in the season. We still have no clue how the next 11 games will fall.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
The blame for all of this mess lies squarely at Jerry Jones feet. How many coaches have been at Dallas since Jimmy left? Most of them were good coaches. It's not the coaches, it's not the team. IT'S JERRY. :rolleyes:

I agree.

The question I have is...how bad do the Cowboys have to get before Jerry admits he may need someone here that knows what they are doing? Seriously, what would he say to Bill Cower if Bill Cower said I'm not taking this job if you come to the sidelines...

How low does ther team have to go to make jerry get away from the team a little bit?

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Lets not forget a couple of things

Other teams at 3-2 right now

Steelers, Patriots, Ravens

Yes the Giants are 5-0..you know who they have beat?

Panthers..Cowboys...Bucs..Chiefs and Raiders

So they have beat ONE team with multiple wins( Dallas)

They have only been tested once and that was the Dallas game.

My whole point is, still EARLY in the season. We still have no clue how the next 11 games will fall.

Tx...my point is this...

The Cowboys really aren't that good...and if I am reading you correctly, you think everything is ok...

I'm not trying to argue here...I really don't see the Cowboys as that good...they barely beat an 0-4 team today, and had to go to OT to do it...

Forgive me for not having much confidence in that.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Tx...my point is this...

The Cowboys really aren't that good...and if I am reading you correctly, you think everything is ok...

I'm not trying to argue here...I really don't see the Cowboys as that good...they barely beat an 0-4 team today, and had to go to OT to do it...

Forgive me for not having much confidence in that.

hmm please show me where I say everything is ok? All I said was the season is far from over. We dont know if the problems they show now will be fixed or cannot be fixed.

All I know is at one point in the 07 season the Giants were ready to ship off their QB AND their coach and they won the SB

Arizona last year never showed a team capable of making a SB run.

To many things happen between now and the end of the season. The last few years Dallas has rolled early and faded late. Now we MIGHT be seeing the exact opposite, we wont know till week 17

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
The Cowboys Play Stupid And Win

I'm not trying to be a mean guy when I write this, but it's the truth.

The Dallas Cowboys play stupid football. They won in overtime against one of the NFL's bottom feeders, Kansas City, but the 3-2 record the Cowboys have is deceiving.

The Cowboys have yet to beat a team that owned a win the day they played them. They gave KC ten points today off turnovers and found a way to escape 26-20.

This is not bash against them. It's the truth.

Four fumbles, two were lost. 13 penalties. In one drive the Cowboys had four offsides calls on the defense and KC was able to kick a field goal.

I blame head coach Wade Phillips. Stupid football keeps teams from going to the playoffs. The Cowboys have too much talent to keep playing without discipline week in and week out.

I wish I could say the mistakes would be addressed in the bye week, but this is Wade Phillips. He's just happy to win games and refuses to every point a finger at his players.

He should start with the offensive line: Flozell Adams got hit with three false starts and and a holding call. One of his false starts made a 1st and goal at the 9 yard line, a 1st and goal at the 14 yard line and the Cowboys ended up having to kick a field goal.

Andre Gurode had a fumbled snap and a false start. The fumble lead to a KC touchdown.

Marc Colombo had a false start.

Kyle Kosier's holding call wiped out a Marion Barber run to the 7-yard line and instead of a first and goal the team would settle for a field goal attempt in which Nick Folk missed.

The Cowboys brought back Hudson Houck to be the offensive line coach and I must say his group has been very disappointing this year when it comes to playing smart football.

On 3rd down and 26, Alan Ball, tried to take Chiefs wide receiver Bobby Wade's head off and got hit with a personal foul. While Ball jumped around acting like he was the next Jack Tatum, the Chiefs got a fresh set of downs and would have scored on a field goal, but Jay Ratliff blocked the attempt. Lucky for Ball, his penalty didn't lead to points.

KC has a terrible offense, but they drove 74-yards for a game tying touchdown in 1:52. Mike Jenkins had coverage on Dewayne Bowe, but still the Chiefs best receiver was wide open for a 16 yard score on 4th down. I'm scratching my head on that one.

I could go on....but the stupid plays will do the Cowboys in against Atlanta in two weeks.

Wade Phillips would be wise to correct the mistakes, but I won't hold my breath. All he wants to say is, "The bottom line is winning".

Source (http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/The-Cowboys-Play-Stupid-And-Win-63976772.html?__source=Facebook)

Trashman
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree.

The question I have is...how bad do the Cowboys have to get before Jerry admits he may need someone here that knows what they are doing? Seriously, what would he say to Bill Cower if Bill Cower said I'm not taking this job if you come to the sidelines...

How low does ther team have to go to make jerry get away from the team a little bit?

I used to work for a couple of Generals like Jerry. They think they are the solution to the problem, not the problem. Jerry will never give up control, to him it is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Stephen Jones will have to inherit the team before any meaningful change occurs.

:(

coach
10-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Sorry, but you can hang their losses aroung Romo's neck. The rest of the team is playing winning football.

Yes the coach is the whipping post candidate for a losing season but Romo's inability to throw accurate passes is the reason for their current record.

Now, can you imagine if Shipley signed. The magic Burnet connection would be back in place. Mcgee/Shipley good enough for state, wondering if it's good enough for a superbowl???

:) :) :)

so you are saying the defense isnt to blame??? in 3 games romo has had the lead or tie and the defense has giving up the lead or tie....you cant tell me that romo is the only one to blame

Hupernikomen
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
If I was a defensive coordinator up against Dallas I would show blitz every down. Romo spend half his time pointing and changing plays and rarely makes a good decision when defenses show something that doesn't match his 1st play call. It wasn't near as bad today but mainly because KC did very little blitzing.

STANG RED
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM
If JJ does pull the trigger in the bye week, I just hope he's looking down the barrel. :D

IrishTex
10-12-2009, 06:14 AM
After Dallas Cowboys beat Chiefs, it's time for one chief to leave

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The last time the Cowboys played such a truly awful football game in Missouri, I thought the only thing that made any real sense was to fire the head coach.

Sure enough, after the season, it happened. The Rams fired Jim Haslett since St. Louis didn't win another game after beating Wade Phillips and the Cowboys last Oct. 19, and they haven't won since.

The only question is: Should Miles Austin's record-breaking day and overtime-ending 60-yard catch and run on a pass from Tony Romo save Phillips' job this time?

The appropriate and logical answer is no. You can't coach a game or manage a business making results-based decisions. You can't even stoop to the lowly form of writing sports columns in that manner.

Regarding the latter, it represents the lowest form of cop-out. A team makes a high-profile trade and you write, "Well, it's a great deal if the team wins, a lousy one if they don't."

Thanks for the insight. An 8-year-old could figure that out.

You have to examine the evidence available at the time and decide whether it's a trade that should or shouldn't help a team.

On a different plane higher up the business scale, general managers and owners (in the Cowboys' unique case, this is one person) should look at the body of work and the direction of a team, not just the final play of an overtime game, to make decisions of significance.

It's not that I expect Jerry Jones to do the right thing this week. In fact, I'm certain he won't.

But he's more than capable of it.

Fire a coach after a regular-season victory?

It's rare, yes, but this is a man who changed coaches after a Super Bowl win.

The right thing now would be to remove Phillips during the bye week and give offensive coordinator Jason Garrett – the one-time heir apparent whose career has been a roller coaster ride since 2007 – the final 11 games to see if he can create a sense of urgency as head coach.

I have my doubts since this club is so far removed from real accountability, but it's worth a shot. In fact, if Jones wants to keep that playoff winless streak from reaching 13 years, it's his only chance.

The fact that the Cowboys actually won, 26-20, against the winless Chiefs should not be a deciding factor. The Cowboys broke all the rules regarding letting a bad team hang around, making poor plays and turnovers to help a bad team, committing atrocious, inexplicable penalties at all the worst times.

Have you ever seen a Defense at any level called for offside five times in one half? That includes four times in seven plays, all by different players.

The Cowboys' current head coach-defensive coordinator said he wasn't sure what was happening, which came as no real surprise.

Jones said he thought the unnecessary roughness penalty on safety Alan Ball was a huge play and "a tough call," but really it was just a terrible mistake. Did Ball hit the receiver in the head as called or just come close, leaving it to the official's interpretation?

Doesn't matter. Either way, it was on third-and-26! A catch by the Chiefs' receiver would not have come close to a first down.

It's the kind of mistake a team like the Cowboys makes all the time. That's why their 3-2 record leaves die-hard fans hopeful, but it's also why this team is losing ground on the teams it needs to pursue in the NFC East.

Jones, who said he never considered a coaching change even when Dallas was losing the game, recognizes that much. I asked him about the difference between needing overtime to beat the Chiefs while watching the Giants (44-7 over Oakland) and Eagles (33-14 over Tampa Bay) beat up on bad teams Sunday.

"We ought to be aware of that fact, that we aren't playing as well as those teams apparently are," Jones said. "This loss could have been very impactful. It would have put us at three losses, and that's just too close for this type of thing to happen."

And that's just how close the Cowboys were to 2-3. They needed two stops in overtime, they needed Romo's second-biggest yardage day ever (351) and they needed Miles Austinto erase a Bob Hayes record that had stood since 1966 with a 250-yard receiving day.

All of that just to beat a winless team that is 2-19 since the start of last season.

All of that just to stay above the .500 mark in a conference that has three teams still unbeaten and six teams with better marks than the Cowboys.

"We didn't do all the right things, obviously," Phillips said, "but the bottom line is winning."

The bottom line Sunday wasn't a season-saving win for the Cowboys. It had more the feel of a job-saving win for Phillips, making the other save impossible and prolonging the start of a franchise turnaround until 2010 or beyond.

Source (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tcowlishaw/stories/101209dnspocowlishaw.324e180.html)

catgut
10-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Dallas will never have a real coach as long as Jerry Jones owns the team. A real coach has the authority to make changes on his own rather than run everything through the owner.
Jones wants to coach the team himself, but he at least is smart enough to know he couldn't do it.
I used to be a huge Cowboy fan but that left about the same time Jimmy Johnson did.

GrTigers6
10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Do yall honestly think Garrett would be better than Phillips. He can even get the plays in on time to avoid a penalty or having to take timeouts. That is not the sign of a good leader.
We should see where the year takes us. A coaching change no matter a who it is will make things worse. Thats my opinion!

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Dallas will never have a real coach as long as Jerry Jones owns the team..

So Parcells was not a real coach?

IrishTex
10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry, couldn't resist..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA8ig0NYato

catgut
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
So Parcells was not a real coach?
I stand by my statement. Parcells was the closest he has had since Johnson left, but Parcells is not a great coach. I'd like to see him as General Manager but that will never happen.

injuredinmelee
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Here is what I think the problem is...

JERRY JONES AS GM

what does Jerry know about football and talent? HE DRAFTED QUINCY CARTER who wasnt even a starter in college.

injuredinmelee
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
No.......Jerry = Al Davis........:D

EXACTLY!!!