PDA

View Full Version : Dave Cambells mid season prediction

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Don't believe it for a minute. I still think Gilmer goes D1. but hey..........makes for good conversation

DIVISION I:
Region I final: Abilene Wylie over China Spring
Region II final: Prosper over Alvarado
Region III final: Navasota over Waco La Vega
Region IV final: Cuero over Bandera
Semifinals: Abilene Wylie over Prosper; Navasota over Cuero
State final: Abilene Wylie over Navasota
DIVISION II:
Region I final: Monahans over Wimberley
Region II final: Celina over Texarkana Pleasant-Grove
Region III final: Gilmer over Carthage
Region IV final: Giddings over Bellville
Semifinals: Celina over Monahans; Gilmer over Giddings
State final: Gilmer over Celina

trojan37
10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I hate to say it, but La Vega won't be in the DI Region III final.

95mustang
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Seems to me there are a few teams on there that probably won't be playing in their respected regional finals.

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
If this does play out, Monahans will roll Celina and then lose in the same fashion to Gilmer as
Snyder did in 2004, but the score would be closer to 53-30 this time. :(

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
That is a work of fiction. :doh: :doh: I guess everyone has an opinion.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:cool:

d0tc0m
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If this does play out, Monahans will roll Celina and then lose in the same fashion to Gilmer as

What makes you say that Monahans will roll Celina?

BobcatBenny
10-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
What makes you say that Monahans will roll Celina?
He is just upset that DC went with the stronger Region 2 over his beloved, but overhyped region. :eek:

wimbo_pro
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Wimberley in the Regional finals????? Wow. All I can say (and should say at this point) is WOW. This is an interesting prediction.

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2009, 09:33 PM
:thinking:

garciap77
10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
:thinking:

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
:thinking: hemo are yall D1 for sure?

R4Editor
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
In Region IV:
Division 1
Yes Cuero and Bandera are possibilities, but I think you have to add Sealy and possibly Ingleside into that group. Bandera better heal up quick or they will be in a big hole in D29.

Division II
Bellville better find some offense or they may not even get to the dance. La Grange has to be mentioned ahead of Bellville right now. I also think there are some sleepers in DII that could give Giddings a game. I see the gap between D25 and some of the other districts closing just a bit.

Move The Chains
10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
In Region IV:
Division 1
Yes Cuero and Bandera are possibilities, but I think you have to add Sealy and possibly Ingleside into that group. Bandera better heal up quick or they will be in a big hole in D29.

Division II
Bellville better find some offense or they may not even get to the dance. La Grange has to be mentioned ahead of Bellville right now. I also think there are some sleepers in DII that could give Giddings a game. I see the gap between D25 and some of the other districts closing just a bit. Ingleside will most likely go DII. Robstown is the big school in our district.

WildTexan972
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Region 1 is weak.....no Region 1 team will keep Celina from the finals this year....Wylie is the only good Reg1 team and they can not go D2 so that solves that mystery....

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Monahans looks every bit as strong as any team West Texas
has thrown at region 2 this decade. I see them crushing everyone but Gilmer.

As far as our DC leaving for Prosper, my only disappointment is that his hot wife doesn't
work the concession stand or ticket booth anymore. :(

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Don't believe it for a minute. I still think Gilmer goes D1. but hey..........makes for good conversation

DIVISION I:
DIVISION II:

The only way Gilmer goes Div 2 is if Tyler Chapel Hill makes the playoffs is this a possibility. Other wise Gilmer goes to the Div 1 side any experts from this district 17 can help us out am I correct.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:58 PM

As far as our DC leaving for Prosper, my only disappointment is that his hot wife doesn't

Monahans = Snyder in 2007 and we all know how that turned out.

33 to 7 Celina

navscanmaster
10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
La Grange is looking pretty strong, and if they continue to win in district, they will replace either Giddings or Bellville.

In Region III, Rockdale and Caldwell are looking strong coming toward the D2 bracket. They even get the luxury of a week off during bi-district. WOS looks very mortal and likely would not survive an encounter with either of the two. Have Gilmer or Carthage faced a slot-T team yet?

garciap77
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
:thinking: :thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tres Lobos
10-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Region 1 is weak.....no Region 1 team will keep Celina from the finals this year....Wylie is the only good Reg1 team and they can not go D2 so that solves that mystery....

What do you really know about monahans. They have dominated everyone on their schuedule and tied both their scrimmages and those were against Big Spring (#9 in 4A) and Abilene wylie (don't really have to say much about them). I no those were scrimmages but still. Nobody has come close to them yet, and until you see them, or until they lose or come close to it you can't really say that they wouldn't beat a team that has lost 2 or 3 games already.

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

33 to 7 Celina

That Snyder team was good but they also lost to Monahans in reg season they were much better in Playoffs and crushed a beat up Lobo team in playoffs.

But here is the difference that Snyder team rode on the Clay wagon all year long option offense that ran ran and ran the ball.

The 2009 Lobo teams has a great defense the Def line will all go play college ball somewhere and on offense the Loboes are very balance can run the ball have a great QB can throw the ball will run some spread have very good receivers. They are about 3 deep at RB not just 1 hero lots of team players on this team not to mention a JR Linebacker #40 that will be 1st team All-State and In my opinion a Def End #81 that could be as good as any in the state in all classifications.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

That Snyder team was good but they also lost to Monahans in reg season they were much better in Playoffs and crushed a beat up Lobo team in playoffs.

But here is the difference that Snyder team rode on the Clay wagon all year long option offense that ran ran and ran the ball.

The 2009 Lobo teams has a great defense the Def line will all go play college ball somewhere and on offense the Loboes are very balance can run the ball have a great QB can throw the ball will run some spread have very good receivers. They are about 3 deep at RB not just 1 hero lots of team players on this team not to mention a JR Linebacker #40 that will be 1st team All-State and In my opinion a Def End #81 that could be as good as any in the state in all classifications.

Sounds kinda like Celina.

Tres Lobos
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM

probably so, i guess we'll all just have to wait and see if both teams get there and how it turns out. Can't wait for some december football! :inlove:

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 11:21 PM

Then its gonna be fun. I hope it happens Monahans fan base is the best in West Texas along with those Wylie fans can leave them out. I know Celina brings a house. I have seen it this would be special. 20,000+ fans for a 3a game gonna have to be played at Jones Stadium or Cowboys stadium. The midways would be Shotwell or San Angelo stadium. I prefer SA it will seat 17,000+
Shotwell not. I hope we both make it would be a honor to play Celina.

"Go Loboes"

orange machine
10-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
What do you really know about monahans. They have dominated everyone on their schuedule and tied both their scrimmages and those were against Big Spring (#9 in 4A) and Abilene wylie (don't really have to say much about them). I no those were scrimmages but still. Nobody has come close to them yet, and until you see them, or until they lose or come close to it you can't really say that they wouldn't beat a team that has lost 2 or 3 games already.

I congradulate you on a great season so far, but dont let those losses that Celina has fool you. Daingerfield is the best team in 2a if you dont believe me go ask any Gilmer fan! DF will win a state title again this year and if they were in 3a would go very deep in the playoffs if not make it to the state title. Trinity Christian is ranked number 1 in Tapps the big school division again can play with any 3a power and is favored to win a title in Tapps. Celina has two losses this year to two teams that are favored to win state titles. In saying that Celina had every chance to win both games and for sure should have beat Trinity Christian. Since those games Celina has improved alot. The good news is Celina still has alot of room to keep improving. Most team by this time of year have reached there limit of how good they will be. By the time playoffs come around and our qb gets back Celina will be a very strong team that will be primed for a state title run.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Then its gonna be fun. I hope it happens Monahans fan base is the best in West Texas along with those Wylie fans can leave them out. I know Celina brings a house. I have seen it this would be special. 20,000+ fans for a 3a game gonna have to be played at Jones Stadium or Cowboys stadium. The midways would be Shotwell or San Angelo stadium. I prefer SA it will seat 17,000+
Shotwell not. I hope we both make it would be a honor to play Celina.

"Go Loboes"

Not Shotwell i hate that stadium.

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Not Shotwell i hate that stadium.

I agree!!!

Spread It Out
10-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Bellville in the Reg. IV finals is a joke

big daddy russ
10-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Region 1 is weak.....no Region 1 team will keep Celina from the finals this year....
Maybe because a Region 2 team will keep them from the Semifinals???

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Ingleside will most likely go DII. Robstown is the big school in our district. Mathis could change that if they get one of the playoff spots along with Sinton and Ingleside if that is how it turns out. Ingleside D1 and Sinton and Mathis D2

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 01:44 AM
WLV, Alvarado, Navasota, and Bellville don't make it that far.

Bellville may not even make it outta district.

And Sealy... where are they? They just beat Giddings. :hand:

Bandera and Wimberley are ????'s too.

Ingleside Fan
10-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Ingleside will most likely go DII. Robstown is the big school in our district.

Robstown does have the hardest final four games in district play. But the fight for a playoff position most likely will come down to the final week. There will only one undeafted this week in district 31-3a and I think Sinton will win against Robstown. But you can never tell in our district this year?:1popcorn: Going to be a good month for fooball!

Ex-Tiger2005
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Why?

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
He has no idea why. He just thinks because Monahans is a RegionI team and because they've been rolling other RegionI teams, they'll roll everyone except the big beast Gilmer, who by all accounts somehow already has a bid to the title game. Go back and find the last time Celina lost to a RegionI team.

wtfootball
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM

33 to 7 Celina

Monahans and Snyder in the playoffs in 08, we all know how that turned out. M was robbed by B officials in 08, they were loaded and handed it to the #1 ranked team in the state, the following week, B limped in with key players hurt and not playing and it was over for #1. M is even stronger this year. They will make it at least to the semi finals, if their heads don't swell.

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I hate to say it, but La Vega won't be in the DI Region III final.
No because they will be Division II

wtfootball
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I love to talk trash and wire you guys up but I can't when it comes to Gilmer or Celina. Monahans hasn't played a ranked team. They have a very weak schedule. Teams that are historically powerhouses, Sweetwater, Snyder, etc. are not this year so I don't see problems early on in the playoffs. Eventually we are going to face some very tough games and playing weak teams between now and then does not help. I am certain the coaching staff will have them ready, they have been preparing this team for this year for the past 3 seasons since this bunch was sophomores. I think 81 is as good as any in any classification as previously posted. The LB is a stud also. Just hope these guys don't start believing their own press in the desert because there are powerhouses between now and the State Rings. Stay focused and Mean Green can do it. All I know is I will be green from head to toe and I WILL BE THERE........

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Why?

I have watched Monahans, Wylie, Snyder, Bridgeport, and Vernon play more times this decade than some of their own fans have. I have watched Monahans play seven plus times including three in the last two seasons. They have looked stronger and stronger each time. They are very good. I just don't think their Gilmer good. I hope I am wrong. I would love to see Monahans and Wylie bring home the hardware.

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
He has no idea why. He just thinks because Monahans is a RegionI team and because they've been rolling other RegionI teams, they'll roll everyone except the big beast Gilmer, who by all accounts somehow already has a bid to the title game. Go back and find the last time Celina lost to a RegionI team.

Because I picked against your Bobcats I have no idea huh? Nice.

DaHop72
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Because I picked against your Bobcats I have no idea huh? Nice. Come on Red, you're from that weak Region I and thus you are clueless. :D :D

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Because I picked against your Bobcats I have no idea huh? Nice.

Haha yes, partially because you picked against my Bobcats!!:p I'm just having fun here! I haven't seen Monahans play so I couldn't make a prediction really, at least not an educated one, and correct me if I'm wrong, you haven't seen Celina play have you? Now people (not necessarily you SweetRed) see Celina ranked pretty low in the top25 with a big fat 2 in the L column, and therefore anybody still sporting a goose egg in said column this late in the year could easily roll us. Most astute football fans like yourself Red know, you can't really put much stock into such things as rankings! Really, all we can hope for is for this matchup to manifest itself so we can answer these questions, but even then, we as fans, continue to pose our "if only... or if they had done this..." That's why I love Texas HS Football!! Com'on Friday!

oldtownag
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Seems to me someone has been left out of this conversation!

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
No sir. I didn't mention them, but I know full well what them bulldogs have! That's why I laugh when people are so quick to pencil Gilmer into the State Title game! They've gotta run that monster of a gauntlet in Region3. And as any buckeye fan will tell you, there's plenty of teams that can make that run, including the, as you said, rarely mentioned, defending state champions, Carthage Bulldogs.

WTF-82
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
The only way Gilmer goes Div 2 is if Tyler Chapel Hill makes the playoffs is this a possibility. Other wise Gilmer goes to the Div 1 side any experts from this district 17 can help us out am I correct.

? somebody

lostaussie
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
? somebody the game the whole state will watching will be Tatum/ Chapel Hill................if it plays out like it should. Tatum wins Gilmer goes D1. Chapel Hill wins Gilmer goes D2

On another note..............I told yall in the 1st post this thread means nothing. But...............it does make for some good spirited conversation:D

RattlerDude
10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Dave Campbell knows his stuff. Navasota has three year starters that have been three rounds deep in the playoffs twice. I definitely think an appearance in the state championship is a nice prediction

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Mathis could change that if they get one of the playoff spots along with Sinton and Ingleside if that is how it turns out. Ingleside D1 and Sinton and Mathis D2 I guess anything could happen. Robstown's decline could start this week, but it won't matter if Mathis can't find a way to win against Oso.

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
He has no idea why. He just thinks because Monahans is a RegionI team and because they've been rolling other RegionI teams, they'll roll everyone except the big beast Gilmer, who by all accounts somehow already has a bid to the title game. Go back and find the last time Celina lost to a RegionI team. This is just laughable coming from a Celina fan. Usually you are pretty level headed in your posting, but don't sit there and act like Celina fans are not guilty of hitting the fast forward button on their season to the semi's! :hand:

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Haha yes, partially because you picked against my Bobcats!!:p I'm just having fun here! I haven't seen Monahans play so I couldn't make a prediction really, at least not an educated one, and correct me if I'm wrong, you haven't seen Celina play have you? Now people (not necessarily you SweetRed) see Celina ranked pretty low in the top25 with a big fat 2 in the L column, and therefore anybody still sporting a goose egg in said column this late in the year could easily roll us. Most astute football fans like yourself Red know, you can't really put much stock into such things as rankings! Really, all we can hope for is for this matchup to manifest itself so we can answer these questions, but even then, we as fans, continue to pose our "if only... or if they had done this..." That's why I love Texas HS Football!! Com'on Friday!

Celina vs. Snyder and then last year Celina vs. Liberty Hill. So not nearly as much as Monahans.

grahampaw
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
In Region 1 I see it being A-Wylie going all the way to state.If they play Gilmer it will go either way.Anyone else ,they win state.In Div 2 I think it will be Monahans vs either Graham or Brownwood, and the winner having a tough time in the semifinals against Argyle.

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
I love to talk trash and wire you guys up but I can't when it comes to Gilmer or Celina. Monahans hasn't played a ranked team. They have a very weak schedule. Teams that are historically powerhouses, Sweetwater, Snyder, etc. are not this year so I don't see problems early on in the playoffs. Eventually we are going to face some very tough games and playing weak teams between now and then does not help. I am certain the coaching staff will have them ready, they have been preparing this team for this year for the past 3 seasons since this bunch was sophomores. I think 81 is as good as any in any classification as previously posted. The LB is a stud also. Just hope these guys don't start believing their own press in the desert because there are powerhouses between now and the State Rings. Stay focused and Mean Green can do it. All I know is I will be green from head to toe and I WILL BE THERE........

Good post. Very realistic and level headed, unlike others:doh:

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Dave Campbell knows his stuff. Navasota has three year starters that have been three rounds deep in the playoffs twice. I definitely think an appearance in the state championship is a nice prediction

Not a chance.

waterboy
10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
All I know is that I definitely haven't penciled ANYBODY into the state championship game. There's way yonder too much football left to be played to even think about doing that. I can definitely see potential, though, and even dream a little, too, but make plans that far ahead?:hand: Nope....... If the Buckeyes can stay healthy, play to their potential, and stay focused throughout, I say they've got just as good a chance as anybody, though....:thumbsup:

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 02:27 PM
This is just laughable coming from a Celina fan. Usually you are pretty level headed in your posting, but don't sit there and act like Celina fans are not guilty of hitting the fast forward button on their season to the semi's! :hand:

Easy p4state, I was just having fun with sweetred. I never fast forward to the semis, and MOST other Celina fans don't either. It's everyone else who just sit around and talk about how weak Region2 is, they make Celina's ride to the semis seem easy. It's the same with Gilmer fans. They know they have a great team, but they're not going to sit here and guarantee you that they'll be playing around Christmas time, it's the other fans, and the other posters who make such claims. No matter the region, if you're playing in late December, odds are you've got a good team, so you can't really take anyone lightly.

WildTexan972
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Seems to me someone has been left out of this conversation!

no....if you can see this was about Monahans getting to state, which we all know in D2 is impossible due to Region 1 being so weak.....the Carthage issue is not included at all in this....the Region 3/4 issues are separate to get a team to state, but the D2 state finalist on the other side of the bracket will be a Region 2 team.....

I do not think Argyle can beat Celina, and I sure do not think they can beat em twice to get to the finals, but if they can, they will be able to beat whatever Region1 team comes to visit.....

If Region 1 was not so weak top to bottom, then those guys would be better prepared to handle the better teams they play at the semi's and might have a chance.....go thru the tough run that is 9-3A and then the rest of Region 2 and you are prepared to battle with anyone....

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Celina vs. Snyder and then last year Celina vs. Liberty Hill. So not nearly as much as Monahans.

Ah I meant have you seen Celina this year, but I digress, you have seen Celina more than I have seen Monahans, so you can have a better opinion than my homer based prediction. Maybe, if all goes how I would have it go, my Bobcats can take care of business and find themselves in good company come December, and I can have the opportunity to see Monahans play!

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I do not think Argyle can beat Celina...

Hard to say right now. Argyle appears to be the real deal this year. They just took care of a team that more than took care of us last year, and happened to be the defending d1 champions. So we won't really know much about Argyle until we go to visit them. First things first though, another group of Eagles are coming to our house this Friday, hungry for a 9-3A win! Bring on Friday!!

WTF-82
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree in Argly is tough. But I also do not think they can beat Celina in quaters to get to the semi- finals. They are tough but Celina come Playoff time they just know how to get it done.
I have said if Monahans can get by round 2 they have a shot at the semis and a chance to beat a team like Celina and the winner of this game will have a great shot at winning the state title.

Gonna be a fun November and December!

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Agreed. Just gotta get there first. Which in a increasingly tough district, is becoming more and more of a struggle and less of an inevitability.

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I just wanna say that it has now dawned on me if Gilmer and Wylie meet in the DI title game, it will be the weekend of my wedding, I wonder if my fiancee will be willing to reschedule so I can make it to the game?:thinking:

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I think I heard somewhere about legislation floating around to ban all weddings during football season for reasons just like this. You can get married any day of the year, but how often do you get to see a Gilmer - Wylie State Championship?? (Granted they both make it).

lostaussie
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I just wanna say that it has now dawned on me if Gilmer and Wylie meet in the DI title game, it will be the weekend of my wedding, I wonder if my fiancee will be willing to reschedule so I can make it to the game?:thinking: hold up on the wedding cancellation:D they is lots of ball to go yet!!!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
hold up on the wedding cancellation:D they is lots of ball to go yet!!!!

yeah but shouldn't I prepare nonetheless as if its going to happen, I mean think about it if I say 2 months before the wedding "Hey honey lets move the date of the wedding" its a real possibility and the anger wont be as fierce but if I wait the week before the wedding and I'm like "oh crap wylie and gilmer both won, call off the wedding", there might not be a good doctor left on the downlow

lostaussie
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
no cancel..............just get cold feet for a week or two...............or the day before the wedding, show her the prenups:D that should get you thru the d1 and d2 champ games:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I just wanna say that it has now dawned on me if Gilmer and Wylie meet in the DI title game, it will be the weekend of my wedding, I wonder if my fiancee will be willing to reschedule so I can make it to the game?:thinking:

If she truly loves you she will. :D

CueroGobblers
10-12-2009, 08:07 PM
LaGrange is back huh? If Mathis makes the playoffs is there a possibility that those two teams can meet up again?

Milk That Cow
10-12-2009, 08:57 PM
That prediction looks eerily similar to the 2008 Playoff Lineups...

Looks like Texas Football did a little editing from last year instead of what is happening on the field in 2009...

LE Dad
10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
That prediction looks eerily similar to the 2008 Playoff Lineups...

Looks like Texas Football did a little editing from last year instead of what is happening on the field in 2009... :thumbsup: :iagree:

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Have Gilmer or Carthage faced a slot-T team yet?
Yep - in 2007! :1popcorn:

WTF-82
10-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball

I disagree with you here on your predictions for early on in the playoffs. I dont think Snyder or Sweetwater will make it. I am pulling for them but in early round 2 Monahans will have to beat a Graham team also state ranked or probably Brownwood no easy task. I will also mention there is not a team that I have seen that has played us better defensively than Graham they ran nice scheme against us couple years ago and were succesfull with it I know we have a different team but so do they. No easy task.

Aesculus gilmus
10-13-2009, 09:41 AM

It was actually 53-20 and the game was not as close as the score indicated.

lulu
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Very real possibility. They are tough. No expert but have seen them.

lulu
10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
All I know is that I definitely haven't penciled ANYBODY into the state championship game. There's way yonder too much football left to be played to even think about doing that. I can definitely see potential, though, and even dream a little, too, but make plans that far ahead?:hand: Nope....... If the Buckeyes can stay healthy, play to their potential, and stay focused throughout, I say they've got just as good a chance as anybody, though....:thumbsup: :iagree:

tiger eye
10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
A little too early for some of these scenarios to
catch on in my head.

District 25 - 3A has plenty of golf left on this hole to count chickens, but this district will be heard from in post season play in both divisions.

Giddings, La Grange and Sealy remain the leaders in the club house, and in spite of all the posts I feel that Bellville will need tickets to go to the playoffs. Their work is cut out for them in the next three weeks with Giddings, Smithville and Sealy.

Best of luck to all in our division and look for those that do represent to do very well.

Rabid Cougar
10-14-2009, 01:53 AM

DIVISION I:
DIVISION II:

I think he will be wrong.

If Gatesville makes it in (a very strong probability), the AW over CS Region I Final is out the window. That puts China Spring into D-II. I also see Connally being the D-I Rep out of District 19 also putting LaVega in DII in Region III