PDA

View Full Version : Who is tired of this "defensless reciever" rule

GrTigers6
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I liked the rule when it came out but then it was a player can not leave his feet to hit a reciever that is defensless. Now if you hit him in the shoulder and then bounce off and hit the helmet after they call it. They are making the game powder puff style. Why don't we just put on flags and play like the 5 year olds.
Also how is a reciever defensless when he has the ball?

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm not for a Jack Tatum/ Daryl Stingley reocurrence............but jeez let them play football. It is a violent game.

Old Tiger
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm more concerned about the "defenseless quarterback rule"

trojan37
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Nobody should be considered defenseless if they are on the field, it's football. They are supposed to get hit. Too many stupid rules are coming into play that are making the game almost boring nowadays, especially the NFL. If they can get on the field and make all that money, then they should be able to get on the field and take a damn hit and earn that money.

blowfish
10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Why dont they get rid of the pads and replace them with flags. It is getting to be a joke!

skins4life
10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Nobody should be considered defenseless if they are on the field, it's football. They are supposed to get hit. Too many stupid rules are coming into play that are making the game almost boring nowadays, especially the NFL. If they can get on the field and make all that money, then they should be able to get on the field and take a damn hit and earn that money.

:iagree: :iagree:

AMEN!!!!!